Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #61  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, almost said good morning. Looks like it is early morning before the sun comes out...gloomy day today. I'm getting to where I really don't mind the rain.

FRANCIE...I usually turn the volume down very low on the work out dvds, the ones I have done so much I know, lol. I know the Leslie Sansone ones she does talk a lot! Sometimes I like it because she makes me laugh, she's kinda goofy but other times it's like...just shut up already! Regardless, I always have the radio on...I work better and it seems to go by faster with music. Hope you are feeling better today.

KATY...hope little L feels better soon, poor little thing. October is a slow month here as well, of course most days are slow for me, lol. But nothing really happening in Oct. and it would be great to finally get together with you ladies!

SASSY...does the lasagne in the bags freeze well? Meaning...does it still taste as good as when it was first cooked? I am such the weirdo and don't make anything extra because I despise leftovers and to me that is leftovers...I said I was weird, lol.

SUSAN...glad things worked out, seems like a pain in the arse isn't it? So much red tape now days for just about anything. You are doing great with your weight loss and 159 is soooo close I know you will get there!

MINDEE...good deal on the 12 pounds! Lots of good vibes to you on your challenge! :

HIYA JULES, & SUE!

Did part of my exercise and will do the rest in about a hour. The eating has been good so far this week. Of course it is only Tuesday, lol. Other than that not much going on. Doing a couple of loads of laundry and loads of reading!

Have a great day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-06-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #62  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

I had toast for breakfast 220 calories w/ some butter, which I haven't counted, so just figure 250? I think so. I was craving my carbs and that with coffee made me a happy chick!

Francie - Enjoy your jellies!! On Gab she looked naked and the last thing I wanted to see were her dirty little feet. lol I love Tamales the most out of all the Mexican food but fish is my favorite meal! sounds like you are doing super!!

Sassy - I love margaritas from Chevy's, they are huge and so yummy. lol anyway - thanks and I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!

Mindee- Yeah on that 12 pounds! Maybe cook on the weekends all your weeks meals would help?? Freeze stuff that way you just pop in the oven and have home cooking during the week when you get busy w/ appts??? Sounds good huh? I could never do it but my mom always told me to do that. lol

Katy - Hugs to L!! Hate when the kids are sick.

Cristina - I can not get into my last book, I think I will bag it and go onto something else.

anyway a big hi to Jules & Sue!!

I have to go get Gab in a second. Watched the Bachelor last night and had to listen to Rach fight with her boyfriend on the phone - finally unpluged the stupid thing because he kept calling up until 11pm. BS! Just need a vacation from these kids.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-06-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #63  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, I am still at a loss as to what I am going to make tonight for dinner for me and the kids. but I will figure it out here in a second!

we are hopefully having a date night this coming Saturday. we are going to go out to dinner with a set of the kids' godparents and then either go to a movie, bowling or to Dave & Busters. me and Tommy are hoping for the bowling option, but we will be happy with anything!

Katy~ I hope little miss L is feeling better now! we haven't had any puking issues in a while, so I am hoping that we don't get near any. The insurance issue is, well it should be figuring itself out. I am going to hold off and call tomorrow, since I was told it can take up to 48 hours to fix itself in the computer system.

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comments! And thanks for the good vibes!
Old 05-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #64  

SusieQ~ You snuck in on me! I have contemplated doing that, so maybe I will look into doing that. I have heard from some other mothers that they swear by it. So, maybe I will look more into it and just make sure that we have every thing on hand so I can do all my cooking.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #65  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick HI from me. Trying to get the house cleaned up and working on a grocery list so I can go shop. As it ends up we are having all DH's siblings and spouses here Fri. He has requested sloppy joe's, which isn't hard. But then I am also making potato salad, fruit salad, jello salad, spinach dip and taco dip. Now when they all bring a dish we will have a huge lunch. I was going to make pulled pork BarBQ, but he wants the other. Oh well, less hassle to make for me. I hope someone decides to bring dessert.

DH is doing yard work and I am going to plant some hens and chicks here in a little while. Hoping to get a few more plants in the ground before Fri. Lots I want to get done...You know how it is, put things off, then when you are getting company you have to finally DO it. LOL

Have a good day/week ladies. I will pop back if I can.

Last edited by suetalks; 05-06-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #66  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Happy Tuesday!!!!

Happy Tuesday Everybody!!!

I actually woke up BEFORE the alarm today -- a 1/2 hr early!!! That is an achievement for me!! lol. AND I feel GOOD! Well except my neck is aching for some reason, but other than that, I am feeling GREEEEAAAATT! You know what I think it is? I think I have been getting TOO much sleep! I know how can someone get TOO much sleep, esp with the hrs I work, but I think somehow my body does not need that much sleep and too much makes it feel worse?? I dunno its a theory. lol. Cuz this morning DH wanted to get his motorcycle permit and the BMV opened at 8 am and I get off work at 7 am. We got into our town about 7:20 am. So we grabbed some breakfast and then DH got his permit. By the time that was all over with and we watched "The Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a Half Men" it was a little bit after 9 am. We watched some tv in the bedroom and I think we went to sleep about 9:30 ish. Which is late for us. We usually are asleep by then. But I feel good. Weird.

I brung food tonight for dinner. Lastnight I did not bring enough and was STARVING by the time I got off of work, so to prevent that I brought enough to eat, if I don't eat it, I can just take it home.

It was hot today. It was 83 when I came into work this evening. It is still 77 outside. I hope it is nice when my mom comes up in two weeks......But I know if its not, its just being together that is important, but it'd be nice to get out and about during the day since I "normally" do not do that.

Well I am rambling away, aren't?? lol.

Cristina -- Yes it tastes the same. The Foodsaver bags are excellent, they keep out all the other foods and freezer burn so it stays fresh. I have even froze Spaghetti and just thrown it in hot water to thaw and its good to go.

Suzy Q-- I thought of you this morning. lol. We was watching "Dogs with Jobs" on National Geographic and they had a Deaf Dalmation and her name was "Suzy Q" She helped a little Autistic Boy........Mmmm Margaritas!!! I love em too........

Sue your dinner sounds yummy.......

Well I did go outside on my 1st break and walked. Just a few minutes, but it felt good to get up and move!!! I am doing what Paul McKenna said, add extra steps, so I can do this! And with DH's hrs changing to days, maybe we can take some short walks before the other one works as well! I am just really tired of being tired and movement is the key, no matter how small it is, every little bit helps I figure!

Well have an awesome night ya'all!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #67  

just popping in here before attempting to head to bed early. we shall see how far that goes, but at least it is a start!

I actually had to stop and come back to post this because Marissa woke up and I had to walk her around the complex! Who would have known that three complete times around the complex is 2.5 miles!

now I am off to bed.....
Old 05-07-2008, 02:44 AM   #68  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Hey..

Had a very weird day today. I woke up too early..then pretty much slept on and off all day. I did get in my workouts, so yay!! After I ate dinner though, I became very weak. My arms & legs felt like lead..so I ate some cheese and started feeling better after 20 mins.

Cristina~Leslie does talk about. I dont mind her, but I cannot stand the other people talking. They just annoy me, lol. Plus they dont sweat which is weird, lol. Thats why I like the biggest loser dvds. They sweat!!! You can tell they feel the burn, lol.

Susan~Can you make tamales? I really wanna learn how to make them. I already know what goes in it (my family would make them every year), but I just dont know how to actually make them, lol. Dh & I go through withdraws, lol. His sisters brought us some tamles..but there was no chili in it. Wth? It was weird and tasted gross. LoL!! I love my some hot red chili!!! Fonzo is messed up..he told me he had mexican food yesterday in San Diego. I wanted to go through the phone and slap him, lol.

Anyhoo..here's my latest creations. LoL!!

BTW..how to add attachments????

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-08-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #69  
kitty Momo

Happy Wednesday!

Week goes by so fast doesn't it??

Francie - Love the Blinges! I watched them make tamales as a little girl. On New Years my dad and mom hired a lady to come in and make them. Seems easy! Just make the masa and spread it on the corn husk thingie and spread the meat on, roll and tie and steam it. Ta Da...Tamales!! lol They are sooooo yummy. My mom buys them from a lady for $2 each, I tried some but didn't seem like enough meat to me.
Hope you are feeling ok!

Sassy - It is true, I think you can get too much sleep. zzzzzzzzZZZzzzz, not that I sleep. lol Great about the walking! Just added a little more time as you go and you will feel lots better, I think. ...not that I walk either. lol I like giving advice though!

Sue - Hope you have a nice visit w/ the family!

Mindee- That is nice about the date night! I am sure you guys will have fun no matter what you end up doing. I can sit in the car and enjoy myself with out kids around. lol .......and if there is a guy you are good to go....

Hi to Cristina , Jules and Miss Katy!!

I have tons to do. I did get my unemployment on time! I paid my ticket (no seat belt) phone and electric, I still have to go pay for gaby's next swim lesson and after that it is some grocery shopping and I will be broke again. lol
Gabster looked so sweet singing last night, my mom came too and we went to baskin/Robbins.
After that it went down hill w/ Miss Rachel who wanted to go to taco bell and I said no we have food in the house and she just had a fit and ruined my evening .What a brat, made gaby upset too.
Anyway - going to apply for a job today so cross fingers! I guess I am ready to get back to work, seems easier thing to do! SAHM's are Saints!! lol

Chow for now!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #70  
One day at a time

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!

I am a little confused today, lol. Oh wait, that's everyday Kidding, lol...I usually buy groceries on Thursday so I am thinking it is Thursday. Not sure why I did today except that I was hoping to do it before the storms. Supposed to rain today, tomorrow and I think Friday. Anyway...so now I have nothing to do tomorrow...maybe I will take in a show.

FRANCIE...when you go to post, at the bottom of the page it says 'manage attachments' click on that and then you can add pictures...I'm thinking that is what you are talking about. And the pictures are great...too freakin' cute! Speaking of tamales...I spent Christmas with my friend and her mother and grandmother fixed beef tamales for Christmas dinner....they were soooo good! I love mexican food, if it is good/true mexican food and not this stuff fixed by white people, lol. Although, there is a rest. here that is owned and ran by hispanics and it is the blandest mexican food ever...not bad, but very bland.

SUSAN...what are you reading that you are finding something else? I've had books like that but plugged thru them anyway just to get it done and out of the way, lol. I am loving To Kill A Mockingbird...making want to find the movie and watch it. I've seen it before but it was sooo long ago.

MINDEE...I have a friend who freezes lots of stuff...she will make a ton of spaghetti sauce and freeze it, chili, chicken and other stuff. She works lots of hours and the last thing she wants to do when she gets home is be in the kitchen for long. I think it's great for busy moms! Glad the insurance is getting straightened out. Hope you guys get to go bowling like you want.

SASSY...yay for walking! I love those shows...we watched them on Monday and OMG...Two & 1/2 Men was so funny, kind of dirty...I am surpirsed they let them do a show with so much sex talk and it no be on cable, lol. I know for me when I sleep too much/too long it makes me feel worse. I usually will get up with a headache.

SUE...we do tend to do that don't we? I know I have some things I want to do and need to do but not sure when I will get around to doing them...maybe when company comes, lol. Sloppy joes sound good right now, lol. Hope you enjoy your company!

KATY...hoping little L is feeling better today.

JULES...hoping all is well with you.

Nothing going on with me today. Went and bought groceries today. Overslept which messed up my litte schedule and so far no exercise done. I may do a 50 minute dvd later, don't know. May just take a free day today We'll see...my body is hurting though, from not exercising. That's about my day...gloomy day making me want to sleep.

Have a good one!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-07-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #71  
One day at a time

HIYA SUSAN....snuck in there while I was typing. Did Gaby have a program at school? No seat belt...WHAT? Lol When that law first came out I had the hardest time trying to buckle up, but then I thought what would the kids think and they did ask why I wasn't wearing one, lol...I know here they passed it that if I cop sees a passenger without one they can stop you and ticket you. Still see lots of people holding babies in their laps though. Anyway...glad you got paid on time! Hope you have a good day!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #72  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~It sounds that easy..but dont you have to steam them or something?? I cant remember. Plus, you have to add chili to the beef or something like that.

Cristina~I agree about true good mexican food. We're hispanic (I'm spanish & puerto rican..and Fonzo is spanish. I can relate more to my spanish side though)...my grandma (or Nana as I call her)..makes the best tamales ever!! I could kick myself for not learning how to make them. I used to make my own tortillas when I was little. But I dont remember how to do it anymore, lol. Theres a pic of me doing it too, lol. I even had my own little rolling pin. Omg..I wish I knew how to make sopapillas and pastelitos. Mmmmm I want some now!! I wanna go home!! LOL!! Every Christmas me & Fonzo make menudo. It takes so good with sourdough bread, lol. This year I wanna make tamales. I just hope we move to a place that sells the stuff to make it. Omg..when my mom came to visit in 2005..she brought us 20 tamales. And Fonzo inhaled all of them!! I only had one!!! LoL!! I miss him making chorizo in the mornings. I love how the stuff smells. Reminds me of home..lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-07-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #73  

stopping in while I have a chance! right now the only one awake is Brandon, and he just woke up.

I got in a good 2.5 mile walk around the complex with Marissa this morning....then climbed in bed. Got up, got Brandon on the bus, then came inside to do my Leslie Sansone workout. So, by 9am, I already hit 10,000 steps! I am now currently sitting at 14,921. I also have to add that I finally broke the 233 mark! I stepped on the scale this morning and was 232.8!!!

the insurance issue is still not resolved. the worker didn't do what she said she was going to do. so, I have yet another call into her and the next time I call, I will be telling her that I am calling her supervisor. but I did get all the paperwork in the mail today that I should of gotten two months ago!

Francie~ I have a lot of days where I feel like that! I love your pictures!!!

Susie Q~ I am sure that we will have fun no matter what the plans are, as well. It has just been so long since we have gone bowling....and we have both talked about going when Brandon went with his class.

Cristina~ We are getting rain right now, and they said something about thunderstorms at some point in time. The power has already gone out two or three times on me. Which means, that when the power goes out, so does our cable/internet/phone.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #74  
kitty Momo

Afternoon -

Francie - Minor details on steaming and adding chili!! lol - jk.
I did say to steam it though, don't want raw masa. I think the hardest part is making the little tie so they don't come apart. I think when you cook the meat you add in your spices at that time. I really don't think it is all that hard, not like some other Mexican dishes. We should try it some time!! I love tamales........now I am hungry for tamales and a margarita! YUM I am Hispanic/ Irish. I don't know where my love for fish comes from

Cristina - I was reading Jennifer Wieners/Weiners (I keep forgetting) The Guy Not Taken, it was short stories and I found it boring, no one you could really invest your time into . lol So, I picked up some Elizabeth Berg books because I read in People about her "The day I ate whatever I wanted" and it had a good review.
Also placed holds on "The Story of Forgetting" by Stefan Block and "The Girls and Their Brother" by Theresa Rebeck, all had good reviews so we'll see.
I love To Kill a Mockingbird! I never have seen the movie.
It was a school program - the K class sang 3 songs and we had the 1st and 2nd graders too. Very impressed w/ the music teacher, he had them singing about world peace, loving their neighbors and finding joy in themselves.......it was cute. The K's though sang about trains and horses....still adorable.

Mindee- Bravo for breaking the 233 mark to 232!! I bet that feels good, congrats.

k- just wanted to pop in and say howdy. I am exhausted. Chat tomorrow and hello to everyone!!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #75  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~Congrats on the 232!!!

Susan~Ah yes..i totally missed it where you said to steam it, lol. For some reason, I just remember them taking forever to make them. Maybe thats why I think its hard. Although, they were making enough for the entire family.

Heres an odd fact that I found out today. You know you have big boobs when, you find your kitty fast asleep inside one of the cups, lol. And not only that, but she has her arm through one of the straps!! LoL!!!
Closed Thread