Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #106  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies --

Busy weekend and busy Monday. The land of cheese is finally starting to dry out, though many rivers and lakes are still over their banks. Most of the closed roads have re-opened. And thankfully, we're supposed to have dry weather for most of this week, so hopefully the waters will start to recede.

I went shopping this past weekend and bought some SIZE 14 pants. Granted they have a "comfort fit" waistband that allows for an extra inch of give...But they are size 14 misses and they fit! I'm thrilled! Of course they needed ironing, so I had to wear my super baggy MC Hammer size 16 pants today. I just hope the size 14s fit after washing them.

Ellen - So glad to hear you're feeling better and have the all clear to work out. Please be careful though and don't overdo.

Mel - Sorry to hear that you're having lousy weather. I hope today is boring, quiet and peaceful for you.

Happy - Up at 6 am on a weekend? Who are you and what have you done with our Happy? Doing yardwork really gives such a sense of accomplishment, plus a good workout! The roses are gorgeous! I wish I could get roses to grow here....but we've had no luck as of yet. I would love to have a rose hedge like the one in your picture. Our peonies are in full bloom and our morning glories are just starting to sprout. I'm getting flowers on my tomato, cucumber and squash plants, so I'm anxiously awaiting some yummy fresh veggies! I bought tomatoes at the store, but tossed them when the salmonela scare hit. I just picked some up at the farmer's market this weekend. I've got to agree with your DH about spirea...our front walkway was lined the entire way with spirea...and I just don't like it. We ripped it out last year and put in Zonal Geraniums, which are a lovely lavender blossom and are winter hardy. Congrats on the weight loss, BTW! BTW, now that the pool is cleaned out, can we all come over for a ? Did you really just say $2/lb for apples? $3.50/lb for tomatoes is what I paid at the farmer's market. And $3 for one canteloupe. But the grapes were on sale for 99 cents/lb. And bananas were cheap at 57 cents/lb. Crazy. Of course, just as I am about to complain about the prices at our grocery store, my DMIL comes out with..."wow, what a bargain! That's so much cheaper than in California." I couldn't afford to live there anymore that's for sure. I just wish gas would get down below $4/gallon.

Shad - I wish I were there for some of your homemade bread. I have a bread machine but haven't used it in a couple years. Your DS's friend does sound interesting. Does he/she have an adam's apple? I nearly fell over laughing when you said he/she had a better figure than you! I'm all for George W. getting a suit of armor...as long as he's wearing it when he comes to take a swim in Wisconsin's flood waters. Oh my! Did I just type that?

Rennie - Pain is just awful and can really ruin your entire mood/outlook and sap your energy. I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Take good care of yourself and don't overdo. Moving a little is better than not moving....just listen to your body. That's great that your lungs are doing better. Prednisone is no fun. I've been on it for asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia. It really turns me into a real ! DH always says he should go away for a week or two while I'm on prednisone.

Nae - So you're having good luck with alli? I'd be interested in hearing if you experience any of the side effects. That's so nice that you're going to spend time with your mom and sister. Treasure every moment. I know that I'm grateful I took the time to spend with my mom and my dad before they passed. Ionizing therapy for foot care? Not sure I'm familiar with that. Happy belated b'day to your Toby Two. and a for Teeka. I couldn't believe it when I heard that the Rockies got snow in June!

I'm going to the gym tonight for cardio and weights, so I will be working out for myself and for whomever else needs it!

Well, I've got to run! Here's to a great rest of the day and a wonderful week for all of us!

Last edited by diyana; 06-16-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #107  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hidee Ho Ladies....

Well, it was a very nice weekend. Dave is very sweet, but for some reason it just wasn't clicking for me. The chemistry just isn't there. We had a great time. Went out with his sister and hubby Saturday night. I think I am in such an emotional state right now, I cannot connect with anyone. My dad yelled at me for not coming over to clean his shower, for one thing I didn't know I was supposed too. Jake came home for the weekend and slept on the couch because Dave slept in his room. Sam and I are sad he is going back to his dad's tonight. I worried I would have too much gas and have to toot or take a monumental crap and smell up the entire house. Stress. Sooooo.. I went to the doc today and she put me on Wellbutrin on top of my Cymbalta. Something should happen. I need to quit crying so much. I have had about 5 aniexty attacks in the past couple of weeks. I am a mess....see even when you lose weight and at goal, you just find something to replace your worries in. I was stressing about, "what if we did do the horizontal bop" I didn't want him to see my apron hanging down, my boobs sagging, and my butt cheeks wrinkly. I know, TMI. I was stressed about that, I guess I just couldn't get into him because of my brain on go. I am such a dingbat.

Anyway, hello to everyone, please don't think I am a lunatic, even tho I might be.

Love and hugs.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #108  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Busy day in front of me today. I have a lot of reading to do - mainly about asset management - exciting hey?? At least I understand this one somewhat more than Joint Venture or Cost Accounting!!!
They are still squawking about whether Payroll will feature and I have given up worrying about it. If I end up in Adelaide at the end of this week then fine, if not well fine too. Go with the flow maybe?

Rennie - I hope that pain goes very shortly. Not like you to let adversity get you down.

Mel - I understand your frustration with the weight loss. It is very annoying - 2 down and 3 back up. I sincerely hope Happy is keeping up with the losses because all the exercise is not doing much for me.

Happy - I was on late because the DS2 got on the computer in the spare room (my other two computers are out here in the dining room) and was chatting MSN and Yahoo instant messenger at the same time (who said men can multitask?) then he came out to get something to eat and fell asleep on the couch. Nothing new there. So when I went to bed at around 10.30 I had to turn it off and flicked around to see who was doing what.
I was thinking of teel the other day. I knew her birthday was coming up, and I should ring her to see how she is.
If you wish, I know some caves in England that we could stash George in for a while and there is an underground sea cave in the very north of Scotland that could hide him for months and months if that is what you want. Before you say yes - consider the alternatives. Speaking of England, I think our Carla is over there at the moment. She was talking of going to dig up some relatives in June. As well as Carla being over there, a friend of mine from Maryborough is also over there, she is a prison officer in a male prison - and no she is not a she/he. She has gone over to visit the daughter and grandchild. Maybe I can get her to talk to George???
On the subject of our he/she, I knew about him/her so I wasn't particularly phased when he/she appeared on the doorstep. Nice person, but basically confused. He/she has a collection of wigs - he was blond on Sunday, so next time I will have to rcognise him/her by the feet or the watch or something. I doubt he/she will look the same.
Prices are soaring all over. I notice that the price of those bread rolls are now back down to 60c - obviously people went on a bread roll strike. And I think after seeing that, we should all maybe do the same with some of the other things which are now skyhigh.

Hello Nae - nice to see you. I too am trying to grow some vegs on the back porch. I bought some tomatoes and lettuce yesterday. I'll grow them in pots because I can at least water those even if I can't water the garden.

Michelle - well done on the size 14's. You are doing so well.
Yep you typed Georges downfall. Everything can be arranged if required. I think that Henry was about the right height, but George is a lot smaller and the cod piece would have taken up an interesting position.
I was too busy trying not to laugh to figure out whether he/she had an Adams Apple. I suspect not, at least not a really noticable one or I would have been rolling on the floor No gym for me today. Tomorrow is another story.

Annie - I think that you are too emotional and stressed about things to think clearly about the relationship. Talk to the heartthrob and tell him that you are confused and want to take things slowly because you are not sure where you are with the relationship. No point in trying something and then getting upset because it fails. Better to be sure on what you want than jump right in.
As for the baggy bits of you - do you not think he may have some saggy bits as well? Life does take its toll even on men - although admittedly not quite as devastingly but then they don't have the babies. If you get the urge, turn the lights off or use candles, they are much kinder to us oldies. Drat that last sentence, now I will have MEL and Happy asking me how I know.

Along with the veg I bought yesterday, I purchased two new roses to replace the drought dead Just Joey and Princesse di Monaco. One is called Fragrant dream - salmon-orange floribunda bush rose and supposedly very fragrant and Fragrant Plum - a standard purple/ lilac monster also supposedly very fragrant. So they will need to go in the ground today as well.

And off I go to see if I can achieve some good stuff today. See ya

Last edited by Shad; 06-16-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi just popping in to say hello. I had a busy day. drove to Paragould to class. I really like this teacher. I've had him a couple of times before.

Happy
I do work for the city and since there are only 4 water treatment operators my boss thinks he doesn't have the man power to let me off. I decided to take the vacation time so I wouldn't have to take the internet course. After talking to my instructor today I've decided that I am diffinately going to go for my Enviromental Degree. It will be an Associate of Science Degree and only 60 credit hours. This is all internet classes.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 PM   #110  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
My hubby is a bit luckier lol. I don't talk to anyone when I am on the meads. I don't feel like being social, chatting or anything else. I do what I really have to do and then sit and work on a hook rug or read or watch tv. Problem is I don't take care of my old dears. I don't do all the things that I love to do but take energy.

annie
I am sorry you are having a hard time. Anxiety attacks are no fun at all. They are even harder for people to understand that don't have them. Might not help you but I know it sure helps me to sit and write myself letters. Let it all out. Go over things that are going on. Once you have done this you can let it go. It never helps to keep things with us. Baggage should be for trips not for life. Writing it down gets it out in the open. We can see it and deal with it. Sorry things weren't what you wanted with this guy. There are many people out there looking for someone. I swear I know tons of people who have met their spouses in the most unusual places.

Shad
I set limits for myself. Pain is one of the things I set limits for. If I let it get me down I would have been bed bound years ago lol. This was pretty bad but it is over as far as being bad. I am great today. Have even done my workouts lol.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:11 AM   #111  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

well

We took the tarp off the pool this evening. At some point the liner slid out from under it's supports and slid into the pool. Half the water in the pool leaked out, the liner shifted and is ruined. We are talking mega bucks to replace and repair. Last month the car, this month the pool. I don't want to see July. And given this is the height of the heat season, I'd say there's no way we'll get anyone out until the fall. Sure didn't need that kind of expense. So I'm rather bummed right now. And I have a headache. DH said we should just pave it over and turn it into a glorious flower garden. Trouble is, whatever we'd have to do to change it out would probably cost as much as a new pool. Ah well...

Annie - I'm sorry there were no sparks with Dave. But perhaps you've gained a friend instead. It's interesting what you say about the weight loss not fixing all woes. Guess we'll always find something to fret about. And we forget to remember that people like us for being US, not some telephone throwing, hungry, angry wisp of a super model that flicks on the diva button at the snap of a finger. I'd rather be the comfy slipper than the stilletto.

Good to hear you're back to snuff Shy. Hang on to those ovaries - painful or not. One day the doc will tell you - yep - they are probably all dried up and withered by now. I can't look at a dried up raisin without feeling a pang in my hipbones

Whoo hoo on the size 14s Michelle - WOWIE KAZOWIE - you should be so proud of yourself!!! 22 to 14 is quite a leap there. Flaunt it baby!

Congratulations Ceejay - I think pursuing a degree in that field is a fantastic idea. Especially considering where the world is headed. Good luck to you!

Shad - by all means show GW the caves I didn't know Carla was travelling again. I think today is Teel's birthday. For once the card may have gotten overseas on time. Tho I had to add quite a few small stamps to the card - postage has increased since the last international stamp I had. I would have sent you the roses we dug up but the food and pest arm of the government would probably frown on those things. DH is excited the spent hibiscus blooms fall right off so it's one less thing for him to do in the garden.

Oh foo - didn't realize it was so late and I didn't sleep well last night so sleep deprivation here I come. And I still have to change the sheets on the bed.

Might not get back in the morning, tah for now, sorry I couldn't get personals to all...
Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #112  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO LATE LAST NIGHT! I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE POOL THOUGH. SEEMS LIKE THIS YEAR IT'S ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER. 2008 IS TURNING OUT TO BE VERY COSTLY FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. HOPE THE SOLUTION IS NOT TOO EXPENSIVE. GROCERIES HERE ARE THE SAME. WHEN I WENT SHOPPING LAST WEEK I ASKED IF WE WERE STILL IN NEW JERSEY....THE PRICES LOOKED MORE LIKE WHAT THEY PAY IN NYC! CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THEY PAY IN NEW YORK??

MICHELLE....CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SIZE 14 PANTS!!! WAY TO GO GIRL. VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. GOOD TO HEAR YOUR AREA IS DRYING OUT. OUR RAIN HAS BEEN NOTHING COMPARED TO THOSE AREAS.

ANNIE.... SENDING A HUG FOR THE ANXIETY STUFF. I KNOW THE FEELING ALL TOO WELL. JUST DO WHAT COMES NATURALLY AND DON'T STRESS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I KNOW IT'S EASIER SAID THAN DONE. WE ALL TEND TO RUSH INTO THINGS AND I THINK YOU NEED TIME TO EASE YOURSELF BACK INTO THE LAND OF THE LIVING...NOW THE KIDS ARE GETTING LIVES OF THEIR OWN. TURTLE STEPS....GO SLOW AND ABOVE ALL BE GENTLE TO YOURSELF. I CRY ALOT TOO. I SOMETIMES THINK IT'S FROM ALL THE CRAP I HELD IN WHILE RAISING JEN ALONE. AND ANNIE...LOOK HOW MUCH YOU HAVE DONE. NOT ONLY FOR THE KIDS BUT FOR YOURSELF. YOU DESERVE A REST AND A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!

NAE...GLAD THE GOGGIES ARE DOING SO WELL. 3 YRS...WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE! NICE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR IMPENDING VISIT WITH MOM AND SIS. NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT!! HAPPY MEMORY MAKING! SNOW?? OUR WEATHER IS NUTS TOO. GOOD LUCK WITH THE "GARDEN".

CEEJAY....GOOD TO HEAR YOU LIKE THE TEACHER AND HOPE THE CLASS IS A GOOD ONE!

RENNIE....JENNIFER DID THE SAME A FEW YEARS AGO...POSTPONED An "optional" TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY. SO FAR SO GOOD BUT JUST VERY PAINFUL EVERY MONTH. GOOD LUCK!

SO SHAD.....WHAT IS THIS ABOUT DARKENED ROOMS AND CANDLES??? NOW HOW WOULD YOU KNOW AND WHO WAS IT?? OR HOW MANY WhO'S ARE THERE? ONE IN EVERY TOWN? OR ON EVERY PROJECT? SO IS THIS WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU CAN'T GO TO THE BEACHES BECAUSE OF GIANT CROCS SUNBATHING? Hmmmmmm AND HERE WE WERE FEELING SORRY FOR YOU STUCK IN TOWNS WITH NO COMPANY! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER

GETTING READY FOR FOOD SHOPPING. I REALLY NEED TO DO SOME LAUNDRY THIS WEEK. BUT WHEN I GO DOWNSTAIRS, EVERYTING GOES HAYWIRE. I SHOULD TAKE THE WASH WITH ME AND STICK IT IN THE MACHINE BEFORE ANSWERING ANYONE'S QUESTIONS! THAT'S THE PLAN FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK. THE KIDS NEW TRAILER IS COMING TODAY. HOPEFULLY THINGS GO AS PLANNED. LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER IS CLEAR TILL THE NEXT STORM FRONT ANT THAT IS NOT TILL LATE TODAY.
LAST NIGHT'S STORM WAS ANOTHER DOOZY! SATURDAY A HUGE BBQ GRILL WAS DELIVERED AS A FATHERS'S DAY GIFT. SEEMS LIKE "SANTA DAD" IS ON A ROLL
I AM WONDERING WHAT IS NEXT. I AM SURE IT IS THE SALE OF THE FAMILY HOMESTEAD AND THE DEPARTURE FOR FLORIDA WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO.
HOPE RICHIE IS PREPARING HIMSELF FOR THIS.
OK GALS...I AM ON MY WAY TO SHOPRITE.
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-17-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Ladies......

It WILL be a better day today.

Shad...thank you for the pep talk. It does help. and you are right. I absolutely love roses, especially pink ones. Aren't they hard to grow and need a lot of attention? That is what I have always heard, is it true?

Rennie...Thank you for the reminder to write things down. I used to do that, but got out of the habit.

Happy...we had an in-ground liner pool when married. It was a major PIA. In the 16 years we lived there, we had one major underground leak and then two new liners. Can you say EXPENSIVE??

Diyana...Wooowhooo! What a great NSV...size 14, you go OH GODDESS OF EXERCISE! Congrats.

MEL...the doc gave me wellbutrin to go along with my cymbalta for a while til I get out of this rut. Also a script for Xanax. I should be good to go... ;^)

Ceejay...Howdie!!

Here is to a great Tuesday and have a lovely day.

Hello to everyone.

Love and hugs.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #114  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Tuesday ladies -

I went to the gym last night for 45 minutes of treadmill and 30 minutes of circuit training. It felt so good. The exercise goddess in me is back! I won't make it to the gym tonight, but I'll be going for a walk today at lunch since tonight we're going to a baseball game - DH got tickets from his work. I'm wearing my size 14 slacks today! My numbers on the scale aren't moving as fast as I'd like them to...but it was AWESOME to shop in the Misses section and find clothes that fit. Thank you all for your support and congratulations!

Annie - I'm so sorry you felt very stressed out when Dave was there. It's so important in a relationship to be able to relax and feel comfortable and be who you are. Does Dave know about your surgery? If so, then you can gently mention the sometimes smelly side effects. I'm sure he'd understand. I also totally agree with what Shad said, take things slowly with Dave. Be honest about your feelings. He seems like a great guy who would totally understand. As for baggy bits, a woman who works at my gym lost nearly 200 lbs with bariatric surgery. She looks wonderful and says she feels great! She doesn't wear short sleeves, but she showed me the extra arm skin she has. She said her abdomen has much more extra skin. But she's chosing not to remove the excess skin as anyone who would be seeing it (as in a romantic partner) had better love her as she is, even with her excess skin and "baggy bits" as Shad calls them. BTW, Rennie's suggestion about letting out your feelings in writing has been very helpful for me too. Know that we are all here for you anytime you want to vent some anxiety.

Shad - As for George's downfall....unless we can do a George and Dick double-whammy , we might be better staying status quo until the new pres is inaugurated. Of course, DH fears that the current administration will do something horrendous like invade Iran just before the November election so that people will be to afraid to elect Obama.

CeeJay - Great decision about taking vacation time to take the course. It's a shame that your boss won't let you have the time off without using vacation time. But it's important to you to keep your license current...so YGG! I also applaud you on going for your Environmental Degree! Good for you!

Happy - I'm so sorry to hear about the pool! Sheesh, you've sure had some expensively bad luck lately. I love your analogy about the shoes...I'm totally the comfy slipper.

Well, ladies, today is an incredibly busy day with big deadlines. I'd better get to it pronto.

Here's to an enjoyable day for all of us!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #115  
Creating a Healthier Me

Patty - I hope Blackie is continuing to do well. to you and to Blackie.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #116  

Height: 5'5"

Wow you ladies posted a bunch!!! I will try to be back later to post...but for now I have to get ready for the gym...wish me luck...think I will stick to the treadmill and see how I do!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #117  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

DI
I am glad things have turned around for you. You just keep in mind how far you have come. The scale might not change as fast as you would like it but so many other things have changed. Look at the size you are wearing, look at how you enjoy to exercise. Look at the smile on your face. There are more important things than the scale.

annie
When we bought this house there was a pool. I had it taken down and we got rid of it. I thought about getting a new pool. We just put new wood floors in some of the rooms. I told the kids, " Now you know you have never been allowed to wear shoes in the house. That has always been a rule since you were born. You are to NEVER wear shoes now. I don't want my new floors all messed up. You are only going to be living at home a few more years. Those floors will last forever." I was thinking about having a pool put in. Not a huge expensive one, just one of those blow up ones about 20 by 20. What do I see yesterday? My son and his friends tromping through my house on my new floors with their shoes on. I said, THAT'S IT. You can't even take your shoes off how on earth can you take care to not mess up a pool. There will be no pool. Once again, I am the worst mother in the whole wide world lol.

Melody
If it were this painfull every month I might opt for the surgery. If I had 3 month DOTS more than once a year I still might opt lol. Generally things are fine. I am not going to let them cut me open ( he said he wouldn't say that wouldn't happen, he thought it wouldn't but it might ) when I am losing weigh so well and I am not in horrible pain every month. I don't think people eat in NYC lol. The stores seem to be less crowded in my neck of the woods. I don't think people are eating much around here either.

I knew things couldn't keep going so well lol. After ( 4 weeks ) of being on Prednisone and a couple of other meads ( 6 weeks ) the scale ( I got a new scale ) showed no weight loss but no weight gain and yet the clothes were not fitting quite the same. My last two weigh In's were at home on my new scale. I got the answer this morning. I had to go to the doc again and there it was 6 pounds gain. My new scale is 6 pounds off. I weighed myself before I went and it said 140 I did my weigh in at the docs and it said 146. I am not upset about this. I know that was not reasonable to think I was on a few meads for a few weeks with no weight gain at all. I can handle the weight gain from the meads. The meads are gone again and the weight will come back off. I have to stop back in tomorrow for some prescriptions they, of course, didn't give me. I really should check shouldn't I. So I will do another weight in then and change my ticker. I really am sorry this is going to mess up red teams weigh In's. I have come a long way. Those very same said meads put 80 pounds on me and I was at the end of my leash. I was not only not healthy physically but mentally I was a mess. Now I can just smile and know it will come back off and not let it get me down. Think I am going to stick to weigh In's every two weeks at the docs office. I am better off that way. I was ranting about how this scale was right on when I got it and now it is 6 pounds off. My son said. "It wouldn't hurt it if we tryed to weigh my boxing bag on it would it?" HEAVY SIGH. I said what did you do drop the darn thing ( has to weigh at least 400 pounds ) on the scale? He said, " Well Mom that darn thing is heavy, it took two of us to get it on the scale."
Old 06-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #118  
Annie - Indiana

Diyana....Dave does not know about the the surgery. It is kind of a hard thing to tell someone who is not aware of it all along. Well for me it is. You are right about loving me for me, baggy bits and all, it is just my head that won't stop thinking it. Thanks Michelle...
Old 06-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #119  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ellen - Best of luck on the treadmill.

Rennie - Thank you for your kind words. I have come a long way. I'm thrilled that I enjoy exercising. I also thrilled that I feel better now than I did in my 20s. And I'm ecstatic that I'm able to shop for pants in the Misses section. The number on the scale will come down eventually. As for your slight gain...6 lbs after weeks on Prednisone is not bad at all. That should come off quickly now that you are off of it.

Annie - I understand that it has to be hard to discuss the surgery. Especially if they have no idea of what you were going through before the surgery and all your thoughts/emotions leading up to the surgery. I think if you were to choose to have a relationship with Dave or anyone, you should tell them. It was a big decision in your life that has made you the healthy woman you are today, regardless of the occasional embarassing side effect. I think you should be so proud of being brave enough to go through with the surgery and dramatically change your lifestyle, which has resulted in your losing weight beyond your goal. I know I don't have that kind of courage. YGG! And as Shad said, we all have baggy bits. And dim lighting does wonders to help us feel comfortable about getting close to someone or to use your words, doing the horizontal bop!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #120  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Gotta put in another long day today to get up to speed. I'm running behind. Today I shall suffer the joys of the General Ledger. It's supposed to be a short course - ha ha Never known an accounting course that used 3 words when they could use 10. Finished Fixed assets last night and the consultant is looking at it now. Expect to see it coming back with green pen all over it - well metaphorically and electronically speaking of course. I'm taking great delight in removing the TFG's name from all over these documents. He really never wrote them. Just formatted and updated them for one of the projects but I'm happy that his name will not be around for the rest of the documents life. Speaking of the TFG - he is in Canberra at the moment working with my wee roosters from TVille days. One of them is his boss. I'm still not over laughing about it.

Mel - I read a lot of crap books!!!! That's how I know. Candles do do a lot for the older skin, however Annie and you and I must come to terms with our own saggy baggy bits in our own ways. Get a vibrator woman - you are living vacariously through your imagination and my imaginery doings!
If the old guy decides to sell his house, I will decide that he is going senile. The markets for selling are not good right now. No point in selling below price. I guess NYC holds its prices fairly well but even so, he should hang in there for a bit. The BIT will have to hang in there for Florida. She can wait.

Happy - so sorry to hear about the pool. One durned thing after another. I hope you can find a reasonable solution to the problem and one that doesn't hurt the DH either physically or financially. I guess you both feel a bit low at the moment. Hears some for both of you
Thanks for the thought of the roses, but customs, immigration and agriculture at the airport would have been a bit sad about them. Not worry. If they weren't doing anything, they were fairly useless. Roses are often a bit weird around humidity and damp. Mine do better in the winter than the summer. Upside down world I live in.

Annie - my roses and my orchids thrive on neglect and drought. Roses are actually very drought hardy. Yes they require some work from time to time, and they aren't the nicest bushes or shrubs to look at, but it is all worthwhile when you go out there one morning and find Mr Lincoln rose has opened 2 buds while you were sleeping and the fragrance beats coffee for lightening the heart. I only grow roses with fragrance. I don't like the store bought, long stemmed, semi opened buds that have no scent and only look like a rose should if everything in the garden was perfect. I have about 15 roses in my rose bed and all but two or three of them has a different shape, size and fragrance. Got sucked in on those because I liked the colour and the tag said they were lightly fragrant, but I can't smell anything. When they kark it, they will be replaced with the fragrant varieties - if I am still around then I mean. Most of my orchids have fragrance as well. I had a blind friend for whom I took great delight in planting a fragrant garden and I have just carried on the tradition in the next house and the next one.
Just remember we, none of us are perfect. Not even the roses. If you close your eyes and go back where life was good, it can still be just as good, it's a mind game. I don't think you should give up on it yet.

Michelle - well done on the clothes size. You and I are wearing the same size, althought the American size 14 is not the same as an Aussie size 14 - so I found out when I was over there.
Glad to hear you are drying out. I don't promise to do much about Dick. He is rather deadly with his hunting rifle. I'll see if the sea cave at Durness is vacant this summer.

Rennie - the scales are just plain mean. That's why we should rely on the fit of our clothes for guidance more than the number on the scale. Still it is very annoying that the scale does not weigh right even if it does have a great weight dropped on it. Silly boys.

Ceejay - hope those classes are going fine. I've got to admire your spirit in doing them during vacation time. Hope you get the recognition you deserve from them.

And with that I'd better get on with the day. Washing, planting the roses, and then on to work. No gym today - second day of my two days off a week. Back tomorrow to thump out those weights again. See ya

Last edited by Shad; 06-17-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Closed Thread