Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldly Chicks May Mayhem

There you go - we are nowhere and everywhere. Maybe we should be madly moving or something but the brain is not active this morning and the computer is not co-operating and life is getting sillier by the moment.

There is something about a dog which says:
Take it easy
Take naps
Is it really worth getting upset over
Love you, love you, love you
Puff and huff

This is what animals get up to when we are at work.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SITTING HERE LAUGHING AT BOTH DOGGAGE PICTURES! SURE RUTH WILL LOVE THEM. THANKS FOR THE MOVE SHAD. HAVE A SAFE TRIP HOME. GLAD YOU CAN SQUEEZE IN MELBOURNE ALSO WITH THE SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST'S RETURN TO JK. LOTS OF HOME TIME! SUNDAY WILL BE THRILLED!!

I WAS LISTENING TO TV AND HILLARY AND JOHN MCCAIN WANT TO LOWER GAS PRICES AT LEAST FOR THE SUMMER SO FAMILIES CAN STILL GO ON VACATIONS. THEY DON'T SEEM TO BE GETTING ANY HELP ON THAT. BUSH AND OBAMA ARE HEATEDLY AGAINST IT. SIGH. THANK GOD MINE RUNS ON BATTERIES!!
NOTHING NEW HERE. JUST SKATING BY. I THINK MY MAY MAHEM WILL BE MARIE'S VISIT AND MY CLOTHES CLOSET! GOING TO TACKLE IT OVER THE WEEKEND LIKE I SAID.
HAPPY THURSDAY
Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

May Mayhem! I love it and love the doggage pic. They sure know how to relax!
Here's Hershey on the couch in the back room with her tail covering her girly bits!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-01-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

May Mayhem....yep.

Indiana HAS to get a new plate every 4 years, stickers for that plate on the other years. The 187.65 is just plate renewal. I went from a personalized plate of Swt Pea (Sweet Pea) to a regular plate. Didn't want to fork over an additional 50 bucks for vanity. Indiana is the "screwball" state. haha

Rain coming in for the mini-marathon this weekend. Today starts the Indy 500 month of mayhem. Lots of crazy people in Speedway/Indianapolis Indiana this time of year. Go Danica!! She is so dang tiny and cute. hmmmmm, maybe I don't like her afterall. ;^)

Have a marvelous day, love the doggie picture.

Love and Hugs
Old 05-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad. I'm totally into the dog philosophy. We'd be much better off if we were all that way - particularly the I love you, love you part.

Loved the pics too - including Hershey.

Not very talkative today. Lots of stress lately and yesterday as I was working with a co-worker I got zing, zing, zing out of no where back spasms. Back is tender today so I'm going to go about my day gently.

Sorry I haven't been doing much here, last night we went to a volunteer appreciation thing at the Humane Society. Felt like saying - HEY it isn't ALL about the dogs, is it? Felt very bad that I couldn't go see my kitty buddies but they had quieted them down for the night and DH said I shouldn't get them all riled up. Anyway - I told DH that this was just another reason why we need to keep doing our cat work there.

I gotta hit the shower. Happy May Day to all. Hope there is more spring blooms than thundershowers for us all
Old 05-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday everyone and Happy Month of May!

Spamalot was AWESOME! It was extremely funny and very silly - just like Monty Python. If you thought the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail was funny, you'd really like this! My DH loved his birthday present!

Ruth - I can't believe it snowed by you! Sheesh - you've had enough snow already! And US$5 a gallon - I guess we should stop complaining as it could be worse. Hershey looks so cozy and adorable! What a sweetie!

Patty - I definitely agree with you...the economic stimulus rebate is great, and lowering interest rates is also good. But something has to be done about the increased gas and food prices.

Shad - That is such an adorable photo! Two of my dogs play like those pups - it's so cute! I'm glad to hear you're heading back home for a couple months. Thanks for starting the new thread! And what a great way to start...with a great dog photo and a bit of doggie wisdom.

Rennie - I think it's always a good thing to get a bargain whenever you can. Especially in today's economy! YGG!

Annie - I'm a Danica Patrick fan too, and so glad she won the race a couple weekends ago. Hopefully, she'll do well at Indy.

Happy - Sorry to hear work is stressful. Since I moved out of IT, my stress level has reduced dramatically. I hope your back feels better. Back spasms/back pain really sucks! I recommend doing some gentle stretching while lying flat. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you some links to stretches to alleviate back pain. I signed up for the TBL Just Beachy, but how do I know if I got assigned to a team. And what's the exercise bank balance? I'm confused.

Big and to everyone!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
The picture is adorable.

Ruth
I've decided to do South Beach again as a life style change not so much as a diet. Hershey is so cute. Animals can almost become human's at times.

Happy
Ouch on the back spasms. Sorry to hear about the stress at work.

Mel
Don't over do cleaning out those closets. I did mine a couple of week ago.

Hello to Michelle, and Annie.

It's a beautiful day. I'm thinking about a walk outside.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #8  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey CeeJay - I'm glad it's a beautiful day where you are too. Here it's 52 and windy, but sunny (for now - it's supposed to rain starting this afternoon through Saturday). So I took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk at lunch. I feel much more energized now.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

I didn't get my initial weigh in submitted for TBL, so I guess I'll miss this challenge. That's okay though - I'll stick to my program this time around.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #10  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Michelle - I didn't get to answer at lunch time but that's true You've missed this round of the challenge. I wished I had known or remembered if that's the case - that you wanted in. I would have partnered with you. We can still figure something out for the sidelines
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #11  
Creating a Healthier Me

Yup, Happy, I did want in on the Just Beachy challenge....Oh well, I snooze, I lose, I guess. There will be other challenges. And I'll be cheering you and your team on from the sidelines.

Last edited by diyana; 05-01-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Haven't worked out this Black Team Biggest Loser yet. But I guess I will slowly catch up.

Yep I am home. And I don't know if I will ever be able to travel cattle class again. That plane had skybeds!!! Folded down flat and you just stretched out and nodded off. In fact the seat had an infinite variety of positions you could put it in and the biggest drawcard of all...... wait for it. A button which gave the back a massage and vibration. Ohhhh yeah. Like I said, will I ever be able to go back to economy after that????

Can't stop for long today. I need to get myself into gear and go shopping for food, go to the shed, clean the bathroom and prune the roses. Lucky I had a good nights sleep hey!

Todays animal doings:

Last edited by Shad; 05-01-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #13  
Smackin' into a Wall

Shad, thanks for the new thread. I love the title - it's pithy and snappy.

I have a wicked sinus headache tonight and the computer monitor is hurting my eyes, so I'm calling it a night. I'll be back tomorrow, nose willing.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

happy
are you burning the midnight oil too. Can I ask a question? How much are you paying yourself to exercise. This is a good idea.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:42 AM   #15  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Today has turned out to be a great day. The weather was wonderful. My son got thru surgery without a hitch. He will be sore for awhile but he is going to be ok. His new girlfriend babied him all evening of course lol. The house is straightened up, the laundry is done, the animals are doing what animals do at this time of night, which is sleep lol. I have one more workout to do and then I am done for the night. Got a bit behind because I was at the hospital from 9 am until 1 pm and that was a workout time. All is right with the world in my little neck of the woods
Closed Thread