The January Club in June

You're on Page 1 of 31
Go to
  • take two!

Today I did Group Ride and 52 min of cardio. I am sticking to my eating plan, too. Weight this morning was 133.8!!! Do you think it's ok for 43 year olds to wear bikinis?
  • hehe my mom is 47 and looks amazing in her tiny weeny bikinis. Go for it.
  • Yeah I found it. I hope Kelly and Susie find it too. This whole crash has kind of sucked. Wardhog- thanks for starting the new thread, again! Also on the weight. I say absolutely to the bikini. If you've got it, flaunt it.

I did my 1st official, sign up, event, 5K. I wanted to be under 45 min. My time was 46.1. Man if I would have done one more jogging segment I could have made it. Oh well. That was still pretty good. Then I walked around for another 3.5 hours at the town's festival. My first day of summer vacation and I haven't stopped going all day.

Chat later. I would love to hit 215 by my birthday in a week. That is my goal.
  • Mindy, congratulations on your first 5k! Next time you will be under 45 min.

Today I did a 9 mi jog on the treadmill (1:42). Eating is on plan.

Susie, Kelly - we're over here!
  • Found ya!

Mindy--Great job on the 5K. I am so proud of you!! Did Micque come with you?

Wardhog--You better wear that bikini!!! All that hard work, you better show it off!

I have finally reached another goal!!!!! I hit 199 this morning! I am so excited I can't see straight!

Last night I was talking to my step dad and I told him I wanted to lose another 50 pounds possibly by Christmas. He told me he'd give me $100 if I did it. I know I am doing this for myself, but if someone wants to give me an incentive, I'll take it!
  • Oh my goodness Kelly.
    You did it. I settled at 216.4 today, even though I did see 215.6 for a minute. I want 215 by Friday. So happy for you.

Wardhog- Way to go. I look forward to the day when I can jog at least a mile straight. You go girl.
  • Yay, Kelly!!!

Mindy, you'll see that number, keep up the good work!

Today I did Group Power and 45 min of cardio. Eating is on plan. I did wear a 2-piece swimsuit yesterday. It's really quite conservative, a halter top and skirted bottom. My fish-belly white belly was showing, though. LOL Of course, I was constantly looking around the pool at the other women - "Am I fatter than she is?" Am I the only one who does that?
  • Hello! I'm found you all. I tried to post on Friday but the site was down and my weekend was crazy busy!

I just got done doing 30 min on the bike in the gym at work. I went 6.3 miles. I have 45 min for lunch so 30 is about all I can do. BUT I will also work out tonight, I'll walk or do the treadmill and then weights.

I had a birthday over the weekend. I made a decision that is is the last birthday I'm having where I say, next year I'll be at goal.

I have good news, I lost 1.25 lbs last week at my TOPS weigh-in. I felt that was pretty good--since we traveled the weekend before. It just goes to show that with a little planning I can do it.

Kelly: You are in ONEderland! I am making plans to change residency to that land by June 2009. Congratulations on your success. So, now you have a new challenge. 50 more lbs...you can do it!

Mindy: You did great on your 1st 5K. Look how far you have come since last Jan.

Ward: I bet you look great in that suit! and yes, who doesn't do that at the pool. I'm just proud of you for putting on a suit and going to the pool.

Ok, back to work for me. It's so good to be back online with you all. I missed everyone.
  • Hey Susie-- Glad you found us and you're back. And also My birthday is Sat. We are so close. and then there is the on the loss. We are all awesome.

Wardhog- Good for you putting on that two piece and flaunting your efforts. I can keep up with you on the whiteness, trust me. Don't you dare worry about those other women, just bask in your own beauty.

Kelly- again, great job. You have made it to a place I dream about. Hopefully I'm not too far behind you.

Today I am out in my yard battling the weeds. I have made good progress. Just taking a little break for my back. Got to keep the motivation high. You guys are all inspiring. Thanks.
  • Happy Birthday, Susie and Mindy!

Today I did Group Ride, then 52 min of cardio. Eating is on plan.
  • Just finished my workout. I did level 1&2 of BL DVD. Yea Kelly, again. We did that 3 nights in a row last week. UCK!!

We have had nothing but storms here. There has been quite a bit of damage in surrounding areas. Thank God, we're okay here. Went and spent my BL winnings (plus some) today. Got 2 pair of capris and 2 shirts, plus a little white jacket thing. I have to be done for a while. I'm thinking until I lose 15 or 20 more pounds.

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to ya tom.
  • Hi Ladies,

I had the most frustrating day at work yesterday. My outlook crashed and it took all day to fix it! It's up and running today and they are working on recovering my archieve files.

So, I didn't have a computer to post yesterday but I'm hear today. I am happy to report that even with the frustration I did not overeat to soothe myself and I went and did my workout. It really helped me to relax and believe me I was tense all day yesterday!

My workout yesterday was my Firm class, walked for 30 min and then also went to the weight room to work inner and outer thighs since we didn't hit those areas in the Firm class.

I've got my workout clothes with me for a lunch time cardio workout today and I'm meeting my workout partner after work for a walk and some upper body workout..got to do chest and back and then hamstrings as well.

Mindy: I bet you love those new clothes! and Happy Birthday. Your's is in the 14 right? Flag day.

Ward: Going to the pool today? It's good to see that you are on plan. I was hoping you would find it easy to stay on plan even with the change in your routine with the kids out of school.

Kelly: I'd love to hear from you!

Ok..back to work for me. See you all tomorrow.
  • Susie, good job dealing with the stress! Exercise is a great mood regulator - so much better than food!

Mindy, new clothes are so much fun! I am glad you have avoided the storms. I wish we could get a little of that rain here - my grass is all but dead.

Today I did Group Power and 45 min of cardio. This is my 30th straight day on my eating plan and I feel good and strong. I may not make it to the pool today, but I went yesterday and wore the two piece again. I also bought a new sexy black bikini that I have not worn yet. I think I might save it for the beach.

See you tomorrow.
  • Just got back from my walk/jog. I only did 2 miles because I had to get home to use the restroom. I hate it when that happens. I probably jogged about half, so I'm happy. Having a hard time losing anything this week. I will totally blame TOM's arrival this weekend. I so wanted to be 215 by Sat., but I don't think it will happen. Maybe after TOM rolls through.

Ward- Good for you staying on plan. I also post on another thread and so many people there are off plan alot. Nobody there is making too much progress right now. I don't understand why it is so difficult to stick to a plan. I am like you, I stick to it. Sometimes it works and other time it doesn't. Good for you. It is something to be proud of.

Susie- I really hate computers. Great to see you hitting the gym. It is nice to have someone to workout with. I already miss Kelly and it hasn't been a week yet.

Kelly- Hey you! Come on and post.
  • Hi Ladies,

Tonight is my weigh-in and I'm expecting good things at those scales. I know I've certainly worked hard this week. It makes me feel really good about myself to be in control and know that I've worked at it and achieved that part of the goal.

Yesterday I was on plan with my food and exercise. I love this time of the year because there is so much fresh fruit and veggies. With my IC I have to be careful not to have to much citris or acid but this time of year there are so many more fruit choices for me. When I'm eating these fresh fruits and veggies I imagine them bursting with vitiams and health and that is what I'm putting in my body so that I get a "healthy glow". Just a little mind thing I do.

My exericse was 30 min on the bike at work. I did the "fat burn" program and I really had a good workout with that. Then last night we walked for 30 min and then I worked chest, back, and hamstrings in the weight room.

Today I won't get a workout at lunch. One of the local hotels is having an open house and luchenon for my companies Admins. I don't know what we will have for lunch but I WILL make the best and healthiest choice I can.

Ward: Oh wow..a sexy black bikini---you go girl!

Mindy: TOM is hard, you know that whatever gain or non-loss as a result of it is only temporary so don't stress about it..just keep doing what you are doing.

I'll see you all tomorrow.