Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #61  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quickie, as I am on my way to bed. Had to turn on the A/C tonight. It was breezy all day, then got hot. Oh well, good sleeping.
I got in a short bike ride and a walk. Food was real good today even though we ate out. I had a veggie melt and a baked potato. Had only had fruit the rest of the day, but finally had a small helping of cereal too.

Sorry to not talk to all of you individually. Just in a hurry.
Have a good Thurs.

Last edited by suetalks; 06-25-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #62  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

man it has gotten so hot and humid all of a sudden! I went from being nice and comfortable to now being sweaty and sticky.

as for our walk, it wasn't a full two hour walk, we actually sat down and talked with the office manager and her daughter, but the kids were playing and one of us was up going after Logan mainly for trying to climb the monkey bars.

oh yeah, they are FINALLY sending someone over to fix the bathroom floor! I talked to the office manager on Wednesday and told her that the floor was getting softer. she called one of the guys and he said that he will come over in the morning to look at it, but more then likely he will have to rip up the old flooring and put down new flooring and tiling!

and on top of that, once they are done with the other remodels, we were given the go ahead to rip up the carpet in the dining room and to put down tile. which, I have to see if the guy coming over in the morning would be willing to help since the office manager said to ask him. but it would probably take me making him lunch for a week. but at the earliest that we would be able to do that is in August.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #63  
kitty Momo

Good Morning

to everyone!!

Good about the bathroom floor Mindee. I have a lot of water behind my toilet that sprays out from the shower, been worried about dry rot but it seems to be ok. Weird though because there is always a puddle there.

Sue - Slow down and come chat! Veggie melt actually sounds good. I have been eating chicken so long I might try those veggie burgers. I know.....random thought. to you and keeping you in my prayers.

Cristina - I am glad you got the summer schedule, your reply though went to my spam box, good thing I checked. So, what did you end up buying Cambrie for her birthday?? She will be 4 years old?? How cute. Only 3 more weeks of the Bachelorette,so it is almost over! lol It helps to focus on other things otherwise I would be overwhelmed.

Francie - How was Chain Gang Girls?? lol I use to watch this show on public tv called Cell Block something...it was English. I use to watch it in the dark, my mom would have had a cow if she knew I was watching it.

k- I have to do a quckie post too. My back is feeling better, must have just strained it. Doing laundry and Rach is all mine this weekend, oh joy. She was suppose to go camping but decided not to.

Hi to Jules, Katy, Sassy (where are you???) Tammy, Clara and ??? is that everyone??? I think.

bbl

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-26-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #64  

just popping in here before I go and check on Tommy's work laundry.

the guy came over and looked at the bathroom floor. he said that he had to talk to the head maintenance guy to see what he says. he came back and told me that the head maintenance guy says that they have to ask the owner what he wants to do with it. the guy that came here, who is our friend, said that they will either just pull up the part that is damaged, put a fan on it to dry and then repatch it.....or they will tear it all up. he knew immediately where it was when he walked into the bathroom.

so, right now, none of the kiddos are napping, so it looks like an early bedtime with a possible no-show at the fireworks here in town tonight. it is hot and humid here, and I have managed to go this far without having to put the air on. but Brandon has already been bugging me to go swimming, so I told him that we would see what daddy wants to do when he gets home from work.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #65  
I can dream, can't I?

Bad news..good news situation. The biopsy found cancer, but not melanoma like before. This is the lesser basal cell. I don't have to be cut on anymore, just burned. Not an attractive thought. Better than the alternative. So there it is...thanks for caring.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #66  
I can dream, can't I?

Susan- This sandwich is just lots of veggies on a wonderful toasted bun. They then melt cheese on it. I ask for lo fat and you can't tell..... Has all kinds of peppers, onions, mushrooms, just yummy. I am going to attempt it at home.

Mindee- Good luck on getting the floor fixed. I hope they repair it instead of patching.

BTW Susan...how do you have dry rot if there is a puddle of water. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Okay...sorry about that. I think I am rather in a fog today....
Old 06-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #67  
kitty Momo

for Sue.... a hug!

Sue
- Not sure why they call it dry rot when it comes from water, standing puddles and such. I am just amazed my floor is still standing. I probably should get another shower curtain because it never shuts all the way.
I guess I was thinking the meat was veggie. See, you aren't the only one in a fog ...
Many warm thoughts for you today!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-26-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #68  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

SUSAN...I get a lot of mail that comes as spam too so always check it before I empty. Thanks for the schedule...poor Gaby. It is good for her in that she is learning but sure seems like a LOT of work for someone her age, just a very long day for her. V & Chase liked the movie (Kung Fu Panda) didn't think V would but he said it was actually good. He probably went to sleep in there and didn't see any of it, lol. I bought Cambrie a Barbie Bug...it's too cute and then the beach barbie that goes with it and an outfit for Barbie only about $18. Was going to get something else but remembered we already gave her something, lol so this is good enough. She is always wanting to put my brushes and combs in her bag when she comes over so was looking for a kids brush & comb but couldn't find one in either Target or Wal-Mart. May go to the Dollar General tomorrow and see if they have one. Actually, Target had a Belle brush with mirror that was supposed to talk but it was broke. Was going to give her the skirt too but decided I would just keep that over here for those times they come over and she wants to stay but has no clothes like the last time. And yes, she will be 4. Hey, WTG on the $11 outfit! Sounds cute and bet it looks good on you! Are you sure you don't possibly have a slow leak under the toilet? Might want to check that...maybe one of the pipes is leaking.

SUE...lots of hugs to you. The sandwich sounds delicious and I wish we could go without the air. I did turn it up to 77 and thinking about 78. It's nice sleeping with the windows open though...can't remember the last time we did that.

MINDEE...I don't know why anyone puts carpet in a dining room/area. Of course I wanted wood flooring in our last house instead of carpet and now that we have it...I prefer the carpet, go figure. Of course I don't have little ones but now I do have a almost 4 yr old & a 9 year-old coming over and they are messy. Wood floors are a pain to keep clean!

FRANCIE...I always miss CA...lived there most of my life so for me it is home so I know how you are feeling about missing AZ. How many more days until Fonzo gets home? Yeah, it was/is the Slim Quick commercials...just saw a big aisle of that at Wal-Mart this morning and it reminded me of it and I laughed...love those commercials.

Hiya to everyone else, JULES, KATY, SASSY, TAMMY, CLARA and, and, and...always feel like I am missing someone.

Nothing much going on today...another hot one here in Oz. Went and bought groceries this morning after my exercise. I feel so sleepy now...might take a 15 minute nap after Jeopardy. Getting a load of laundry done right now and that's about it for my day.

Still working on book #3 for the month...sad. Just been too busy to get much reading done and when I have time I can't stay awake long enough to get more than a Chapter done. But I am going to really try to get the majority of this book done and read at least one more before the month is over.

Take care and have a great day ladies!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #69  

well, the owner wasn't in today, so hopefully they can talk to him either tomorrow or on Monday about it.

Sue~ I am going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this time.......and I am sending you some (((((((((((((sue)))))))))))))))))) too
Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #70  
kitty Momo

I feel fat, I ate too much today. Ugh. I am just sitting here trying to wait until the "fullness" passes.
I ate some honey wheat pretzels w/ mustard and I had too much chicken stew. The ex seems to be making that dish a lot this week. It is good and I do focus on the carrots, celery and chicken. I avoid the potatoes, but I still feel like I overate.
I don't know why I did that, boredom?? Anxiety?? And what is the difference between anxiety & depression?

anyway -

Cristina - haha, on Dollar General. We don't have that back here in the west, I remember going in a DG when I was in Arkansas. I wouldn't mind living back there or at least visiting again. I think Gaby's favorite toy at 4 yrs was her tricycle. It was hard to get her interested in dolls, she has always loved her animals. Becky still wants to see Get Smart, w/ the weather in the 90's this weekend movies might be a cool activity!
I check my bulk box more often. When I dated McD his emails from work would go in there and he always thought I was ignoring him. lol
What are you reading?? I am not reading anything, I might just go and get Certain Girls, to get lost in over the weekend.
You are a wonderful Nana!! I am sure Cambrie will love all the gifts.

Mindee- How was your afternoon???

Francie - Did a sailor come in?

hi to everyone. I think I will go lay on the couch and pretend I am 3 months pregnant, that is how bloated I feel. lol

Night

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-26-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #71  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

So how does this work? I have been walking 5 miles everyday. Its so much fun.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #72  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Susan~I used to watch a lot of things I didnt want my mom to know about, lol. That the great thing about the last button the remote. If I heard her coming..I'd flip it back to like MTV or something that wouldnt get me in trouble, lol.

Cristina~I love the Slim Quick commericals too. It almost makes me wanna try them out, lol. I cant really say when Fonzo will be home on here, cuz its public..and I cant talk about ship's movement. But if you wanna know..just PM me.

Sue~Many many many :hugs: for you!!!!

Anyways..sorry if been MIA for the whole day. I've just been sitting on the couch watching tv for most of today, lol. My stuff from Torrid came in. The shirt is pretty cute..and the shoes.. Well..I love the shoes, they're espadrilles. The only problem is. They're a little bit bigger than I thought. If I wear them, I'll be 3 inches taller than Fonzo. So I think I'll save them to wear another time..and wear the other wedges that I have. I did wear the espadrilles around the house for awhile, lol. I just love them so much.

Anyways..I'm starving, so I'm gonna have some cereal for dinner, lol.

TTYL!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 06-26-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #73  

I took the boys to the pool while Tommy stayed here with Marissa since she was sleeping.

they got to play in the water for maybe about ten minutes when I noticed some dark clouds rolling in...and quickly! I managed to get them out of the pool with promises of going back there tomorrow.

and when I was getting them to the gate, it started to sprinkle. by the time I got to the curb close to our apartment, the wind was trying to blow me backwards! and no sooner did we get inside, it started to down pour!

we passed on taking them to fireworks tonight since none of them took a nap, but we will take them to the fireworks tomorrow night.....weather permitting that is!

I am waiting to hear what the owner says, and if it isn't in favor of fixing the floor, then I will tell him that if one of us gets injured because of his negligence, then I will have my lawyer bring him our hospital bills.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:52 AM   #74  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Here I am!!! The LOST Member!!! lol.

Francie -- Found this for ya, not sure if you already have it or even want it.......

Hey Ya'all!

Sorry I've been MIA but I've been working and this week was my LONG week (46 hrs) so basically all I did was get up, go to work, come home, sleep, and do that all week long until now that I'm finally OFF for 3 days!!! Next week is my short week (TG!!!) So that will be nice. It was SO HOT and MUGGY yesterday UGH!!!! I felt so ICKY when I came home from work and all I do is sit in an air conditioned office and I was just ICK! So came home jumped in the shower, watched some Lucy and went to sleep!!!

Anywho..........here I am. I plan on tackling the bathroom this weekend and the bedroom. Those are my two "focal points" this weekend. I have decided to have "focal points" on my nights off and it has so far, been working! Last weekend I got ALL my laundry put away (and there was A LOT) and got the kitchen cleaned up. So now its on to the bathroom and the budwaw (bedroom lol)............Then I suppose next weekend will be *horror flick music* the office!!! I have tried and tried to get DH to get in there but its a no go. He did pick up the apt and kept up on the dishes and did vacuum on his days off, so at least he did do some cleaning!

Oh and let me just do a quick "update" on the work "situation" It is going good, so far at least!!! The woman I had an issue with actually communicated with me INSTEAD of just complaining out loud about it!!! So that my friends is progress! I guess my positive attitude IS paying off!

Oh and there is some film all over the windshield of our car and my DH's motorcycle. We figure it has to be from the apt. complex because DH has not rode his motorcycle since last week. So we don't know if its from them stripping and re-staining the decks here or if its from the landscaping people. A coworker of mine is a professional landscaper and said its a possibility of it being from their weedeaters/leaf blowers since they use a combo of gas and oil in them and there is ALWAYS grass all over my car after they come. I plan on complaining to the apt. complex manager. I just didn't feel like dealing with her yesterday morning, I was just TOO exhausted.

Anyways, that is about all for me.

Have a Great Friday!!!! I thought this was cute:

Sue -- A SUPER BIG HUG for you girl!!!! I'm glad its not melanoma but still very scary!! Email me, PM or IM me if you wanna chat!!!We are here for ya!!! We will definitely keep ya in our prayers!!!!

[/SIZE]

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 06-27-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:03 AM   #75  

sassy~ it is good to hear from you! I would definitely complain to the office manager if your car got some crud on it.
Closed Thread