Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Thank you, Isabella, for telling me about this link! I hope I can find it again! I live in Conception Bay South, and I am on WW, with a little exercise thrrown in for Badness! This site is really great!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #77  

Hi Kofarq....There is nothing like a little Badness now and then Linda
Old 05-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #78  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am so happy to see lots of new Canuks on our thread! This rocks!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 247/173/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning!

Today as my weigh-in day and I'm down 2 pounds! That puts me at 4 away from being in the 160's! I never thought in a MILLION years I'd see that!!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Red View Post
Good morning!

Today as my weigh-in day and I'm down 2 pounds! That puts me at 4 away from being in the 160's! I never thought in a MILLION years I'd see that!!
WTG Ruby Red and good morning to all you crazy Canuks
Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #81  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Job well done on the loss Ruby Red!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #82  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

'mornin everyone!

to the new folks, RubyRed, Soon to be slim and Kofarq

WOW, this thread is really expanding in membership...ooops, wrong choice of words...er....growing, yeah, that's it, growing in membership. Someone has to tell the gov't that whatever they're doing to make us Canucks aware of the need to be healthier, it's working Pretty soon, we will qualify for our own 'real' sub-forum.

Meowee, it's too bad you didn't have a nice warm sunny day for meandering the market.

ETA: Hali, according to www.drugs.com/celexa.html, Celexa is also an SSRI. Apparently, very few antidepressants are the MAOI type. I know that I didn't have that 'high as a kite' reaction when I combined my decongestant and my Effexor. It is only a decongestant, tho', not a combination antihistamine/decongestant and it is the only such one on the market of which I'm aware (and it's hard to find). Things like Nyquil, Contac, etc. are all combinations of decongestants and antihistamines. Some antihistamines conk you out, others can really 'perk you up', so that may have been it.

Tammy, there are several folks from QC, and I'm just across the river I was born in QC, I used to live in Pte-Claire, and our cottage/future retirement place is in QC, so I have always considered myself a Quebecer (<== why does that spelling not look right?)

We used to get WW stuff in the stores here, but I haven't looked for any for some time...I recall I used to eat their fudgsicles. They weren't bad.

Saw my doc for my BP...he has added a diuretic to my meds, and explained that regardless of what I'm doing for my health now, my BP will go up 'cause I'm getting older...I swear, my warranty ran out the second I hit 40.

Yesterday, I saw a 225.something number for the first time, and that was before I took the new diuretic meds. Since my Mother's Day goal is 225, looks like I may just squeak by there...I am staying off the scales 'til Sunday morning, tho'

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by Daffy29; 05-09-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #83  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Red View Post
Well....I'm new..obviously lol I'm 26 and finally starting to see the results I've been after my entire life! I've always been a "plus size girl" until recently! My highest weight was 247, and I'm currently at 175, with the hopes of reaching 130ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon to be slim View Post
Hi gals...I'm also from canada can i join? I'm for sure a crazy Canuk
Hi Ruby Red and soon to be slim, glad you found us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
Thank you, Isabella, for telling me about this link! I hope I can find it again! I live in Conception Bay South, and I am on WW, with a little exercise thrrown in for Badness! This site is really great!
Hi Kofarq, my son lives in CBN. We're out that way a few times a year at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy29 View Post
Yesterday, I saw a 225.something number for the first time, and that was before I took the new diuretic meds. Since my Mother's Day goal is 225, looks like I may just squeak by there...I am staying off the scales 'til Sunday morning, tho'
Great job on reaching your goal. Just take it easy on the food until Sunday morning.

It's chilly here today and still somewhat overcast. It looks like we might get rain but no drops yet. We haven't had rain in nearly 3 weeks and could use some (but not on the days I jog!). Tomorrow I weigh in and I hope I have at least a little result to "make my day." I haven't been off plan with either eating or exercising all week but that matters naught when the body decides to hang on to that extra insulation for another few days. Tomorrow I'm going to have an old-fashioned on plan Newfoundland cooked dinner (well as traditional as a vegetarian version can be), sit and relax and do not much at all. See you all tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

hey everybody!
And welcome to the fellow newbies!!
Its gonna be warm here for the weekend....hoping to start building my greenhouse! (would be a great mothers day present if hubby would finish it!! )
Im down about 9 lbs ( i think..having some scale discrepancies) since i began my 'life changes" (drinking lots of H2O, exercising daily, eating fruits & veggies) and im so excited! Its looking like my goal is actually attainable!- as long as another baby doesnt come along this summer!! lol
Rubyred- Great job!
Daffy- good job om your goal!
Isabella- yup...getting stuck in the mud together is pretty funny...usually AFTER the fact....

So have a great weekend to you all!
Karla
Old 05-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #85  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies!!

Busy day for me... son had his first dentist appointment, he was awesome! I went for my weigh-in this afternoon and I'm down to 245, was 244 in the morning on my scale but I don't usually count it. I lost 5 lbs this week, I'm a champ!! LOL

I see we have a few more awesome losses the last few days, congrats to all, keep up the good work!!

Anyway, off to post my exercise for today and then maybe play a little pogo before I hit the sack. I'll be back in the morning.

Take Care
Old 05-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #86  
Recovering perfectionist

Talking

mornin', everyone.

Well, it seems everyone is losing to some extent or another this week, and that's great. The way I look at it, any week without a gain is a good week.

Retired, I'm curious...how does one do a traditional Nfld dinner, vegetarian-style? Do you replace the fish with tofu?

So, I was not able to stay off the scales this morning. They wavered between 225.0 and 225.2, but settled on 225. So I made my Mother's Day Challenge, and more importantly, I have now officially lost that healthy 10% of my starting weight.

We've got grey and gloomy here, again. DS saw a Great Blue Heron flying over the house this AM, headed for the city. Probably going to try to get some sun at a tanning salon, poor guy. We got a few warm sunny days a few weeks back and it's been like fall ever since. I think we've been getting all your rain, Retired.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping by to congrats all of us on a great week and looking forward to the new week !!! Not much sunshine here either but a nice enough day to work outside and spend quality time with DH and DS.

Have a great Saturday all, i'll check back in tonight :-)

Tammy
Old 05-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #88  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy29 View Post
Retired, I'm curious...how does one do a traditional Nfld dinner, vegetarian-style? Do you replace the fish with tofu?
I didn't do a fish dinner. I made what we call a "cooked" dinner or "jigs dinner" down this way. I had potato, turnip, carrots, greens (I did beet greens but the usual would be cabbage or turnip greens), peas pudding (Cooked yellow split peas, traditionally done in a pudding bag lowered into the boiling dinner, but I boiled mine in a small pot.), and a vegetarian "meat" pattie made with nuts and other ingredients, and lots of gravy. A traditional dinner would have a big hunk of salt beef or pork and a roast of fresh beef, chicken or turkey. All the vegetables and puddings are cooked in the same pot as the salt meat and everything is salty and very well cooked. I like to do my vegetables separate and of course my dinner is not as salty either. Some people boil a plain or onion or raisin or blueberry pudding or do a "pastry" (which is sort of like a biscuit) to go along with dinner. The plain or onion pudding or pastry is served with the dinner and usually a good serving of gravy. A blueberry or raisin pudding would be served as dessert.

I haven't found a good substitute for fish but I'm not opposed to experimenting and eating until I find something I like.

Anyway, dinner was delicious and I only ate one serving of everything, including a cupcake and a piece of chocolate cake filled with whipped topping and strawberries (1/24th of an 8-inch cake). I still have a few calories left over for a very light supper so I'm still on plan. The cupcake and cake were planned for my treat day. BTW, I lost 2 pounds when I weighed this morning so a light supper it will be. But I'm guessing next week will be low weight loss week as I seem to go that way after a bigger loss. This means I've lost 18 pounds since January 2 (8 of those since I joined 3FC).
Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 AM   #89  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning . . . and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY . . . Even if you don't have any 'real' kids, I bet you "mother" something.

So have a great day, doing fun stuff, and I will see you later.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #90  
Recovering perfectionist

morning, all! Happy Mom's Day to us all...

Retired, congrats on the shed pounds. I used to play hockey with a bunch of girls from Nfld...I'd heard of jiggs dinner, but not details...sounds yummy, but with the potential for lots of calories if done really traditionally. I'd never heard of peas pudding...sounds interesting; I may just try that one of these days.

DS and I woke up early (for a Sunday) to bright sunshine. We made our Sunday special brekkie (scrambled eggs/low-fat egg substitute mix, bacon, and home-made fresh fruit smoothie) then took the dog for an off-leash ramble through the park and ravine nearby...a great start to a beautiful day.

Have a great one, everybody
Closed Thread