Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #16  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just doing my daily pop in!

I stepped on the scale this morning, just for grins and giggles. I weighed in at 231.2! So, that is a 2.4 pound loss since I started yesterday! I managed to go yesterday without any pop, and so far so good today! I have been drinking iced tea, which they said that you could drink.

and hopefully after dinner tonight, we will be going to the pool!!!

we ended up not taking our measurements last night. maybe I can get him to do it tonight! I can already feel my clothes being looser. from what I have read, they said that anything from 8 to 13 pounds gone in the first two weeks.....so we shall see where this all goes!!!

Asia~ Great to hear about the workouts!!! I seriously need to get back into doing mine. the past two nights, I have had my oldest in bed with me and Tommy. so, that hasn't helped with the getting up early like I have planned. so, here is to hopefully a good night of swimming and sleep for every body tonight!!!

Sassy~ They should of at least given you a warning before you went into work. something like "don't bother showering, we will all stink by the end of the shift anyways."

SuzieQ~ I know what you mean about doing stuff without the kids in tow! I try to go to the mail box without them in tow......but to do that, I tend to have to wait until Tommy gets home.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya

KATY...sorry I didn't get back on, wasn't even thinking. I will get the book in the mail first thing in the morning for ya. And you are welcome!

SUSAN...for a while it seemed like Josh went thru a lot of phones, ugh, him and Jason (DS#1)...Jason let one fly out his car window and didn't even bother to go look for it...kids! They are doing much better now, lol. Sorry DD threw yours, those suckers are expensive. That would be a great weekend get-away. I don't think RL is expensive, of course it depends on what you get.

MINDEE...yay for making it thru day 1, kuddos to you guys. And WTG to Tommy on the sodas and chips!

FRANCIE...speaking of names...there was a girl that did classes at the scrapbook store whose name is America. When she introduced herself she said "My name is America, yes, I said America. What can I say, my parents named me" lol. I guess I'm just weird, lol. January is cute! I always liked April too, and Summer & Autumn...thought those were pretty. Anywho...thanks for the graphics, I love them and think I got them all!

HIYA JULES, BYE YA JULES Check in when you can missy. I know it's hard with work and that grandbaby of yours.

SASSY...the chicken and corn on the cobb sounds so good! My Aunt has one of those things to do the chicken that way and she says it is the best stuff ever! She will cook two whole chickens at a time even though it's just her and my uncle. She likes cooking BIG meals and then eating off them for days.

ASIA...yeah, thos biscuits are soooo good! My downfall when going there. I've not tried the TaeBo but I bet it is quite the workout. Is it like the turbojam? For some reason I am thinking it is. Good job on your workouts yesterday!

Today:

I was being lazy and didn't want to get up...wasn't sure if it was raining or not to go walk. Then decided I would just do half the walk but once I started walking I did it all. It was only 67 degrees but with the humidity it felt hotter, anyway...

3 mile walk around the subdivision, 2 mile (WATP) Slim & Thin & Mowed the front yard= 1 mile

Eating...so far, so good. I have a snack planned while I watch Jeopardy and dinner is chicken fajita's.

Decided to go and buy groceries this morning for some reason. I went later than I normally do and was surprised that is wasn't crowded at all-normally is at 10'ish so that was nice. Now just getting some laundry done.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #18  
One day at a time

WTG MINDEE! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #19  

Thanks Cristina! I mentioned to Tommy that I was down 2.4 pounds this morning when I stepped on the scale. His response was "that is great! I bet I am down a pound."
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick "drive-by" post here. Had a good meal last night and nice visit with the family. Just missed a couple "grands" and DS being here.

Mom and I are just relaxing here today. DH went off for the day. I am going to color my hair later...and nothing else planned. I did laundry, that's it.

Love,love,love driving the new car. It is fun....

Way to go everyone on being OP and getting exercise. I have done neither the last couple days, but I am determined to get back on it.

HaveaGreatDay.gif
Old 07-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #21  
One day at a time

Hiya SUE Glad you are enjoying the new car, it looks fun!

MINDEE...curious to see what Tommy lost now.

Thought I would check back and see if anyone had posted before signing off.

Have a GREAT day ladies!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #22  

Cristina~ Tommy stepped on the scale and lost a pound.

now we are just trying to come up with something to go with the chicken.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

*sigh* , no I am not caught up but I HAD to post something....lol

Mindee- Awesome on the weight loss!!
I can do the mail box with out Gaby because it is right there..lol...can't get anything done with her it is all about toys or slurpee's.....and now she wants a puppy.

Cristina - I want fish!! lol That is what I want, I don't want to spend $20 a plate though, I might $15. I know, I am a cheapie. Oh, I have learned to buy used. I bought that phone for 6.99 at Goodwill,I picked up a double one for 12.99 today. That way she can have her own to throw and leave mine alone.

yikes out of time to everyone, bbl w/ indi's, I hope.

Had a feta salad today, the kind I use to get when I was working. It was sooo good, and I bought salmon to go on top, 300 calorie total.

k- adios
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #24  

SuzieQ~ thanks for the bravos! it sure is nice to be close to the 220's....now I just need to get closer to my goal!

Tommy asked me how long he thinks it will take me to get to my goal of 200 pounds. I said that I didn't know, and asked why. He said that there would be a surprise at that mark anyways!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #25  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Wow What a morning!!

Hi all.

Wow what a morning this morning! Our building was EVACUATED! Seems like the air conditioner that they had to turn back on after our power outage started smoking about 5:30 in the morning! So the fire alarms went off and everybody was evacuated!!! We ended up with 9 fire trucks and 2 life squads!!!

After an hr and a half, we went back inside. Seems the air conditioner over heated or something?? Anyways there is my drama, hopefully tonight at work will be much calmer! lol.

Well DH has made me supper -- steak, baked potato and corn.

Take Care all!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #26  
ugggg.....

Sassy--hubby sure is taking care of you lately....when do the two of you start working the same shift again?? That's something about your evacuation...the closest we came to that excitement was getting to go home almost a whole day with pay because a squirrel committed suicide in the big transformer...hubby got gyped though...he had to stay and wait while the electric company came and fixed it to make sure everything in the plant got up and running ok..they didn't even give the maintenance guys off the next day or anything.

SuzyQ--I had to start over--there was no way I could catch up on everything...if Rach breaks another phone she should have to buy the next one...how did the boyfriend and the best friend thing work out for her??

Sue--glad your mom is doing good...enjoy that new car!!

Mindee--wtg on the weightloss...I hear people have good results with SBD, I eat alot of veggies and hubby's gout acts up if he eats alot of meat, especially red meat so I don't know if it would work for us.

Crisitina--humidity sucks!! I am doing a load of laundry myself. Have been doing a load each night so there is not much to do when the baby is here. Teri will bring there stuff with her when she comes on Thursday. The only thing she does of hers at the laundromat across the street from her apt is her bed stuff.

Asia--sounds like you are doing all the right stuff. I started walking again and stopped by a curves type gym I used to belong to--the owner said she would waive the registration fee since I completed my year there before moving on to Golds Gym which turned out to be a big mistake. Her gym is less than 5 minutes from my house and Golds is at least 15-20. Hubby gave me a hard time about going to Golds and I stopped going. He didn't have a problem with the women's only gym.

Francie--I like the name Sunday too..and I like Rose, Teri was almost Jennifer Rose. I saw where they are posting one pic of the baby for news agencies to use and are asking money to be donated if it is used...

Katy--like the new avatar pic of you--you are just too cute!!

Tammy--I know you posted somewhere back there..how's the wedding prep going??

Well I have to finish getting a couple things together to send to Ry and I think the laudry is ready to get out of the dryer...hope I didn't miss anyone...

have a great night!!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #27  

well, I just couldn't resist it and stepped on the scale just after getting out of the bath. I am now 230.8!

Sassy~ Drama, drama, drama! are you sure you aren't in a drama group? lol

Jules~ I can't believe how big Dominic is getting!!! thanks for the nice words. we are not big veggie eaters, but this is forcing us to try new things and to go outside our comfort zones so to speak.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #28  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Sassy- thats crazy to hear about your air conditioning. I bet your steak meal was really good!!

Susan- How old is gabby? I need a new phone too but only because mine is 4 years old. Almost 5. Its so old school. Good job on the 300 cal meal.

Mindee- I hope you really get to work out soon. I just done feel the same if I dont do one now that I am used to it. WTG on your and tommy's weight loss. Keep it up!!!!

Cristina- I have no idea what turbo jam is. Tae bo is like kick boxing sorta. There is alot of kicking and punching and stuff. Its alot of fun. Its by Billy Blanks. He is so encouraging. He really makes you feel good when you make it through. Its realy good to hear about your workout. I think tomarrow I might do the strength workout on watp. We shall see.

Jules- Awesome about the gym!!! When I reach my goals I am gonna get a gym membership. We have a gym here that has tanning and classes. Any kind of class you could want. I told my self when I get to my goal I was gonna take kick boxing. I can do it for 30 dollars a month plus anything else I want to do. I cant wait.

Moving on....

Andrew left for New Mexico for the boy scouts. He will be gone until the 28th which means I probably wont see him until the 29th. That means I have 19 days or so to finish loosing my 20 pounds. I have 6 down. 14 to go. I dont know if I can do it but I am gonna try. I made inspirational papers to post around my house to encourage me. I really want to make this because I really want a new out fit!!!! Maybe if I keep trying. If worse comes to worse I wont make it but I will still be a whole lot more fit than i was. So its a win win right? I was kinda bummed about Andrew leaving but He will be back soon and we can celebrate out one year. I am gonna try so hard. I can do this for 19 more days. If I lost 20 then I would only have 19 to go. That would be so good to be in the teens. Anyways today I did the 4 mile on watp. tomorrow I will do some sort of strength training. My eating has been a little to good. Today I didnt reach my calorie need. So I had to eat extra. I didnt mean for it to happen. tomorrow I will have to really count them out. I realized after supper that I hadnt even broken a thousand calories. I managed to make it to a little over 12 hundred. Which is fine. I just had to eat extra granola bars. I really need to work on my water intake. We shall see.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #29  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Bad News.

Well I got some bad news lastnight. Actually 2 things: My grandfather is dying, and my fil is in kidney failure.

So just so ya know I'm not in a good mood (if you can't already tell)........and probably will just stay totally away from the forum for a while, just cuz my state of mind right now.

I am definitely not going to be very "Sassy" for a while...........

Anyways, don't want to add to my "Drama" but well, it is my life. I am not making these things up!!! Trust me I WISH I was!!! Maybe I should write a book? lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-10-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:37 AM   #30  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Oh sassy that isnt any good at all. I will def be praying for you and your family!!!!
Closed Thread