Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #256  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! Its Friday of a long weekend for some!
And the first day of summer holidays for the kids.

Hi Larua! I currently live in Kitchener. Jobs are ok. There is a bit of a twitch with job losses related to the auto industry. But the job availablilty retail and tech wise is awesome. Bachelor apts run $450 - $550. Several years ago we paid $650 for a one bedroom. We have lived in both Kitchener and Waterloo. Although very close communities have thier own distict personality. Public trasit is going thru another great up grade. You can get pretty much anywhere in the two cities in under an hour. Gas price last night was $1.345. Milk is $4.29 for 4L. Bread is up to $2.49 a loaf. Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4''

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHood View Post
Good morning all! Its Friday of a long weekend for some!
And the first day of summer holidays for the kids.

Hi Larua! I currently live in Kitchener. Jobs are ok. There is a bit of a twitch with job losses related to the auto industry. But the job availablilty retail and tech wise is awesome. Bachelor apts run $450 - $550. Several years ago we paid $650 for a one bedroom. We have lived in both Kitchener and Waterloo. Although very close communities have thier own distict personality. Public trasit is going thru another great up grade. You can get pretty much anywhere in the two cities in under an hour. Gas price last night was $1.345. Milk is $4.29 for 4L. Bread is up to $2.49 a loaf. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Julia...... appreciate your time telling me that.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #258  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Another rainy and humid morning and I have a weather-induced migraine.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #259  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Big wave from muggy and misty Delta, Ontario. This is usually the weekend when the camping park is plugged but it's a bit sparse over there. Constant rain and gas prices are having an impact. Doesn't look good for Canada Day celebrations but we're hoping the forecast is wrong.

I live smack dab in the middle of the Rideau Lakes tourist area and summers are really busy around here. Aside from the usual weekend stuff, we have a studio tour, a Neil Diamond tribute show, a beef BBQ and a Bingo over at the park today. And then there's the private stuff as everyone seems to entertain this weekend. Delta is not a sleepy little Mayberry in summer!

(Hey, Joy. I'm in Kingston a lot. Let me know if you'd like to meet for coffee. I'm really not a pervert - ask Meowee. )

Now if it would just stop raining for an hour or so, I could finish planting.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-28-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #260  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Yahoo!!! Made it.
What a lousy weekend so far- it seems like we are never going to get summer. We had planned a nice weekend at the cottage but it is pouring rain so we are not in any rush. Add to that the dog was sick all last night- poor thing so we have some extra cleaning and washing to do. Trying to look at the bright side my yard has never looked better and the trees are growing like crazy!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #261  

Red face

Hi gals

Did my workout this morning. Then i went and returned an item and did a bit of necessary shopping. Just had some swiss chard......i know it's good for me, i know it's good for me, i know it's good for me.........but god i hate the grit in it. lol

Have a good evening everyone x

Old 06-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #262  

Red face just checking something.......

See if this goes through......i keep having to sign in again! lol
Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #263  

Red face

Morning chickies

Well....i must admit i haven't been too careful with my food choices the past couple days and then there was that Martini Monday! Just been in one of those " I'm not losing weight by being perfect with my calories and exercise so frigg it " moods. I expected to gain about 4 lbs but was pleasantly surprised to see i've either stayed the same or lost .5. That's the thing with my body and i read another gal's post that said the same thing: i don't gain weight particulary easily ( unless i'm eating sugar stuff) but i sure as heck can't seem to lose it. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm sooo frustrated.

Also wondering if anyone else here uses workout dvd's? I love my Turbo Jam but also like variety. Any suggestions.....bearing in mind i live in an old hollow house with no sound proofing - lol!

Have a good day everyone x

Old 06-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #264  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Today looks like an instant replay of yesterday. they are suggesting there might be a little bit of sun on Monday and Tuesday, but with humidity so high it will feel like its still raining anyway. Feel sorry for those who decided to turn this into a four day weekend around here.

Nothing too exciting for me . . . headache is still niggling at the edges of my brain and wter weight and puffy ankles are still with me even though I definitely ate better yesterday. Guess today will be one of those "drink as much water as possible" days to see if I can get rid of the puffiness.

Hope you all have a great weekend and that your Canada Day weather is doing a little better than mine.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #265  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Good Morning . . .

Today looks like an instant replay of yesterday. they are suggesting there might be a little bit of sun on Monday and Tuesday, but with humidity so high it will feel like its still raining anyway. Feel sorry for those who decided to turn this into a four day weekend around here.

Nothing too exciting for me . . . headache is still niggling at the edges of my brain and wter weight and puffy ankles are still with me even though I definitely ate better yesterday. Guess today will be one of those "drink as much water as possible" days to see if I can get rid of the puffiness.

Hope you all have a great weekend and that your Canada Day weather is doing a little better than mine.
Oh i hope you're feeling better soon, Meowee. I've had weather induced migraines too......yuck.

Feels like a fall day here in Halifax. If it's humid, i'm not noticing it as it's so breezy and cool.

take care, L
Old 06-29-2008, 08:49 AM   #266  
Come on Spring!

Well, it actually stopped raining for a while yesterday afternoon but was back at it again by bedtime! This morning the sun snuck out for a bit but we're back to drizzle again now. My feet are webbed now - Hershey's already were. (She's a Portuguese Water Dog.)

Spoke with my son yesterday who had major grumps! He has a cottage in the Gatineau is not enjoying soggy weekends. I think he actually expected me to do something about it!

I'm off to Kingston for dog obedience training this morning in a spotlessly clean car. The good thing about the rain is the bird poop and road dust is washed off.

Meowee, sorry you are still dealing with that. Hope it leaves soon.
Have a sunny Sunday, no matter what the weather.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 06-29-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #267  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Looks like we are going to get some "sunny breaks" today to make life worthwhile for all of those who booked off for four day weekend. It is supposed to stay pretty sticky though and think I'll be sticking close to home and doing the exercising on the Gazelle again. Worked out well for me yesterday and I finally got rid of the water weight and got back to my 214.5 weight again. That gives me an average for June of 218.8 or another 3 pounds sent to ugly-pound-heaven. Of course, changing scales probably has a lot to do with it, but I've changed my ticker to reflect a new and lower decade at long last; so I really don't care how I got there, I'm claiming it.

Canuk question for today -- heard this on Breakfast Television this morning -- apparently there is a lot of controversy out there right now about whether the July 1 holiday should be officially changed to the closest Monday. What do you think?????

Jave a good day, gang . . . try to keep things moving and shaking, regardless of whether you are working or not.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #268  
Come on Spring!

Well, it sure would make it more convenient to Have Canada Day always be a long weekend. Think we could convince the USA to do the same but hit the following weekend? Fat chance! It would be like changing Christmas, I guess.

We actually have some sunshine this morning after yet more rain last night. I have a lake of mud around my barn where the lads did the grading so need to get a landscaper in to seed or sod soon. Maybe astro-turf for ease of upkeep?

A busy week ahead with celebrations, Canadian and American, the usual community stuff and the wee wedding on Saturday. I will survive!

Right now I'm going to venture out and either plant the rest of my flats or take them to the compost pile! Enough already!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:55 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy Canada Day!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #270  
Onward and Downward

Same to you Susan and everybody else, too.

Okay since it is a brand new month, let's trot on over here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...65#post2249565

See you soon . . .
Closed Thread