Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy....yeah don't do citrus drinks since WLS. and I don't care for chocolate, it tastes like dirt to me.

I went to the doctor, she said I don't have any infection, but do have blood in my urine (quite a bit too). She said it could be from the trauma of having a kidney stone, or the stone is in my bladder raising havoc. If the pain doesn't get any worse, then keep doing what I am doing, and drink, drink, drink, if the pain gets worse go to ER, my need a urologist. GREAT. My lower half just hurts. Can't take my vicodin cause it makes me sleep and I don't think I could get away with that at work. The nausea meds make me sleep too. YIKES!! Oh Whoa is me, boo who who, get over it Annie, buck up bucko.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #137  

Annie, I've had a couple of kidney stones years ago, and you're not being a big baby about it. They are very, very, painful. The first time I was in such pain I didn't call an ambulance because I was convinced I wouldn't be able to get down the stairs to let them in, after which I could barely walk all week. found sitting or getting up awful, probably residual pain from all the clenching and cramping of the actual stone. I only had one or two more (mild) episodes after that, and have always hydrated a lot more since then, although I no longer limit dairy. Just take it fairly easy, lots of water and rest, and don't do too much dairy for a while. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #138  

Yes, I am alive, and back from the trip to England, although I'm off again on a business trip. Life (and internet access) will remain very unsttled for the rest of the month, but I do lurk when I can.

Happy, do take care of yourself after that fall! And don't worry too much about the tilapia - most fish is farmed now, but then the chicken is full of antibiotics and growth hormone, the beef is destroying the ozone layer, and our veg and legumes are full of pesticides. Just call me Eyore... As for WW Core, you don't have to eat any of the FF or SF stuff, they just include that to make it easier to figure out and to help people who can't live without sweetness in their lives, and of course for that you have your lovely DH. I guarantee that if you followed WW Core and allowed 35 extra flex points per week you'd just melt away. Having said that, the diabetes training (info session?) might be very helpful too. If we all followed a strict diabetic diet they'd have to change the name of the site to 3skinny chicks... In other words, do as Ms Junkfood says, not as she does .

Shad, don't know how you can exercise at 5 in the morning. Yuk. Also don't know if I'd want to spend much time in Jakarta which I remember as one heck of a smelly place. How long will you be there?

Mel, you got an email, so nothing more for you, except get your hand off that frappucino right now!!!!

Everyone else, take care, I'll catch up one of these days.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #139  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok Carla - so I went and licked DH. While he's alot of fun in a cotton candy sort of way, his "sweetness" just can't hold a candle to ice cream

I will have to put on my big girl pants and go take another look at the Core Program. I just have to have SOME sugar in my life.

I checked out Exercise on Demand on Cable and they have the lovely Leslie Sansone back on again (she was gone for a few months and they rotated in some salsa chick). They also have Jillian Michael's (Biggest Loser Trainer) 30 Day Shred program that everyone is talking about. Problem is it's Shred 2 and Shred level 3. Last month must have been Shred 1. I will have to do some serious modification downwards. Maybe I'll just make buddies with Leslie again and catch some yoga and weights.

Today doesn't feel like it was as good of an eating day today but I'm sure I'm still within my points. There is fruit left to eat. Peaches are divine and I have the world's biggest cantelope on the counter. It's almost mutant cantaloupe and kind of scares me a little. But it smells divine tho DH thinks it smells like the garbage needs taking out.

Ok, I need to go wash dishes now. See yah.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #140  
Annie - Indiana

Today is a better day!!

[COLOR="Magenta"]I STARTED MY FREAKIN PERIOD AFTER 12 WEEKS WITHOUT!! THAT SHOULD EXPLAIN SOME OF THE PAIN AND BODY ACHES. DANG IT[/COLOR

Other than bleeding like a stuck pig and cramps, things are much better today. Amen

Everyone have a great day.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

whoops lost some of the effects
Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 AM   #142  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY...I WISH WE COULD CLONE OURSELVES! THEN WE REALLY COULD BE TWO PLACES AT ONCE. GLAD YOU HAD HELP THERE...PERFECT TIMING!

ANNIE...I AM SO SORRY YOU'RE GOING THRU THIS. HOPE IT ALL ENDS SOON. STONES ARE SUCH NASTY THINGS TO HAVE. I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE THE PAIN YOU'RE GOING THRU. SO BOO HOO AWAY ALL YOIU WANT!! TAKE CARE.

CARLA.... BACK TO THE CONTINENT!
I HAD A LAUGH AT THE ADVICE FOR HAPPY. WE WOULD BE ALL SKINNY CHICKS FOR SURE...IT'S SUCH A HEALTHY DIET! AFTER I CHECK ON HERE I WILL GO AND CHECK MY MAILBOX AND....I DON'T HAVE ANY FRAPPUCCINOS LEFT! SO MY HANDS ARE EMPTY!

HAPPY.....MY BEST ADVICE WOULD BE TO BEGIN SLOWLY. THIS WAY THERE AREN'T ANY SORE MUSCLES THAT WILL MAKE WORKING AND SLEEPING UNENJOYABLE. IT WILL ALSO KEEP YOU FROM FEELING GENERALLY BAD & SAD. CAUSE YOU KNOW IF WE FEEL THAT WAY THEN THE SWEET TOOTH GETS EVEN STRONGER...COMFORT FOODS!
I THINK YOU AND I NEED TO GO TO A SPA AND STAY THERE TIL;L WE LOSE THE WEIGHT...WONDER IF BETTY FORD HAS A SUGARS ANONYMOUS???
PS~ tell dh he is right...everytime i go in the kitchen it stinks like old garbage!!!

GOOD MORNING CHICKIESANOTHER LOVELY BRIGHT DAY. I FEEL VERY HUNGRY THIS MORNING. MIGHT BE A GOOD DAY TO WEIGH MYSELF. YOU WOULD THINK WE ARE GETTING READY FOR AN INVASION OF ALIENS INSTEAD OF JUST HIGHER TEMPS BY THE AMOUNT OF THE OFFICE DRAMA. I HAVE ALL MY STUFF IN ONE BAG NEAR THE DOOR INCASE OF BLACKOUT AND THE HEADLIGHT CHAIR IS GOING TO GET CHARGED UP RIGHT NOW. I AM READY FREDDY!! CANCELLED THE FOOD SHOP TODAY. ARM SAID IT'S NOT READY JUST YET. I AM GOING TOMORROW WHEN I CAN GET MORE HELP FROM WILLY AND FRIDAYS ARE SLOWER AT THE STORE.
THE "MOVIE CLUB" GAVE ME BACK THE HOMEMADE TV GUIDE AND I SEE A GAZILLION CHECKMARKS WHEN I FLIPPED THRU THE 2 MONTHS WORTH OF PAGES! I TOLD THEM THEY ARE GONNA NEED A PASSLE OF TAPES AND BETTER GO TO ALL THE STORES AND LASSO UP ALL THEY CAN FIND! CAUSE NOW THEY HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE THEIR OWN "LIBRARY" OF TAPES AND KEEP THEM ALL WELL.......THEY ARE HAPPY AND THE ROOM NEVER HAD SO MANY SMILING FACES IN IT AT ONE TIME. THE MAYOR OF COURSE IS THRILLED TO SEE SOME OF THEM ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING. HE IS PROMOTING A GARDEN/BUILDING BEAUTIFICATION PROGRAM AND IS GOING TO OVERSEE THE MEETING TOO.
THE LIST OF SENIORS IS GROWING FOR THE CLUB. I AM EXCITED FOR THEM TOO. FINALLY....I SEE SOME LIFE IN THIS OLD BUILDING. HOPEFULLY THAT LIFE-LIGHT WILL GROW NOW. IN THE FUTURE, I THINK EVEN JEN WOULD JOIN IN ONCE SHE SEES IF THEY KEEP IT UP.
BETTER GO AND GET BREAKFAST. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
HAPPY HUMP DAY!!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:15 AM   #143  
Happy September

OH ANNIE....IF THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THE PAIN....THANK GOD!!! LET US ALL KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT IS!!! FEEL BETTER
Old 07-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #144  
Happy September

Why, Why, Why,

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are almost dead?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they already know there is not enough money?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does someone
believe you when you say there are four billion stars; but have to check when you say the paint is still wet?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'lisp'?

If people evolved from apes,
why are there still apes?

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses
are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, 'It's all right?' Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, 'That really hurt, why don't you watch where you're going?'

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?

And my FAVORITE......
The statistics on sanity is that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends --
if they're okay, then it's you.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #145  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Mel - it's good to see the serniors getting interested in something. Bored groups of people are no fun whether they are 2 or 82. And the garden club sounds like something perfect for them. I hope things keep up. I had forgotten about the famous east coast rolling blackouts until you mentioned having your bag packed. Yikes. Blackouts would just send me over the edge on my phobia of getting stuck in elevators :yike: :yike: Hope the weather doesn't get too uncomfortable for you - stay the cool chick that you are And thank you for the advice.

Not sure what is going on - new meds or change in diet but I am more tired than usual and everything hurts. It's spots all over my body rather than a full body ache but it's not a good feeling. I may have to break down and take a pain pill. Maybe I should be like the cat and just go stretch my body out in full on the hot pavement - kitty version of a hot stone treatment She has her eyes closed and is almost smiling so there must be something to it!

Annie - glad you finally got your period. 3 months without - well that sounds like a vengeful one is on it's way. Hope you feel better soon. This has not be a good couple of weeks for you. Hopefully this is the end of the down cycle and you can peak back up again. Hugs and a heating pad extended out to you ...

Carla - it's great to see you again - you and Shad the world travellers. You are actually pretty right about the diabetes diet. My cousin went to classes in an effort to support her dad who was newly diagnosed and not too fond of changing his ways. She lost something like 40 pounds following their diet - and she had had a difficult time knocking the weight off before. I thought chocolate was supposed to be the devil but I guess it's sugar in general. Happy travels to you - hopefully no more hotel rooms from coming your way!

Ceejay - sometime you will have to tell us more about what you do at work. I'm sure we all take for granted getting clean water out of the tap. Hope you have a better day today.

And a good evening to you Shad. Hope you had a good training day and you are sitting with your feet up, relaxing and winding down for the day. Did you find another victim for the 5am gym class or has word gotten out about you?

How's Bella doing Shy?

While I had a good eating day on Tuesday - yesterday was a way over points day. It started with an innocent turkey sandwich. Too much cheese, bread itself even tho a small piece and those darn baked potatoes that I knew I should not be eating but couldn't resist added up to alot of points overage. I try not to use my flex points so I'll aim for not using all the regular points today. Much as I hate to accept it, it's all about planning ahead of time, concious choices and most importantly, not being backed into a corner by lack of planning and just grabbing something because you are hungry.

At least the scale has gone down a little so I have hope that if I do my part, perhaps I can have some success.

Time to "go make the donuts" as they say. Have a good day everyone. Hello to the rest of those I didn't get to individually.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #146  
Choose your hard

Mel - I have often pondered many of them myself - particularly Tarzan. And I do several of them too
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #147  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just can't keep up with a whole bunch of personals but I do read.

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with dog sitting, Pyper visits, grand daughter Tayler here while her mum had an hysterectomy and all the work for the Fair. T. goes home tomorrow and there will be three days with no company until the Pypers arrive on Monday for the week. I am hoping for gorgeous weather wso they are out in the boat or at the Fair most of the time! I love them all dearly but three dogs and five adults means chaos in this small house.

Enough whining. I'm outta here to package the Good Food Box stuff and then will take dear Hershey to the vet to check out her fur loss. Her lovely tail plume is gone and looks like a grey stick! I'm afraid I've been neglecting her a bit with all the fuss over Disney. I just hope the vet doesn't tell me to keep her out of the water as she just loves wallowing in the pool on these hat and humid days.

Just got an email from my sister blasting me a bit for not staying in touch. Funny but phones work both ways, don't they? Slaps self upside the head for being beetchy!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #148  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A Terrific Thursday to all -

On Tuesday night, I did a scavenger hunt at work with members of my team competing against members of other teams. Each team had to stay together the whole time as we ran from building to building up and down stairs for an hour! Talk about a great workout! I know I wouldn't have been able to do this 6 months ago, that's for sure! Anyway, we unfortunately came in 4th place out of 10 teams, but it was fun and it burned a ton of calories I'm sure. Anyway, I was still feeling the effects of it yesterday after work, so I took the day off from the gym. I'll go tonight though.

Rennie - I hope Bella is doing better now. It's good that her temp is back in the normal range for dogs (between 100.5 and 102.5).

Shad - I hope things are going well for you in JK. Good for you for forcing consultants to exercise!! Most of them need it! I always wish I could get up early and exercise...I just do better after work, plus it helps me get rid of all the pent up stress from the work day. It's good that everyone has their exercise preferences....otherwise the gyms would be even more crowded.

Mel - We're having the hot and muggy weather here too, and a bit of "unhealthy" air. Of course, what they consider unhealthy air in Wisconsin is crystal clear compared to Silicon Valley where I used to live. I'm glad that mother nature and the doc are working together to help you rest and relax. Stay cool. The shrimp recipes look so yummy!! It's so nice of you to do so much for the seniors! And so nice that they are getting involved in the movies and gardening, etc.

Annie - Sounds like you're having the same weather we are. Try and stay cool. I hope you feel better soon. Just keep flushing away - and do watch the calcium and dairy intake. Yup, getting the monthlies would explain your pain! Hang in there, sweetie.

Happy - A countdown to Christmas ticker? I do not want any reminders that winter is on its way. Please do be careful with all the bigger fish (salmon, tuna, etc.). The bigger the fish are, the more little fish they need to eat and the more mercury stays in their systems. Better to eat the little fish...you won't get as much mercury then. You'll do fine on the flex plan as long as you log your food and track your points. YGG! Your steak and summer squash dinner sounds wonderful! You don't want to stay under your points either. Hit your point target exactly - or your body will think it's in starvation mode. You don't have to "give up" anything that's high on the glycemic index...just watch the portion and add some protein with it - you should be fine. I hope your podiatrist appt went well. I'll have to check to see if we have Exercise on Demand cable. Some good gentle stretching might just do you good. As for your over points....bread is not your enemy...bread without fiber is, as are potatoes. Make the best choices you can...strive for progress not perfection.

Ceejay - I think you do need a clone for all the important work you do around the plant.

Carla - Great to hear from you! I hope you had a wonderful trip to England and have a fantastic fun and productive business trip.

Ruth - Sheesh, you sure are busy. don't overdo, okay? I hope Hershey's vet visit goes well.

Well, I've gotta go. Lots to get done today!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #149  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
Yes, her temp is normal now. If I could just get her to eat more than a bite here and a bite there I would be happy. She won't even touch her dog food but I am not going to push that until she is eating normal then I will put her back on her own food. right now it is chicken breasts. She is eating better than the kids lol. I told them Wellllll if she eats your chicken breast guess you are going to have to eat the dog food lol.

Ruth
Oh I do understand. I have 5 extra people in my house lol. I have a large house and I still feel like I am stepping on, over or around someone all the time. 4 of those 5 people are under age 11 lol. Sure hope they find out what is going on with Hershey and can get it all fixed up.

Happy
Hope you start to feel better. Bella is a bit better. She isn't eating anything but a bite of chicken breast here and there but at least she is eating that. Not going to force her dog food on her ( which she loves but is turning her nose up to right now ) until she is a bit better. Maybe will try again tomorrow. That is why I am so glad I have dropped some weight. I DO NOT do elevators I use the stairs everywhere I go. I have a friend that lives 6 flights up and I do those flights every time I go to visit her.

Melody
Sounds like you have things under control. Glad everyone is finding something to get involved in. It is no fun to sit around with nothing to do.

Annie
Oh welcome to my world a couple of times a year. Now you have an excuse for how your kids spell your name lol.

Happy
I love Leslie. Her and I have become good friends.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #150  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Selamat pagi or good morning in Indonesian.
See I am learning even if I am not very good at the monotone that it must be delivered in.
apa kabar - how are you?

Short note, may be even shorter than envisioned since I am waiting for the class to arrive and since they work on Jakarta time, it could be anytime from now on. I am here just incase. JIC they ever turn up. M-L tells me it took her 1 hour to drive 15kms to work this morning. Suspect there might be a bit of traffic build up out there somewhere eh!

Poor Annie - no wonder you were in such pain. Yuk. There will be a big dam in there I am sure. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Carla - good to see you back. I was beginning to think the worst here. But you turned up. Did you do any walking while in the UK? We will have to try and get together on another trip and see if we can do some of Britains best walks. Another thing to add to the trip list! as if I needed more. I will have to live to 95 to get through it all.

Happy - I have always found that when all else fails, the natural product is best. In the case of sugar, I don't have a problem although I know you do. My trick in this case would be to limit the amount of natural sugar to whatever is the ww limit of the substitutes and when that is gone, go without. I've always found natural and moderation to be the best for me. At one time when I was really dedicated and motivated, I used to weigh out all the daily ingredients and put them on one shelf of the fridge. I then ate when and what I wanted from the shelf. Once it was gone, so were the daily rations. It did work, but required dedication. Especially if you have someone else in the house that can and does eat anything and everything. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. *sigh*

Okay - it is half and hour past start time now. The trainer is here and about two others, the rest are yet to arrive. Gotta love Jakarta time. I'm now told there is a demonstration on the streets somewhere. Probably because the Bali Bombers lost their final appeal in court yesterday and are now headed for the firing squad. Such is life.

Mel - happy gardening. Get in there and get the vegs growing. Such fun for the seniors. Probably takes some of them back to the great depression days - and I guess for some it is getting that way again. News is doom and gloom for world economies. But take care that you don't hurt yourself trying to help the rest of the world. Loved the jokes. Yep the last one does bear thinking about. I just quoted it to a roomful of consultants. They took a vote, they think I am the nuts one. ooooaaaaah

Gotta go.
Closed Thread