Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 07:00 PM   #16  

Default At yer service

Bagz, go to www.superseeds.com and then go to their everlastings seeds. They have nigella hispanica. They don't show a picture, though. Is this a must have? Do I need them too? I have the regular nigella sprouting all over the place. I love them. Does your greenhouse have automatic vent openers and will it be wired and plumbed? If so, I will be duly jealous. I have a small fiberglass type greenhouse, but DH has never wired or plumbed it so I don't use it much - it gets too hot and cooks everything. I use it mostly for a potting area and to store my fuschias in the winter. I don't have any seeds started yet. I bought really cool coleus seeds and a whole slew of others, but I think I may be in a slightly depressed slump. I can't seem to motivate myself to get growing.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:14 PM   #17  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default I was wondering also

will the greenhouse be plumbed and wired? If so, I assume I may come visit and stay in it.

I am getting basketcaseitis already. Someone help me. Sugar could take the boys and go watch ds as he tours the temple of Zeus. I think she's too selfish though.

144 this morning. I am trying to eat less and it's giving me a headache.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:59 PM   #18  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Okay, I'll bite

Why are you a basket case, Peaches? Because your darlings are toddling off to parts afar? I guess that would do it.

Oh, just to be competitive, Sugar, my Greek ex-boyfriend is better than your Greek ex-boyfriend. Well, actually it might be a toss-up -- mine never took me to Greece, although he goes frequently. But he and his parents are all very nice and not boneheads. Although I did almost die from eating some scary traditional Greek Easter soup at their house. Turns out I'm allergic to lamb intestines, who'd have thought? Okay, I didn't really almost die, but my eyes swelled up like baseballs and it was very humiliating, so same thing.

I am a basket case today, too, Peaches -- I always have a case of nerves when DD is performing on stage. Mainly because I would have serious stage fright if I were her. Lucky for her, I am not her -- she takes it pretty much in stride. We'll see how she does tonight for her talent show debut (and guitar playing debut, too), but I'm sure she'll be in better shape than me. I think I'll go into town to get her some flowers -- I asked DH to do it and he did that "I'm too stupid to handle this" routine, so I guess it's up to me.

All these plantings and green house plans etc. sound lovely. Too bad I'm a total black thumb. I have 2 houseplants. I used to have 3 but one outgrew its pot and I let it languish on the counter.

Later s
Kiwi
Old 03-20-2002, 04:55 PM   #19  
fatter than U

Talking Selfish? Me??

I've been packed since Tuesday, Peachy!! Just tell them to pick me up on their way over.

MY Greek boyfriend's parents sent him all the way from Greece to British Columbia to get a university education so he spent his time drinking cappucino and pretending to learn physics. Every time he got a headache he would say it was the "evil eye" and call his granny in Athens. Wierd, wierd guy. Not like Stevie (whose wife is so pregnant that she's about to burst, poor thing - I saw a picture. She looks normal - just like us 'cept she has an excuse for being FAT! )

Trying to find a cheap (as in inexpensive ) hotel in Berlin so dh and I can go on a romantic long weekend. There are no cheap hotels in Berlin. Guess we'll have to stay home.

Last edited by SugP; 03-20-2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:22 AM   #20  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default kiwi is right

that's the exact reason I'm a basket case and worse, I can't talk about it and scare the tourists.

Sugar, don't you have Motel 6 there? Are you planning on going to a 350 year old musty place with bathrooms down the hall?

I am so bored. Bored basket case. Yawn.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #21  

Default I figured it out

At the rate I'm going it will cost me $333.25 to lose 20 lbs, and it will take 3 1/2 months. I will be gorgeous for the 4th of July. Why don't you all join me? I'll only charge you $300.00 each.

Peach, I'd be a wreck sending my DS off to foreign lands. I was a wreck when I let him go on a road trip with his Grandpa to Arizona. If you knew how Grandpa drives you'd understand. We call him Mr. Magoo.

DS is a very sick boy. Tuesday his temp was over 104, so I ended up taking him into emergency, where they made him sit in the waiting area while he p*ked his innards out, then they finally took him and poked and prodded him, gave him an iv of fluids and anti-nausea stuff, filled our pockets with antibiotics and sent us home. His temp is finally down below 102 this morning.

DH's half brother is visiting us this week. We picked him up at the airport yesterday. He'd over indulged on the flight from Texas, and was pretty much stumblin' drunk. He's 56 and hasn't worked for 20 years because he has a wife who is a bigwig for Dell computers and supports him in the style to which we'd all like to be accustomed. He's good hearted, but pretty obnoxious, which I forgive him for because he always tells me what a lovely woman I am. Of course he's usually drunk when he says it.

Sugar, how about a darling little bed and breakfast?

Kiwi, did DD get all this theatrical ability from her mom?
Old 03-22-2002, 01:00 AM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Default We'll never know...

where DD got her performing ability. Since I would be so terrified to do some of the things she's doing, I would never have even tried them. However, I did play a pretty mean classical piano (complete with stage fright). Also I've been known occasionally when properly egged on or forced, to don a silly costume and put on an outrageous skit. You just never know. DH claims that he used to enjoy getting up and performing. He bases this on the one time that he emcee-d a talent show in high school.

Hope DS doesn't have anything serious, Wabbit. All you need is a sick kid and a drunk houseguest, I'm sure. Sure, I'll lose weight with you. Let's see, $300 -- that's about $7/pound, that's pretty steep. Do you have a money-back guarantee?

I just watched the most interesting movie -- Period of Adjustment. It was sort of a comedy, although it was actually a serious psychological treatment of marriage. Had Jane Fonda and Tony Francioso in it. Black/white, made in early 60s. Jane Fonda was awesome. It was about a newly married couple who go to visit an old army buddy who's having marital problems.

Well, I dished out meals this morning for Meals on Wheels, and came home smelling like turkey and gravy. The dog kept smelling me and licking my arm. Good thing she has good bite inhibition...

I know the feeling, Peaches, but I'm sure they will be fine and have loads of fun and lots of good stories about being frisked in airports. When I was 16, I went on a high school trip to Europe and at that time they were doing high security for overseas flights because of hijackings and so on. I got my first frisking. Creepy.

Kiwi
Closed Thread