Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:01 AM   #31  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in before heading off to bed. I ended up doing my walking around the complex tonight without Marissa, because she was sleeping and I still wanted to get my walk in.

Tammy~ I have told my hubby that I would love to get lipo done on my thighs and stomach, get a boob job to make them perky and put them back where they belong again, and my turkey neck on the underside of my arms. But of course we aren't rich and famous, so I will have to work on it all the hard way!

Pat~ I am so sorry to hear about your little Sahara. (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
Old 05-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi Ladies, It is with a very sad and heavy heart I write this post. My precious Sahara is dead. I am holding her liveless body next to my heart. My son is in the other room crying his heart out. Nothing to be done now but try to pick up the pieces and go on. I will cry some more when I go to bed. Thank you all for listening to my sad story. Pat
Big Big
Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 AM   #33  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi.

I'm just popping in quickly before getting ready for the day.

Pat, I'm very sorry to hear about Sahara. I know the loss of a pet is the same as the loss of a favorite family member. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Ladies, It has been a s l o w day. My son didn't go to work today. He is taking Sahara's passing so hard. He went to the local pet place and bought me a beautiful dragon. Not a replacement for Sahara, but a celebration for a new life/friend. I named the dragon Aztec. It is too small to know if it is a boy or girl. I am hopeful it is a girl. Now we have 4 tot dragons. We buried Sahara in the side yard under our Maple tree. About an hour later it started to rain. My Grandma used to tell me if it rained on the day of a funeral the angels are rejoycing. I hold that dear to my heart and we are trying to move on.

Wanting to start a resistance band total body workout and not having a clue where to start I went to the library. There I found a power band workout book and dvd Just what I need to get started on my journey to health and wellness. Mindee was so nice to point me in the direction of a doable cardio dvd. Another kind Jaded Lady set my on the move for a healthy doable eating plan. I bless my lucky stars that I have met such a wonderful group of ladies. I will set up my ticker tape, weigh in, and move on.

Thanks to each and every Lady in this group for your love and support, seeing me through a very rough spot in the road. KUDOS to everyone. I could not have made it without you all. Thanks Pat
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Pat - Good for your son getting you your new little Aztec to love. No nothing and no one can replace the ones we lose, but one nice thing about the heart is that there is always more love to share with others. I hope it will help you.

Sounds like you are working on a plan good luck.

Mindee - How was the zoo trip? I hope the children loved it.

Good day today OP.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs,
Trish
Old 05-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #36  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone.

I'm sorry to keep doing these quickie hellos. I promise to do better over the weekend.

I hope you're all doing well. I'm going to bed soon. Lately I've been getting sleepy early in the evening. Like around 7:30. I've been trying to eat less meat (just twice a week), so I wonder if maybe I'm not getting enough protein. I've been trying to get enough from nuts, beans and a morning protein shake, but I don't think I'm getting it all in. I may need to tweak a few things.

Someone asked which Leslie Sansone dvds I have. I have a 4 mile from the 80s. It's funny to see them in those clothes. I also have a 2 Mile, 3 Mile and her Walk and Jog. I have her You Can Do Pilates as well.

Well I'm off to bed. Goodnight all.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #37  

Height: 5'1"

Pat--Big hugs to you, sorry about your Sahara!

Ladies...I'm exhausted! It's been an "on the move" kind of day! I got a call into work at 7:30 this morning, so I was up and out of here in an hour. (Not enough time to wake up)

So this is just a quicky for me today. I'm going to rest up a bit and then do some walking and pretty much go to bed.

I will catch up w/you all later!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #38  

Good Morning Ladies, Today is a beauiful day. We are going to till my Neices' garden plot today. Try to get some of her seeds and plants in the ground. I hope my tomatkoes and eggplants come in the mail today. I want my veggies all planted. Then I can get my fllowers planted tomorrow. It is good therapy for me. Goodness sakes I need it!!!!!! Loosing Sahara the way that I did was about the last straw for me. I have my exercise plan in place, I have my eating plan in place. My journey to wellness continues.

Mindee~Cant wait to see pictures of he kids at the zoo. I will wear my pedometer today.

Amanda~Thank you so much for sharing with me!!!

To all the Jaded Ladies~Thank you for your support This is a great group hugs to all. Catch you all later.

Pat
Old 05-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #39  
~Believe~

Hi All..........

I am soooooooo worried..............My DH has not been feeling well, well the last two days he told me that he is short of breath. I thought it was pneominia cuz he's had a cold, etc........So he went to the dr this morning and the dr is having him go and get an EKG and bloodwork done and have him schedule a stress test.......... I am so soooooooooo afraid..........I know that the dr is trying to rule out anything serious and I hope that it does rule it out, but I am really worried........

I guess its another eye opener. That we really need to get with plan and stick to it. I can't imagine my life without him........ and I am sure he probably feels the same about me and I'm the one with the heart disease in her family, both sides!!!!!! I am so stupid! I have done this to myself and I have aided to doing it to my husband! I may as well have just buried both of us alive!!! What a dope......I let food rule my life.........and now it may just end not only my life, but someone I love with all my heart.......

Sorry I don't mean to be a downer.........truly...........

Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #40  

Height: 5'1"

Sassy-- You're not a downer at all! That is a genuine worry and I would worry too. I hope all goes well w/the tests and that it's nothing. Many hugs to you and your hubby!

Ladies, it's finally Friday! I'm off to work early (again) and then I'll get two days off! My DD & her friend will be here and that brings a smile to my face. We'll be busy going here and there all weekend since the weather is fabulous and we want to be out in it.

So, I may be scarce most of the weekend, but will try to pop in for a quick hello.

Off I go for the last day of busy busy busy work, until Monday when it starts all over.

Hugs to each of you.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Sassy - I know how frightening that can be. You and your DH are in my prayers and thoughts.

Marti - Hope you have a good day although busy. Have a nice restful weekend or at least a slower pace and pleasant.

Not much going on here. Just working to stay OP. Hope y'all have a great weekend.

Mindee - How did all of you like being at the zoo?

Amanda -How are you doing today?

Pat, Sue, Tammy, Ruth and Everone else hope all is well with you.

Trish
Old 05-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Hi Ladies, I'm back, at least for a short stop in. Life has been very busy. DH had a conference out of town, so I joined him for the weekend. We had a great time, best of all, I came back and hadn't gained despite lots of good food. (I guess all the good walking helped.)

Of course when I came back I did something to me knee, so mobility has been more difficult. Sassy, I am right with you, I look at myself and DH (who was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and has a terrible family history but won't do anything about it) and I just feel angry and dumb about what we have done to our bodies. I'm trying to do better but it is a struggle every day.

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about Sahara...I hope his memory will continue to be a blessing in your life, and that Aztec will bring new joy.

Have a nice weekend all!

Pandora
Old 05-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #43  

Hi Ladies,

Sassy Chick~(((((((((HUGS))))))))) Don't feel like you are a downer. You have genuine concerns. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are making sound solid choses. We are here for you any time day or night. You are not alone. Please keep us posted about what the doctor says. We love and care about you. Pat
Old 05-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #44  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, the zoo trip was great! All three kids were extremely well behaved! We didn’t get as any pictures as we had wanted to since our camera decided that it didn’t want to cooperate with us, AND we forgot the spare battery at home! So, Tommy told Brandon that it just meant that we would have to come back again but with BOTH batteries for the camera! Of course Brandon’s reply was yes and he had a HUGE smile on his face!

My MIL came along with us and it was a lot of fun! It was nice to have someone come along with us so that we were not standing there looking at each other and saying “okay, you go to the bathroom and then when you get back I will go.” we each took Brandon into the bathroom with us, but he didn’t have to go while we were in there, but he still tried!

Then we came home, and the kids all went down for naps. And I went down for a nap while watching the news! I slept for a little bit, then woke up to Tommy banging on the ceiling with the broom stick because the neighbors upstairs had their music too loud. Then I fell back asleep for another 45 minutes or so and then Tommy started dinner and we got the kids up to eat dinner. Then we were all in bed by 11:30 Thursday night! I had to take some Motrin because my teeth were bothering me again, which they are starting to bother me again now.

I was joking with Brandon telling him that he was skipping school on Wednesday. They had a professional development day that day. And then Thursday was the zoo trip, so we joked with him that he was getting into a bad habit of skipping school, and he just looked at us and laughed.

I filled out all the paperwork and got all the copies that were needed for it. That went into the mail on Tuesday night, so I am hoping that the worker received it all on Thursday at the latest, and that she can get every done and filed by the middle of next week since Brandon has his Mobile Dentist appointment that day. I am half tempted to call the help line right now just to see if I get anywhere, but I am sure that nobody is working right now, and they don’t have a way to check online.

Pat~ You are very welcome for showing you a workable workout plan! How old will Aztec be before you can tell the gender?

Trish~ All three of the kids loved the zoo! We missed the “show” that the zebras put on, but by the excitement (more or less) from the high school kids that saw it and pointed it out, I was glad that we did miss it!

hello to those that I missed, I am starting to get sleepy now, so before I fall asleep at the keyboard I will cut this short and try and get on here sometime on Saturday!
Old 05-17-2008, 09:02 AM   #45  
~Believe~

Thank You Gals. The dr put DH off work until he gets the results back.

Closed Thread