Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #106  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Thanks for answering the question Monte Cristo.

When I'm on the treadmill at home I have to have a good dvd in or a good show on or sometimes I have a magazine to read bc I'm so bored. I know that's why I have so much exercise stuff too because I am easily bored with exercise. I plan on buying myself an ipod for my b-day so that will help too.

To earn my kettlebells kit with dvds I've decided I need to exercise for 4 weeks straight at least 3x/wk. This is week 1.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I like the way you think Shay. What better way to earn new exercise equipment than with exercise? I LOVE my ipod. I got a big one (80gig), so I wouldn't ever have to worry about space, and to tell the truth, my stuff is still rattles about in there, even though I've been constantly adding stuff for almost a year! I've probably mentioned this before, but I love listening to audiobooks while I run, so I've got at least 10 books on their right now, plus I get two new ones every month.

And speaking of books, have any of you ladies ever read/listen to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? It is absolutely hysterical, especially if you can get the version read by Stephen Fry. I listen to it over and over again, even though it sometimes makes running difficult when I'm trying not to laugh out loud!

I'm kind of bummed out on exercise right now. All I'm doing is my running (5x a week). I started up the 30 Day Shred the other day, but I shut it off after about 30 seconds. I haven't been feeling totally up to snuff, and that is probably most of the problem. Tomorrow is going to be SO great (boy, do I love my rest day!!).
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

New to 3FC and glad to find this forum. Definitely fit in reluctant exerciser program. Hoping to find inspiration here.

I started my diet on May 31 and have walked 30 minutes daily, the real problem is doing the strength training I'm supposed to do 3 times a week. So far I have stuck with the schedule but I dread it every time.
karen0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #109  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well i am again in my slump. ARRRRGGGGG!! boy do i need to get out of it allnd quickly or another year will pass and i will still be where i am know. i am hoping to be close to goal by the end of the year but at this rate it will never happen. gals just hepl keep me in line at sticking to it.

Karen0117--- Welcome
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #110  
My Evolution

Okay everyone I completely lost my mind today and agreed to do the Marine Corps Marathon 10K with 3 co-workers. I just started my new running program this week and agreed to do this. I can't decide if I want to walk it or try to do walk/run intervals. It's not until October. I think it will be fun and I'm not really new to running I just need to get going again.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:23 AM   #111  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Shay - enjoy that! I would never think of committing to anything that has to do with exercise...

Monte - I LOVE hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy - I have the complete 4 book trilogy + mostly harmless. never saw the movie, but it's a book that just love to read again and again!

mrsaugie - you can do it? what's preventing you form exercising?

I went to the gym today - 5 minutes on treadmill at 1.5% incline. i'm beginning to like the incline as it's easier on my knees
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #112  

Miriam - I've heard that the movie is, well, a load of dingo's kidneys. I hate watching movies of books I adore anyways, so I'm staying far away from it. If you ever get a chance to listen to Stephen Fry read it, jump on it. His voice characterazations are so great, that now when I'm reading the book, I can hear his voice as I read. Unfortunately he doesn't do the rest of the series, but Martin Freedman does a pretty good job.

mrsaugi - I'm so sorry that your in a slump. I'm in a mental one right now, simply dreading any exercise. Well dreading may not be the right word. How about loath? Or depise. Anyway, I'm sure it'll pass for the both of us.

Karen0117 - Welcome to the Reluctant Exerciser's Support Group!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #113  
Keep Chuggin'

Monte - dingo's kidney, LOLOLOL!!!

I first read the Restaurant at the End of the Universe in 1986, been hooked ever since! <yes - it was an odd choice of reading material for a 10 year old, but apparently I enjoyed it!> After living in London I appreciated the humor so much more (understood about Crikket and the stump, etc)

I'd like to hear the audiobooks - sounds fun! I also enjoyed listening to Artemis Fowl <read by Adrian Dunbar I think>

Anyway - about exercise:
I need to figure out some kind of plan for the weekends <read: Friday and Saturday, for me Sunday is a weekday> because I do NOTHING. Nothing but eat, of course, haha.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #114  
Keep Chuggin'

GRRR! I HATE EXERCISE!
Someone I thought was going my direction gave me a lift "home" and dropped my off half an hour away from my house AT THE BOTTOM OF A STEEP HILL and I was FORCED to walk up the darn thing! I felt like crying in the middle!

BUT -

I didn't pass out, I didn't get a stitch in my side, I am not crying in pain <we'll see what it's like tomorrow :P > soI guess the treadmill is doing something good! I walked up at a very brisk pace even though it was a steep incline.

HAPPY TO BE HOME! PHEW!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #115  
this is my time

i am in the middle of packing to move in a couple of weeks so hopefully when it is done i will be back at it full force.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #116  
Keep Chuggin'

mrsaugie - packing and moving is GREAT exercise!!
Old 06-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #117  

Well, I don't have much to report. Thursday is my usual rest day, so I didn't do any exercise then, and my back and knee were hurting yesterday, so I skipped that workout also. I did run this morning, so I'm still making progress. Monday I'm suppose to run a whole mile straight through. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #118  
My Evolution

I exercised 6 days this week! I completed week 1 of the 10K training program. That also means I have made it a 1/4 way to my goal of earning my kettlebell workout. It's funny that although the 10K is months away I can already picture myself there on the day of the event. I already know I want to wear a skirt. The thought of my thighs rubbing together in shorts or capris for that amount of time is not appealing. It will be in October so we will see.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #119  
this is my time

Shay-- great job.

my goal for this week is going to be 3 days along with the packing. July 4th is moving day.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #120  
My Evolution

For some reason I am exhausted today. It is nearly 1:30pm and I've only eaten breakfast. I don't feel that hungry it may have to do with the fact that I am having a love affair with the bathroom today. I don't even know what that is about. Not sure if I will exercise today. I'm feeling like that might not happen. I do plan to exercise Mon-Wed and we shall see from there.

mrsaugie--Moving is not fun but it burns a lot of calories.