Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I went through Jillian's 30 Day Shred exercise today. Whew! I though I was going to die a couple of times, mainly during the strength segments. But I made through the whole thing, so I'm proud of myself.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #62  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

all right so i took Sat off instead of yesterday either way i still have one more day that i can take off. and i only walked 1/2 mile with my dog mostly because he was pulling so hard that he was wheezing. that is something he has done from puppy on.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #63  

Monday was a recovery day for running, so I was only suppose to walk briskly for 50 mins. After that I went through Denise Austen's Cardio Bootcamp (20mins). It wasn't as difficult as Jillian's, but I was still pretty wore out. I think I'll try something else tonight.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #64  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

mrsaugie & MonteCristo--You two are kicking a** with exercise. Me not so well. Hence, why I started this thread. You two are motivating me. I plan to go to the gym 3-4 days next week. You have to sign up an hour before class time so I will go in and do my cardio before hand then head to class. They are weight training classes. I don't do cardio classes because I'm not extremely coordinated so I feel I'm just shuffling around and not getting much out of it.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #65  

likenoother - You are doing just fine. Right now I have lots of free time (out of school, get off work at 3:30, still live at home) so it is probably easier for me to get in an hour and half of exercise a day. Just keep working at it!

mrsaugi - Our dog had that same problem for the longest time. This may sound a bit harsh, but we finally got him to stop by jerking the leash when he would start doing that. It took a couple of times, but now we can just give it the faintest little pop, and he'll usually back off.

I didn't go through Jillian's workout yesterday, as I was still sore from Sunday. Instead I went through two 10 min segments of Denise Austen's Dance workout, the Latin Groove and the Jazz/Pop. Dancing exercises are so fun. I can tell that they aren't near as effective as the 30 Day Shred, or DA's Bootcamp, but it does keep me moving for 30 mins or more, so its all good. In my running I'm up to 5min walking and 5min running. I've had to slow the running down a lot (4.6), but I can make it the whole 5 mins (go me!).
Old 05-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #66  
My Evolution

Great job on the running MonteCristo! Thanks for the encouraging words too. I am just frustrated with myself right now. Next week gym here I come! I did Water Exercise today. It was the last class.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #67  

After running today, I went through Jillian's workout, and then did the Latin Groove segment of Denise's dance workout. I feel absolutely glowing. I did a lot better this time with Jillian, hopefully after another week or so I'll be able to go through the whole thing without pausing for breathers!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #68  
this is my time

alright so i have now taken 2 extra days off. may be it has to to with TOM coming. the week before i usualy do feel pretty sluggish. hope fully that is it and next week i will be back at it. like i had been.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #69  
My Evolution

Great job MonteCristo!

Mrsaugie--Of course you will be back at it next week!

Next week I go back to the gym.

My plan:
Tuesday--20-30 minutes cardio, 1 hour Powerball Class
Wednesday--20-30 minutes cardio, 1 hour Powerflex Class
Friday--20-30 minutes cardio, 1 hour Powerflex Class

We'll see how that goes. I am one of those that makes plans for exercise but....I do want to get a badge next week and I can be more than half way there with this plan.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #70  
My Evolution

Oh yeah, I will be doing my 5K for 3FC on Saturday too so I should be set for my badge. I am planning to walk/jog it and I'm not sure how long it will take. I will report in here and on the 5K thread.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #71  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hello everybody,

I'd like to join this group.. sounds up my alley

I have a membership to the gym, which unfortunately, doesn't really count as exercising, does it? But I hope to make it there 3 times a week, and other than that - do SOMETHING every day in the way of exercising.

Today I walked for 25 minutes, briskly, up and down hills. So that's my start!!

Also - I was wondering if anyone had tried the Zumba DVDs? They look fun.

Thanks!
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #72  

Hi Miriam Anne, and welcome! 25 mins walking up and down hills is a good start. I've never tried Zumba, but I'm sure there are others here that have. Maybe you should try the Exercise forum? They may know more about it.

Likenoother, that sounds like a great plan. The badges have become a major motivational tool for me, though I am glad that this week will be a little less intense.

Mrsaugi, we all have times when we just don't have the get-up-and-go to get in extra exercise. I'm sure that you'll be able to start back up again any day now.

Saturday I was a little behind for Barcelona, so I had to exercise over 2.5 hours by 1:00 (had plans for the afternoon). It completely wiped me out, and I'm still a bit tired today. I probably won't exercise more than 45 mins or so today, just to give myself time to recover. I also decided to hold steady running 5min and walking 5min for a week before I start decreasing my walking intervals. I still struggle a great deal to get through each running interval, so I thought it would be best for me to just stick where I am for a while.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:51 AM   #73  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

I did 15 minutes so far today, and I think that's good because I'm home sick. Maybe tonight when it cools down I'll go out for a walk. I haven't been to the gym for so long I bet the won't know who I am when I go... I was hoping to try a class out there - it really doesn't work out with my work schedule though, but I used to go to a belly dancing class (yes, fat and all0 and it was so much fun, but we don't have a car anymore so i can't go there, but the class they have at the gym is on Tuesdays at 11;00 - kinda neither here nor there, but maybe I'll try it out. What do you think?
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #74  
My Evolution

Hi Miriam Anne! Welcome to the group. You're off to a great start too. I definitely think you should try the class out. I go to the gym for classes and get on the machines to pass time mostly. You have to sign up for classes ahead of time so I try to be productive.

MonteCristo--I think maintaining for a bit with the running is a good idea. I think when we push ourselves too much it gets us in trouble sometimes.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #75  
this is my time

welll after taking the weekend off i am back at it strong or as strong as can be expected after taking 4 days off in a row ouch!!!! anyway i did 26 minutes and 2.34 miles on the Gazelle and i still have not done my pilates. mainly i think is because i have not found good time to do them when i am not tired and do not have to worry about dogs and Kayden getting in the way. i know that i will find a time or i will just have to bite the bullet and wosrk around them i know that eventually they will learn to stay out of the way.

Miriam Anne--- Welcome to our group. you are off to a great start. keep it up. and don't get discouraged when you cannot keep it up. that is the biggest thing that i have learned since i have been a member of this site.

likenoother--- thank you for the encouragement.

MonteCristo--- you are doing awesome keep it up. i agree with likenoother on the maintaining for awhile so you do not burn out. and thank you as well for the encouragement.