Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:45 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Ladies, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Saturday.

Amanda~ CONGRATS on your weight loss. Keep up the good work

Mindee~Brandon looks so cute in his shirt. He is as proud as can be of the flowers he made for you. Give him a hug and kiss for me Please. That is as sweet as can be! H A P P Y A N N I V E R S A R Y AND MANY MORE

Everyone~ H A P P Y M O T H E R S D A Y

Trish~Thank you for the kind words and support. I really needed it. It helps so much to know I am not alone. That I have friends here to nudge me on when I need it. KUDOS Ladies, each and every one of you are the greatest!

Today was a busy day. We made 2 trips to the compost pile got about 80 gallons of compost. Got it all home. Then went to Wal Mart and got 7-40 pound bags of soil. Got a lot done towards planting later today. While at Wal Mart I spied these strawberry bag kits. I thought I would try one Now I have 10 strawberry plants to plant in a baggie thingie to hang like a flower basket. If it works out I will get one more kit. I can't find decent berries in the store, I will grow them. I got in a lot of low intensiy exercise today. Tomorrow I start planting the garden and flower beds.

Have a wonderful Sunday Happy Mothers Day Pat
Old 05-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #77  
GmaTo8

Happy Mother's Day to anyone that has ever nurtured anything, whether it's a child, a husband, a pet or a plant.

I'm packed and ready to head up to Indy a little later. We're taking the laptop, and I'll check in if I can. There are some awful winds going on right now in Indiana, and I hope they'll have blown over before the plane is supposed to take off.

<---- for each of you Jaded Ladies.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Happy Mother's Day to anyone that has ever nurtured anything, whether it's a child, a husband, a pet or a plant.

I'm packed and ready to head up to Indy a little later. We're taking the laptop, and I'll check in if I can. There are some awful winds going on right now in Indiana, and I hope they'll have blown over before the plane is supposed to take off.

<---- for each of you Jaded Ladies.
Have a safe trip! and Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #79  

Happy Mothers Day to all of our Jaded Ladies!!

How was everyone's weekend. Mine has been a decent one. We took my MIL out to eat last night! I will need to compensate tonight with a little extra exercise. Today I will go visit my mother, I'm taking her one of the shrubs I purchased last week. They are called Alison False Heather, it says that they are an evergreen in zones 8-10 and we are zone 8. Mom thinks they will die during the winter because. So, she only wants one...if she likes it I'll buy her a few more next year.

Well, gotta run. Talk to you later.

Mindee, just wanted to say Brandon is adorable!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Ladies, Today is a wet one here. Yes, raining pretty steady. I won't be able go get much planting done today. My hopes of having everything planted in the ground by sunset today won't happen. I think I can duck and dive the showers tomorrow to get the rest of the flowers and containers planted. I can make final preps; like make the pole frames for my beans and vining plants. Prep my containers for the potted veggies. Get my netting lined up so all I have to do is hang it in place. I want to get the 10 strawberry plants planted in the bag and hung. I can cut and mark the row stakes. If I can get this done all I will have to do is plant my seeds. I might buy one more container to put either watermellon or canalop in. Free up some space in the garden for things that take more space. I have decided what I can't grow up I can hang and grow down. My Neice found a thingie that you can put on a roof and grow flowers and veggies on the roof. She asked me if I would go half and half with her. I just might do it, then get a standing freezer and put my harvest away for winter eating. I know climbing a latter may not be the smartest thing for me to do. It is good exercise. Kinda like double up some of my spaces.......anyway it sounds good in writing. If I can get some help from my son and Niece it will go faster . I am so eager to get it all in the ground so I can watch it grow . It will be low intensity exercise, but it all counts the same

I better get on with the day. I hope everyone is having a wonderful good day with family, friends, and loved ones. Thanks Pat
Old 05-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies, Hope you are all having a great Mother's Day.

Jane - Have a safe trip. Hope your flight goes on schedule and you have good weather for the whole trip.

Ruth - I have little shrubs the landscaper put out when the house was built that haven't made it or may not make it as they are more dead than alive so I think I will look for the evergreen shrub you got your Mother. I like things that look good year round.

Pat - We are getting rain today as well and it looks like we are going to have more rainy days this week. However, I can't complain after the dry spell we had last year. We are still on a water restriction as last year. I suppose that is because we don't know how this summer is going to be.

I purchased to new SBD Supercharge book yesterday. I am excited about the new plan of exercise that goes with the diet. He teaches you how to get more out of your exercise using both low intensity and cardio to build up you core strength and revv up your metabolism so that you lose weight and get in shape healthy and do it faster. I'm going to read it this week and hope to start it full swing next Sunday still plan to use WW Flex to control portions unless I can learn to use the satisfaction rule of IE.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 05-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #82  

Height: 5'3"

That's a beautiful Mothers Day greeting...thank you! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #83  
Shyla

S/C/G: 248/195/150

Height: 5'6'

Happy Mothers Day to all you Jades Ladies,

I started a weight loss group at work and also joined an exercise group where
I have to do some form of exercise for 1 hr a day. Last week I did 1 hr of brisk
walking each night. Wow!!! that really worked in that I lost 2.5 lbs in the last
8 days.

I still have not been able to get my daily water intake in. I will work on that
this weekend.

I hope all are doing well and loosing good.

Shyla
Old 05-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #84  

Height: 5'1"

I hope you all have a very Happy Mother's Day!!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #85  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would pop in and wish every one a Happy Mother's Day!

we had a great date night! we had a great dinner, and our friends got us a cream puff sundae for our anniversary. and I was good and didn't overindulge!!! then we went bowling and I worked off all the food that I ate! we even got a king size Mr. Goodbar, and I am happy to report that about 3/4 of it is sitting in the freezer right now!

Trish~ Thanks for the nice comments about Brandon and his flowers. He was really proud of himself when he handed them to me. He ran over and gave me the biggest hug and kiss that he could.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES!!!!!!!

Sassy~ Thanks for that card! It was really beautiful!

Pat~ Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I will most definitely give him a kiss and hug for him from you!

I got a half dozen of roses from Tommy for our anniversary. He told me that there was a rose for every year that we have been married. It has one red, one orange, two pink, one darker pink, and one pink with red on the tips. they are all really beautiful!

He called me when him and Brandon were at Meijer's to ask me what kind of flats I wanted. I told him to pick out whatever flowers looked really beautiful. He then said that they all looked dead, and that we would probably have a better chance after Mother's Day to get a better flat of flowers.

Jane~ Have a safe trip and a Happy Mother's Day!!!

Ruth~ Thanks for the nice comment on Brandon. Have fun with your mom!!

Pat~ That sounds like a great plan! I have been seeing commercials for this planter, that you can grow tomatoes in, and the grow them upside down. You can hang them from your awning and stuff like that. I can't for the life of me, think of what the name is.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #86  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!!!

Just a quickie here, just back from NCS graduation. Tired

Franice--Annapolis....no way girl. You will be 5 min from me!!! I'll be your big sis!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #87  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello and Happy Mothers' Day!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I notice that I eat a lot more on the weekend. Not necessarily no-nos, but sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. I don't like counting calories, especially since I want to work on my weight loss as stress free as possible, but I think I'm going to start logging my weekend calories on Fit Day.

TommysGirl, Michigan weather makes me sick! But we don't have mudslides, hurricanes or earthquakes (usually), so I'll try to stay positive. I've had this ten year long dream of living in Nashville, but the longer I live here, the more I think I'll end up staying.
You have had quite a weekend by the way. I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary and found out that you lost weight on top of it! That deserves a three carrot dance, Home Chick. Your little boy is adorable by the way.

Ruth, Between the gardening, housework and treadmill, you've probably burned a million calories this weekend. Once I have a yard, I wonder if I'll ever get into outdoor gardening. I love easy care houseplants (I have 45 of them), but I really admire people who put all that love and care into their gardens.

Dixie, thanks for the congrats and your concern. You're very kind. As with Ruth, I'm amazed by the amount of energy you put into your garden. Is gardening outdoors as relaxing as having houseplants? I once worked with this woman who told me that her garden was the only thing that kept her sane during a divorce.

PattyGirl, I'm sorry to hear so much has gone on in your family. I'm glad that your brother was able to step in and stop the madness.
I totally agree with your regarding this dieting / eating plan business. It can be too stressful. I believe Atkins to be a good plan, but I used to stress myself over it so much that I drove myself and my husband nuts. Then, the three times I was on it, I followed the same pattern. I went gung ho, became afraid of certain foods, went through extreme disappointments when I slipped and eventually got tired of all the stress and deprivation. Then I'd just just give up, slip right back into my old habits and gain all my weight back.
Now, I'm just trying to be a healthier person who eats sensibly. The weight comes off slower, but I'm a lot more at peace. Also, I know that I'm working on the way I want to eat for the rest of my life. Nothing I'm doing is temporary. In fact I had originally planned to stay away from the scale until I made it to a size 12, but I just had to take a peek since a few people have noticed my weight loss. lol
BTW, I'm right behind (nine pounds) you in stats. I'm also hoping to get to 125 - 135. The only thing is that I'm three inches taller. I'm going to keep my eye on you!

Hi SassyChick! I hope all is well.

Jane, I hope you have a fantastic trip. Be safe and have fun.

Maryyea, Marti, Sz2 - It's good to see you all. I hope you've had good Mothers' Days / weekends.

Shyla, Congrats on your new group and the weight loss! That's really exciting. I think being a part of this group and the one at work, will be really beneficial to you.

Well, Ladies, I think that's it for the night. Good night everyone.

Last edited by Amany; 05-11-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #88  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Butternut Squash??

Tonight, I thought I'd try spaghetti squash for the first time, but I ended up buying a butternut squash. I thought I knew what a spaghetti squash looked like from pictures. Oops...

So, I guess I'll make something with butternut squash. lol I was thinking of throwing it together with some eggplant, tofu, broccoli, tomatoes and soy cheese. Then baking it.

Do any of you cook with butternut squash? If so, could you share a good recipe?

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #89  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hope you all had a Great Sunday and Mothers Day!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:05 PM   #90  

Pat, sorry for the lousy weather, I hope you can get your plants in the ground soon.

Thrish, my mom (who has an amazing green thumb) loved the plant. I did a quick lookup on the plant before I bought it. Since it looks like the ground cover Mexican Heather, my mom thought it would die back in the winter and come back in the Spring. But this is not a ground cover, it is a shrub that is grows up to 2 ft high and is up to 2 ft wide. I hope that our winters are mild enough here in Louisiana so that it doens't die back. I will probably take the time to cover mine when we have a freeze (we really don't have many nights below 32) during the winter.

Amanda, I didn't get as much exercise in as i wanted. Mainly the 30 minutes in the flowerbed and 4 or five hours of washing clothes, vacumning, sweeping, etc.... This morning I visited my mother, then went to my aunts and finally got home around 6:40. My hubby wanted tuna fish sandwiches so I had to make a quick run to WalMart to pick up a few things. So, I then settled into watching the Survivor finale. Anyway...didn't do as much, but I did purchase a ECK heart rate watch which also counts down 3500 calories. Today I've only burned about 1400 calories in nine hours. I think this will help me be more aware of what I'm eating and the calories food contain.

Well, it's bedtime...tomorrow is Monday! So everyone have a good week.
Closed Thread