Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #61  
kitty Momo

Isn't that rather cheerful?? I was watching Today Show this morning and they had 10 foods that flatten your stomache. Gaby only let me watch a few - watermelon, popcorn.....I guess those 2 are the only ones that I can remember, did anyone else watch it??
I think my days of drinking coffee are coming to an end, the last few days I have been having horrible heartburn after I drink my grande. I was thinking it was tension but it is the coffee.
*sigh......

k- off to do some errands!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #62  
kitty Momo

pssssst, found the list!

Cucumbers
Cucumbers are loaded with water and naturally low in sodium (salt). Bonus: They’re incredibly low in calories; one whole cucumber provides only 45 calories.

Grilled veggies
Load your grill with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant and asparagus — you’ll fill up and be more apt to pass on the heavier sides like macaroni and potato salad. For an easy, low-cal prep, spray your veggies with nonstick cooking oil and lightly toss with preferred seasonings.

Frozen red/purple grapes
At only 80 calories per cup, frozen grapes are the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth without packing on the pounds. Plus, the red and purple varieties are brimming with antioxidants.

Watermelon
Loaded with water (which help fills you up, and flushes out extra water and salt), this vitamin C-rich summer fruit provides only 80 calories per cup or wedge.

Banana
For about 105 calories, bananas provide a hearty dose of potassium, which helps rid your body of extra sodium.

‘Nude’ air-popped popcorn
The perfect guilt-free munch food at only 30 calories and two grams of fiber per popped cup. But be sure to pass on the salt — use salt substitute if you need an alternative.

Nonfat, flavored yogurt
Gas is a common cause of a bloated belly, but adding one cup of yogurt a day to your diet can help keep your digestive system working efficiently. Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria called probiotics that may help reduce stomach bloating and gas.

Egg whites
One egg white provides only 17 calories and four grams protein — prepare an egg-white omelet for breakfast and you’ve got 12 grams of protein for less than 60 calories! What’s more, studies show that people who eat a protein-rich breakfast every day are better able to maintain a healthy weight, and healthy weight can mean a flatter stomach. By starting your day off right, you’re less likely to feel starved by lunchtime and may actually consume fewer calories throughout the day.

Unsweetened iced tea and coffee
Calorie free and full of antioxidants, these refreshing, cool beverages fill you up and help flush out extra sodium. Add a shot of natural sweetness to cold tea by slicing in fresh fruit and refrigerating overnight. And stick with skim, one percent reduced-fat or soy milk for the coffee.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #63  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Susan~I couldnt stand Sean. Ugh, he was fugly. And I disliked him even more when they showed him at home. I cant stand mama's boys!!!!!!!! I sorta felt bad for Twilly at the end, lol. Why does DeAnna always repeat the same things over and over? She must not have much else to say.

Anyways..I had a sucky time shopping. I couldnt find anything for Fonzo!!!! I couldnt find shoes, I couldnt find the candy I wanted. And I couldnt find effin milk!!!!!!!!! I did however buy these super cute flip flops, a Navy baseball shirt (I look hot in it, lol) and these cute Navy short, and some Bath & Body works hand soap. I also FINALLY got my Subway!!!!!!! I was so happy..but then the chick totally ignored me. I told her 50 times that I wanted my meatball sub toasted and she just kept helping everyone else around me. So then the manager came out to help and finally did it herself. Stupid subway bimbo.

Anyways..back to eating and waiting for Fonzo to wake his sleepy butt up to call me, lol.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #64  
I was born this way hey!

Mmmm..I love frozen grapes!!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #65  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies, and Happy Tuesday!

I have to agree with the others and say...took me a little bit to find this place. Forgot about the changes and I was lost, lol. Looking all over the place.

SUSAN...I did catch the today show...do most mornings for the first 1-2 hours. I wake up to it. The list are all foods I like so very doable to me. I even made a list for the grocery when I go this week. Thanks again for all the cute graphics...love them all! I called Cambrie the rat girl...she was being very bratty! Good job on the 3 miles!

FRANCIE...I pm'ed you my address, hope you got it before heading to town, lol. Can't wait for it! I've not see JCS in a while. Are you still on the Twilight series? Hey, are you still doing the challenge on GoodReads? Glad you finally got your Subway...it's sounding good to me now, lol. I've not had one of their meatball subs, sounds really good right now!

KATY...hoping you guys are enjoying your trip!

SASSY...glad you had a good day/night at work!

JULES...glad you finally found us! Hope you get thru that mountain of work!

CLARA...sorry to hear about your foot but glad you and DD had fun at the wedding. You are one busy lady with all the exercise! Hoping your foot feels better. I was just calling my granddaughter rat girl...she was being bratty. I must say though it's weird saying granddaughter. My son married a girl with two children making me an instant Nana.

MINDEE...hoping all is well with you and the fam.

Everything is back to normal...normal for me. Not sure there is such a thing as normal. Rat girl/baby girl/granddaughter is back home driving her momma nuts, lol. Of course Chase comes over Friday...he's not so bad. Just I don't know what to do with a nine-year-old boy. It's a little different with girls I think. Charlotte changed the schedule so it means he won't get to do much of anything because we have had a yard sale planned for a couple of weeks now. Maybe I'll take him to the Zoo on Sunday. Anyway, the neighborhood is having a sale...last year not many people did it so we will see how many do this year.

Got my exercise/walk in. Have 10 minutes of weights to do and that's it for the day. Have a load of laundry to get done and I am hoping to get some reading in this evening.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Lots of hugs
Old 06-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #66  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here while the hellions, I mean kids are behaving for the second!

SuzieQ~ I don't really feel that out of routine, except that I haven't gotten my work out dvd done since Brandon got out of school. But I need to get back into the habit of doing it again.......so I need to work on that one big time!

I am with SuzieQ~ my days with my form of coffee are coming to an end......I am getting bored with pop again. And I have been looking for other things to drink, but I will get back to drinking my water again as well!

I will have to write that list down for future reference!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #67  
kitty Momo

I think your avatar is way intense Cristina. I just want to sit here and stare at it. It is probably hypnotizing us ...."don't walk, don't walk......let Cristina kick your a$$".....haha....I think I am warped.

I bought me some pepto bismol, my pain is horrid, I can't even walk,,,,,and I feel so, so bad about that.
See if it helps, otherwise I might just go lay dawn and read. Every time the kids argue the pain increases and when I got my mail I almost died because I had another phone bill w/ collect calls on it!
We did this last month at $128 ((from Racel's BF callin collect from pay phones))and this month was $188. I told Qwest last month to block collect calls and they didn't so they waived the $188, thank goodness. And I made a mistake on my state taxes so instead of getting back $197 , I owe $129. Not bad....I guess, just stressful.

So ,needless to say we have not made the zoo today, maybe Thursday when the weather gets better.

Francie - I thought Sean looked cute sitting in his little sauna. When he said he called his mom 3 times a day though I said Bye bye......ick. Someone forgot to cut the umbilical cord, no wonder he only lives the street over, the cord only went that far. lmao....

Cristina - I don't know what to do w/ a 9 year old boy - they like those game things. My nephew is doing that all day long and he is 11. I am not going to walk today, maybe tomorrow. You are always inspiring w/ your exercise routine! I was watching Today to see Kathie Lee but never do.....where is she??

Mindee - I am all out of sorts w/ kids 24/7. I so could not be a SAHM, bless you -lol

k- I haven't even eaten today because of the pain. *wah, *wah.....I think I will go rest and see if the pepto bismol works.

bbl

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-18-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #68  

SuzieQ~ I hope your pain has gone away!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Frozen grapes?!?! I've never had them! But you can best be sure that I will be sticking some in my freezer the next time I make a trip the grocery store..yum!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #70  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hola on my way into work -- have a great night!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #71  
kitty Momo

Mango683 to our little corner ..... You are welcome to join us in our weight loss chat and we are doing a walking challenge this summer if you want to join in! on your 26 weight loss!! Ya, I think the red grapes would be great frozen.

Mindee- Thank you I feel better now.I had another dose of pepto and ate a 7% hamburger patty and some steamed veggies. The pain finally went away. I guess I will skip the coffee and see how I am tomorrow.

Sassy - wow, girl.......stay awhile!! lol Wishing you a good night at work.

k - wanted to say good night,.....did my laundry at the ex's house, took Becky some $$$ for a movie,she wanted me to actually take her but I told her I wasn't feeling good. I think I have to be in the hospital in ICU for my kids to stop asking me to taxi drive them around.

Chat tomorrow......Night Ladies!!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #72  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~So sorry, I had gone to the store when you wrote me. But I gotta go back tomorrow to get some cat food. So I'll send it out then, okay? Yes, I'm still reading the Twilight series. I'm on the 3rd book now. It took me a day and a half to read the 2nd one, it was so long, lol. Yes, I'm still doing the challenge on goodreads, are you? You actually reminded me to update it, lol. I'm only on number 39. Before the Twilight books, I hadn't read anything in awhile. I dunno why, but I couldnt find a good book to read. The new Janet Evanovich book is out I think. I didnt see it at the store today, so I might just have to order it online. Or maybe I'll just wait until Fonzo gets home so we can go to the bookstore together.

Mindee~You could always try Crystal Lite or whatever it is. Just add it to your water. I heard its good, but I've never tried it myself.

Susan~You should tell her boyfriend to invest in a phone card!!! It would save a bunch on collect calls!!! I couldnt believe Sean lived to close to his mommy, lol. I shouldnt talk though, I was a mama's girl, lol. I dunno..maybe its different for girls though. My relationship with my mom wouldnt have ever effected my relationship with guys, lol. For guys its sorta the opposite. For them, no woman can compare to their mom, LOL!! Watch me get stuck with like 5 boys, lol. And I ruin all of them for their future wives, lol.

Sassy~Have a good day at work!!!

Well..nothing much is new with me. My shoulders are killing me!!! Only 2 more weeks and Fonzo can give me a massage, lol.

I'm going to start book 3 of the Twilight series tonight. It's longer than the other 2, so I'll probably take 2 days or so to read it.

Okay well..I should go now. Moment of Truth is about to start.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #73  

I just had yet another ah-ha moment. I was watching the movie "To Be Fat Like Me" on Lifetime, and boy did it really sink in! It made me realize a lot of stuff that I just let people do to me and say to me when I was younger......and then it took high school, to pull myself up by the boot straps, and to defend myself.

It made me realize that I have to take a stand for myself, to show my kids what I want them to do with their lives, and I can't just keep telling them, I have to show them!

Mango~ Welcome to the group!

SuzieQ~ I am glad to hear that you were able to feel better. I had two cokes today, and I switched over to iced tea while I was eating dinner and after dinner.

Francie~ I actually got a Crystal Light Sample in the mail today, and I am going to drink it. A while back I got a Dexatrim H20 sample, that I will have to find. I love the Crystal Light Energy, but I just can't seem to find it when we go grocery shopping. But the next time we go and do our BIG shopping trip, I will buy a ton of it so I can make sure that I have it along with some bottled water!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #74  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hello All,

Well this morning was not a quiet morning at work and that is all I will say......

Have a Great Day!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #75  
ugggg.....

Just another quickie!!! Hubby kicked me off the internet last night after I sent Ry a myspace message!!! He needed to leave some Ebay feedback andthen was looking for some parts he needed. It should be my turn again tonight--It's hard from Thurs-Sunday with Dominic there.

Love you all!!

Mindee--I need to get back drinking my water. I am trying and I am making the switch from Coke to unsweetened tea again. I do like the Crystal Light. My fave is the peach tea. I read somewhere that you can use it in water for two of your water servings per day. The rest should be plain water.

Franice--I hope I haven't ruined my son!! We are very close...I am going into withdrawal with him not being around. You are going to have to be my DC museum buddy when you get to Annapolis!!

SuzyQ--try charcoal tablets for your tummy--they usually help. Hope you get to feeling better!!

Welcome to MANGO!!!!

Sassy--hope you had a great shift at work!!

Cristina--I have to agree with SuzyQ--your avatar is a little hypnotizing!! I am still trying to make it through "Girls Like Us" It a 500 pager--autobiographical info on Carly Simon, Carole King & Joni Mitchell. The author does go into a little TOO much detail about the who's who list of people going on around the three, but it's interesting info about the three singers.

Hi to Katy & Sue and anyone else I missed!!
Closed Thread