Jaded Ladies Weight loss chat # 299

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Hello and to the Jaded Ladies !

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
  • How is everyone doing today?

Been keeping myself focused on WW, trying to keep within my points and not over indulge. I struggle every now and then such as not having a lunch. You would think that I would be going over my points rather not getting enough!

I can just see myself hitting a "binge" day if I continue doing that. So I need to do much better. Exercise is still on the back burner. Been enjoying the weather either working in the yard or doing absolutely nothing! MUST get to working out.

Sue--How are you doing? How is your mom? You say you feel like a slug, but my goodness....you are a busy slug! I need to catch up on some of my housework.

Pat--Have you been able to work on getting visitations with your dog? I sure hope so. Your pup needs you too.

Mindee--Mandatory couple time is what all couples need. Keeps the fire burning!! I think it's great that your DH is planning a party for you.....surprise or not!

Trish--Thanks for letting us know about Jane. Sounds like everyone is trying to get their homes cleaned up so we can enjoy the holiday weekend. Not sure what I'm doing yet....depends if hubby works or not.

Diva--Welcome back! Now.....did we call you by another name or do you want to go by Diva?

Angie--Were you not able to have the day off? I hope you got to out tonight and do some celebrating. We all need time to just enjoy. I hope your back is feeling better. I sit all day also and have a horrible habit of sitting on one leg while I work........not good.

Sassy--I'm am happy to hear that things at work are improving!! That's great! I have been tackling different rooms in my house too. It's such a mess. My scary room is the laundry "everything else" room! REALLY needs cleaned out!!

Ellen--Hello busy mom to be!

Jane--Hello to you if you get time to pop in here!

Hello to anyone I have missed!

Well I think I'm going to get off the computer and relax a bit. Hubby should be home tonight so that will be nice!!!

Have a good night everyone.
  • doing my nightly pop in........carefully! I am repainting my nails, and so I am trying not to screw them up!

we decided to go up north to see my parents on Friday. not staying over night, just going up for the day. so it should be nice, my mom just sent Tommy an email and said to bring every body's suits because the pool is open.

we are going to pick up some of those nutrition supplemental drinks for Logan. He hasn't really had that big of an appetite lately, and Tommy was cleaning him up after his bath, and said that he could see and feel his ribs. not that long ago he had a gut on him, so I am hoping for a growth spurt!

Tommy mentioned to one of the lady's at his work that he is going to be starting the SBD and she said "you are going to be starving!" then she told him that a neighbor, I think, of hers is on it and has been for a couple of months, and she has already lost 40 pounds.
  • Hi all.

I have the biggest headache and have had it all week long! UGH! No matter what I take it never goes away!!! Or if it goes away it comes back!! Annoying!!! Esp when trying to work! lol. Aw well at least its MY Friday!!!! Is it 9:30 AM yet? (<--when I get off of work) lol.

Marti -- yeah it sure makes the work "environment" a lot better. lol. Also I found out more and more people have had the exact same issue with her and have gone and complained about her. So lets hope shes learned her lesson otherwise she may not be here too much longer. But so far, so good! lol. Our ""scary" room is my DH's office. It is a NIGHTMARE! I may start on it this weekend, we'll see!!!! lol.

• Sassy~ I hope your headache goes away soon!
  • News! News! News!
    Hey All............

NEWS!!!NEWS!!!!NEWS!!!!

DH told me that he just heard, they are moving him to MY shift (same hrs and same days/nights!!!!!) Now even more news. I think I have mentioned here about them putting DH & My teams under different management. (My team is under completely different management now) Well its going to be even more of a split.

They will be moving my team, again. We don't know where and most likely that will include me and the other nightshift girl too, which means we will be sitting alone for 10 hrs. (We work 2.5 hrs with dayshift).

But you never know with my co. as you all have come to realize I am sure. So nothing is "set in stone" until it happens, or at least that I how I am looking at it. lol.

But its news just the same.

DH thinks that our supervisor (for now we still have the same one) got tired of dealing with him being on days so I think he "cracked" and decided to give DH what he wanted: to work the same shift as me. lol. Amazing what persistence does!!! lol. Even if we aren't working on the same floor, at least we'll be on the same shift, that is until our new management decides to change my hours........again. lol. But still if we are both working the same nights and on the same shift, that is fine with me! lol.

Well that is about it, I just wanted to share with someone and my mom is at work and I don't want to call my mil because she'll end up talking my arm off and I don't want to talk that much! lol.

Well my mom just popped online so I got to tell her!!! lol. She was happy for DH & me. She said her shift has changed from 11 am to 8 pm to 2 pm to 10 pm. I told her, "Welcome Back to Nightshift" lol.

Oh and so far *saying this very quietly* my headache has gone!! Lets hope it STAYS that way! lol

Big
  • Morning ladies...

I've got a few minutes before I need to leave for work and thought I would pop in.

Mindee--Are you and hubby doing the SBD? If so, I think it's great that you can doing something together. Hubby wants to gain muscle and I want to lose weight.......makes for different types of eating but does help with the encouraging each other.

Sassy--Sorry about the headache but hurray for the same shift with hubby!!! I miss working the same hours w/my hubby. It was nice to work the same days and have the same days off. (different departments) Now.....our schedule couldn't be anymore complex with him working "on call" type of hours!

All is well here. Still not really exercising but eating clean. Keeping within my points. I've started writing out menus (or idea's for menus) that I can follow so I'm getting more out of the WW program. Maybe I'm just not as focused on things as I thought I was!! Really need to figure something out.

Ok......only two more days and then it's a three day weekend! Whoo hoo!!

What are all your plans?
  • just doing my daily pop in......

Tommy is going to pick up some more swimmers, and we will more then likely take the kids to the pool at some point in time today.

Marti~ We are going to start it 100% together when we go grocery shopping the next time. he told me that he could lose the weight just by cutting out pop. I said yeah, but if I do that, my boobs get smaller and that is it! he told me that he is going to start going back to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays...he has a lifetime membership to a gym and it is just sitting in his wallet.
  • Hello alll

Marti,,,I found that I struggled to eat all my points too,,,and exactly what you said you could feel a binge coming,,,be on that before it happens.
    I try to stand every so often and stretch,,,its hard since Im on a time crunch to get my manifests done.

YAY Sassy,,,Im glad your hubby's schedule is like yours now. Its seems we are all on the same schedule at our house...wake at 4:30 am,,,I work the longest it seems,,,,blah

Mindee that would be great for both of you to be doing the program together. AS for Logan not eating,,,could be the heat,,,I know both my boys were good eaters then not. Id just blend,,,milk bananas together and make a *milkshake*

Well Im a few days behind in my manifesting still...can't wait for my boss to get back so I can take a breather. ITs a real struggle.
    Then we had our Scanning clerk take a few days off...starting Friday...did the manager remember to call a temp office? Nope,,,so as a joke I said its ok Ill bring Tanner and he can do it...his response,,,ah man that would be great...and he was serious. So Tanner is going to come into work for a few days,,,its easy peasy work. Would like him to do some manifesting,,,ha ha and give me a break.
    Not sure if he can handle 5 am wake ups tho...ha ha

well Im gonna go and get supper done,,,,Monte starts it I try to finish it.
    night all
  • fricker fracker! I just typed up a somewhat small novel, and then hit the fresh button for some odd reason, and it was all gone!

I am dragging but majorly! Brandon was up at 2am, and then at 2:45 I went into his room and got him. brought him into our room, which then woke Marissa up. so, after a bottle, some medicine and laying her back down she was good to go!

fast forward to 4am, and I heard Tommy say that he was going out to sleep on the couch since he got kicked off of our bed. I roll over and proceed to fall asleep.

I get jolted out of bed at 6am to Tommy's alarm going off. I drag my butt out of bed to go tap him awake, then drag my butt back to bed. climb into bed, and proceed to fall back asleep until 9:30am!
  • Hi Ladies, It is a rainy day here. It is cool. Boy did I sleep in.

Mindee~I would be tired too. Maybe you can grab a nap this afternoon?

Sassy~Hoping things will work out better for you now that you all are on the same schedule. Time together will be better too. Not the one is trying to wind down while the other is trying to get ready for work thing.

Everyone else have a good day! I will catch ya all later. Pat
  • Mornin'
    Mornin' all.

Thanks for all the kind words about my DH's shift change. I am just so thankful that we'll be able to spend time together again.

Oh and if that wasn't enough "Good News" here is more.......DH told me that a girl on dayshift stood up for me to that woman who said those mean things. I guess she was downing nightshift, again. So this girl stands up and says to the mean lady: "How would you know? You've never even worked one night!!! Those girls (me and the girl who works on the nights I'm off) do 5 x's the work you do and the work you do, you screw up!!!" I SO wish I was there for that! lol. But man it felt so good to have someone stand up for me!!!!

DH did buy me another book that was also on Oprah about past lives that I am reading about now. I thought that was so sweet of him to buy that for me since he saw me watching that show all about it and all.

Well the Good news is my headache is gone, thanks to Excedrin Migraine!!! The bad news is I think I'm getting sick. I feel like crapola. Ah well at least I'm off until Sunday night, so hopefully I can "recoop" before going back to work! lol. So I may or may not be around this weekend, I plan on resting and fighting this "sick bug" lol.

I think its supposed to rain all weekend anyways, be nice to stay in and watch some flicks. Oh and step out on my deck tomorrow night to see some pertty fireworks! (we can see them from our deck!!!)

I hope you all have a
    Wonderful and SAFE 4th of July!!!!

I want to Thank ALL of those hard working men and women who are fighting for us and to those wives, DH's, moms, dads, sisters, brothers, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and friends, who have to worry about their loved ones every single day/night. Thank You. I know that thanks is not even close to being nearly enough, but thank you.

Happy Birthday AMERICA!!!

• Morning ladies...

Mindee--I think that's wonderful that you'll be doing this w/your hubby. Hope you got some sleep.

Angie--I'm up from my seat at work as much as I can be. It's hard sometimes when you need to get the work done though. How old is Tanner? He may enjoy the extra money!

Pat--Hello!

Sassy--Good to hear about the girl sticking up for you! You may have started something by speaking up......others seem to be doing so also! No more bullying!

Need to get my morning going here, hubby took a couple days off from work so we'll get to spend the 4th today. We'll be walking to town to join in on the festivities.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th!

• alright, I got two windows open so I can respond without losing anything this time!

nothing really new on this end......just a typical day with no body taking a nap.....at least the boys didn't....I hope Marissa did! another rough night with Brandon and his sleep again. he was up again at the same time, but I left him in his room, and after 3am I was able to go to bed without any tag-a-longs. so I gave in and poured myself a coke so I had that extra little bit of caffeine to keep me awake!

the boys are watching the movie "Firehouse Dog" right now. we caught it in the middle of it, so I am sure that they will want to watch it again the next time it is on.
  • Hi Ladies,

Just a quick flyby. Sorry no indies this time. Just wanted to say
    Y'ALL HAVE A HAPPY 4TH!!!

Hugs,
    Trish