Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #76  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies -

TGIF. After last weekend's wild weather, followed by this week's thunderstorms, flooding, etc., I need a relaxing weekend. We still haven't gotten any flooding thank goodness. But so many towns and cities are under water around us, I can't help but feel for those people who are fighting the clock and rising waters to put sandbags out to try and save their homes. In fact, DH and I were going to go to a nearby community to help sandbag last night as they were looking for volunteers...but we learned there was no way for us to get there as most of the roads were flooded.

Thanks for all the compliments about my new avatar. I actually have a poster with the same picture, so when I found the avatar, I knew I had to use it.

Annie - I hope you enjoyed your b'day dinner.

Mel - The strawberry soup recipe sounds wonderful!! Thanks for sharing! Yes, it was so sad about the tornado that hit the boy scout camp.

Shad - Good for you for taking time out to enjoy the beautiful weather when you can. It can be so frustrating at work when you don't get the necessary answers to your questions.

Ellen - Just listen to your body and rest when you need to.

Happy - I'm doing fine. There were BIG and LOUD storms last night, but we're still safe and dry. We're hoping it won't rain much today and hoping for sun tomorrow. Sunday is supposed to be storm again. I haven't quite dug out the 100 days book yet. Last night, I worked on a puzzle with DMIL instead. Sorry your plumbing problems kept you up late. We didn't sleep much either because of loud (and bright) storms that lasted until 2:30 a.m.

Well, I've got a ton of stuff to get done today...but first I have to wake up and smell (and drink) the coffee!!

Here's to a great Friday for all of us!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Why is it that plumbing problems appear at bed time or in the middle of the night. It could have been much worse. Good that you saw it when you did.

Michelle
I see you egg light aglow.

to the rest I'm not in a talkative mood today.

I've gained several fluid pounds and it's showing up in my hands and other areas of my body. It makes me miserable.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #78  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday Girlie Girls...........

MEL...the strawberry soup sounds wonderful. I printed it for another girl here in the office to try.

Shad...you go girl, you are on that exercising.

UPS...all the taking it easy will be worth that sweet lil babe soon to join us.

Happy....thank God it was only a gasket and not an entire pipe in the wall problem.

Diyana...Isn't the flooding the saddest. I watch it on the news and just want to cry for those people. How heartbreaking to lose everything.

Ceejay...drink lots of water with lemon, it is a natural diuretic. Feel better, my dear.

Getting ready for the big date weekend. Stomach is doing flip flops, had the poo's this morning. Crapped my panties twice before I even left the house for work. I am such a dork.

It is raining now, but supposed to be a beautiful weekend hi 82 both days. Little humidity.

Hello to everyone...will chat back on Sunday night or Monday.

Love and hugs...
Old 06-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #79  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Annie
Suppose to be beautiful here too. Hope we all have a great weekend. Happy birthday

cee
Water weight can be terrible. It effects how our clothes fit. My watch can get so tight I have to take it off. My rings use to do the same thing.

Di
Your avatar is very pretty.

Melody
That is so wonderful of you to support your friend. Why am I not surprised lol you are a wonderful person. Oh, that sounds so yummmy. If I feel better later we are going to try that. If not today then tomorrow.

Happy
I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I started my DOT today and yesterday my ovaries were killing me. I layed in bed all day with Bella in my drug induced stupor lol. Plumbing problems, oh aren't they the worst. I am lucky that my father knew how to do everything, built our house too. I am pretty good at all kinds of things. Sure saves on repair bills lol.

ups
As long as you are eating good losing weight while preggy is great.

Shad
It is just wonderful out. I am not quite feeling the same but I made sure I went out and sat on the porch for awhile.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #80  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Rennie....where are you in Ohio?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #81  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Rennie - sorry that you aren't feeling well. Take care of yourself - let Leslie take a break and make you some tea instead of marching you around the room Hope you feel better soon - let Bella be your heating pad.

Annie - have a great weekend with Dave and whomever else you might be celebrating with.

Mel - I see you found another person to mentor. Be kind and gentle to them and give me an old whack on the head And have a little fun yourself, will you? I sent you an email today...

Well with the toilet needing repairs it doesn't look too promising for work on the pool. I don't want to push DH but I'm afraid we're not even going to get to use it this year

Left overs for dinner tonight - it's kind of warm outside - was hoping to get some more yard work done. I'm almost thinking I have to be Shad and get up at sunrise so I can go out when it's cool out. After all, pulling weeds and sweeping doesn't make much noise. But it might when I fall over on the ground fast asleep

Have a good weekend ladies, talk to you later.

Ceejay - I was going to suggest the lemon water too. I suggested it to my boss for her Jenny Craig weigh in and she said it actually does help with the bloat. Personally I feel we are just carrying around alot of excess humidity from this funky weather lately. Have a great weekend.

Geez Michelle - that's getting darn scary with the weather lately. You might be using that boat for more than fishing Enjoy your time off and have fun with the MIL.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #82  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

*snort* happy is going to do a shad and get up early and sweep???? *snort*.

I'm off to Body balance class. Will get back on when I get back. I should have stopped laughing by then
Old 06-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #83  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
*snort* happy is going to do a shad and get up early and sweep???? *snort*.

I'm off to Body balance class. Will get back on when I get back. I should have stopped laughing by then
After 6 years she knows me all too well
Old 06-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #84  

I'm back from gym. I'm still cackling along.

But hello everyone anyway.

Ellen - 21 pounds in 10 weeks? Still I have no wish (nor any further ability) to be in your position. Life will get back to normal. It will just take some time.

Happy - so sorry that poor DH got roused in the middle of the night. At least you heard it and it didn't run all night. I'll come over and make coffee for the DH - I do a real strong variety. He will be wired when we've finished. These things have a habit of breaking down when they get old. I have one that is similar. However since I will replace the loo shortly I haven't bothered to replace the seals and things.
Sorry to hear that the pool will have to wait somewhat longer.

Mel - yeah I did get some answers and some praise - only problem is I'm not sure which document he is talking about. I've sent so many *sigh*
Glad to hear you have been having some positive time with the losing friend and with Jen. Take in some sunshine, sunshine.

Michelle - isn't it annoying that you want to help and you try to help and either Mother Nature or the local cop tells you NO!

Annie - have a tasty weekend with delicious Dave. Have fun and be careful. We have our tongues hanging out waiting for the details

Rennie - sorry to hear that you are not feeling too good. Get better soon. Go yell at the kids, always make you feel better.

Right - that's it. I have a list of things to do. I'd better go get started on them or I may still be at it when Happy is calling it quits and going to bed. So hi ho its off to work I go. Outside, heaving out the weeds that the run and sun have brought on. I could always sit on the patio and watch them grow I suppose too........
Old 06-14-2008, 06:58 AM   #85  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE~ HARD TO BELIEVE THERE SI SO SUMCH FLOODING AND INACCESSIBLE ROADS. IN ALL MY YEARS I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS MANY. IT WAS GOOD OF YOU AND DH TO TRY TO GET THERE TO HELP. STAY SAFE

CEEJAY SORRY FOR THE WATER RETENTION. WOMANHOOD CAN BE A BUMMER THAT WAY

ANNIE~ STAY CALM. BREATHE IN AND OUT SLOWLY :lol3a: DON'T FORGET THE DETAILS!!!! ABOVE ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME.

RENNIE~ HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. I BET BELLA MADE YOU FEEL BETTER TOO!

HAPPY~ THANKS SO MUCH FOR MY WHEELS OF FIRE! I MISSED THEM. I LOOK AT YOUR CARD EVERY DAY FOR A PEP TALK AND IT HANGS OVER MY COMPUTER LAMP! I STILL LOVE IT. I HAVEN'T BEATEN MY FRIEND YET BUT CAME CLOSE SHE IS SOOOO CREATIVE WITH THE MT PLAN THAT HER DIETING IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAN MINE WAS....AND DELICIOUS! WISH SHE COULD COOK FOR ME AND YOU! BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU FALL ASLEEP AND END UP ON THE GROUND....BETTER TAKE A NICE COZY QUILT WITH YOU AND STRATEGICALLY PLACE IT FOR JUST SUCH AN EMERGENCY

SHAD~ SO GLAD HAPPY PUT YOU IN SUCH A GOOD MOOD. I AM SURE THE PEOPLE AT THE GYM ALL BENEFITTED FROM THE SNORTING AND RAUCOUS LAUGHTER. GO AHEAD AND SIT AND WATCH THE WEEDS GROW. YOU CAN ALWAYS MOVE YOUR LAPTOP AND MAKE AN OUTDOOR LAPTOP AS WELL I GOT LOTS OF SUN THESE LAST FEW DAYS. HOPE YOU FIGURE OUT THE MYSTERY OF WHICH DODO HE IS PRAISING YOU FOR

THIS WEEK I CLEANED OUT MY LIBRARY DOWN IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM. THE WEIGHT OF THE BOOKS IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR FOREARMS AND SHOULDERS SO IN THE END, I AM PASSING THE BUCK ALONG TO 2 SENIORS WHO WANT THE JOB. ONE OF WHICH IS MUCH MORE ACTIVE THAN I AM NOW. IT'S KIND OF A BITTERSWEET MOMENT.
ANYTHING THAT COULD GO WRONG ON FRIDAY THE 13TH DID. THE DAY OF HAVOC ENDED WITH A WOMAN COMING HOME BATTERED AND BRUISED FALLING OFF A BUS. NURSE MEL CLEANED HER UP IN THE LOBBY AND HAD HELP. THANK GOD MY MAINT. MEN STAY WITH ME EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO HOPE OF OVERTIME PAY. IT'S FUNNY HOW THEY JUST "DO IT". WITHOUT A WORD WATER AND PAPER TOWELS APPEAR. GOOD LADS.
PROBLEMS WENT ON INTO THE NIGHT AND ABOUT 10 I FINALLY FELL INTO BED EXHAUSTED. QUIET TODAY AND I AM HOPING IT LASTS!!
AS A FAN OF TIM RUSSERT (AN NBC NEWSMAN) I WAS VERY SADDENED TO HEAR OF HIS UNEXPECTED DEATH AT 58. THE LAST OF A DYING BREED, TIM WAS THE GENTLEMAN OF ALL NEWSMEN. IT'S A SHAME MORE MEN AND WOMEN IN HIS PROFESSION DON'T TAKE A LESSON FROM HIM AND STOP THIS TRASHY NEWS REPORTING THAT THEY THINK IS SO SMART.
WELL GIRLS....I AM OFF TO THE SHOWER I NEVER GOT TO LAST NIGHT AND CHANGE MY SHEETS AS WELL! THEN REST IS IN ORDER FOR THE WEEKEND. JEN HAS RETURNED TO THE SUMMER PLACE AND RICHIE HAS SOME TIME OFF SO THEY CAN CLEAR OUT THE OLD TRAILER AND THE NEW 40 FOOTER CAN GO IN IT'S PLACE.....QUEEN SIZE BEDS AND ALL!

HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-14-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
You have had a rough day. Stay in your jammies today.

Happy
Did you get some rain last night and early this morning? Thanks for the tip of the lemon water. That's what my aunt and uncle drink.

Shad
I wish I had your get up and go attitude. I've never been an early morning person.

I'm on day three of my three day week end. It's back to work tomorrow for one day and then on vacation for 7. I do go to Paragould to class Monday-Wednesday for water license but after that I'm home. My aunt suggested that I come and stay with them but this is going to be to much time away from home, and I do have clogged sinuses. She is scheduled to have parathyroid surgery on Wednesday. Her body is making to much calcium. I don't want to take any chances on making her sick.

to all the rest and have a good week end.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-14-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #87  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

I was just about to sit down and post when DH got back from the store. Need to help him fix the toilet. Will be back later. Carry on...
Old 06-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #88  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Annie
I am in North East Ohio south west of Cleveland.

Happy
In my drug induced stupor I haven't cared much what is going on around this house lol. Bella and I have layed in bed and watched 100's of old movies lol.

Shad
The kids are smart enough to not be around me. They know I will make them work around the house lol. They did go out and do all the yard work for me.

Melody
Bella thought it was great fun. She isn't allowed on the furniture or my bed. She has been allowed to lay on my bed with me lol.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #89  

Morning all,
Gym is done, breakfast on the patio with the Sunday paper is done, coffee is done and there is work to be getting on with, so I will take a few more minutes and chat here.

I sincerely hope Annie and Happy are losing with all this exercise. I'm not. Life is not fair. Time to get back on track I think.

Mel - it's not a pretty moment when you realise that what you used to do all night, now takes you all night to do. Take courage my friend and see if something else is available for you to do. Maybe cataloguing the library or something. Nice to know the guys are around for you to lean on when necessary. You are right about the newspeople today being full of trash and pithy comments that make the news somehow seem a bit demeaned. Sorry to hear of the passing of a good newsreader.

Ceejay - there are times when my get up and go, gets up and just goes. I have to be a morning person because I can no longer be a night person. Otherwise I would spend the majority of the day in bed!! Good luck with the classes and the holiday. Hope you get what you want out of the education. I'm sure you will.

Happy - what would you like me to carry on about. Is that loo fixed yet? I can carry on quite easily as you know

Rennie - hope you are feeling better today.

And with that I am about to venture out into the sun and did some more weeds from the garden, get rid of some of the rubbish, get cracking on some planning to see what is going to go in the garden this year if anything. I may well try some tomatoes in pots (I can water those with a bucket) because the price of tommies is almost sky high. This will go with the homemade bread and rolls (price of a wholemeal rolls went from 55c to 90c in less than three weeks. Just plain ridiculous. The DB2 came over yesterday to borrow some tools and smelt the fresh bread - and ate half a loaf of the stuff. Then he and the nephew came over last night to watch the footy and between them demolished an entire loaf of sourdough bread. Hmm maybe it is not so cheap to make your own after all.... DS2 managed to eat his way through about half a loaf the other night before his shower and before he went out to dinner - only to come home and announce that the bread served with dinner was not as good as mine - the rest of the loaf got scarfed down at that point. So the breadmake is on constantly - maybe it would be cheaper to buy the stuff.

Okay - I'm outa here
Old 06-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #90  

Height: 5'5"

Evening/morning All! Had a busy, but relaxing day...went with DH and My sis and Brother to soft ball practice...I kept an eye on the kiddies, mine and our friend's, got a little sun, then went back to the shade. I brought my tea with me, so I had plenty to drink. Then we decided to throw an impromptu bar-b-que for DS and DD2 b-days. was nice, and I barely had to do anything DH and Dad cooked, then my Brother cleaned up. I have already showered, so baring any major MS, I Am all set to go to church. After that we are going to see DMIL...she does not know about the new baby, so we will tell her tomorrow. Have 911 on speed dial LOL

We heard the baby's heart beat on Fri...so much fun. And I am ok'ed for getting back to the gym, even doing some weights! I would love to go in the morning, butI need to get some work done with the kids over the summer, so I Am planning on working with them in the morning, then after lunch heading over to work out(I feel better in the afternoon anyways) and hopefully taking the kids to the pool too. I need to find some nice and easy dinners, as being in the kitchen and cooking is still difficult. well, I guess I have chatted for longer than I intended...side effect of feeling better.

Later chicas!
Closed Thread