Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Jane--Hubby & I used to live in a rinky town and always had to travel to do anything. We lived up in the mountain part of town so we were secluded from it all. I miss that part, but I so enjoy being closer to everything.

Ellen--Hope you're little ones are feeling better today.

Tammy--
I'm sure you'll lose those 8lbs w/no trouble! What a nice compliment to receive from the DJ. It's comments like that, that really help motivate me......now, to find someone and tell them to compliment me!!

Francie--I've seen that movies. Loved it. I like most of Drew Barrymores movies that are romantic comedies. Have not seen Paradise Hotel 2. Did watch parts of PH1 though. Wasn't that on looooonnnnggg time ago??

Well I think I'm going to go ahead and get myself ready for work. I'm tired already, didn't sleep well, drank too much water and that made for restless sleep.

Have a good one ladies.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #17  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, we got Brandon's progress report today!!!

This is the progress report from his teacher

The goal: Brandon will follow classroom routines with verbal direction.

4/4/08~ Achieved/Maintained; 4/15/08~ At Sufficient Rate - Brandon is doing a great job!

The goal: When in the appropriate situation, Brandon will verbalize wants and needs to other.

4/4/08~ At Sufficient Rate; 4/15/08~ At Sufficient Rate - 4/4/08~ Brandon is primarily making gestures but is attempting to use words to communicate in the classroom. 4/15/08~ Brandon is attempting to verbalize his wants and needs.

The goal: When given the appropriate materials, Brandon will match ten basic colors, including: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, black, and white.

4/4/08~ At Sufficient Rate; 4/15/08~ At Sufficient Rate

This is the progress report from his Speech and Language

The goal: Student will sequence CV (Consonant/Vowel) syllables using simple sounds (p,b,t,d,m,n).

4/4/08~ Achieved/Maintained

The goal: Student will sequence VC (Vowel/Consonant) syllables using simple sounds (p,b,t,d,m,n).

4/4/08~ At Sufficient Rate
4/4/08~ This is very difficult for Brandon. Keep working on it at home!!!

The goal: Student will sequence 2 syllable words with initial and medial sounds inclusion.

4/4/08~ Not applicable this period

The goal: Student will improve receptive vocabulary.

The goal: Student will complete formal language testing.

4/4/08~ Not applicable this period

The goal: Student will increase Mean Length of Utterance to 1-3 words.

4/4/08~ Brandon is using primarily gestures combined with an attempt to speak in the classroom.

all in all, he is doing great! we have a couple areas that we need to work on, but we can tell that he is already making progress here at home!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Hi Ladies,

Yesterdays two restaurant meal day turned into a no lunch, slightly too much at dinner day instead. We were "cleaning up" at the office after the benefit and my lunch got cancelled, probably a good thing since I never got a break all day.

Tammy-I too am a second wife. Despite reminding myself that we have been happily married much longer than DH was to his first wife she can still can intimidate me! (And I am younger and more successful.) Congrats on the compliment from the DJ...it is especially nice when these things happen spontaneously!

Jane I'm a member of the hair dye club. Convinced my husband that not going gray was genetic "after all my mom isn't gray". He was a true believer until mom changed her color just a bit too quickly and he caught on.

Back to work...

Pandora
Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #19  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jane~Paradise Hotel is a reality tv show, lol. Lame I know..but its really addicting. I got your card today. Thank you so much, that was very sweet of you

Marti~Ya..I think the show came on like 5 years ago..lol. Its sad how I'm still into it, lol.

Well..I'm back from Seattle. I got my bday presents. YAY!! I also took a few pics. I'm gonna upload them all later because right now, I'm gonna take a much needed nap. We did a lot of walking around today and my legs & feet are tired.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #20  

I am back in here for a second. Brandon woke back up and he is now playing with the radio, there fore he is going to wake Logan up if he hasn't already.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 AM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

Okay..I've uploaded my pics..so if you have me on myspace..you can check them out They're in the Seattle folder. (if you wanna add me, let me know )

Anyways..I think Fonzo is getting sick. He's all shaky and isnt hungry, which isnt like him at all. I freakin knew one of was gonna get sick too. It started raining on us while we were in Seattle. Ugh..I hope its not the flu.

Well..its like 11:14pm right now and I'm finally gonna eat dinner, lol. I know..its really bad to eat this late..but I passed out when we came home from Seattle..and I wasnt hungry when I woke up (plus that and we had no food, lol). So ya..I'm gonna make a light sandwich and watch Medium.

Nighty nite everyone!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-16-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - well, Neal says that even if Mary and her family and I move, he isn't going. Hmph! I guess that tells me where I am on his list of priorities, lol.

Mindee - wow, what a wonderful report card! Tell B Aunt Jane is so proud of him!

Pandora - I'm just amazed that the Sweet n Low made the dye not burn. Who knew?? Ah, men are easy to fool, sometimes, right? For example, Neal says he doesn't like Goulash, so I make it and call it chili mac, and he laps it up.

Francie - are you going to post the pics here? I'd love to see them. Hope your sweetie is better today.

OH... Mary just came in... so I'll check in later if I have time.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #23  

Morning!

Jane--Tell the man it's time to move you up the priority list!!

Francie--No myspace....would like to see photo if ya can share here.

Pandora--You sound busy! Hope today you get a break and can relax a little.

Mindee--Great report! You should feel very proud. Give your little man a hug from us all!

Not feeling up to par today.
Yesterday I ate clean and exercised. They had all kinds of food at work yesterday and I kept telling myself one piece of pizza is enough, and that I can do this. Well, I did. One small piece and ignored everything else. I even cut my lunch short so I wouldn't be tempted. So one evil food day out of the way....more to come! For some reason, they think they need to fatten us all up due to all the noise and construction on the floor.

Ok...off to take a shower and get ready for work. Feel blah and need to get moving.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #24  

popping in here while I have the time! I managed to go to bed early last night and woke up with Tommy's alarm clock this morning..............at 5 am! At that point, Brandon came into bed with me, and I was able to get back to sleep and got up with my alarm clock with no problems. I took a slight nap on the couch this morning, but woke up when my capris got wet from Logan! Off to the bath tub for him, and off to look for something for me!

Tommy is contemplating going up north this weekend to see my parents. And to take some clothes up there for my brother Sean, and for my sister Robyn's friend that is pregnant. He also has a chance to get some tickets to the playoff Red Wings game this Friday.

Speaking of sickies.......Logan has had a runny nose the past couple of days, and last night Marissa started with it. I have been giving them medicine, and I am about to run out of Logan's medicine actually. Tonight, Brandon has his hearing test at the pediatrician's office. I will let you all know how that goes when we get back!

Francie~ I will have to head over there and check out your pictures! I hope Fonzo gets better soon!

Jane~ I sure will tell him that you said that once he wakes up. He is taking a nap right now....which I am kind of glad about because with him having his hearing test done tonight, I want him to be alert for it. And he normally isn't that alert when it comes that time and he hasn't napped!

Marti~ We are both very proud of Brandon for his progress! I sure will give him a hug from you all once he wakes up. He had a rough night sleeping wise last night so I am happy that when I asked him after he got off the bus if he was tired, and he told me that he was.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #25  
I was born this way hey!

Okay..so here's the link to my pics!! http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...82000/Seattle/

Well..Fonzo's temp went up to 100.7 last night. I put this neck pillow (that I keep in the freezer) on him..and that seemed to help a little bit. He took some meds that lowered his fever too. So now its 99.7. So its going down a little bit. He says he still feels like crap though. I dunno whats wrong with him. Its not a cold..and its not the flu (at least I dont think it is).

Anyways..I'm gonna go and lay down with him..BBL

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-16-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #26  

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! Just popping in while quizzing DS on spelling words. Wow He is nuts today I have to go!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #27  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just spent 1 1/2 hrs in Kohls trying on bras.....arggghhh I feel like I'm all battered and bruised. Why does every bra have 5 tags that scratch and poke ya when you are trying them on. I look like I've gone to battle with a bunch of alley cats!!! I walked away with two that were comfortable...I guess ....anyhoo...gotta walk the boys and lotion my battle wounds and get ready for dance. Have a wonderful evening ladies!!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #28  

just popping in here while I have a second before I shut down and go to bed!

The doctor's appointment, well....it was more like a "we haven't been here in a couple of weeks, so we thought we would stop by" kind of visit. He listened to Brandon's heart and lungs. Then asked if we had any questions or concerned. Then we started talking about Brandon's progress report, which we brought with us, and the doctor read. Then he told us to schedule an appointment with the ENT that the letter suggested. So, I get to call first thing tomorrow morning to try and schedule him an appointment for next Wednesday. I am just hoping and praying that they have an appointment open late enough for us! Other wise I will have to call the doctor's office and see if they can give us a referral to an ENT.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

First off to the group Pandora. Glad you are here and I think you will love this group.

Hope EVERYBODY is doing well. I haven't had a chance to read messages. I'll do that tomorrow. I sure missed all of y'all. DH has a doctors appointment so may not be able to catch up on y'all to after that.

We got back yesterday, but I've been too tired to get on here. Although I did try earlier today and my server must have been down cause I couldn't get online. Just unpacked, washed clothes and layed around yesterday. Tried to watch a movie with DH and couldn't make it. I fell asleep and slept until noon today. Then I spent today cleaning house. I cleaned it before I left so I wouldn't come home to a dirty house, but it was dirty any way. So I got that all cleaned up and now I'm tired again, but going to try to watch tv with DH any way and hope I can stay awake. I'll try to do catch up with everybody tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 AM   #30  

Hello!

Just finished my exercises. Feeling good about that. Ate clean today but just can't seem to get in enough water. Must start the day off w/a big glass. Been taking my vitamins everyday, feeling good about that. Working on it, taking it slowly but I'm actually working on it.

Francie--Can't see photo's, need a password. How is your hubby feeling? Any better. Poor guy....go snuggle up w/him.

Mindee--The weekend trip sound like it would be fun. Hope you all get to go.

Ellen--

Tammy--Bra shopping is the worst! It's time for me to go in and get some new ones. Think I'll drag DD w/me and she can get some of her own!

Trish--Glad to hear you're back. How was your trip? Get caught up on your rest and catch up w/us when you get rested.

Hello to all the other gals!!

Having one of those "Ehh" kind of days-- called PMS. Just don't have any oomph in me. Want it to pass on quickly. I hate feeling like this. I'm actually pretty surprised I got myself on the treadmill tonight...usually I'd just plop my big butt on the couch and call it good! Hope tomorrow is a bit better. Hate going to work feeling like that...the day always last FOREVER!!

Ok...off I go before I start mindlessly babbling.

You all have a great night.
Closed Thread