Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #46  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I did Cathe's time saver workout #2, then about 35 more minutes of Wii Fit. I unlocked the boxing, which I think I am really going to like. Eating is on plan.

My Dad came through the surgery fine. They removed 1/2 of his thyroid, and the doctor said it appears benign. They will do further testing and should have the pathology report on Monday. He's already up and around and wanting to go home, but he has to spend the night at the hospital. My Mom is there with him. I am really relieved.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #47  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Good evening. Just got in from my run/walk. I only did 2 miles tonight because it was getting late and I didn't want to get into too many bugs. I did spray up good though. I am at pretty much 15 min. miles. I signed up for the 4th of July 5K .I saw Wardhog there too. Let's go girl!!

Ward- So many videos out there to choose from. There is no excuse to get bored is there? Glad you are finding a way to get your workout in during your busy week. Hope everything turns out okay for your dad.

Susie and Kelly- What's up girls? How ya doing?
See ya tom.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #48  

Hi,

I'm not sure work is ever going to slow down. At least the days go fast. Today wasn't as hetic busy as yesterday so that was a welcome change. I don't mind busy I just don't like out-of-control. I really love my job though. The group I support is a great bunch of people and they treat me just like on of them. I work with them on projects and they hand off parts of projects that are mine to steer. It's all very interesting.

Today I did 20 min on the ellipitical, did some weight training, chest and back, and inner and outer thighs and then went for a 30 min walk. My food has been within my point range as well. I'm so happy to finally be eating like a normal person...not stuffing myself, and exercising again. I feel so much better!

Mindy: I'm really proud of you for running. I never see that in the cards for me. I have had a hystercomey and bouncing and my bladder just don't get along! That is why I stick with low-impact exercise. Tell me more about the 5K you and Ward are doing.

Ward: You have a crazy schedule too! Good for you for staying on plan and finding alternate workouts this week. I'm also glad to hear that your dad is doing well and that the diagonis sounds really good.

Kelly: Looking forward to seeing your post!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #49  

Hi,

Just wanted to check in. I'm doing well today with the food and I'm set to meet my workout partner tonight.

I'm wearing a shirt and blouse that I haven't worn in over a year because even though it fit I just looked "un-toned" in it. Well, when I put it on today I thought, hey that doesn't look to bad. So I wore it and I've gotten a lot of complimnets. Sure does make me feel good!

I hope everyone is having a good day and I look forward to your posts..good or bad..that's what this is all about, right?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #50  
Maintainer Wannabe

Mindy, way to go signing up for the 5k! I know you can better your time and have fun doing it.

Susie, congratulations on wearing your "new" clothes. Feels great, doesn't it?

Today I did Cathe's timesaver workout #3. Now I remember why I never got into these workouts. The step segments are impossible (for me). Step is not really my forte. Then I did some more Wii Fit cardio, about 30 min. It doesn't feel like enough, but it has to do. Here it is 5:30 pm and I just got out of the shower. Tomorrow is another heavily scheduled day. :sigh:

Eating is on plan. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the number on the scale this morning. 130.6. I am sure it will bounce back up, but dang! This consistency thing really works.

See you guys tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #51  
mtiger

Wink

Wardhog- Yep, I'm going to better my time in the next 5K. You will probably do 10. I know what you mean when you feel your workout just isn't enough. I worked hard tonight, at almost 10: pm. I did BL level 1&2. I am soaked. Yippee for you on the scale. First time on mine this morning it said 212.8, but then jusmped to 214.2. Yuck!! Well at least I saw 212 for a minute.

Susie- It is really nice to wear some "new" clothes and get compliments. Good for you. Hope you had fun working out with your partner. You are doing a great job sticking to your food and exercise. Keep up the good work.

Well i am beat, so I am going to sleep here real soon.

Last edited by mtiger; 06-25-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #52  
Maintainer Wannabe

Mindy, you should have just stopped after the first time you weighed. LOL Great job getting that workout in so late. Did you sleep ok after that? I am always too wound up to sleep if I work out too late. I am a terrible sleeper anyway, though.

Today I did Cathe's timesaver workout #4. It was mostly kickboxing and I enjoyed it. Worked up a great sweat, but it was only 42 min. I am really over scheduled for today (again!) so it's just going to have to do. Eating is on plan.

See you tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

I feel like an absolute heel. :-( I'm sorry I've been gone so long. I hope you all still remember me. I fell out of posting when work got crazy a couple months (or more?) back. Things have settled down for the most part, and I have more time online. But that's no excuse for abandoning you wonderful ladies! You all are doing so well!

Mindy - Congrats on the 5K! I've never done one of those, but maybe one day I'll get up the courage, especially with all the inspiration you've given me that it can be done, and done *well*, for that matter. 46 minutes is such an accomplishment. And a big 'ol congrats on getting under 215, too! I remember when I hit that plateau and found myself yo-yo-ing around 216. I can understand the frustration.

Kelly - Woohoo! You've hit the 100's! That's so amazing, and I'm sooooo happy for you. All that hard work is paying off. I can't wait to see one in front of my weight.

Susie - Your commitment to the gym at work is amazing. That's dedication, and I'm sure you'll be seeing ONEderland this time next year if you keep it up. Don't you just love putting on some old clothes that didn't flatter you and realizing that you look good in it now? That's awesome!

Wardhog - You're so close to your goal! I bet you'll look fantastic in that bikini. Definitely nothing wrong with a 40-something showing off a body that you worked so hard for. I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well. Those health scares are stressful and worrisome.

Again, I'm so sorry I've been MIA. I went through a period when my office imploded where I didn't lose a pound, and I didn't really try either. I got back on the wagon at the end of April and have kicked off those pesky pounds that were hanging on. I hope to see the 190's this coming Sunday or the next. It just depends on what my body wants to do. I'm able to wear a misses 16, now. And I can't buy tops in the plus size department anymore because they're too big. It's so thrilling to be able to choose from all the pretty ones in the misses department and just getting a large. No X in front of the L.

I went shopping for a new pair of jeans on Saturday, and I was so happy with how they fit that I sent my mother a picture of myself. She hasn't seen me since my weight loss. My entire family is overweight (my brothers are 400lb each), and none of them really have a problem with it, which is fine with me. *I* have a problem with *my* weight, which is why I'm doing something about it. Anyway, I sent her my before picture (when I was 254) and my current picture at 201. What was her response? "Your pictures look good. Just don't lose too much weight or you'll look unhealthy." I don't know why, but her comment really annoyed me. I guess it shouldn't have, but it did. It was like she doesn't really want me to lose weight, which I'm sure isn't the case. It was just the way her comment was worded. Like what I was doing is unhealthy, and she was afraid I'd get carried away. I'm still over 200, for goodness sake. I'm by no means getting carried away with this weight loss thing. To be healthy, I need to drop about 50 more pounds. Grrrr... Sorry, I just had to vent somewhere.

Anyway, I'm just so happy to see all of you still here and still going strong. I'm so proud of all of you for all the hard work and determination. And I suck because I haven't been around for so long. You can throw e-shoes at me if you want. :-)
Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #54  

Hi,

My weigh-in is tonight. I'm hoping it's going to be another good one.

Last night I did 20 min on the bike, 20 min on the elipitical then I did my weight training.

Tonight I plan on taking a 60 min Zumba class.

Focult: I remember you and it's nice to see you back and still on plan. Hope to see more of you on the board.

Ward: I love your thought on consistency it's so true!

Mindy: You have become a workout queen!

Ok. I've got to get back to work. I'll see everyone tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #55  
mtiger

Wink

Foucault- I am so happy to see you. It was sad when you went missing. And you have been doing good too. You are so close to Onderland yourself. You must be over the moon with excitement. Sorry about your mom's comment. My sister has been kind of the same way. She has made some comments that weren't very supportive. I think she is jealous that I'm doing doing it and she isn't. I hope you stick around and start posting again. It was funny becuse I thought of you today when I was organizing and taking care of some books. I remembered you had some of the same interests. Well once again, glad you're back. You and I are wearing about the same sizes too. Cool, isn't it?

Wardhog- Yep, that is one of my problems: my obsession with the scale. I don't even know how many times I get on a day. I just can't stop. Of course I am stuck at 214 something and that is frustrating me. I know I just need to be patient. I'm trying.

Susie- Good luck on the weigh-in. I just know you will lose something. You have really been on point lately. Let us know the good news ASAP!

Kelly- What's up? Apparently not much, because you haven't posted. I'll see you tom. for lunch.

What to do tonight for my workout. It's hot and I'm tired and nothing sounds good. Maybe I'll just do some weights adn a little walking. I haven't done that in a while. Maybe shaking things up a bit will help. At least I can do that inside, in the air conditioning.

See ya all tom.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Talking

I have not disappeared--I have started an online class that is 5 times the pace of a normal college class, and it is really kicking my butt. I am trying really hard to stay on plan with eating. Most days I do OK. Since beginning the class I have thrown exercise out the window. This class is eating up ALL my time I had set aside for working out. So, my new plan is to reduce my calorie intake by 100 calories a day since I am not working out for a few weeks. Hopefully I won't gain weight.

Foucault--So glad to see you back! You are doing awesome!!!

Mindy--You are rockin! You are going to hit the ones super quickly!

Susie--Awesome job last week on the 4 pounds! You have been working so hard--you totally deserve it!

Wardhog--I am so envious of your 130 pounds. I must have weighed that in like 6th grade

I'll keep reading on everyone's successes and defeats, and post when I can!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #57  
Maintainer Wannabe

Foucault, I am so glad that you checked in and that you are doing well. I hope you will be a regular poster here again. I missed you!

Susie, I hope you had a good weigh-in. You have been working hard.

Mindy, shaking things up is good; it keeps your body guessing.

Kelly, I am sorry your class is taking so much time. I know you will miss your exercise. Good job staying on plan with your eating. I read somewhere that for weight loss, 70% is diet and 30% is exercise.

My son didn't have camp today, so I was able to get back to the gym. yay! The group fitness director asked me if I would like to start teaching spin classes. I am not sure about it - I am really pretty shy and it's also a big time commitment. Still, it's nice to be asked. Anyway, I did Group Power and 30 min elliptical. Eating is on plan. I weighed in at 130.8 this morning, so I am closing in on my goal.

See y'all tomorrow!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #58  

Hi,

I have good news--I had a 3.5 lbs when I weighed in last night..
I was so happy! and I'm hard back at it for this upcoming Thursday's weigh-in. I just got back from the gym at the Y--did 20 min on the bike & 20 min on the elepitical machine. That will be my only workout today. I'm feeling good that I did it.

Kelly: I've done online classes and you are right..they move fast! Good idea to cut the calories back a bit since you aren't exercising as much. I know it's hard to get it in but if you can try to get in at least 20 min of cardio 3 times a week just to stay heart healthy.

Mindy: It's hard when those scales won't move. Just think that your body is trying to catch up with the weight you lost. It's absorbing the fat so that you won't have sagging skin. Once it has done enough of that you will start to loose again. That's why it's important to loose slowly so that you don't have loose skin.

Ward: How's the schedule going today?

Focult: Watching for your next post.

I've got to get back to work. I'll be around this weekend but will most likely not post until Sunday; we have a family reunion on Saturday and I'll be busy with it most of the day. I have made up my mind I will NOT overeat at this event. I'll be thinking of you guys and how you will be waiting to hear how I did---that should keep me on track.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

It's so great to talk to all you gals again. I feel like you all know what I'm going through more than anyone else since you're in the weight loss fight, too.

Susie - The 3.5 loss is great! Yay!!!! I'm like you - when I get a nice loss, it makes me want to go work out again. :-) Some people say that it makes them want to reward themselves with a tasty snack, but it pumps me up for a little big of jogging.

Mindy - I'm sorry your sister is making not-so-supportive comments to you. It's discouraging, but at the same time, it makes me want to work that much harder to reach goal. You know?

Kelly - Wow, that class must be tough. I don't think I could ever have the tenacity to stick with an online class like that. Here's hoping that you can get through it with a minimum of stress and, at the very least, a stable weight. I'm sure you can do it if you just keep an eye on your food intake.

WardHog - That's so cool that your fitness director asked if you'd like to teach a class! I understand your hesitancy about it because teaching can be nerve-wrecking if you're shy or quiet.

I've been really good about keeping up my daily walks for the last month. It's tough because the weather here is weird in July and August. It's monsoon season, so huge thunderstorms or rainstorms pop up almost every day around 6:00, which is typically when I take my walk. I've been working around the storms and driving my car to the park so I can do laps around the park. It helps because my car is within a short jog of wherever I'm at, so I don't chicken out on walking for fear of getting rained on. I've been lazy about logging my food for the last couple months, but I've been keeping track in my head since I eat the same things almost every day.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #60  
mtiger

Wink

Hey, hey. The gangs all here. Today was wierd. I went to lunch with the girls and had a chicken sandwich at Applebee's. Got home and ex-hubbie/roomie wanted to go eat. Went to Red Robin and had a bowl of soup w/bread. That was about the only thing there that wasn't a million calories. I looked online before we went. You know me. No random crazy eating. My only workout today was cleaning my horses stall, but that burned about 55o calories. I feel good about that. I was sweating up a storm.
The downer for the day: scale said 216 this morning. Why???

Kelly- I know you're busy with class, but maybe we can get together at least one day next week and do something physical. Think about it.

Wardhog- 130. Feels good to get back to the gym, I'm sure. You should try teaching the class. You would be great at it, even if you are a little shy. You would certainly be inspirational.

Susie- i just knew it. You have been so on track and working out. Good for you. How exciting. Yeppers, keep it up. I know you are pumped now.

Foucault- Good job with the walking. I have almost been caught in storms a few times. I do a 2 or 3 mile circuit that leaves me as much as 1.5 miles from home. I need to keep an eye on the weather. Keep up the good work.

Well we will see what tom. holds. URGH!!!
Closed Thread