Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 04:53 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Cows tipoeing thru tulips

Looks like spring is going to arrive here after all. It's sunny and warm today.

DS still has a 101 degree temp. Dr. says not to worry. I'm starting to think he needs to have blood test for mono or anemia. He's been sick most of the winter. Every time he gets over something, he catches something else.

Whatzup for the weekend cowsies?
Old 03-22-2002, 05:44 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Figures

We had 5 or 6 inches of snow the night before last, and some more last night. Our furnace has been acting up and of course it has been impossible to find someone to actually fix it ("we'll be over either tomorrow or next summer"). I've been waiting for them all week. We finally called a different company who came out yesterday and cleaned the furnace and adjusted it and it was working fine. Last night the wind started howling, it was snowing and really cold and I thought how lucky we were that the furnace was finally fixed. HA fooled me again. Wouldn't go on at all this morning--and it was getting mighty cold in here. More frantic calls, and it now seems to be fixed. Just as the guy was finishing up, the other company called and said they were sending someone over.

Anyway, you go ahead and enjoy that spring weather, Wab I'm just jealous.

This weekend I am not going to Tai Chi (classes ended), I do not have to take DD to show choir rehearsal, there are no family dinners planned and I have not a single obligation. Love it. Maybe I'll actually get out and go cross country skiing.

Kiwi
Old 03-23-2002, 04:55 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default darling cows

how is yas.WABBY!!! if ds stays sick much longer and if it's coming out the other end{poor baby} you could consider food poisoning----when dd had salmonella,they kept telling us she had the flu at the outpatient----just a thought---hope he is feeling better ,though!!!!!!KIWI ---HOW DARE IT SNOW ON OUR EARLY SPRING---AND IT'S FREEZING HERE TO BOOT,WITH HIGH WINDS!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY GARDEN THOUGHTS!!!!!
Old 03-23-2002, 11:40 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Isn't that the truth,

Bagz, sure snowed on our spring-y thoughts. I think you should just keep those greenhouse ideas nice and warm indoors so they can germinate until the real springtime shows up!

UMaine beat Harvard in hockey playoffs today (NCAA), tomorrow they play BostonU, and then hopefully off to Minnesota for the "Frozen Four". I think I'll actually watch the game tomorrow. I don't get excited about sports very often, but college hockey can do it.

Night-night
Kiwi
Old 03-24-2002, 01:59 AM   #5  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello! Bagzzie came and found me... see, everytime I visit (usually at this unGodly hour of the morning), they're usually doing maintenance, so I forget to come back. Shame on me!

I'm still fat. I haven't had a taste of sugar since the day before Ash Wednesday and I"M STILL FAT! I'm quite outraged by this.

However, I'm enjoying the spring weather we are having on and off here. I've spent several afternoons skating. Wish I could do that every day.

Happy Birthday to Bagzzie and Peachie!

Hope the sick kids get better, the traveling kids get home safely, and the performing kids break a leg!!

Ciao!
Cherry

Last edited by Cherry Cow; 03-24-2002 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:45 PM   #6  

Default Tee-hee

It's sunny and warm again today and the forecast for the week is for more of the same. I hate to boast to you frozen cows, but I'm just lovin' it! You're all invited to visit.

My bil just went home today - whew! Houseguests are tiring.

DS is much better today. Just very tired out. I'm sending him to the Dr. anyway. I want them to check his blood and see if he is anemic or has some other thing thats causing him to pick up every little bug.

I have nothing to say except that I've been a good girl for 4 weeks now. I walked this morning. So there.
Old 03-25-2002, 03:13 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Yes indeed

You are a good girl. I'm a bad girl. My punishment is 6 more months of winter.

Had a boring do-nothing weekend. Watched the Oscars. Managed to stay up until 3 am watching blather about them. I'm a twit.

Must be Monday.

Kiwi
Old 03-26-2002, 12:40 PM   #8  

Default Be nice to yerself

Kiwi, you aren't allowed to call yourself names. Unless they're nice names.

I just decided this morning that I'm going to take the rest of the week off work. It's sunny out, my yards a mess and I'm going stir-crazy. I've got to get outta here.

I miss my comfort food. Waaaahhhhh.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:24 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Talking ho hum

Hi cows. Nothing much to say. Kids have 3 weeks Easter holidays. I can sleep in if they'll let me. I love finding Sugar Smacks ground into the kitchen floor every morning.

Pssst! Don't forget what day tomorrow (Thurs) is. Hint: not only is it Peaches day off, it's also her.................

Good for you for taking some time off, Wabby. I bet you can work off a ton of calories in the garden. Then you can come do mine.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:07 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Cool dang thing

Keeps making me log in over and over. That's what I get for updating my Internet Explorer. I fall for that every time. "Hey! You don't have the latest version of Internet Explorer! Download it now or you will burst into flames!"

Well, taking the week off sounds like a plan, Wabster. Get outside and enjoy it! Think of me slogging through 8 more inches of snow and sleet today!

On the other hand, I don't know about 3 weeks of school vacation in a row, Sugar. Is the weather good at least?

I'm going to Boston on Friday, for the weekend. I have to come up with an outfit to wear to "Aida" (in case you missed it, the musical play, not the opera). Since it's not the opera, I don't think it has to be extra fancy. I don't feel like trying on dresses that don't fit me, so I'm thinking black silk pants, nice cream blouse, and a jacket, maybe red. I'd better make sure the pants fit me. Damn. How much weight can I lose in my butt in one day?

We're also going to an Improv Comedy club. Doesn't that sound like fun? I can wear any old damn thing I please to that. Maybe I'll wear something odd and get picked to do something onstage.

tar-tar
Kiwi
Closed Thread