Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #91  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--ouch about the ankle. I'd keep Gaby. I've got everyone home right now. We moved all Ry's stuff out of the apartment. I've got one more basket to wash up and then he is going to start going through everything. He has SO many clothes, I didn't realize. He is going to go though everything and figure out what he's taking on the plane and then figure out what I will be sending out later and he is even going to give some to Goodwill. He flies into Seattle on Tuesday night.

Mindee--wtg on the exercising. Glad Tommy is being so supportive. Jerry's not so much. He gets insecure when I start losing weight.

Francie--Annapolis is BEAUTIFUL!! It sits on the Chesapeake Bay. (You'll get to see the bridge that I hid under the cover for) The Naval Academy is there. You will be just a short drive from the Atlantic Ocean. Baltimore and Washington DC are both close too with lots of cool places to see. If Ry was staying we would have to meet you and go to DC together.

Cristina--we have had a terrible time getting grass to go in our yard that still thinks it is woods. I have to mow the patches of grass and the weeds though.

Sassy--the rain is headed our way too. Luckily Ry and I got his bed & dresser and tv and other big stuff moved in my brothers truck before it hit. Moved everything else in me and Teri's cars. My knees are achy with the rain and going up and down the stairs moving stuff.

Katy & Sue--hope everything is well with both of you!!

I take Dominic to the cariologist for a checkup tomorrow. Well I am really tired so I will get off here!!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #92  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in before heading to bed! my little princess has decided that it is a tradition now to go for our nightly walk. she refused to go to bed tonight until we went for a walk.....and then she basically passed out while I was walking with her! I went for my same distance this time, but added another trip that was a little bit less around the complex.

Susie Q~ Ouch! I hope your ankle feels better. Alternate between ice and heat and keep it up as much as possible! Nope, I haven't really thought any more about getting a bike. But I know that Sassy was talking about getting one.

Francie~ How are you doing? I have been meaning to ask if Fonzo knows about your workout schedule and losing weight. Or were you keeping it as a surprise for him?

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! I haven't really lost that much weight, but I have noticed that it doesn't really bother him IF I get any glances from other men. But then again, he doesn't really have a say since he constantly gets ogled at by other women....so all I have to say to him is fair is fair and then he laughs!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #93  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jules..Just popping in quickly and saw your post. We also are having trouble getting a yard to grow. This used to be woods. And they had run cows in here also. You would think with all the cow s**t the yard would grow. Our back looks pretty good except where several trees have roots at the top of the dirt. We are going to mulch some more and take care of that. The front is what is driving us crazy. The builder had it done (poorly) and then he fixed part of it. (again poorly) Now DH put a Spring application on it and it didn't stop any weeds...looks terrible. So we are about to decide to pay a professional and get it done with a guarantee. On a positive note, all 7 of the trees we planted are doing beautifully, ferns all came back and things are looking good. I do want pretty grass though.
Hope Dominic gets a good check-up. What a doll baby.

Hi to everyone else...Glad to see you all posting. I am having a family lunch and visit tomorrow so cooked all day. I am pretty tired so be back tomorrow night.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #94  

Sue~ Have fun at your family lunch!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:57 AM   #95  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jules~I think Fonzo will be working at the Naval Academy (he is not an officer though). Everyone keeps telling me how pretty it is there. I'm just so excited!!!! I wish we could leave now, lol. I'm getting tired of this boring place, lol. I'm exciting to be visiting DC and all the places..especially NYC!!!

Mindee~Oh Fonzo knows. He's even been working out on the ship!! We wanna get hot for each other, like how we were before we got married, lol. Being married has made us extra soft, lol.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:30 AM   #96  
I was born this way hey!

So its 1:30am right now..and I'm so bored. I'm chatting with my friend..and downloading Lowrider Oldies, lol. I love the song I'm listening to right now. Its called "Angel Baby." I used to play it all the time when me & Fonzo started going out, lol. I miss him..
Old 05-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #97  
RosieKate

Francie- So glad your bad news turned into good news! Maryland will be such and adventure for you two...so sorry you have to be apart from Fonzo right now. Did you ever get some sleep?

Mindee- wtg on your loss...and the daily walks. Those are gonna make you feel so good, and its good for Marissa, too.

Susan- How's the ankle today..hope its feeling better. Good luck on the job application! You'll be in the 150s before you know it.

Sue
- Have fun with your family today. Your yard sounds lovely. I would love to live in the woods, but we settle for visiting my mother who has a nice wooded property.

Jules - Is Ry getting excited to move? How did Dominic's checkup go?

Cristina - Did the rain let up? Hopefully you can get your walk in without getting poured on.

Well, L got over whatever it was and went back to school yesterday. DH came home and puked on Wednesday, but he managed to rally and also was back at work yesterday. Crossing my fingers that no one else gets it. Today I hit the gym, then it's off to my spinning class! I maintained last week...not too bad considering I couldn't get out to the gym much. I did work in the yard and get some walking in. I'm getting in gear this week, tho', because I am real close to changing the ticker.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #98  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...hope your ankle is better today...be careful missy! Tough decision, kids/McD, hmmmm you'll figure it out. Gift boxes???? Are you talking about the favors? I finished the bags and was working on the candles but quit when it was postponed so...but I did get half of them done.

SUE...I like a nice lawn as well. This is growing but I think we are getting the weeds too, especially in the back for some reason. We did lose 2 trees, glad they were just baby trees. We had that freeze and then that ice storm which I think did them in. Have a nice lunch!

MINDEE...funny Marissa is liking the walks now, lol...that is good though, and good mommy daughter time. Glad Tommy is supportive of you in your weight loss, always nice to have that support.

JULES...how's baby Dominick? Hope all went well at the docs. Yeah, it's hard to have grass with so many trees. But I thought I read or saw somewhere that there is a type of grass that will grow in the shade...thinking I saw it on HGTV. Just can't remember what kind it is. Bet Ry is excited! But lots of hugs to you because I know you will miss him

KATY...love the new avatar! Such a handsome little man. And glad little L is feeling better, and hubby too! Hope you and J don't get it. Oh my goodness the rain is horrible! Today it is nice and I am thinking about getting out for a walk...kind of windy which is making it a little cool but we have had so much rain in the last few days our sump pump is working overtime. Had V check it last night because it was going off every few minutes and it didn't sound right. I did not want to wake up to a flooded lower level. Enjoy your day at the gym and spinning class.

FRANCIE...I am glad that it is somewhere that you want to go and so many places to see! You guys will have a great time for sure. Being in the service is definitely a way to see the world.

HIYA SASSY...hoping all is well with you!

No special plans for the day...going to get my walk in for sure other than that just being lazy. Actually, I am doing laundry and not really sure what else today. Don't really have any plans for the day.

Have a good one ladies!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #99  

Brandon did the ACES (All Children Exercising Simultaneously) walk for the American Cancer Society on Wednesday. He came home from school today with a t-shirt in his bag (that he had to put on immediately), a little certificate thanking him for walking and raising money for the ACS, and also a $5 gift card to Meijer.

I will have to take a picture of him with all his goodies he got. He also made me a "bouquet" of flowers for Mother's day, which I will also have to take a picture of here in a second.

I also stepped on the scale this morning and it told me 231.4!!!!! So, those walks are doing me a LOT of good! I even stepped it up a notch last night and walked around another time, but just around the driveways and not my normal path! I was going to go around my normal path, but it was cold out last night and my hands were freezing and so were Marissa's.

Francie~ Yup........marriage will do that to you! I noticed that I put on more weight before we got married, when we lived with each other and I was baby sitting our nieces at the house. I did notice when I went to fill in at one of my sisters works for a week, that I needed to get into eating on a schedule and not just when I wanted to!

Katy~ I agree with you whole heartedly! I love how I feel after I get back from our walks, and she sleeps a lot better then before we went for the walks. I even sleep better!

Cristina~ I am really enjoying the mommy daughter time and I am sure that she is as well. We haven't really encountered too many people on our walks, but when we do she lets them know that she is a happy baby!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #100  
I was born this way hey!

Katy~Thats what I've been saying..Maryland will be an adventure. I just hope I dont get sick of it, like I did here. LoL!! But theres a lot of drama here that I'm just ready to get away from. Ya..I finally did get to sleep. I had the hardest time though. First it was too warm in the room..then too cold..then too warm again. Finally I just turned up the fans, and pulled the warm blanket over me and fell asleep, lol. I'm so used to Fonzo's warm body, that I need that heavy blanket to help me fall asleep. OMG, I'm turning into my mother!!!

Cristina~Well..I havent seen much of the world. Fonzo has seen more of it than me. LoL!! But I'm secretly hoping we'll just stay in MD, so he can go to Europe and I can finally visit him at port, lol.

Mindee~I started packing on the pounds about a couple months after we got married, lol. I dunno what it was really. Maybe just from being too comfortable and more lazy. LoL!!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #101  

I don't know what causes it either, but I did notice that I was packing them on a lot easier after we had gotten married.

before we got married I was taking Metabalife and that helped me lose some weight, and then my grandpa died a week to the exact day and time before we got married. so we had his funeral on the Wednesday before we got married.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #102  
I was born this way hey!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. That had to be hard getting married without him being there. I noticed that when my mom passed away, my weight went up a lot more. I think depression can do that to you. Then when Fonzo deployed, that just added more stress and more drama..so I just ate away the pain. After he came home though, I realized I had a problem..and needed to lose weight.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #103  

After the wedding and all that, my mom told me that my grandpa had been trying to hold on long enough to see me get married. And in fact, when we were taking pictures under the Cherry Blossom trees at the church, as I asked my grandpa and his grandpa (we got married on his grandpa's birthday) to bless our marriage. And right as we stepped out from under the cherry blossom trees, it started to sprinkle and then it rained for the rest of the day until we got to the hotel after the reception.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #104  
I was born this way hey!

Aww..it was like he was there...
Old 05-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #105  
kitty Momo

TGIF!! -

I did a WI and I was 160.2, I will take it. I bounced up as high as 163 this week after the wild weekend of gin and tonic and wine. What an alkie I am becoming - lol . Forget it, I want to lose weight, no more indulging!!!!

Did I not get any of my post right?? Yes, Sassy was thinking of a bike, sorry Mindee. And gift boxes seem more fancy Cristina - lol....I think last I read you had 15 done out of 100?? Something like that. I should pay more attention. lol

My ankle is less sore today, thanks!!! I was sitting yesterday and my foot had gone to sleep without me feeling/knowing it. So when I stood to walk it was like a spaghetti string dangling in the air ..couldn't do anything with it and almost fell on my arse to boot!

Jules - Hope Dominic's cariologiest check up went ok today. Tell Ry it is suppose to be nice weather next week, up in the 80's , at least in Portland.

Katy - I am glad L is feeling better. Like the avatar too of DH, hope he is felling better!

Sue - Hey Bike Chick!! We miss you. A family lunch sounds like fun!

Francie - I agree w/ everyone else , Maryland will be so much fun to explore..and you can always hop a plane for Florida to vacation.

Mindee- Congrats on the 231!! All that walking is paying off, good for you! Cute about Marissa and liking her walk in the evenings.

Cristina - Come and do my laundry!! Ugh, I seem to have a load every day now. I was going to work on that stain on Gab's purple sweater. It is almost faded, maybe scrub some more. Still don't know about the weekend, I guess I owe McD some time since we really only get to see each other on the weekends. I don't know.

Hi to Sassy!!!!

I went to Freddies and picked up veggies for a salad this morning. I was in there yesterday at the deli and there was a Garden Delite for $4.99 a pound so I bought a little container for $2 which was ridiculous. I can make that, I thought. Duh. So, I did. Now I smell like low fat vinegar dressing. lol
I put cauliflower, yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, mushrooms. and cucumber in it....and you coat it w/ the dressing. I think an onion in in would add more taste. I might do that still since the girls won't eat it anyway. Also, I really don't like tomatoes but did that for color, but I could have used a red bell pepper. I just thought something different to eat over the weekend and I made 2 bowls of it so I might even give some to my mother (omg - for mothers day!! lol ). What a cheapie I am. haha.

Anyway - I better get my butt in gear. I bought cleanings supplies and plan an attack on my apt.My gift to myself for mothers day

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-09-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Closed Thread