Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #31  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Ladies!

Sorry mixing up the two Sassies.

Fasting is so, so hard for me from 11:30a until 5:30p. But, I've made it to Day 4, so I want to keep going. Besides, I no longer have the sinusy earache that it usually takes medicine to get rid of. That's plenty of motivation for me to continue. I also have pretty good energy during the day, and my skin seems to be clearing up. Stanley Burroughs, the guy who created this cleansing fast, recommended doing it at least 3 times per year. I'm not looking forward to that, but the benefits are fantastic.

Trish - I hope you were able to get a bit more rest today.

SassyChick - I enjoy cooking too. I just hate to wash the dishes and having to make two dinners. I will usually fill my crock pots and slow cooker with food for two weeks and then put the food in storage bowls and freeze it.
My husband likes to have everything deep fried (he doesn't like oven-fried). The only exception is stuff like steak and spaghetti. Of course there's also his fast food.
I've tried everything. I can't change him. I put on a lot of weight in about 3 years' time because I got tired of having to prepare two meals. So I just ate with him. I'm not blaming it all on the foods he likes. I was a hefty girl when we moved in together. It's just that now it's so much worse. So, when DH and I eat together, we're usually eating two entirely different things.

TommysGirl - It's sounds like you have a really great family. What a blessing! Congrats on the weight loss too. Isn't it a great feeling?
Freezing meals ahead of time is the best thing I've ever done for myself. That way I can usually avoid the no-nos. It's easier to not eat fast food when I know I already have food prepared for myself at home. It just makes life easier.
Happy Anniversary in advance!

Marti - Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Ruth! Sorry again for my confusion. I'll get it together eventually.

Dixie - Have fun with the planting. I'm going to have to try out that faking energy theory. If it works even just some of the time that would be fantastic!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Happy Tuesday!!!!

Happy Tuesday Everybody!!!

I actually woke up BEFORE the alarm today -- a 1/2 hr early!!! That is an achievement for me!! lol. AND I feel GOOD! Well except my neck is aching for some reason, but other than that, I am feeling GREEEEAAAATT! You know what I think it is? I think I have been getting TOO much sleep! I know how can someone get TOO much sleep, esp with the hrs I work, but I think somehow my body does not need that much sleep and too much makes it feel worse?? I dunno its a theory. lol. Cuz this morning DH wanted to get his motorcycle permit and the BMV opened at 8 am and I get off work at 7 am. We got into our town about 7:20 am. So we grabbed some breakfast and then DH got his permit. By the time that was all over with and we watched "The Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a Half Men" it was a little bit after 9 am. We watched some tv in the bedroom and I think we went to sleep about 9:30 ish. Which is late for us. We usually are asleep by then. But I feel good. Weird.

I brung food tonight for dinner. Lastnight I did not bring enough and was STARVING by the time I got off of work, so to prevent that I brought enough to eat, if I don't eat it, I can just take it home.

It was hot today. It was 83 when I came into work this evening. It is still 77 outside. I hope it is nice when my mom comes up in two weeks......But I know if its not, its just being together that is important, but it'd be nice to get out and about during the day since I "normally" do not do that.

Well I am rambling away, aren't?? lol.

Mindee -- I hear ya on the Allergies. Mine have been acting up a lot lately too.

Hi Marti Glad you had a good time. Happy Belated Bday to your hubby. Hope he had a good one!

Amanda -- I don't cook that much anymore. DH does most of the cooking and he does the clean up as well! Can't beat that, eh? lol. My biggest issue is I sit on my bee-hind all night long. Well that soon is gonna change because our schedules are changing, mine starts Sunday Night, and we have to take Mandatory Lunches (I never did before because I work such long hrs and did not want to be here an extra hr) So instead of eating on my lunch, I plan on going outside and walking. I started today, on my break. Just a few minutes, but its getting up and moving at least. So Sunday I should get in some good walking time!!

Well as I told Amanda, I did go outside on my 1st break and walked. Just a few minutes, but it felt good to get up and move!!! I am doing what Paul McKenna said, add extra steps, so I can do this! And with DH's hrs changing to days, maybe we can take some short walks before the other one works as well! I am just really tired of being tired and movement is the key, no matter how small it is, every little bit helps I figure!

Well have an awesome night ya'all!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Tammy - to answer you from the last thread, yikes, I can't believe the Rebecca storyline on Brothers and Sisters, either! Holly sure is looking out for her own booty, isn't she? How'd the dress shopping go? Yes, the fashions do look like the 60's and 70's. Some of them look like maternity tops, lol. Have fun at the graduation party this weekend, in spite of the ex-wife being there.

Marti - a belated Happy Birthday to James. Good luck with the computer upgrade. Those types of things are nice when they're finished, but a pain to do.

Ruth - aww, I hope the anti-inflammatory meds are helping you.

Trish - yay for taking the challenge! I'm doing pretty good, but not great. I think I'll be more serious about the whole thing when I get back from Florida.

Pat - I'm in rural IN, too. The farmers are planting melons, beans, and corn all around me. In our own garden, we've got radishes, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, corn, strawberries, and popcorn planted. Plus, we have blackberries, and several types of fruit trees. Good thing I like veggies and fruits, huh? Do you ever let your green peppers ripen all the way to make red ones? They're so expensive in the stores, so I freeze some of ours each fall.

Amanda - yep, the crunchy lunch wrap is my own concoction, but Katiecat has a real good one listed, too. I'm still laughing about your dream, teehee.

Mindee - you're doing a great job with the walking. And a big whoo hoo for making healthier meals at home, and eating fast food less. What a good mama you are to do that.

Sassy - how long until your schedule changes? Are you in the same location, lol. Hey, how about using a crock pot, like the other gals have been talking about? You can fix some very good and healthy meals in one. Just a thought.

Vann - if you're reading this, please pop in!

CCindy - please post here when you're comfortable to do that. As you can see, we're a loving group and will help you with the weight loss.

I had Jackson today, and boy oh boy, he's a handful. He's such a good baby, but he sure is quick, lol. He let me rock him to sleep, and I was in my glory at that. I love him so much!

I've got my exercise in, (see the above paragraph, lol) and have written down my food, but haven't kept within my points. Can you say "piggie"!?!

How are you others doing with your programs?

Gotta surf a bit, then take a shower before Boston Legal comes on. See ya on the flip side.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #34  

Default The Fast is Over

Ladies, my fast has officially ended. I just couldn't go any further. I got out of bed and made a chicken sandwich. I couldn't stop thinking about how hungry I was and what I wanted to eat post fast. The funny thing is that I wasn't craving anything bad. I was thinking about how I wanted to start eating more veggie proteins and try to cut back to having meat just once a day. Less dairy, more good fats and carbs, etc. Finally it all just became too much.

Unfortunately the chicken sandwich was too ambitious. I couldn't keep it down. Maybe I should have just had the meat and bread and skipped the Miracle Whip. Or maybe I just should have had some fruit and a handful of almonds. Then again, maybe I ate too fast. I gulped it down pretty quickly. I'll be sure to have something light tomorrow. Meatless.

SassyChick, you're a lucky lady. The most my husband can cook is a hot dog. If you ask him to do anything kitchen related, he looks startled like a deer in headlights.

Jane, I saw Brothers and Sisters 2 or 3 times and really liked it. I have trouble staying with a show though. However, I am a reality tv junkie. If it weren't for the fact that the reality shows I watch are constantly replayed, I'd probably abandon those too.

Well, I'm going back to bed. I feel like I could "lose it" again, but I don't think I have anything left. I don't think I'll ever attempt a 10 day fast again. I may try doing it on the weekends occasionally to see if that helps with my sinus problems. Plus I've been reading that dairy can contribute to sinus problems. I'll have to try to avoid eating too much of it.

Until tomorrow...
Old 05-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #35  
~Believe~

Wink

Jane -- My new schedule starts Sunday night (May 11th) and I am in the same location, just a new schedule.......for now at least! Ha Ha! I have a crockpot, but my dh loves to cook, so he does most of the cooking. We are going to get some fish because we enjoyed it so much at the restaurant. Now with our new schedules, we will actually be able to have dinner together. DH also, as I said to Cristina, cooks more than we eat and we freeze a lot of food so it just has to be reheated later.

Amanda -- Yes I know I am very lucky. My DH has always enjoyed cooking, but here lately he has really enjoyed it, so why deny him of his pleasure? lol. I still cook, but very very rarely. lol.

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-06-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here before attempting to head to bed early. we shall see how far that goes, but at least it is a start!

Amanda~ How long are you suppose to do the fast? Great job on making it to day 4! Thanks for the nice comments on my family, and on the weight loss! It is a great feeling to have accomplished it, and I plan on drudging forward to excel some more! We usually use the "I don't feel like cooking" excuse on the nights of late appointments. Which I agree, it the biggest excuse out there, so that is why I want to work on freezing them ahead of time so that we can teach the kids that eating healthy food isn't a bad thing. Thanks for the early anniversary wishes!

Sassy~ My allergies really don't act up until they start cutting grass. Then I can tell you when someone cut their grass and how recently it was done!

Jane~ thanks for the nice comments! I actually had to stop and come back to post this because Marissa woke up and I had to walk her around the complex! Who would have known that three complete times around the complex is 2.5 miles!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 05-07-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Ladies, Today is a breezy, cool day here. Looks like it could rain any second. I need to get the yard mowed, don't think the weather will allow it. Just right to get my containers planted. I don't have to worry about watering my transplants. Then get some weeds pulled out of my flower beds. Make them ready to plant my flowers and bulbs.

Jane~you are way ahead of me planting you garden. I have black and yellow raspberries to plant. Though I had 2 bushes that survived the winter I lost 4 bushes. I love fresh fruits and veggies. Please tell me how you fix your peppers to freeze. Mine come out mushie as does my melon. A real yuck to try to eat. I want to can tomato juice. I decided to put my green pepper and egg plants in containers to make more space for pole green, yellow, and lima beans. I also am adding several rows of sweet corn. Keep me posted on how your fruits and veggies grow! Thanks for clueing me into fitday.com

Amanda~The energy begats energy idea does work up to a point. I did get things done yesterday using that idea..........I am sorry to hear you got so sick breaking your fast. I went on a 2 week. I was fine with it until I ended the fast with a tuna salad sandwich. I got sever stomach cramps. Ended up in the hospital. End your fast gradually. Try broth, jello-light things the first day off the fast. The second day off your fast try rice, bread, applesauce and such. The 3rd day eat as normal. This is what the doctor told me. I went on a 40 day fast; it worked for me when I ended that fast. I do hope you are feeling better today Wait a while and try a short fast end it easy. you might be glad you tried again. I was glad I did.

Mindee~Thanks for the wonderful idea. Noelle and I walked all around the neighborhood. We didn't go far from home BUT we walked for 35 minutes! It was threatening rain. We could hear thunder in the distance, but we got in a nice walk. After lugging 16-40 pound bags of dirt twice. Are you feeling better today?

I am hoping the main breaking out part of the poison ivy is over and done with. The itch has let up some, but I still want to scratch. I do feel better.
My eating was better yesterday. I got in my 64 ounces of water. Water isn't one of my favorite thing. But it makes me feel better when I drink the water and cut back on the diet soda. Ladies I got in some veggies Fruit isn't a problem, I could live on fruit! I bought some fresh strawberries and yogurt. I used the yogurt as a dip and ate 7 big berries. I think as a snack I might try using fat free ranch dressing as a dip. It is worth a try!! If it gets the veggies down I am much better off. I am hopeful.

Everyone have a great day. I don't want to leave out anyone
Thanks Pat
Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #38  

Hi again, The weather has let up, I am going to plant my green peppers. I need to feel like I have accomplished something.

Mindee~ Noelle and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. We were gone for 40 min. Again, thanks for the wonderful Idea!! Hope you get in a walk around your complex today.

Have a wonderful good day ladies I am going to go get my hands dirty.
Pat
Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #39  

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Even though I put off the high blood pressure meds for so long, they do have one good side effect. Thanks to them being a diuretic, I've lost another lb...I was down to 170.8 this morning.

This may sound crazy, but for the first time ever, I can see myself being at goal, I can feel the self confidence...I can imagine myself taking pride in myself...this is a great feeling!! I've always wanted to lose the weight, but I never had the foresight to really believe or imagine myself doing it!

Well, hello to all of you...Jane, Marti, Mindee, Amanda, Pat, Sassy and anyone else I've forgotten!
Old 05-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #40  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

stopping in while I have a chance! right now the only one awake is Brandon, and he just woke up.

I got in a good 2.5 mile walk around the complex with Marissa this morning....then climbed in bed. Got up, got Brandon on the bus, then came inside to do my Leslie Sansone workout. So, by 9am, I already hit 10,000 steps! I am now currently sitting at 14,921. I also have to add that I finally broke the 233 mark! I stepped on the scale this morning and was 232.8!!!

the insurance issue is still not resolved. the worker didn't do what she said she was going to do. so, I have yet another call into her and the next time I call, I will be telling her that I am calling her supervisor. but I did get all the paperwork in the mail today that I should of gotten two months ago!

Pat~ You are very welcome! I am kind of glad that Marissa got up when she did and we got our walk in then, because now it is raining and I don't take them out to play/walk in the rain. Now, I will go and walk in the rain myself......but I won't take them out in it unless it is something mandatory.

Ruth~ I am right there with you on feeling yourself at goal! I stepped on the scale today an saw that I was weighing less then 233 pounds and it gave me the boast/kick in the pants that I have been needing big time! I am now more confident that I can continue with this exercise plan that I have set up for myself and I will be needing new clothes soon!
Old 05-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #41  

Good afternoon everyone.

Ruth-Mindee~It is not at all crazy to be able to see/picture in your minds eye what you will look like at your goal weight. It helps you own your goal. Never loose sight of that picture. On days that are difficult to get through see that picture and know that the difficult time will pass. CONGRATS!!!!!

I got 3 green peppers transplanted, a dwarf orange tree, and an English Ivy house plant. YEAH

I need to fix dinner now. Everyone have a wonderful evening. Pat
Old 05-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #42  

Pat, sounds like you have a green thumb! This is my first year to plant a flower bed...I managed to til the ground Saturday, we planted petunias and I transplanted some day lilies and an Easter Lily that my mom gave me last year. My husband bought impatients, but they need to be moved because the flower bed is in full sun. But I'm really proud of the shrubs I found this week. They are called Allison False Heather...type of Mexican Heather, they grow 2 ft tall and 2 ft wide and have purple flowers on them from spring til the first frost! I only have 3 right now...hopefully I will have about six more of them before the months over.

Thanks for the encouraging words about mental images. I really feel good about the effort I'm putting in now.

I talked to everyone tomorrow. I've got to study for a final tomorrow.

Take Care,
Old 05-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommysgirl18 View Post

I got in a good 2.5 mile walk around the complex with Marissa this morning....then climbed in bed. Got up, got Brandon on the bus, then came inside to do my Leslie Sansone workout. So, by 9am, I already hit 10,000 steps! I am now currently sitting at 14,921. I also have to add that I finally broke the 233 mark! I stepped on the scale this morning and was 232.8!!!

Ruth~ I am right there with you on feeling yourself at goal! I stepped on the scale today an saw that I was weighing less then 233 pounds and it gave me the boast/kick in the pants that I have been needing big time! I am now more confident that I can continue with this exercise plan that I have set up for myself and I will be needing new clothes soon!
Mindee, great job on the exercise! Between the sore shoulder/neck and a final that I have to study for I haven't been exercising, but I will after tomorrow night!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #44  

Hello Ladies.

I hope everyone is doing well. I decided to stick with fruits and veggies today. This morning until the end of my work day, I had 2 bananas, fresh pineapple chunks and a half cup of almonds. For dinner I had a small baked potato with a little bit of Smart Balance, salt and pepper. I also had a pita pizza. I took half a piece of pocket bread, then topped it with a quarter avocado, two tablespoons of diced tomatoes and two tablespoons of soy mozzarella. Foodwise, it's been a satisfying day. I was up so late last night because of my stomach that I don't think I'll be able to get in any exercise. I think I'm just going to go to bed in a short while.

Sassy_Chick, you are wise to allow your husband to experience the joy of cooking. A man who cooks is very attractive.

TommysGirl, I love the smell of fresh cut grass, but it gives me itchy eyes and throat. Usually I can get away with not having to take anything though. Don't you hate those allergy meds?
My fast was supposed to be for 10 days, but I'm a Master Cleanse dropout. I'm proud that I lasted four days.
I know you'll be glad when that insurance issue is in your rear view mirror. WTG on the workout.
Btw, what part of Michigan are you from?

Dixie, You ended up in the hospital?? That's intense. I will no longer complain about my night last night. If I had been thinking sensibly, I definitely would have had some broth. All I was thinking, though, was "Must eat now!!" I can't believe you made it through such long fasts. That's amazing. I'm thinking of doing it most weekends. I'm curious to see if it will still be beneficial to do it that way. Plus, it's so easy to overeat on the weekend. I'd kind of like the idea of food not being an issue. I've learned to deal with my weekday overeating, but the weekends are hard.
I love English Ivies. Give it an occasional shower to ward off the spider mites. Spider mites love English ivy plants. In fact, to be proactive, you might want to get some insecticidal soap for houseplants.

Short&Sassy, I don't think you're crazy at all. I think that you've had a taste of success and grasped the fact that you have the power to take control of your health. That's a major confidence booster. I'd definitely love to see you reach your goal. That would encourage the rest of us.

Well, I'm getting really sleepy. I'd better go.

Goodnight All.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #45  
~Believe~

Hey Gang.

Amanda -- yes a man that cooks + cleans is VERY attractive!! lol

Have a Good one!

Closed Thread