Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:03 AM   #91  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey all..just stopping by real quickly.

I'm having another weird night. I took a nap this afternoon..and ate some food afterwards. But then later on tonight..I dunno what happened. Fonzo called me...and I just got really sad all over again. I had a mini panic attack while watching Pirates of the Caribbean. So I started doing my nails and that seemed to have helped a little bit. So by the time the 3rd Pirates movie came on..I went into the bedroom and started reading my mag. All the love talk in the movie made me cry. Not even the part where Orlando Bloom looked totally gorgous cheered me up. It only made me more depressed. Fonzo called me about 3 more times..and during the 3rd time, I had a breakdown and started crying. He hates it when I get like this and he cant be here with me. So he's gonna try really really hard to fly up here to be with me when the ship pulls in for 3 days. It'll only be for 3 days, but it'll be totally worth it. I miss him so much..I just need him here. Please keep your fingers crossed that this actually happens. I'm falling apart without him.

Anyways..Sorry for being such a drama queen right now. I better go get my cats and shut us all in the bedroom for the night. Its the coolest place in the house right now. I hate seeing my kitties suffer. I have to refill their water bowl at least twice a day..and they're afraid of the ice cubes that I put in it..LOL!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #92  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in while I have a quick second. we have to run to Walmart in a little bit when Tommy gets back from doing the laundry. And wouldn't you know it, they are giving away ice cream sundaes (complete with toppings) until 4pm. I called Tommy and he said "I am watching the news now. I was just thinking that (about going)." I didn't mention it to the kids, but since we have to go there anyways we will keep it as a surprise for them!

Francie~ What color did you paint your nails? I hate when it gets too hot......when we lived in our mobile home before Brandon was born, we used to have to put all the windows open, and we usually took a couple of cold showers a day just to stay cool!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #93  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~Mmmm I would love a ice cream sundae right about now. Its so flippin hot in here, lol. I have 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer. They have to last until the next paycheck, lol. I didnt paint my nails yet. I just filed, buffed & shined them.

Anyhoo..I just got done cleaning. I mopped the floors too. Ughh what a drag. I'm covered in sweat and have 3 fans pointing at me right now, lol. I put the shower curtain in the wash cuz it was started to smell weird, lol. When thats done, I'm gonna take a nice long shower and then put my hair up in a braid. I'm gonna be all retro about it too, lol. I'm seriously hating my long hair right now. I wanna chop it off. Its soooo hot & heavy. I hate having thick hair. Anyways...I better go start a load of laundry. I wanna try to get as much done as possible today.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #94  
kitty Momo

Happy Sunday......

Francie- I put ice cubes in my cats water too! Trying to keep him cool but he seems to like the water dripping from the tub . Scares Gaby when she is on the toilet and he jumps out of the tub. You're not a drama queen, I am just hope we are some support to you, you're not alone

Mindee- The year zoo membership will cost me $95 -something like that. It includes 2 adults in the family, plus the children and 1 guest per visit. I think it is a good deal because just Gab and myself would cost $19 a visit. Plus w/ summer they have summer concerts so that will be fun and it is so close. blah - blah....lol I will have to go check out the pictures of the zoo trip!

Sassy - Crossing fingers for some positive results on your husband! Hang in there!

Dinner last night was soooo good. I only had 3 peanut butter crackers during the day so I was starved and McD only had a maple bar, so it was like he was serving the Last Supper. haha.
He made New york steak on the grill and sauteed mushrooms to go on top, which I love, it is so good. He made a nice salad w/ avacodo's and shrimp, corn on the cob and pasta w/ this basil topping , it was so rich....plus my favorite cheesebread....and he made a chocolate cake for dessert.
I saved on calories by drinking diet 7-up. lol.....after that meal though it will take me days to get back on track.
We went to Tyron park and walked on the wooded trails w/ his dog and after dinner we watched "Bobby" because Rach brought it home.
And I call him McD because he is an awesome kisser and something about last night he kind of out did himself....lol , so I had fun!

Now I am hanging w/ Rebecca before Gaby comes home. I have to finish my letter to her father.

I had oatmeal w/ apple slices for breakfast and my fvorite tenderloin is on sale this week for 5.99!! Yeah.

k- wishing you all a super Sunday!!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #95  
kitty Momo

Mindee- Just sneaking back in to say I loved the zoo photos, especially the last one of the whole family! You all look great and I think I have said it before you are a natural mother!

Francie - Is it really hot up north today?? Only suppose to be 76 here today so I am happy!

I was also meaning to add that I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday for Gaby to attend summer academy! It is through the Portland schools and is sponsored by Nike to help children who will be in 1st grade in the Fall. It is to provide support and make them successful and her teacher and I agreed that would be great for Gaby. So the teacher had to sumbit an application and Gab was accepted so I am thrilled. We go May 29th for a cookie get together ( I am not eating cookies! ) and pick up her schedule and the letter said bus pass too but heck if Gab is going public transportation, she is only 6...lol. They can give me a Shell credit card if they want! haha

Hello to our other Kindergarteners Jules, Sue, Katy, Sassy, & Cristina (and anyone passing though is welcome to join us!)

Chat tomorrow......

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-18-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #96  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Hugs to you Francie! I forgot to answer you about the Mary Higgins Clak book, it is her new one and I can't wait to read it. I've always been a fan of her. I really like James Patterson too and I hate getting into a series of anything...didn't even know the book I read and a couple of the others were a series. Like with Catherine Coulter...I've read a few of hers as well and never thought about them being a series. I don't think you have to read them in order but with the JP ones...there's things that happened with his personal life and I won't go back and read the ones I haven't, lol. Just move forward with them, lol. Hope you are feeling better today and that Fonzo gets to come home!

SUSAN...I'm thinking it's all that homecooking, lol! He's getting to you thru your stomach. Of course my stinking mouth was watering reading what he made...I love a man that cooks! Hopefully the ex reads your letter, the dummy! Apparently, he thinks it's all about him. All this talk of the Zoo is making me want to go!

MINDEE...the pictures are nice! I thought you guys looked a little chilly.

SASSY...hope you and your hubby have a nice weekend!

Nothing much going on with me today. Mowed the back and front yard. V was out working in the yard and so I joined him and did the mowing today. I was bored what can I say. It is such a nice day today, was nice yesterday too...in the 80's. Just being lazy now and going to get some more reading done. Wanting to finish the book I am reading, Little Children, tonight. Don't think it will happen though...maybe tomorrow. Anywho...

Have a good one!
Old 05-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #97  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~My cats are afraid of the bathtub because we give them baths, lol. I put some ice in their water just now..and they're looking at it like its some funky bug or something, lol. I'm not sure how hot it is today..but I am sweating!! I have all the fans on right now. Its really warm in here.

Cristina~I've read everything by MHC..I cannot wait to buy her new book!!! She's one of my fave authors.

Well..I better get back to watching Bend it like Beckham. I'm gonna be watching the Oxygen channel for the rest of the night, lol. Oh ya..One of my BIL is graduating from High school next week!! YAY!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #98  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

You ladies have been chatting up a storm in here. I won't even try to catch up. Just will say "hi" to all and keep up the good work. All this walking and exercising and WATP's. Great job!

I am another avid reader here..and love MHC. Now I have to get her latest book. I went to a garage sale at my neighbor's and bought 10 new books...all pretty recent. Then my friend gave me 7 more by Fern Michael's. I have to get busy with my reading. Trouble is, with this new tv programming we ordered and the new faster internet I keep playing elsewhere and not reading. So, okay, along with my new leaf (eating) tomorrow I will also turn a new leaf on priorities and make reading one again.

Been getting my exercise in the yard this past week. I planted 20 plants and shrubs over 2 days along with mulching. Ouch, my legs were sore. I plan to get plants from DD and a friend tomorrow and dig in some more dirt. If everything blooms and grows I will take pictures.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #99  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how is every one?

I am just popping in here quickly. I have to make some adjustments on Brandon's speech package that is in his folder. I have been meaning to put them in there, to kind of give his speech therapist a helpful hint in trying to get him to say the sounds that she has been working on him with. I am also going to push myself to work more with him on it, as oppose to the 10 minutes, that she recommends.

Francie~ Right now, my nails look like crap. I had them all polished up and they were so long that a friend of ours thought they were fake! but then we went bowling, and my thumb nail got all weird on me from putting it into the thumb hole. Our cat, Joker, used to sleep next to the toilet to keep cool. As for the ice cream sundaes.....they were out by the time we got there!

SuzieQ~ Sounds like you had a great night with McD! I think for a family membership to the zoo is around the same price as yours, maybe a little more. And, I believe it is 2 adults, three children, and one guest. They always have different concerts going on during the summer. And they even have what they call the Zoo Boo, where the kids can go trick or treating through the zoo in October. thank you for the nice comments about the pictures. It was a lot of fun, but I wish our camera would have cooperated for the whole time we were there. But it just gives us an excuse to go back!

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comments on the pictures. In the pictures of us by the fountain, the fountain was actually spraying the water and the wind was carrying it, so we were getting a little wet. The first set of them, we were in our jackets, we were getting ready to get into the zoo and it was still cold out......but it warmed up by the time we left!

Francie~ YAY for your BIL!

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! How is your mom doing?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:01 AM   #100  
I was born this way hey!

Sue~Used books are awesome!! I have a habit of buying a billion used books and finish them all in days, lol.

Mindee~Well..I had a weird day. First I painted my nails black..but then I went to take the clothes out of the dryer..and my nails got all smudged. Even though I sprayed them with this quick drying spray. After that, I decided to try this polish I found in the bedroom. It looked really pretty in the bottle..but when I put it on..it was way too light. I couldnt stand it. So after that, I thought about painting my nails red..but my toes are painted black..and I didnt wanna be all black & red..lol. So I painted them pink. Its actually called, Twisted Pink, lol. So now I'm black & pink. Woohoo, lol. That sucks about the sundaes. My cats sleep on the kitchen floor or the glass table to keep cool. Sometimes they even fall asleep on the window sill because I keep windows open during the day.

Anyways...my night was rather boring. I mostly did laundry and watched movies on the Oxygen channel. Then after that I watched this show called Snapped..and man, those women are CrAzY!! LoL!!

I do have some good news though..but it turns a little iffy. I found some houses in MD in our price range!!! However..because Fonzo is gone right now..the houses could be snapped up quickly. Who knows really. They're really nice. And I found them all on this military website. People put up their homes for sale or rent on the website. The houses that I found though are about 40 miles away from where Fonzo would be working. So I'm not sure how he would feel about that. I'm not sure how far away 40 miles is exactly, but it sounds far, LOL!!! Oh ya..when I was putting my underwear away..I found a magnet on the dresser for MilitaryOneSourse.com..and it says they can help with relocation. So I'm gonna check that out in a few mins.

Well..I'm gonna go check out the site before going to bed. I feel another flippin panic attack coming on (I felt it when I started talking about moving)..so I'm gonna take one of those pills again tonight. I just wanna watch the news first. I'm praying for some rain so it can cool down a little bit in here. Its really nice outside..but inside its burning up!!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #101  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Mindee- Thanks for asking about Mom. She is packing and preparing to go to TN with her sis. They have rented a house on a lake and her 3 sisters from PA will join them. It should be fun for all of them. They range in age from 72 to 85. They will then go to FL and I got Mom a flight from there home in 2 weeks. I am feeling a bit like a mother hen in worrying about her, trying not to. She has felt so much better since the epidural and getting off the morphine. I know that was making her "foggy" and confused. She still has slight pain in her hip which is arthritis. She has gained back up to over 120 from a low of 108 pounds. She would like to be around 135-140 for all her clothes to fit . We did find her a few smaller things for her to take on her trip and she is mostly packed. I will Baby sit....and probably spend 2 weeks worrying. But, it's like your kids, ya gotta let them fly away.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #102  
I was born this way hey!

Ugh..I'm grouchy right now. I was woken up by someone knocking on my door. It was probably the dude that would be installing the meters outside. I was supposed to have turned my back light on, and since I was asleep..I didnt do it. So he came knocking on the door. But he used the freakin door knocker!!! LoL!! So all I heard was this weird tapping sound. Anyways..I dragged my sleepy butt out of bed and turned the effin light on. So then I get back to bed and try to fall asleep again..the effin power goes out. Grrrrrr..I cannot sleep when its so freakin quiet. Then like 20 mins later the power comes back on. So I just got online to see if Fonzo emailed me..and here I am. LoL!! Oh..and my nice little laundry thread is turning into some debate about dryers. Whatever. Just another manic monday, right?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #103  
kitty Momo

Good Morning to all you fine Chick's!!

I am going to vent for a second because if I don't I shall burst with ANGER!! lol

So, my writting to to Father of the Year didn't go so well. I forgot the letter and I was picking Gaby up at the pool. I was too lazy to go back and get it.

I got to the pool after Gaby had been there for 90 minutes swimming and Gaby went running off with one of her school friends who had just gotten there. Gab was in the pool.

He had wanted my keys to throw the bags in my car and I said no just bring the bags inside. So, he took off and Gaby took off so I was standing there and thought what the ****.

While Gaby was occupied I walked outside and met FOTY at my car and we conversed for a minute.....if that is what you call it.

The discussion didn't last long because his point of view refused to take my point of view even in to consideration.

He denied ever saying he would have child support on the 16th and when he said I should maybe write things down so I wasn't confused, I turned and said good bye. I know what I heard and I told him it wasn't even about the money, just his sucky attitude. I didn't say sucky though.

This morning I was unpacking Gaby's overnight bag and all her clothes were dirty. I was fuming. It cost me $4 a load for laundry, she always goes with clean clothes and is it too much to ask that they are returned cleaned?? I think not, especially when grandpa has machines down in his basement. Also, I was upset that after he says he has no money for Gaby he went out and bought a tent and sleeping bags. No regard for Gaby and her needs for the week. I mean, I don't ask for money if I don't need it AND he didn't pay anything in April at all and I got behind in my electric because of it.

So, I called FOTY and was thinking his machine would pick up and I would leave a cheery message about how clean clothes returned would be appreciated!!!

He answered though and we started a discussion about clothes, his attitude and child support. It escalated to the point of him saying "it really is about you and your potential Susan". And I said "excuse me??" He said it was me that wasn't working and I could go out and get a job.

I said I am bringing in close to $1,900 a month in unemployment benefits and he said I could go out and earn more.

mmmm, sure. I am LOOKING for a job and there isn't a whole lot of $19/ $20 dollar positions out there. I have to have a Bachelor degree just to land a $16 dollar an hour job.

I replied...."since you are being so rude I will just say I have held my job for 5 years, at least I wasn't always quitting"....

He said something about feeling ok with what he provides Gaby (($121 a month - court ordered)) and reminded me that he paid $300 extra for her after care last Fall. And I snapped and said you are still $6,000 in arrears and he hung up on me.

oops, I wasn't finished!

So, I called back and said I wasn't finished and said never to call my house again since he is so disrespectful and that he needs a rude awaking what it takes to be a real parent. And reminded him that it has been me that paid $280 a month for Gaby's medical all these years, he has never provided that for her.

He made a point of saying "I never ask you want you do with child support." Because I mentioned the tent and sleeping bags. Oh, I spend alone $700 on rent, plus utilities, car, insurance, food, clothes, gas for the car which is 3.95 this morninng....slupree's ......everyday stuff! No trips every weekend to the coast.......moron.....he really thinks $121 is all I need??

anyway - what a f-ing ding bat.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-19-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #104  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

DO NOT POST HERE!!! Please and Thank you

See ya at BIK #45
Closed Thread