Old 06-26-2008, 01:30 AM   #61  
loves kleenex box art

I, too, am proud of Kiwi for knowing her liquor.

AND I'm proud of teensy little Brody Wabbikins!! Mmmm, cute!
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #62  
fatter than U

What a sweeeeet baby! Makes me want another one.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #63  
loves kleenex box art

Really? Another Sugarplum? I witnessed a strange incident in the break room at work yesterday. There was just:
1. me
2. a woman I'll call Dottie who has three kids. I've heard her say she hates her son and I pictured a rebellious teenager but .. it turns out he's five and the state has taken him away from her for some reason.
3. a man I'll call Lou who who is partly Phillipino and who has just married a woman from that country and is working to get her over here.

Dottie to Lou: I heard a rumor about your wife.
Lou: What'd you hear?
Dottie: I heard she was pregnant.

None of us were sitting near any of the others. Lou picked up a plastic black knife from the deli, waved in the air and speaking in a voice like from a horror movie (loud, breaking, crazy) said, "This has got to STOP!!"

Dottie: I don't gossip. That's why I came right to you. I forget who told me.

Lou's eyes seemed to roll in his sockets and he brandished the black plastic deli knife in the air.

So ... I say I heard that Sugar may be pregnant, no knives, ok?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #64  
fatter than U

Red face

Hee. No knives, no rolling of the eyes. I'm 100% guaranteed not pregnant and if I were, DH would be MIGHTY suprised since he took measures to take care of that a few years ago. I'd be the talk of the town and more. Besides that I'm just too damn old and still recovering from the last kid I had over 12 years ago.

You have very interesting co-workers, Peachy.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #65  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

peachy---how would dottie hear such things when the woman isn't even in the country---do i have my facts ??? i would stay away from plastic knife weirdo!!!---KIWI!!!! YOU ARE VERY LUCKY THAT YOUR BABY DOESN'T DRINK MUCH--- i really feel all the children who are OF AGE drink WAY more than i would prefer---however it's pretty obvious that what i think is of little consequence-----i don't know how they afford it----i drink more in the summer----last night i had two glasses of wine on an outdoor patio----it was beautiful yesterday--even into the evening---we can only sit outside a few evenings a summer---you usually need a jacket or sweater-----it was lovely---i think i should drink more,to improve my mental health=--- I SAW WABBY'S GRANDBABYBOY ON MY EMAIL---HE IS GORRRRRRRRGEOUS!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #66  
loves kleenex box art

Guess what my email doesn't have.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:39 AM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Whaddya mean? No pictures? Why not? Gmail gets pictures.

He's lovely, Wabbit, just as cute as can be. His mom is cute too. So's his grammie. Oh yeah, you weren't in the photos. No matter, I know you're cute.

I got a forward from Schatzi the other day. It was one of those annoying ones that says if you forward it to x number of people something funny will happen on your screen. It's a lie. The only funny thing that happened was that I had to delete it from all my various email address inboxes that I forwarded it to.

Wow, Dottie really is...Dotty.

Glad you're not pregnant, Sug. I can't believe you are leaving in 2 weeks. Or less? That's the same time that we are going to drive down to NC to the beach for hot fun in the summertime. DH has no idea what he is letting himself in for.

Jet started seizuring again last night. We were trying to gradually reduce the amount of medication she's taking, but that backfired. After only a couple of days on 3/4 of the previous dose, she had 2 seizures. I'm exhausted; I couldn't sleep waiting for it to happen again. But fortunately those were the only 2 so far. Of course I put her back on the regular dose. I can't believe she's so sensitive to cutting back. And I feel a little guilty for inflicting more seizures on her. Poor puppydog. She got me back today though, when I thought it would be fun to go swimming in the lake. She wouldn't go in the water except to bark at me, wouldn't bring her toy to me to throw, wouldn't stop chasing these poor screaming birds that were trying frantically to keep her away from their babies. She was a pain in the butt, and now I don't feel so guilty anymore.

Later, gators
kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #68  
loves kleenex box art

I just don't see an email from Wabby AT ALL.

The emails I hate are mean, I think. They say "make a wish and forward this to x friends and your wish will come true. if you don't forward it, the opposite of your wish will happen." I actually got that one recently. Isn't it hateful?

Sad to hear about Jet. Is she a hunter type dog? Is that why birds are so interesting to her?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #69  
loves kleenex box art

The Darling Sugar recognized that Wabby had forgotten to send me the pictures so she forwarded them. He is soooo sweet. I just want to pick him right up and cuddle. Wabby, does he look a bit like his grandpa? That's what I thought of when I saw him.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #70  
Member w/ messiest house

Nope, she is a herding type dog. Perhaps the fact that these little birdies run around on the ground a lot as well as fly is especially attractive to Jet. Although in truth, she would try to chase birds into the air if she could. I've seen her jump up on her hind legs as high as she could when she saw a large bird flying. It really was pretty funny yesterday when we walked down near the lake where those birds started squalking like crazy and flying back and forth. I made Jet keep her distance and I watched for moment to see if I could see where they had made their nest and then I saw one fuzzy baby bird running along the waterline. That's what they were trying to protect. I guess they must have nested in the bushes near there. I wish I'd had my camera with me.

DD called home! (This is something novel this summer) She finally finished all the papers assigned by one of her classes and the pressure has eased up. She said she'd been up until 2 or 3 am for 3 nights straight trying to finish the papers which were due today. Apparently everyone in the group has been in the same boat; they have all been posting on each other's facebook pages while trying to finish their papers. The professor apparently was under the misapprehension that he was teaching graduate students. He assigned 12 papers at the beginning of the course (less than 3 weeks ago).

DD was very jealous when I told her I had been in the lake swimming. It's so hot in DC; she would like nothing better than to hop in the lake and cool off. She might not like it so much today: today it is raining and the mosquitoes are out in force.

How's that mountain boy of yours, Sugar? Has he returned yet?

I think this is brilliant

Kiwi
Old 06-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

Default blah blah blah now we're back at the top.

Boy, I hate having to hunt for our thread, so I'm bumping this up. Maybe we should start posting under a specific support group. Wouldn't that freak them out?

Oh carp. I was watching something on the DVR and paused it to make potato salad (inlaw dinner tomorrow), then I came in here to see if I could find a pool at GWU for DD to swim in, and forgot I had the TV paused. Now it seems to have run out of pausibility ( ) because I just started hearing some roaring sounds and then dialog in foreign language. I was watching a Kurdish movie. Maybe it's still on. Must go see.

kiwi
Old 06-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #72  
loves kleenex box art

I propose the 20-something group. What's the name of the movie? Is it good? Why are we up?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I was up making potato salad. At least that's my excuse

Yes, I think the 20-somethings would be the most disturbed by our incursion. Good idea. My personal favorite at the moment is the faith based support groups list, which sports a sticky note at the top telling Pagans! where they can go! for support!

It is still rainy and mosquito-ey around here and I am sick of it.

I got an email from my old bf. He's writing a memoir. I hope I'm in it, because I was pretty cute back then. And young.

Well, I have homework to do. ta

Oh yeah, the movie was something about Drunken Horses. I did miss the rest of it, when I went in there the very end was all I could see. It didn't look like a happy ending.

I wonder if they like whey there.

Kiwi
Old 06-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #74  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

this stupid Canada Day Weekend Sucks!! it's rainy and chilly and grey and borrrrrrrrrrring---i hope the Carnival Cruise comes into the market tomorrow----it's too cold to wander around town---rosie o'donnel is coming to our town with her GayFamilies Cruise----i hope she comes to the shop!!!====i bet she won't get off the boat!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #75  
loves kleenex box art

Don't be silly! If you send her an email telling her that one of your servants is gay, she'll hurry right over. that guy who paints your house .. servant, isn't he? Isn't Canada Day in October though?