Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:26 AM   #31  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Trish~WTG on losing 10 pounds!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!

Sue~You have a flower garden?? That is so cool!!! I took floral design in school and always wanted my own garden.

Jane~I hate allergies. Thankfully, I took some meds and it went away for a lil bit. Hope you're feeling better too.

Short N Sassy~I have one bowling game and the games that it came with. Which is what we mostly just use. The next game I'm gonna get is Cooking Mama. I have it for my DS and I LOVE it!! Its a lot of fun. When Fonzo gets back home, we're gonna get Pirates of the Caribbean so we can sword fight. As for the exercise..well..my arms are killing me. I've been playing a lot of the bowling, tennis, baseball & boxing games. I'm useless at golf, lol.

I had a very fun day with Fonzo. We wrestled each other, lol. It ended up being a workout, lol. We walked to Subway too. Except when it started raining on us. But thats WA for ya.

Oh ya..I found out that I'm on the Blue Team for the Biggest Loser Challenge. I'm so very excited about it. I get to start my workouts tomorrow..Woohoo!! I cant wait!!

Well..I shall go for now.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #32  
I was born this way hey!

Just letting you all know..I posted some pics in the 20 something photo page!!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies.
The coffee is brewing and it's Monday......am I ready for it? I think so. I'm a bit behind so lets see if I can catch up a little.

Francie--You and hubby are just so darn cute together!! Love the photos!

Ruth--She did go by Jana! And I'm not sure if you even remember me, but I was MNJ to start with.

Mindee--Thanks for sharing the photos, they were great!! Looks like everyone had lots of fun.

Katenicole--I have been slacking too. I usually try to keep up w/everything even if I'm sick...this last week just went out the window! This week will be different!

Jane--I'm so glad to hear that Jackson is home and feeling better, and how wonderful that grandma is going to take care of him today!

Sue--I worked on cleaning up my yard most of the day yesterday. It's a bit overwhelming but I was happy to see sprouts coming up! I'll never have a green thumb, so thankfully most of the things planted are perennials!

Trish--Fantastic on losing 10lbs!! That's great!! And very motivating isn't it? Keep up the great work!

Pat--Looks like the girls pointed you in the right direction for the ticker and avatar. Let us know if you need more help.

Shyla--Water for me makes a huge difference....which always has me wondering why it's so difficult to get it in! Looking forward to getting to know more about you!

Ellen--Did the normalcy ever come?? Are you rested??

Hello to all the other gals, I apologize if I missed ya.

Today is a new day. I still feel ill, cough is hanging on, but I've got to get the exercise in. It makes a huge difference when I don't.

Eating hasn't been bad but I can definitely say it wasn't all that good either.

Ok...time to have that cup of coffee.

Chat w/you girls later!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Ladies, I tried to make a ticker. When I got to the copy and paste at the end something glitched. It would not do it. I will try again later today. I need to remake the whole thing from beginning to end. The scale said 198 this morning. All the information is wrong. Thank you all for your help.

I woke up this morning with a headache that just won't quit. Breakfast was 2 Tylenol and a glass of water. Then I ate a container of yogurt with almond slivers. I am so sick and tired of waking up each morning feeling sick and tired. Time for a change. I cut way back on my sugary carbs I didn't drink water yesterday Need to cut way back on the diet soda, think I am addicted to it.

I live in Lafayette Indiana Jane I am miles North of you. Indianapolis is 65 miles from here. You live in a very historic town. I have been there a couple of times. Would like to visit again soon. I love history.

Have a great day ladies and thank you all for your help Pat
Old 04-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #35  

Hi Dixie, hope you are feeling better? Is it the change in your diet that is giving you the headaches?

Marti, I do remember MNJ..the username, truthfully not to much about anything else. It is great to be posting with you guys again...this site has been a great motivational tool through the years...especially when I stick to it.

Francie, my friend played the dance one last night and said it was a workout, after she understood what she was suppose to be doing...I will just probably play the ones that came with it until my grandson comes for the summer, then I will buy some more games.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here while I have a quick second! I am trying to eat some ramon noodles at the time of typing this.....so I am trying to do this without getting anything on the laptop.

short&sassy~ what is your first name, by the way? thanks for the nice comments! they kids had a blast, and even the adults had a lot of fun! we had some minor issues with our son Logan and him being jealous at times, which we should have been prepared for, but we didn't think he would make it into a big issue. Tommy's brother and his family bought a mylar happy birthday balloon and gave it to Brandon, so to make it all even we gave that one to Logan.

we had to keep telling Logan that he has six months (from today) and then it will be his birthday and that he will have the whole day to himself!

Francie~ That sounded like a great time! me and tommy have those kind of wrestling times, but they don't happen all that often! I will have to head over there and check out those pictures.

Marti~ Thanks for the nice comments! The kids, well everybody, had a blast! the kids loved it because they got to go and run outside and play! Then they came in, we opened presents, did the cake, and then every body pretty much just disbursed after that!

I am going to be starting the WOMAN challenge on.....crap I forget which site, but it starts on Mother's Day, so I want to get into the habit of walking every day. So, I will try and do it after the kids are in bed, while Tommy is still awake in case one of them wakes up.

Dixiemae~ I have had the ticker thing do that to me before......so just keep trying it will eventually work! I hope you are feeling better!

Brandon and Marissa, both seem to be getting sick. they both have their yearly check up this coming Wednesday, so I am hoping that they are better by then, since they both need their shots! So, thankfully Logan hasn't started in with the sickies yet, but before we know it, they will all be sick since that is how it tends to go around here!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

This is a busy day, so I'm just driving by to say hello!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #38  
I was born this way hey!

Marti~Thanks Hope you start to feel better soon

Pat~Sorry about the headaches, that sucks. Maybe it is the diet soda. I know soda can be addicting. Dh used to get massive headaches when he wouldnt drink any for awhile.

Short&Sassy~I wanna buy the dance one so bad!!! Its supposed to be a really good workout. I seriously over did it with the Wii yesterday. My arms and upper back were killing me so much. I had to take some advil and lay on the heating pad. Then when that didnt work, I put some bengay all over. Ugh..ya, crappy night.

Mindee~Sorry the kiddos are sick. Hope they feel better soon!!!

Jane~ Hi!!

Okay well..I did the one mile walk this morning..even though I was dead tired. And now my arms are so sore it hurts to lift them. Then I banged my shin on the dishwasher door!!! Ughhh it hurt so bad. I have a ugly bruise on it now. So ya..I think I'm done for the day. Which is very disappointing. I thought I'd be able to do more today. I'm gonna take some more advil and try to take a nap. I hope to be able to do more tomorrow!! Maybe I just needed another day of rest?? I dunno..Hopefully I'll feel much better tomorrow!!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Default ticker testing

Hi Ladies, The headache is still here, but better Thank you for the warm fuzzies. I went to the ticker site I hope I got it this time. I have drank 4-8 ozs of water on my second can of diet rootbeer. I feel I have accomplished something today I will post more later when I feel better

Thanks Pat

Ps It says I have to have 25 posts or more before I can use the url. I only have 8 posts that is why it won't work for me
Old 04-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #40  

francie~ how are you feeling now? I hope you are feeling better!

Pat~ I hope you are feeling better as well! I forgot about the stipulation of having 25 posts in order to get it to work.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Pat- Hi and Welcome. I am also in Indiana. Just North of Indy a little. DH has family in your neck of the woods..a niece in Lafayette and the rest in or around Frankfort. I have friends in Sheridan, which I think is up there also. Our son spent a year at Purdue also. I don't think diet soda is so bad for you but I have to have de-caf everything. My favorite drink now is Peach Tea from Wal-Mart...their brand which is like Crystal Light. It can count as water since it has no calories or anything else. Just basically flavored water.

Francie- Maybe if you continue to do Wii you will be sore less and less often. Hard to continue though. Good luck on the Biggest Loser challenge.

Mindee- Poor Logan, so hard to understand that it is not your BD when it is both your sibling's day. Well, I am sure the other two will want a balloon on Logan's day also.

Jane- Hi, Hope you are getting some of this rain. We are getting light showers, but when I took Mom to her PT Greenfield was getting bombarded. Hate to drive in that. I won't complain about the rain...but brrr is it cold.

Marti- Hope your perennials come up nice and healthy. I am trying to put all perennials in here too. I do have 2 flower boxes that I plant in annuals, but that's it. I am really pleased with how good the daylillies are doing so I know I will plant more of those. Now I am in the market for groundcover for shade.

Ruth- Have fun on your Wii also. It looks like good exercise. Glad you decided to come back to JL's.

I did laundry today, changed the beds, then took Mom to physical therapy. Nothing major. I am still not 100% and pretty tired. Just heard that allergies are hitting people hard already and our pollen won't peak (from flowering trees) for two weeks. Ugh. High is above 90 and the count was 500 today. Sounds ominous.

Okay, gotta scoot and prepare some leftover for dinner. Going to toss a salad too since we decided not to have it last night.

Hi everyone else..catch you later.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick fly by. Awfully tired all day, but did my WATP 1 mile today any way. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-28-2008, 11:26 PM   #43  

Mindee, I am short and sometimes sassy, but my name is Ruth. I know it will take me a while to match names to usernames...

Francie, I know exactly what you are talking about, my left shoulder is killing me. Some of it may be due to a small drop in our local tempertures, but I think the majority of it is due to time playing the Wii. I think the games are the perfect way to work the upper body some and then I spend some time on the treadmill afterwards. Tonight I swung golf clubs, tennis racket and a bowling bowl for an hour. Then later I spent 45 minutes on the treadmill. As soon as the shoulder and arm feel better I'll go back to doing my "Biggest Loser" dvds. I'm own a mission and want to add different DVDs and items to keep me from getting bored! OH, Francie, since I'm new back to the group, what is the biggest loser challenge that you are participating?

Trish, I bet after dropping the first 10 miles, you were determined to get that mile walk in!

Well, it is bedtime. I'll see everyone in the morning!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #44  

just popping in here before heading off to bed!

Sue~ I think at times like this is when Logan's middle child syndrome rear it's ugly head. Because he is normally really good about things.

Trish~ It is good to hear from you!

Ruth~ It took me forever to get everybody's names right. In fact, sometimes I still have to go back and double check before posting! but I have been known in the past to post something to one person when I meant someone else.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Kate - sorry about the blown tire. I just hate to spend money on the car since gas is so much, anyway. We all have days with food like you've had, and understand.

Mindee - the weekly get togethers with the godparents would be nice. If not weekly, maybe at least monthly. Wow, congrats on losing 50 pounds. Makes you feel so much better, doesn't it?

Ruth - yep, I was Jana, then when the name Jane came available again, I snagged it, lol. I'm sure glad you're back.

Francie - Happy Birthday to you! What are your special birthday plans? Btw, I'll be following your progress at the Blue Group. Good luck to you!

Marti - glad you're feeling better.

Dixie - well, when you come down this way, let me know, and we'll get together for lunch. I actually want to move near Indy, but DH does not. Both of our DDs want to relocate there, and if they do, I think he'll want to go, too. Btw, I think I'm addicted to sugar, too, and it's controlling me!

Sue - I know just what you mean! My allergies are going crazy! It was cold and rainy here yesterday, so my chili really hit the spot.

Trish - hi!

Tammy - how's everything?

Sassy and Jules - we miss you!

Well, the sun is out, and it's supposed to be warmer today, which sure beats the rain and cold of yesterday! Here it is, the very end of April, and we've been having early March weather!

I'm headed out for a walk with Molly as soon as I finish my computer work. See you later.

Last edited by Jane; 04-29-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Closed Thread