Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Happy birthday to her Maj as well. Holiday weekend here. It's obviously rained overnight so everything is damp and fresh this morning. After I have finished here, I'm going out to pull some more weeds for an hour or so and tidy up some of the yard which looks somewhat uncared for at the moment. I may even cut some more of the hedge (if I rack up some energy to get the ladder out of course.)

Not a lot to report today. Did very little yesterday apart from laundry and shopping. Absolutely nothing exciting at all. Very boring life I lead sometimes. But at least I haven't coughed at night this weekend, so I guess that's got to be a plus.

Madcat - yeah we crashed. Didn't know much about it myself - just that I couldn't get into back into the site to edit after I had posted. Probably my fault in that case but the site had been acting funny for a couple of weeks. Glad to here you have had some downtime with the boy over the weekend. Do you guys get Queens Birthday over there still? Or have you done away with such sentiment to the crown. Here they keep on with it because they don't know what to call it if not Queen's birthday. Presidents day??? Doesn't have the same ring somehow. And he would be probably corrupt if we had one!
Best way to break anything is to stomp on the plug. Usually takes them a while to sort that one out.

Happy - the weeds have definitely re-awoken with a vengeance with the rains. Not fair!!!! But I will go out there, dig em up and hoe em out for while and then see if I can keep on top of them. Not easy when some of the seeds come from next door or over the back. But then again, I have neglected the garden and the only thing that will get it back is to get rid of the weeds before they seed or run or whatever.
Have fun with Mum before she goes.

MelHope Jen gets away safe and arrives safely. New 'van?? The old guy is splurging out - long may it last. And I hope he leaves them a bit of a pile for afterwards too!

Michelle - time to get back to the gym - or Happy and Annie will whinge again. I haven't been since I got home. I thought about going today but don't know whether they will be open over the public holiday. So I will do some gardening, go for a long walk and do some cleaning and tidying as well. That should fix it.

Ceejay - drive safe. Enjoy the weekend with the family.

I'll be back to check later
Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! That was some jettison! The DB was corrupted, the nightly and weekly backups didn't work and we had to go back to the last monthly. Of course I had about 17 wonderfully witty posts that disappeared in here!

Just back from doing some testing for Thera Paws. Luckily we were in an air-conditioned facility and there were only four dogs. They all passed although I had my doubts about one wee Yorkie. He was overtrained in obedience and made eye contact only with his owner. Sort of sad when he is to be visiting nursing homes. You may as well take in a stuffed toy. However, he did pass all the tests so.....

We are just steaming in the heat and humidity. Right now I am pouring a G&T, changing into a loose caftan and going to loaf around on the deck with the Doggage. Disney continues to be a great addition to the family. She and Hersh did have an altercation over who got petted first the other day but it settled quickly and they are pals again.

Have a great weekend - or Monday in Shad's case.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth
Glad the dogs are friends again. Are those peonies in your avatar? If so that is one my my favorite flowers. My grandmother grew those in her flower garden.

Mel
Don't you love those who knock at the door at 5.30 a.m.

Shad
Have you thought about weed eating in the flower beds? I've gotten lazy the past couple of years about doing any flower beds. To much work for me when I'm not at home all the time. My excuse this year is the neighbor's 2 year old. He tramples through every thing.

Ellen
Maybe the OB will have something to make you feel better

Mischelle
Let's both get back on track this week. I've just gone to the grocery store and have bought several things for next week. No soft drinks for me this week. It's decaf iced tea and water.

Happy
My bedroom looks better and it still needs to be vacuumed, at least I can see the floor. And there is clean sheets on the bed. My to do list is shorter but there is still more to do. UGH.

The trip to Paragould was short but sweet. Our three year old is getting over bronchitis. She has inherited allergies like her nanny.

To the rest Hello
Old 06-09-2008, 06:40 AM   #19  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE...HANG ON TO THAT RESOLVE!! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. THUNDER AND LIGHTNING ARE NOT COMPUTER FRIENDLY!

SHAD...I THINK THE DAD BOUGHT THE BIGGER HOUSE TRAILER SO THE GF'S FAMILY COULD VISIT OVER THE SUMMER TOO! BEGINNING TO SEE THAT NOTHING HE DOES IS WITHOUT MORE THAN ONE REASON GOOD TO HEAR THE COUGH MIGHT JUST BE GONE FOR GOOD....FINGERS CROSSED!!
HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY QUEEN'S BD

RUTH...WILL DISNEY BE A THERAPAWS ALSO? GLAD THEY ARE GETTING ALONG. POUR OUT THE G&T'S AND WE'LL ALL BE THERE! I WOULD LOVE ALL MY OLD POSTS TO DISAPPEAR!!

CEEJAY...TOO BAD ABOUT THE 3 YR OLD!! I SAW SO MANY KIDS IN THE ALLERGY CENTER WHEN I WENT. GLAD THE TRIP WAS GOOD.

I WAS ALREADY OUTSIDE AND IT SMELLS TERRIBLE. 80* BY 6AM AND MUG CITY!! P.U.!!!!
FOR SURE I WON'T BE OUT TODAY. NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES WITH THE EYE CAUSE IT LOOKS A LOT BETTER. I T SEEMS TO BE DRAGGING IT'S BUT HEALING THO.
I WILL KEEP MY OTHER EYE ON IT THANK GOD I AM STILL LAUGHING. MADE REPORTS TO GET THE HALL A/C FIXED. HOPEFULLY THE GUY CAN COME TODAY. IT'S GETTING PRETTY HOT WAITING FOR ELEVATORS OUT THERE. JUST GLAD MY A/C'S ARE RUNNING!!
OFF TO BREKKIE AND WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT DAY. HAPPY MONDAY
Old 06-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ceejay, yes, that's a peony "tree" in my avatar. It blooms earlier than the herbaceous peonies but is not great this year. It suffered from being under snow mountain! The other peonies are just starting into bloom.

Mel, I hope you manage to stay cool today. It's terrible here so I can imagine what it's like in the city. Yes, I hope Disney will eventually be another Thera-Paws dog. She definitely has the personality for it and loves people. We start obedience training classes next Sunday as she needs to walk better on the lead at heel. I could do the training without classes but need the imposed structure of lessons and homework.

Upswife and Diyana, I hope you are safe from the floods and crud happening in the Midwest. Mother Nature seems really pissed off lately!

Shad, it's just about a year since we sat on the back deck and watched fireflies! It must be about time to see them again. We've had so much rain their little butt lights are probably washed out!

I still don't have my garden all planted. It'll either happen or it won't. I keep reminding myself that I can BUY veggies from local producers but do love my own fresh beans and tomatoes. Right now, it's so wet that I'm considering converting to rice! It's a good thing I have my flowers for enjoyment. Poppies and lupines are glorious right now.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm at work trying to catch up from the week end. Sure wish Matt would come and bring those parts we need.

More later.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #22  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy peeps,

This site is still very slow to load for me. Nothing special going on here. So I'll just and say hello.

Off to make tuna salad for lunch...
Old 06-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #23  
Choose your hard

Shad - have you ever eaten fiddleheads?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #24  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

What a Monday! Sheesh!

So I have to be at work extra early today to check reports, and DH is supposed to drive a company car to Michigan. So rather than leave his SUV at work for 3 days, I drive him to work. Only to find out that there was a change of plans at the last minute and someone else went to Michigan. Would've been nice if they would've told him.

Anyway, during the drive to his work, DH noticed that my clutch was slipping a little. So he said we should get that fixed ASAP. Of course, we haven't gotten our stimulus check yet, and this is a $700 expense that we didn't need and really can't afford. Luckily the repair place can work on my car tomorrow...so it will either be done late tomorrow or on Wednesday. So DH will have to drive me to work. What a pain in the .

The storms we had did major damage in Milwaukee. Thousands of people's basements flooded. Luckily we had no damage. Of course, I did get up on the ladder between rain storms and clean out the gutters AGAIN! We have 6 maple trees that were overloaded with spinners, helicopters, maple seeds...whatever you want to call them. So our gutters were completely clogged after all the storms we've had. I didn't mind doing the gutters...it's something active to do and given the choice I would ALWAYS rather do outside work than inside work. I hate cooking and cleaning - this chickie is NOT domestic at all (although I am a good cook...I just hate cooking).

Other than that....things are going okay. I'm going to work out tonight either at the gym or at home (depending on when we get back from dropping my car off, etc.). I need an endorphin fix really bad!

Ellen - I'm guess you didn't have any damage from the storms since you didn't mention it. That's good. I hope you're feeling better today.

Shad - I'm glad you're not coughing as much. Nothing more frustrating than being sick and needing rest but having coughing fits wake you up all night long. I will be working out tonight - hopefully at the gym. I could always work in the garden which is such a mess after the torrential rains. And the junk from the gutters is all over as I was hurrying to get it done before the next wave of thunderstorms started.

Ruth - How neat that you do testing for Thera Paws. I have a dog that would be pretty much perfect as a therapy dog. I need to get him signed up for Canine Good Citizen testing first though. I'm glad to hear that the Disney and Hershey are getting along well. Your peony avatar is just lovely. My peonies have buds but haven't bloomed yet. Your poppies and lupines are gorgeous too! We haven't seen fireflies here yet. I hope they show up. I just love watching their light show.

CeeJay - I'm with you. I will definitely get on track this week. I'm glad you had a nice trip to Paragould.

Mel - I'm definitely holding on to the resolve. Sorry that you're having the hot and muggy weather too. We definitely have had our share of it since Thursday....and the storms didn't ease the humidity one bit (until today that is). I'm glad your eye is doing better.

Happy - I hope your tuna salad was yummy and that you and Mom are enjoying the day together!

Love and big to you all!

Last edited by diyana; 06-09-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #25  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ahhhhh, I found you all. A tisket a tasket, I think I lost my basket.....

Indiana was hit awfully hard with storms also Diyana. We have major roads closed, damaged, people cannot get off their own street and out of their neighborhoods. It is awful, luckily me and my house are safe.

Dave, old bf, is coming to my house on the 13th and stay the weekend. I am a bit nervous, but all should be just fine.

I didn't sleep a wink last night, as I drank way too much iced tea. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight. Bella even kept growling at me to lay still as I was disturbing her. haha.

My bathroom sink had a leak. Well I took apart the sink and to get hair out and thought I had it back together, NOT. It leaked for two weeks. Fortunately, I had a longenberger basket with a plastic liner under the sink with lotions etc in it, and it filled the basket up with water. So it could of been a lot worse. My brother came over and fixed it. He said I "almost" had it back together right, but not quite.

I am glad the thread is back, I thought may someone really did jettison off with it.

Have a great evening.

Love and Hugs
Old 06-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #26  

Hello Ladies,

Taking care of a sick dog is very tiresome... BUT I think we're on the upswing now. The hard part is making him eat slow... ya right... so I have to basically hand feed him or he gulps it down. (Wonder where he gets that from??))

Needless to say, I have been off track with my eating and the girls I workout with were on vacation thurs through today, SO I didn't go either...

Back on track tomorrow.

I'll come back later and post more...
Old 06-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #27  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

1day
When life gets in the way we just have to get back on track. Glad the dog is doing better.

annie
Think DECAF lol.

di
Hope your check comes real soon. Think of cooking and cleaning as camping. Pretend you are cooking on an open fire and you have to clean up or the bears will eat everyone lol.

Happy
Hello, glad you had a nice time with your mom

Ruth
Pretty flowers

Melody
You stay cool lol.

cee
Glad the little one is getting better.

Shad
It is hot out there, be careful and don't do to much at one time.

Been in the 90's here in Ohio for a few days. Just beautiful outside. Yes, hot but it could be -12 so who is going to complain lol. Still trying to get things done around here that I haven't gotten done. House is clean, laundry is done. I never seen to get all the windows cleaned at one time. I need to get rid of some of these windows lol. Bella is doing great and Winkie doesn't want to eat her every time she walks by lol.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #28  
Choose your hard

Afternoon ladies,

I am enjoying my last day with Mom. She took a shine to one of my t-shirts and even though it's a favorite of mine, I figured - what the heck - it's only a shirt and heaven knows I have LOTS of them. Years ago I literally gave her the shirt off my back when she was just enchanted by a nothing special workout shirt I picked up and she still wears it. It's her favorite shirt and her lady friend said that when Mom gets tired of it, F wants it. Now over the years I've bought Mom lots and lots of shirts and sweaters but just like an infant who for whatever reason decides that "this" is their special toy or blanket - you never know what someone will like. I brought my dad a hooded sweatshirt that said San Francisco after a business trip. He wore that thing to shreads. When I went out there again, I picked up another shirt - same style but a different color. When I saw him with the tattered one I asked him why he didn't wear the new one. "Sweetie, it's just because I love this one so much".

Patty - taking care of a sick anything is hard. Hope Blackie is doing better - hang in there.

Annie - was wondering where you were. Did the basket get ruined? I guess better the basket than the cabinet although some of those Longenberger's can be real collectors items. Those sink leaks can be nasty though. I think when Dave comes over, make sure you have your friend Louis within easy reach (as in Louisville Slugger ) just in case he needs some persuading which I'm sure he'll be the perfect gentleman.

Michelle - ouch on the car repairs!! Always something, isn't it? Bummer too as I bet you had other plans for the stimulus money. I hope it's not too pricy. And gosh get out the waders. I can't believe how much rain you had. I heard they closed Milwaukee airport because of the flooding. I was looking at the radar yesterday and there was just this huge mass of red storms on the radar descending down on you. What has happened to the weather - geez louise!!!! I'm glad you didn't have any damage yourself. And after always wanting trees and now living in a very mature wooded area with lots of leaf/gumball/helicopter/seedpod/pine needles/broken sticks ALWAYS falling and needing clean up, I'm thinking the next place will have maybe one oak tree I feel for you cleaning the gutters out. We have those leaf covers which are a wonderous invention. Stay dry and safe!

Did you get those parts you needed Ceejay?

Peony bushes are gorgeous Ruth but I don't like them because they are super ant attractors. I'll take hydrangeas instead thank you.

Shad - I'm feeling puffy - please get back to the gym thank you very kindly

Mel - I'm glad it's quiet for you. Good thinking on staying inside to protect the eyes. If it's stinky outside, you know the air quality can't be that good. I remember traveling to Los Angeles in the 80's where you could see the layer of brown yuk polution in the sky. Ick. Here we have the occasional smell of horse pastures

I hear you on the windows Shy - just one in each direction should be good enough

Timer went off - gotta get supper on. Later chicks.

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-09-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick note and then back to work. It's raining again - getting completely tired of that now. However it is not as bad as the weather in Wisconsin or where you lot are having floods at this time.

Happy - Fiddleheads - known in NZ as Piko Piko, and no I haven't eaten them. They have only come on the market in the last couple of years. I believe you can only eat them at certain times of the year. That means they are probably expensive.

Ruth - the G&T's sound like a darned good idea and not just because of the heat. I'm having problems getting things to work at the office as well and we seem to be having the odd problem with the wireless internet. Bummer. Certainly was a decent jettison. We all seemed to be having problems of differing natures - mine was that I couldn't see the posts in the Advanced posting section. Happy was getting slow response time. Etc. It probably all related to the problems the site was experiencing.
I was just thinking yesterday that it is exactly a year since I left Mel's place and went to Toronto. What a great trip that was. Sad that the fireflies have been temporarily suspended from a neat performance. The garden will grow. Mother Nature is just having a bit of a hissy fit, that's all. Just look at what she did to China and Burma. We should however consider it a warning.
Glad to hear that Disney and Hershey have come to the alpha dog understanding. Pity the same thing does not work in the human world huh!

Michelle - went to the gym this morning. Did a cardio workout. Thought about you lot while I was there. Glad to hear you didn't have any problems with the weather. Feel very sorry for those who did though.

Annie - glad to see you found us at last. Hope the weekend with the b/f goes well. Have you told the family about this yet?

Morning Ceejay

Pattie - glad to hear the dog is eating again. Don't know how one teaches a dog to eat slowly unless you only give them small amounts at a time. Can imagine it would take up plenty of your time.

Rennie - I never manage to get all the panes in one window done at a time before I get real bored and give up and then see all the streaks and smears on the ones I have done. It was much easier when one did them with the pressure hose.

Mel - stay in if it is stinky out there. That haze is something awful. I well remember it from when I was with you. Saw the same brown haze on the horizon in LA as Happy saw, and again in NY and Newark. The air quality must be a constant source of distress to a lot of people.

Happy - I went to the gym - see above, so stop the puffy puffing. Enjoy the day with Mum and get on with the work.

And speaking of which, I'd better go do some. I'm way behind.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #30  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Shad
These are all real easy ( except for the ones in my bedroom, hall and bathroom ), they are all those replacement windows that you can tip in or take all the way out to clean. The problem is the sills get dirty real easy and need cleaned at least once a week. I just can never get myself to find the time to do them at least once a week when I am trying to scrub ceilings and walls.

Happy
At least only one in each room and a window doesn't have to be 6 foot wide and 4 foot tall all over the darn house lol. I have 7 of these darn things and other 7 that are regular size and then bay windows and windows over doors and oh my gosh. The people that put all these windows in should have to come and clean the things a few times a month lol. Isn't it funny what people like. I have a t shirt that is in tatters and 6 sizes to big for me. I still wear that t shirt at night when I cuddle up to read a book.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 06-10-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Closed Thread