Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #16  
RosieKate

Sassy - I saw part of the McKenna program when we were at the beach...pretty interesting stuff. I've been trying the tap-tap stuff he was demonstrating for controlling cravings, you know I think it kind of works. Makes me think hypnotherapy may be the way to go. I think I'll check out his website...

Francie - chocolate gum--where...let me at it, lol! Yay for all the fruits and veggie - you will feel so good after eating them.

Mindee - you are inspiring me to get to it on my house - it is in dire need of a good spring cleaning. I am reminded that my windows are in bad shape every time the sun shines...and my kitchen cabinets? well, they're pretty bad, too. GL on the potty training, my kids just did it when they were ready and not one minute sooner! Hope you have better luck than I did. Though now they have been out of diapers for a while now, I wonder what all the fuss was about - it seems like a long time ago.

Cristina - if you are craving stuff you should try this McKenna guy's hypnotherapy. He has a series of tapping on different parts of your body while you are thinking about your craving. By the time you are done- craving gone! It's on tlc.com the show is I Can Make You Thin. I wish I could sleep in...I always feel better and more energetic when I do, but my body seems to be hard wired to get up at 5 - ugh.

Hi to Susan and Jules! I have to get some other things done before the kids get up, so I'll bbl. Hope you both have a great day.

Managed to maintain at 177 through the week. I hope to make some progress soon, tired of maintaining for such a long time. My wl group is going from monthly meetings to weekly for awhile, so hopefully that will give me a kick in the pants.

Have a good one ladies!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning, ladies...

Up bright and early, well, early for me anyway.

KATY...I keep meaning to check it out...made a note for myself to do it later. I also keep meaning to watch the show on Sunday and keep forgetting. Good deal on the 177!

FRANCIE...yeah, I saw that chocolate gum a while back and wondered if it was any good...never did buy any to see. Good deal on buying the veggies and exercise stuff! Now you are ready to go!

MINDEE...well, that still seems stupid...let's just wait until someone is hurt before we fix something...no wonder people are always suing people. Happy potty training today!

SASSY...sounds like here with all the construction. They are doing some near or on one of the highways and even though I don't think the traffic is bad here...you block a lane or two and it's a mess. Of course they have been working on a major highway since ummm 2004 I believe. Said it would be done in 2006, then 2007 now they are saying 2008. It is not going to happen...maybe 2010!

Hiya Susan, Sue & Jules

I wil be back later to post more. Have some errands to run and V is home getting in the way, lol. He's not...just I have my little sort of schedule and he messes it up when home...never get anything done. Anywho...gotta go.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #18  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Katy~The gum is by Dentune Blast!! I wanna try it so bad, but my teeth are hurting right now..so I'll try it a little later, lol. I also bought Citrus with Blackberry gum by Trident Splash, lol. I have soooooo many packs of gum in my purse right now, they're taking over in there, lol.

Cristina~I'll let you know how the gum is later today. I'm so ready to go!! LoL!! I could hardly sleep last night because I kept thinking about all the exercise I would be doing today, lol. I'm a dork I know.

Anyways..I gotta get back to emailing my friend...bbl
Old 04-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #19  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Treated myself to a reduced fat breakfast sandwich @ Starbucks (thanks again Criatina! ) this morning.
Took Gab to see Water Horse last night. I didn't like it, seemed a little too intense for me but Gab enjoyed it. Course it was a tad old for her so she kept asking me questions about what was going on. Gab did pik out a slice of pizza for the movie, over popcorn or candy. I managed to just nibble a little of the crust so felt ok with that.

anyway -not chatty for some reason but wanted to say hello to all you ladies!! Hope you have a great April 1st.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-01-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #20  
I was born this way hey!

I just done doing the 3 mile. I'm so wiped out. I wonder why sometimes I can do it without any problems, but other days it feels like a struggle. Weird.

I just realized that its 4 weeks until my birthday!! YAY!!

OKay..gonna go lay on the couch for a few hours, lol.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

Okay...so I tried out the Mini Stepper that I bought. And it totally kicked my butt. I was tired after a min, lol. But I pushed myself to do at least 5 mins. I'm gonna try it again after a little break.

Oh, and the gum is yummy.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #22  
ugggg.....

Francie-my daughter is using my old stepper, it's hard on my knees. Hubby & I had a motorcycle accident several years ago and my knees took the brunt of it, I was luvky that hubby was an experienced driver or it would have been alot worse. My right knee cap sits to high still. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but I have my days and there are certain things that aggravate it. Today my son had his 23rd bday. We had fun.

SuzyQ--passed a Starbucks today while we were out and about and thought of you!!

Cristina-It started out gloomy here but by afternoon it was sunny and warm. Perfect for stopping in all the little shops at the town we went too. Ry and I would have done more but hubby started complaining. Hubby & Teri both want to know exactly what is going to be done and don't deviate from the plan. Ry and I just have fun and do whatever we feel like. There is no plan when it's the two of us. I am going to miss him so much!!

Sassy--I got a couple of tops when Teri did a major shopping spree this weekend. I say wear those clothes for you!! Who cares if nobody but you and your hubby see them!! What's the McKenna plan? I will have to google it.
I thought about you during some moves they made in our office area. There are two separate departments sharing the same room. The people that kept whining got what they wanted and are still whining cause it's not EXACTLY the way they wanted it but it works. Two of the ladies that work in got bigger cubicles but we lost a storage space cubicle. The one lady keeps complaing about a few boxes that are in a cubilcle near hers but in plain sight of where her new bigger cubicle is and she is the one that wanted her space where it is!!! I don't know what she was thinking--the storage cubicle wasn't ever going to move and there printouts that have to be kept for auditing purposes. I needed the day off.

Katy--good to see you posting!!

I am going to post some new pics on my myspace as soon as the batteries on the camera charge. There is a really good one of hubby, my son & grandboy!!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

Jules - I was watching a show on public tv regarding the Carter Family from Virginia....and thought of you! It was beautiful there with the fall colors, I would love to come see in person!! Hint,hint.....I am sure you will put me up

Ate my usual 1/2 cup mac and cheese. I don't really count it towards calories because I eat it standing up, from the pan and it is really Gaby's left over...so, tech doesn't count. My rule

Bored out of my mind!! Revamping my myspace page and that is taking forever.....I swear.

Might let Gab meet McD this weekend. I think it is time , been 4 months and she would love to meet his dog Ruby.....we'll see.

k- off to figure what is for dinner!

adios.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-01-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #24  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hi Girls.

Hi Girls.

Boy when I woke up tonight I felt like crapola. I woke up earlier in the day sick. I took some meds and went back to bed. I forced myself to go to work though since our one co-worker I figured would be out because his dad died last week and he did call in, I took the call, poor guy sounded so sad. He couldn't even talk........I feel for him. I remember when my dad died, it was heart-wrenching. Not only the death, but watching my mother go through it too.

Anywho. I had the strangest dream!!! I was a witch, but I looked like the exorcist chick -- scary! And I would jump into people's cars and make them crash, then take over their bodies! Totally freaky!!! Anybody dare to interpret that dream? lol.

I only ate a little something today, as I felt crappy, but I am feeling much better now. I am mostly just so thristy!!! I think I am partly dehydrated or something.

Katie -- Paul McKenna is my new "hero" lol. He has totally changed my outlook and I feel like a brand new person and I only have watched the 1st show, I still have 2 to watch on the DVR at home! lol. WTG on the maintaining, although I know you said you are tired of maintaining. I can give you a if you want. lol. Just kidding! lol.

Cristina -- UGH I hate construction. I know its necessary, but why they have to do it all at one time is beyond me. I wish we could just wave a magic wand and VOLA! its all done and pertty. lol. I know what you mean about the hubby "messing" up your schedule. Totally just knocks you off kilter. lol.

Suzy Q -- not in a chatty mood? lol. Just teasin'. lol. I need to revamp my myspace page, just haven't been "in the mood". lol. Mmmmmmm starbucks. I have been craving some good coffee ......... Maybe I will have DH stop in the morning and get us some.

Francie, -- WTG I am proud of ya, 5 min is better than 0 min. I need to get myself in gear..........

Jules -- you are totally right and I feel so much better in my new clothes. Amazing how something like new clothes can make you feel totally different! Today is back to the old and comfy duds though since I felt totally blah today. lol. McKenna -- He has 4 main things: Eat when you are hungry, Eat what you want, Eat Consciously, and When you are full stop. I haven't watched the other 2 shows yet, they are on my DVR. But just the one show made me feel totally better. From reading on his website a little, he also does lectures and has books on how to be rich. So maybe I can be this rich thin chick in a year or so! Can't wait to see the new pics!!!

We got our monthly "newsletter" from our owner of our complex. I don't know if its just how she writes the thing or what, but it always just irritates me! lol. She has a way of saying stuff about people without actually mentioning their names, but you know who she is talking about, just drives me insane! Why not just come out and tell that person what they are doing wrong instead of making it public for everyone to see? And the person who is actually "doing" whatever it is probably doesn't even know that she is talking about "Them". UGH. Just seems so "highschoolish" to me. I can't stand people who "beat around the bush" just tell me already! lol. But I guess she thinks she is being "polite" or whatever. Who knows what that lady thinks. lol.

OH! lastnight I found a nice condo for rent, close to the in-laws and our friends. DH is gonna call about it tomorrow. Lets all keep our that we can get out of our apt. once and for all!!! Then talk about happy, man oh man I think I will have to have a party for that one! lol. You all wanna come? lol.

Take Care All,

Old 04-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #25  
I was born this way hey!

Jules~I totally felt the burn on that stepper. It was a good buy!! Happy Bday to you son!!

Susan~I redid my page a couple days ago. Well...I changed the layout, lol. But I also redid my blog layout too. It looks so cute now!!

Sassy~I made it to 10 mins!! LoL!! I'm totally tired right now.

Ughhhh my baby kitty is in heat right now. She's meowing all weird. Since my dental insurance kicked in today..we're gonna get pet insurance next...

I had a pretty good day. I ate all my calories, and worked out a lot. I read a few chapters in my book. I didnt clean the kitchen though, lol. So thats something for tomorrow. I'm probably gonna go to bed as soon as TBL is over. I'll watch L&O in bed, lol. Fonzo has duty tonight, so he wont be home until tomorrow. Then we're gonna go to the bookstore. I'm gonna look some new weight books. I really want The Biggest Loser cookbook..so we'll see.

Anyways..I'm gonna go watch That 70's Show right now. I'll try and get back on before going to bed.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Another quick HI ladies...long, busy day and I am pooped! Have some errands in the morning first thing but then after that pretty much have nothing to do the rest of the day. Well, except for exercise. Did 90 minutes today and that is probably why I am pooped! I know I have said it before but that Denise Austin kicks my butt big time! Anyway...

Nighty, night ladies!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #27  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing really new on this end.....same stuff just a different day! it was really nice yesterday, and this morning when I put Brandon on the bus......then it got really windy and the temperature dropped!

I have been dealing with Logan taking his diapers off today! He hasn't really been into going on the potty, so I took it as him not being ready yet. So, I figured that I would just hold off on training him right now, since after all, he is still only going to be 2 1/2 at the end of this month. I am however happy to report that Brandon is almost 100% potty trained! He only goes in his pull up (no diapers since Saturday!!!!) at night time and nap time, or if he has to poop. I think that is pretty dog gone amazing since we started all this full time on Saturday! He will tell me when he has to go and we head to the bathroom.

I was looking through my OnDemand earlier today and they have a TON of workouts on there. They have the Biggest Loser ones on there, Jillian Michaels' new one that just came out, plus plenty of others that I am going to look into doing now since I know that the guy isn't just going to pop in to fix the bathroom.

Brandon also came home from school today, and since it is Tuesday he had his speech class. He got some playdoh, and when he pulled it out of his pack back....I said "what did you get?" and he looked at me and said "playdoh." He also had to call daddy and tell him that he has gone on the potty all the time except for the above mentioned times! His teacher also sent home telling me how many kids are in the class so I can figure out exactly what I am going to make and send in for his birthday. And that he has been doing an amazing job at keeping his thumb out of his mouth at school, and that we really must be working hard on it at home. And honestly, I didn't realize that he hasn't had it in his mouth 24/7 until she mentioned something on the note!

Our next door neighbors were being really loud earlier today, and Brandon is tommy's son 100%! The last time that they were being really loud at night, and Tommy was home, he started being as loud as them. He was stomping on the floor....yelling and screaming just like them. Then a little bit later, he had put his ear to the wall to see if he could still hear them. Sure enough, they were loud today and Tommy's little mini-me stopped playing and started jumping up and down and stomping like crazy. Then when they still persisted, he started yelling and screaming at the wall. Then when they were still moving around but not being as loud, he walked behind the couch to the area that he could lean against the wall without any problems, and listened to see what he could hear! I had to try and contain my laughter while telling him that since it wasn't bed time that they were fine. But that if they were still loud when it was bedtime, then I would let Marissa scream as loud as she wanted, and him and Logan could stomp/jump/yell and do whatever! He liked that idea! (paybacks are you know what....especially when their little ankle biter dog barked all night last night AND woke Marissa up a couple of times! I was NOT a happy camper on that one!)

ok....I got side tracked after typing all that by my nightly chores that I needed to get done before going to bed, so I am sure that there have been some posts added to the ones that I am seeing now.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #28  
I was born this way hey!

Omg..I did this workout dvd today...'Jillian Michaels 30 day shred' and ughhhh my legs are all wobbly right now, lol. If I'm ever on TBL, I wanna be on her team!!! LoL!!

My damn weight keeps bouncing around. I dont get it. I'm never gonna lose the 5 pounds. I keep working out and I'm eating right and I either go up a pound or go down a pound. I dont get what I'm doing wrong. I'm so frustrated.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

Good Morning to Sue, Sassy, Cristina, Mindee, Jules, Francie, Katy and Michelle!!

Feeling fat today and under the weather w/ a stuffy nose. Of course the 2 aren't related *sigh. I am fat period and I also have a stuffy nose. There. I swear someone put me out of my misery!

Teacher wrote an email saying march homework is due and since it is a part time K we need to suppor Gab at home w/ the homework. WhatEVER. I tried to get her into fulll time K, I am not into the homework crap every day. I was telling someone I am interested in the nature way approach to teaching. I read about this school in the area where the kids spend all day outside learning from nature. They aren't sitting inside w/ pencil and paper....they are outside counting bird **** and learning their numbers and ABC's............or I was going to tell the teacher homework was against out religious belief's. Or it gives me a rash and makes me want to drink Merlot and run around the house naked. Whatever............I just sent her email to trash, I don't need the pressure. lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-02-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #30  
I was born this way hey!

i tried to tell my teacher that homework was against my religion. But I made the mistake of saying that while I was in Catholic school and she told me that it wasnt, lol. I went through all of junior high and high school without ever doing homework..LOL!!!
Closed Thread