Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #91  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I am finally starting to feel a little better now! I'm still coughing, but it's getting less and less too. Today I'm taking an all day paper piecing class that I have been waiting for almost two years for, so I'm really glad that I feel well enough to go. (I would probably still go, even if I wasn't really up to it though. ) The instructor is nationaly known (in the quilting world) and had several books out on the subject, so I'm really hoping to learn a lot today!

I wish you all had started talking about geocashing a little sooner and I would have thought about getting Tim one for his birthday (it was yesterday). I think it is something that we both would enjoy as we already do quite a bit of hiking and such now.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #92  
Losing it!

Have fun at the class Suzy!~ You deserve a fun day!

Cold here today, feels like fall!

The funeral home just called. Little Jo passed away and the family wants me to do her hair. I know I should be honored the family wants me to style it, but I dread going....it isn't so bad if it is a regular client, but it is very difficult when it is someone your close to.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #93  
Losing it...again!

My sympathies Gayle. I know it will be hard, but it's important that Jo look nice for this last gathering and you know exactly how she liked her hair. God bless you for doing that job!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #94  

Oh, Gayle! I am so sorry. I agree with Suzy.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #95  

Gayle I pray that you have strength to do it for Jo. If it is to hard to do it see if you can get someone else. You can decline my dear.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:47 AM   #96  

It has been raining, raining, raining here
Old 07-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #97  

Shelley we have had more than our share of rain spring and summer. It is suppose to rain here this afternoon. I am sure that you must get torential rains and lots of humidity.

Suzy how are you feeling today/ I hope that you will be back to normal soon.

Gayle when is Jo's funeral? How are you doing?
Yesterday we went out Geocaching and found 5 caches and one of them was in two parts. We went to one park to find the hint then ended up at another park that we walked to that was about 1 1/2 miles away. There were two interesting places the caches were found. One was in an official cement box for the city of winnipeg water works. We had to go back twice because we thought this box was really. Then the other was in a black hose with a big nut on the end stuck beside a lamp post. It looked like it was for wiring. It was lots of fun.

Janice you still away on holidays. Yoohoo we are still here. I hope that the weather has been good to you. It can be pretty cold here some days. Yesterday was beautiful though.

Cheryl is the little one doing something new? I bet he is growing so fast.
Are you back on track?

So how is everyone doing on the scale? Do we all need a bit of encouraging?

Gee it is pretty weird sitting here in the sunroom...it faces the street and I can see cars driving down. Well this one car has slowed down to a snails pace and looked over to our yard, now it has come back frothe other direction and is slowing down again. Haha I think that they are looking at the trailer. Yesterday Larry was sitting here when someone else did the same thing. It is strange how much attention it attracks. When we are camping there are so many people that stop and ask us if they can look at it.

Well I hope that none of you struggle with your food choices today.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #98  
Losing it!

Cool

Thanks for the support girls, I did ok. I dread going to the funeral home to style hair, but after I'm there, I'm ok. I know their soul is in Heaven and the body is just a shell of their former self. Jo looked so peaceful, there is no way I could wish her back to endure all of the suffering she was going through. I went today again after she was fully prepared, they did an amazing job. She looked better then I had ever seen her. They said the family was very happy with how well she looked. I decided to not go to the vigil tonight, but will go to the funeral in the morning.

Dee, is Larry ready to start hiding the caches? Steve & I have already tossed around some ideas. We found a really cool one here in our town, we wouldn't be able to do anything like it here, but you guys could maybe do something similar if no one else has thought of it. Larry probably knows several business owners which would make this cache a great home if they would allow it. It was at a business and it was a small air conditioning unit placed next to the large business air conditioning unit. Just glancing, it looked like both were in use. After investigating the smaller one wasn't hooked up and had a GEO-AIR label on the side :-) If you lifted the top section off with the fan, they had a metal trash can holding all of the goodies placed inside. Steve is out of town tonight and already called to report he went geohunting. I think he is addicted now. :-)

Suzy, how are you feeling? Did you make it to the class????
Old 07-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #99  

Gayle that is really cool, I like the idea. We have been tossing the idea around but haven't committed to anything yet. I think that is a good one though. Go Steve Go!

I just got off the phone from talking to my Uncle Albert. Tears are streaming down my cheeks. Albert was Sally"s husband. We talked for 112 minutes. We laughed about it and said he did just about as good as Sally and I. It is so hard. I miss her so much. I can't even imagine what he is going through. Albert said Buenos Noches and I love you before he hung up. Now you have to know Albert, he shows feeling but doesn't say it very often. Sally said that he only told her a handful of times. They were the closest I have ever seen anyone and more in love than you can imagine but he just couldn't say it. That is why I am flabergasted and honored that he said he loved me. Even his boys have only heard him say this once. Ahh my dear uncle.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #100  
Losing it!

Dee, that is a memory you will hold in your heart forever. I knew my father loved me dearly by his actions, but he never was comfortable saying the words. I was just young enough to think everyone lived forever, so I never said them either. The one thing I regret with all of my heart is never telling my dad I loved him before he died. I just assumed he knew. Years later after I had Steve's dad in my life, he was much like my father, never spoke the words but showed he loved you. The day before he passed, I went into the ICU and told him I loved him, he was gasping for oxygen, but was able to say "I love you too", I will never forget the vision of him saying it or also the relief of being able to say it to him. At that instant we truly touched each others heart. Steve & I are the opposite of our parents, we say I love you several times a day and tell our kids we love them every time we talk to them if they are on the phone or leaving. I now tell my mom I love her every time I leave her or hang up the phone. We did off and on until she had her heart attack, now we are consistant in saying those three little words that mean so much.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #101  
Losing it!

I just came from the saddest funeral ever. The lady was 93, so most of her friends would be deceased or unable to attend. There were just a handful of people there and her one daughter and son in law. Her daughter that was there, never had children and the other two daughters with kids are estranged from their mother. They were notified, but chose not to be there. How sad... only two family members there... the funeral precession amounted to 5 cars. They had a family falling out when the dad passed 20 some years ago and the girls had never made peace with their mom.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #102  
Janice

Good Morning Ladies,
I am just catching up with the posts. My heart goes out to you Dee and Gayle. Life hurts so much sometimes.
Suzy - hope you are feeling better. I am getting better everyday. I haven't done much on my vacation, its just nice to not have to go to work feeling crummy.
Cheryl - give Stewart a kick in the butt, he needs to support you trying to get fit. Jake needs daddy time too. (MEN!!!!!)
Old 07-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #103  
Losing it...again!

I am finally starting to feel human again! I'm still coughing, but it's getting better too. I did make it to the class and had a wonderful time...I was a pooped chick by the end of the day though!
Tomorrow we find out if grandbaby #4 is a boy or a girl and Monday we will hopefully find out about grandbaby #5, so an exciting few days coming up here!
Next Thursday I'm spending a few days at a quilt show and shopping in Lancaster with 5 friends...a girls only trip! I'm really looking forward to that! Then the week after that we are heading to NC to see Travis and DIL. I don't think I have to tell you how excited I am about that!

I'm glad that you are feeling better Janice. It stinks that you spent your vacation sick, but like you said...at least you didn't have to do to work while you were feeling so awful!

Dee ~ I'm glad that you had such a nice phone visit with your uncle. I've never been one to say "I love you" much either. To me it's something that loses its meaning if it is used too much. I would much rather say it or hear it when it really matters. It sounds like your uncle is the same way.

Gayle ~ It sounds like you have created a geocashing monster in Steve!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #104  

Gayle poor little Jo. I feel for her kids that didn't come to the funeral. I bet they are carrying around some guilt.
You sure are right about the visit with Albert being a very special memory.

sorry got to go!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #105  

Janice! Good to "see" you!!

Suzy, I'm so glad you're feeling better these days! How excited you must be to have not one but TWO grandbabies coming alone! Stewart and I haven't been doing anything to prevent making another baby, but we haven't been blessed yet Guess I'll just have to keep trying!

I'm still getting up early, still not walking. I've decided it doesn't really matter that much to me right now. I appreciate the time I get to spend with Jake when he first wakes up--he's a happy baby most of the time, but he's extra happy and "talkative" in the mornings

Gayle, I've been to funerals like that--so sad.

Dee, hang in there!

Shelley, send some of that rain my way, please!
Closed Thread