Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #31  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

he pointed out some 'issues' i have
my issues are from the way i was brought up
he pointed out that i shouldnt need a computer to lose weight (ie support from you guys) he said i should be able to do it by myself, putting weight back on is my fault and no body elses
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

What a lot of rubbish. There is any number of proven clinical data that people who attend support groups (ie. weight watchers) lose more weight and keep it off better than those who do it themselves. Tell him to try reading some journals some time. Or ask him what the **** bariatric medicine is all about (weight loss surgery) if it's meant to be easy to do alone. What a dick. Telling someone who's overweight that they "should" be able to just lose it is so counter productive, because that just makes you feel bad and makes you eat more!! OR maybe that's just me.. hehe.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #33  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Yeah but Amy thats all good when said but is it easy to do? I know when I am sick I am ravenous. It's unbelievable.

Speaking of ravenous. I have eaten crap all bloomin week and now George has arrived yahoooo. (not) I feel and look like a bloated blimp. My skin has broken out badly (thought I was past that age). And I'm sinking into a bloody depressed state. One thing exciting happening in my life does not make the lot all good. My BF or X BF is playing mind games with me. Like pulling off rose petals he loves me he loves me not. One minute is saying love stuff n misses me blah blah blah and the next breath if he gets ****ty about something he is sending texts abusing me. I keep telling him if he wants there to be any chanmce of us he needs to STOP with the mood swings and the jealousy and insecurity.

Anyhow you guys don't need to hear my garbage we all have it, just different smells lol.

Kel that doctor does sound like a dick as Gen so politely put it. I wouldn't even be going back to him ever. If he can't support you or at least give advice thats practical tell him to buzz off. You need a supportive Dr.

Ani how cool 5 cats. I would if I could but.... as I said Snoop would NOT approve hahaha. I need to get a pick of him on my bebo page so ya can all look. He's so flyffy but has a real attitude lol.

Gotta fly (speaking of flying wonder how Julia fared???)

Vonni.

Oh PS.... My ex ex ex (daughters father) reckons I look alright for a grandma -- haha reckon I should show BF that comment so he works harder for me. hehehe
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #34  
Am I a senior too?

Hmmmm I think that word was meant to be fluffy
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #35  

my NORMAL doc is on 3 weeks holiday and i LOVE my normal doctor
although my NORMAL doctor doesnt know about weightloss support forum, he just knows i am addicted to the internet
gotta go and not be on the internet

vonni - you look AWESOME not just for a grandma!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #36  
Am I a senior too?

Haha thanks Kel
Old 06-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #37  

88.5kg woo
loss of 400grams
slow and steady wins the race - GREAT so i am a freakin tortoise - although considering the take away food places that i got to fill out comment cards for (i think everyone wants to know what i think) then ANY loss is awesome this week
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Kel I'm sorry, but that doctor is an ignorant tool! I could stand here and say that I've lost 28kg on my own - but the fact is I have been part of Aussie Chicks for almost 2 years, and the information, support, and friendship has been invaluable.

It makes me furious that some superior-acting w@nker would say that to a vulnerable woman. I would have refused to pay for the consult… but that's the sort of person I am .

All is OK here. Got someone coming to see the house tonight, and someone else tomorrow night - so I will see if anything comes of that. I certainly need someone to move in so I can ease the financial pressure, but as usual I am not looking forward to it.

Anyway - must get ready for work. I'll try and see if there is any danger of me drinking some water today… that would be novel .
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #39  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Kel i agree what a dick... lol i agree with vonni gen was very polite i would called him an F***ing*sshole lol has he ever had a weright probelm.... i bet he hasn't.. support is what keeps us going.. where are we when we are struggling.. generally on our own not asking for support.. so yup.. stupid dick he is ..
Internet addictions are a little counter weightloss becuase we spend alot of time sitting down.. reading and typing.. but with our busy lives mot of us do it when like me.. im waiting for my load of washing to finish.. or between tasks at work.. or at night when we could be sitting in front of the tv snacking.. so the way i see it .. not really a problem.. cant snack while typing lol. it just depends on how much time you spend on the net . and if you spend time intead of doing things that nheed to be done..
I get on before the kids get up in the morning and leave the comp on all day .. lol and come back an check things out every now and then.. like now between washing.. or having a lunch break from everything i work all day long in this house .. lol i get a break too lol .

Vonni Im sorry hes being such an *******.. and hey i know what you mean about saying and doing.. lol very good point .. i suppose i just gotta forgive myself for that gain and not worry about it ..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #40  
Blue Team Member

well done kel great loss
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Speaking of internet... I'm going to try walking for 30 mins when I get up instead of sitting here watching the news for half an hour while I wake up and have a coffee. I'll take a cup of coffee in the car instead on the way to work.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:49 AM   #42  

thats a great idea gen - if i went for a walk for 30mins instead of doing crap on the internet that would be super beneficial

yes the doc was a dick - i didnt think of it in the way of him saying those things to me in the state i was/am in...... it is a bulk billing medical centre and he was 'first available' i was going to go back tohim for some blood test results until my normal doc came back - as his different HARSH tack i thought might have been good for me and that perhaps i deserve it and havee been just being a big baby about everything
Old 06-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Kel it's important that you are in charge of your own future - use doctors as tools (like scales, tape measures and everything else we use to measure our progress) - but don't put them in charge of your choices.

Barb are you lurking? We miss you!

Lindor what are you up to? I averaged out my pedometer readings for last week, and I'm close to 70,000 steps for the week. This week is weird for me, because I am working 11.30am - 9pm most days, and that cuts across two meal times. I'm finding it hard to get a balance, and must admit I've been eating whatever I can grab in my breaks. Gonna have to figure this one out…

The woman who was coming to see the house last night didn't show up. I have someone supposedly coming around today - a French chef - but who knows what will happen there.

In spite of my weird routine I feel like I am on track to have a decent week. How is everyone else travelling?
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #44  

ani - i think my exhubby used to find it hard not being home at normal meal times, he is a shift worker... i used to try and get him to have a meal before he left for work and take something with him for dinner, usually a microwave meal ccoz i was such a crap housewife even then

i am starting to realise i have to take more responsibility for everything and that i blame alot, i cant blame the weather, baby, time, money for what i put in MY mouth or the exercise i DONT do
Old 06-12-2008, 05:32 AM   #45  
Blue Team Member

my hubby is coming home in 2 and a half hours... yippee..

lol no im not counting the hours at all... lol

Leah is so excited she is running around with Daddys hat on.. They have agame where Leah runs off with Johns hat.. she thinks its hilarious.. anyway last time he flew with out it and all month she has been laughing and saying to John she has his hat.. He has been playing along saying mine.. gibve me that hat.... and then pulling a puppy dog face .. when she says no.. its been really getting her giggling so tonight she wants to take the hat to the airport to tease daddy some more.. lol She says she gonna give it back but i can garuntee she will just tease him with it.. lol .. anyway i wont be online much the next week .. i want to spend time with John. he has been very down this trip so i want him to be relaxed and happy at home

im 100% on plan so im very happy at the momesnt breakfast everyday lots of water.. lot of exercise.. over 600 minutes of exercise this week alone.. so im very happy hopefully when i come back in a week i will be showing a decent loss keep everything crossed for me ..
ok cyas later ..
hey i may be on at some sateg .. he goes to bed hours before i do .. so.. we'll see.. just thoyught id prepare you for the worst/best.. lol... night