Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 09:51 PM   #16  
CH

Well you know the saying in KY is if you don't like today's weather hang around tomorrow will be different. Yesterday was 60 degrees and sunny, today is 24 and snowing. It is so cold my fingers are almost freezing on this keyboard.

But now to the real news........I weighed in tonight and was down 1 lb.. I am very pleased because I wore my sweatsuit and still lost a lb! Good for me! Every week I wear the same thing, thin nylon pants and a t-shirt. Tonight I was to cold. Who knows I might have really lost 5 lbs if I wore my old outfit.!!! (Okay I know that's to big of a lie for even me!) Actually I am glad because the last few weeks have been tough but maybe I've turned the corner and jumped back on the wagon. Why are you so happy over 1 little lb.? Maybe it's because for the last 5 out of 6 weeks I've had a gain.

Sharon-----It's good to hear from you. I know you are just as busy as can be. You have so much on your plate right now. (And I don't mean food) You are a great person and do so much for your family. No wonder they love you so! Good luck to you.

Judy------Happy Belated Birthday! These girls are so much better at remembering than I am. Sounds like you enjoyed the day anyhow. I'm proud of every birthday I have anymore. I wear them like a badge! I'm so glad to be here.

Have to go get ready for school tomorrow. I always like to pick out my clothes at night because I'm worthless in the morning.
Everyone have a great week and report back soon.
Love ya"ll! Carolyn
Old 02-27-2002, 02:04 AM   #17  

Hello ladies!

It's June Cleaver here!

Well, I'm starting to get used to this "Lady of Leisure" lifestyle. This morning I did Pilates. Yoga in the afternoon and then took my dog for a walk on the beach ( it was 76 today). Soon I will be all buffed out!

My husband and I are going to Las Vegas for the weekend ... we leave Thursday. Yup, I think I can handle this!

Judy!!! Wow, what's it like to be 18?

Sharon-I hope your Dad gets better.

Svelteandlithe-Welcome to the group ... you will enjoy it here. These women are the best.

Jo- Don't worry about that pound ... you will get that star!

Queen CJ- I hope your headache goes away! Always nice to hear from you!

To everyone else ... a big hello and a big hug for all of you!

I'm off to bed.

Sylvia :sheep:
Old 02-28-2002, 11:09 AM   #18  
Long Lost Chickie

OK, the boss is FINALLY gone. He has a plane to catch today and I'm not sure he's going to make it. He wasn't supposed to be here at all and kept starting to leave and then coming back for "just one more thing". We finally all just shouted "Will you just GO already!!!" Man's a lunatic.

Ah but peace and quiet finally reign at last. I hope. He's not on the plane yet....

Know what I ate for dinner last night? Wendy's. Yes, I was bad but you know what? Not as bad as I would have been in the past. I had that new New Orleans bacon burger. Watson got the bacon and actually most of the burger and some of the fries. I know it's not really good for him but he didn't get too much I don't think. Actually, some of the bun and fries ended up in the trash too. And I skipped the Frostie and got a diet Coke instead. As I said, not good but not too terrible either. BTW, the New Orleans burger isn't all that great. Don't think I'll be tempted to order one again.

Poor Rich was stuck here at work until almost 10:00 last night. Some big computer snafu. I'd planned to do some laundry and maybe a little "crafty" work but instead parked myself in front of the TV with my fast food. Woke up too late to do my treadmill this morning so I'll have to be really good and do double time tonight.

Why am I telling you guys all this!?! I'm rambling. Sorry.

Carolyn, the weather in KY sounds like the weather in PA. Tuesday got up to 60-something and Wednesday had wind chills of 19 degrees. I'm not likin' this! Winter's bad enough but this "teasing" of warm weather is just cruel!

Sharon, I have to tell you how much I admire you!! You seem to have such a take-charge personality and are handling things. Love ya! {{{SHARON}}}

Judy, I'm with you. One week I ate well and lost 3.2 lbs. The next week I ate EXACTLY the same and gained a pound. What is up with that!?!?

CJ, I'm sorry you're hurting. Hope the arm feels better. I guess you don't realize how much you need both arms and hands until you have to get by with just one.

I have to go now. My old buddy, Mike (remember him?) called yesterday in the middle of some boss-induced chaos and I told him I'd have to call him back this morning. Didn't quite get to it. In fact, there's a lot I haven't quite gotten to this week. But now with psycho-boss gone for a while (have I mentioned? ) I can get things done! In fact, I'd better get myself busy. I've found that having given up sweets and desserts for Lent is making me crave salt and salty snacks like never before! What's up with that!?!?!

Talk to you guys later!
Love, Jo.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:12 PM   #19  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Jo, looks like it's just you and me Babe! What is it with everyone these days?

I think I tore something in my knee a couple of days ago. I was down on the floor working on framing my cross-stitch stuff and I felt a POP, then a kind of crunch, and then hot searing pain like I've never felt before! It's kind of swollen on the outside of the knee and so sore I can hardly touch it. Everyone is telling me to go to see a doctor but I figure I'll just baby it a few more days and see what happens. If it doesn't get any better, then I'll go see someone.

Sandi, I just realized I never did wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm soooo ashamed, my face is red! Forgive me?

I just had to forward the link so all of you could see my pretty little grandaughter. She's quiet a bit bigger than that now and getting kinda mouthy, or so her daddy says! LOL When he raises his voice, "Kaitlyn Martina!" She turns around and says "WHAT!" Now that my DIL has gone back to work, she is attending a Montessori School in Houston. She's only one yr. old, but gonna be a smart one!

All take care, have a good day!

Hugs, Judy
Old 02-28-2002, 03:36 PM   #20  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone,

It's been so long since I was able to get on here. Seems that there was some work that needed to get done after I took last week off. They actually expected that I should get at it, too! I just don't understand why employers think that work should come first.

I had several large projects that were o/s when I left, mostly because the directors left them to the last minute and then expected that 'Peggy' would bail them out. One of the directors has been nagging (there's nothing worse than a man nag) about the project he needs. I emailed him yesterday morning to let him know that it was done and wanted to know where I send the info. The contents are confidential to the point that the director can't even see it, so I'm waiting to find out where this stuff goes. It is now almost 1 1/2 days later and I haven't heard a peep. I hate that philosophy of hurry up I need it right away, then, after I stayed 4 hours after work to finish the project, he's not the least bit interested. NOT impressed, but forntunately, we have had a restructuring and he is not my boss any longer. Woohoo for that one.

CJ - It is good to hear from you once again. We miss you. Sorry to hear about the arm. Hope you are also getting out of the weight funk. The last 2 weeks seem to have been downers for lots of us. Maybe it's that end of the winter, can't wait for spring to get here blahs. Hang in there, keep OP, and you will eventually see those dreaded pounds go. You take care...

Carolyn - Congratulations!!!! One pound down. Woohoo. Way to go. Next week will be even better once you are back to your WI outfit. It is so depressing to have those gains, week after week, but that 1 pound is a motivator to keep on going. Keep it up. Hope to hear that there is another loss next week.

Judy - Sounds like your living room has turned out to be spectacular. If you are able to send pics of your cross stitch, please do. I'd love to see your handiwork. Don't worry about the weight. You have done so well recently that one small blip won't hurt. You WILL be down to the 200 mark before you know it. Hang in there, you can do it.

Sharon - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and his health. It is such a strain on you, trying to deal with it via long distance, and on Chrissy, too. It is good to hear that Jerry is settling in so well. I had to smile when you described his last day at work and how the people there wanted to share good-byes. He truly is a special person. Congrats on the weight loss. .2 is better than nothing. I am hoping, though, that the weight loss is not at the expense of your health. You be sure to take care of yourself, too. The stress at times like this can be really debilitating. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Sylvia - OK, OK, OK, I get it. The Lady of Leisure sounds sooooo appealing. I keep telling hubby that retirement sounds good about now. He just doesn't buy into that one yet, but if I nag long enough he might eventually get it. After all, it only took me 20 years of nagging to get the laundry shoot that I wanted. LOL. Have a great time in Las Vegas. Talk to you when you get back.

Jo - You don't have to gloat every time that boss goes away. Some of us are getting mighty jealous. hehehe. How long is he gone and what time does the party start?

Hope everyone is doing well this week. I am hoping that I show a loss this week. It can't get any worse than a 7 pound gain. Take care.

Luv.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:17 PM   #21  

Hi Ya'll......

I'm about to leave for my bowling league but wanted to stop in and say hi!!

Peggy**** I hope that the scales are good to you this week.Don't worry about the 7 lb.gain.I know that it's depressing.I have gone up & down for so long, I feel like a yo-yo!!

Jo**** Well did the BOSS get on the plane? I couldn't help but laugh thinking that maybe he MISSED it!! (Jo's luck!) Oh, about the Wendy's....did you know that their chili was low in fat?

CJ**** I hope that your arm is better.I really miss you!! Are you at the cabin? Post soon & let us know how you are.You sounded pretty down in your last post.That isn't the CJ I know.Hope you're ok....I care.

Sharon**** I know that you must be so busy at H & R Block. How is Papa? Hope everything is going ok with you.I know you have your plate full right now.Post when you can.Know that I love you & thinking of you often. {{{ Hugs }}}

Judy**** How's the knee? If you can, would you post a picture of all the hard work you've done on your house? Would love to see it!! Where's the link to see your grand daughter?

Slyvia**** I guess by the time you read this...you're already gone to Las Vegas!! Have fun & win BIG!!!!!

Carolyn**** Your weather sounds like ours!!! Tuesday it was in the 60's....By Wednesday, we had SNOW!! The good thing was School was closed so I got a day off!!! Crazy weather huh?? Congrats on the 1 lb. gone forever...keep it up & lose some more!!

Ok Ya'll.......
Better get ready to go bolwing.Last week I lost 3 lbs. Down to 175 now.Been OP for 2 weeks now & only cheated twice!! Lookin' forward to seeing what my dear friend, the scales, say Monday!!

Talk to ya'll later.....
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 03-01-2002, 08:44 AM   #22  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, hopefully the boss made his flight. Haven't heard from him for a while so I'm hoping he's en route. He has a stop over in Paris (poor baby ) and then on to Israel for a week or so. Ah peace ... I hope.

Did I tell you guys that my WW center added a class at 7:30AM on Saturdays? My first thought was "I don't think so" but then I decided that it might be a good idea, especially during the summer months. That way I can weigh in (it's an express class, guaranteed to be out by 8:30) and then get on with my projects - house remodeling, garden, etc. I like my leader and classmates at my 9:00 Sat. AM class but have to admit it's not the most convenient time. Actually my class has been changing a lot over the past few months. Lots of people I used to sit with have dropped out it seems. I guess since it's going to be the same leader at the earlier class, I'll switch. I always have the later class (and there's one at 12:30 also) to catch in case I miss the early one.

Got on my treadmill this morning and instead of starting out slow like I normally do, I did something stupid and jumped right into the high speed. Think I pulled something in my knee. Hurts like the devil and now I'm limping around here. What a dummy I am. Hope it's nothing too serious.

This promises to be a weekend of working on the house. Hope the weather holds out a little longer (supposed to rain late Saturday) so I can do a little more stuff in the yard and garden while Rich works on the outside of the house. I started a list of things to do before the patio doors are delivered on March 15 and then lapsed into panic mode so I decided to stop thinking about it. How's that for a solution?

Gotta go. Found out yesterday that the project that the Old Witch Queen was supposed to have finished by yesterday didn't get done (she's on vacation this week) so I got an extension until 5:00 today and talked one of the other guys here into helping me. We were here until 6 last night and it's looking like another long one today. I'm going over her head and getting it approved by the company president and sending it out and I dare her to complain on Monday.

Sorry to vent so much but, hey, it's what I do...
Love you guys.
Jo.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:28 AM   #23  

Hi Ya'll........

I've been watching TV with hubby tonight and haven't been on computer much.It's getting late but wanted to post and tell everyone to Hurry back & post soon!!!

Have a GREAT OP weekend!! I'll be back over the weekend to check in!!

Luv Ya'll...
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
:sheep:
Old 03-03-2002, 12:56 AM   #24  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Bye again guys!

Hi guys,
Just a quick post here, what me do a quick post? LOL Anyways I have decided to go see my Dad, Papa again. Only this time I am taking my sons, Dan and Alan, ages 20 and 18 to see their grandpa. He hasn't seen them at all in quite awhile. So they will go with Jerry and myself tomorrow morning. Dad still thinks it is his birthday, remember it was Valentines Day and he had a party at the hospital that Chrissy and her girls arranged? Well when I told him we were all coming he said that we were having a BIG SHINDIG and were celebrating his birthday. So what the heck, I will pick up a cake, and celebrate it once again. LOL I also have an Easter basket I made for him with some chocolate that he loves in it. So he should have a good birthday AGAIN! Also he doesn't know it but my Aunt, his sister, Aunt Carm from Las Vegas is surprising him and flying there to be there too. So it should be a great birthday for him AGAIN!

Oh one more thing, Chrissy's Mom, Mary is in the hospital and not doing well at all. She was in the same nursing home, my Dad is in. But my niece, Emily said she didn't know and they were waiting for Chrissy's sister, Cynthia to come in from Virginia. I think Em said was in a respirator too. She stopped breathing last night and they had to resessitate her too. So please pray for Chrissy's Mom, Mary, she loves her so. She called me on Thursday night and was sooo upset, she loves her Mom so much. In fact when I was there a couple of weeks ago we all went out to lunch with her Mom, Me, Chrissy, Chrssy's daughter, Ellen and my daughter Kelly too. Mary had potato pancakes and just want her to be alright. She is such a sweetheart too.

Anyways bye guys and see you when I come back, but than a few days later I am off to Los Angeles, California again for training for that University Of Michigan study accessing the school children in Indianapolis and across the nation I did a couple of years ago. I will work both H & R Block AND the study at the same time as we are winding down at Block so I did it before so I can do it again.

Take care and talk to you when I get back. Love you, Sharon.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:22 AM   #25  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, I've got good news, bad news and good news....

The good news is that I was down 0.2 lbs. at weigh in on Saturday. (Hey, I'll take it. ) The bad news is that we realized that there was a mistake in the math somewhere and even though I thought I had 2.2 lbs. to lose to get to 40 lbs., I actually had 2.4 lbs. to lose. So now I "still" have 2.2 lbs. to lose.

Ah, but the good news is that I'm feeling positive about it. I'm back on track ... at least for now. I was good food-wise and exercise-wise on Sunday. Rich and I even went out to TGI Fridays for lunch on Saturday and I had grilled chicken over angel hair pasta with tomato sauce. A lot better than cream sauces or cheesy something or whatever. Oh, and we had walked over to the restaurant and back (a little less than a mile) and also spent some time walking around the mall. So far so good....

I have my "real" appointment at the hospital at 4:30 today. Between 4 and 4:30, I have to drink 40 ounces of water and not go to the bathroom until the testing is over. Actually, the appointment's not until 5:00 so sitting there waiting is going to get very very interesting. Oooh, I can hardly wait.

OK, I just glanced down at my "to do" list so I guess I'd better get to it. The old witch is back in the office today but still hasn't said anything about how she screwed up the project and I had to save the day. I'm sure she'll make some comments about me not doing it right or something. Some people are just so petty and pitiful. It's kind of sad, really.

Well, I'm going to fill my water bottle again (requires a brisk walk to the other end of the building) and then dive into all this mess. How many calories burned by typing, do you think?

Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:35 AM   #26  

Default Hi Everyone

Haven't been here in a little while so have to read and catch up on all the posts.

Just really wanted everyone to keep Chrissy's mom and Chrissy and her family in their prayers. Chrissy called me last night and that poor girl has really had a plate full these past few years.
So tonight please say an extra prayer for her. Sandi
Old 03-04-2002, 04:11 PM   #27  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. Woke up to snow this morning. We have been so fortunate not having very much snow snow the last few years, but it is not helping the farmers very much. We are having a bit this week, but it is almost too little too late.

In the weight loss department, this is certainly a better week than last. I lost 4.75 pounds this week, so only have 2.25 pounds of that dreaded 7 pounds to lose. THEN, I can start on the Easter challenge. This does not look very promising, does it? However, it is one day at a time and I know that I will eventually lose it. I just need to learn to be more patient.

Sherry - Congrats on the 3 lb. loss. You are really getting there, girl. Keep up the great work. By the way...What was the bowling score last week?

Jo - Look at you! You have lost. Don't worry about the amount, just be happy that you are finally on that losing road again. I know you can do it and you are soooooo close to that 40 lb. goal. I'm hoping with you that you make it by Easter.

I shake my head every time that I read about your own personal witch. It amazes me that people behave like that in the work place and then don't look after their own work. I'm still shaking my head... Hope everything with her goes well today and that you don't take the brunt of any bad comments. I would think that she would be happy just to have you pick up the pieces and do her work for her, however, some people can never be pleased. You take care.

Sharon / Chrissy - My hear aches for you both. I am so sorry to hear that the health of your parents is not good. You have both had so much to deal with the last little while. My prayers are with you both and with your families.

CJ - Miss you. Hope you are taking care of yourself. Write soon.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:58 AM   #28  
Long Lost Chickie

Just checking in this morning to see if anyone's heard from Chrissy or Sharon. I say my prayers as I lie in bed each evening and Sharon's dad and Chrissy's mom are both in them. If either of you guys are reading this, please know that I've asked God to watch over your families. Love you both. {{{Sharon}}} {{{Chrissy}}}

Peggy, I used to fret over the witch's attitude and stress over what kind of heck she's going to put me through each day but you know what? It's soooo not worth it. I've developed an attitude of just pitying her and feeling sorry for someone who's obviously so unhappy in life that she tries to make everyone else miserable. It's kind of funny though that every now and then I say something about her to someone that works with her and used to be close to her and I find them agreeing with me!!! It seems she's alienating pretty much everyone. It's just a shame that her boss (who's also my boss) is too spineless to take action. Someday she's going to screw something up so badly that it'll really hurt the company and business and hopefully that'll force the management to do something about her. Meanwhile, I don't think about her or talk to her unless absolutely have to and then I act all nice and calm and say "yes, of course" and "no problem, I'll handle that right away" etc.

OK, enough of all that. My appointment at the hospital last night was a nightmare. I was preregistered but they told me I had to be there at 4:30 for a 5:00 appt. anyway. So I drank my 40 ounces of water (had to for the ultrasound) and got there at 4:30 and, of course, had to sit and wait until 10 after 5. The test itself took about a minute and 30 seconds and then she told me to sit in the waiting room until the doctor checked the charts/scans to make sure they were OK. I waited almost an hour!!!! Finally I went up to the desk and asked how much longer I had to wait. With that, the girl who'd done the test wandered by for about the 10th time and the receptionist asked her and she said "oh you can leave". She said it as if to say "what are you still doing here?" I stormed out of the place asking loudly "why couldn't you have told me that an hour ago!?!?" Never again!!! Next time I have a test there and they tell me to sit and wait, I'll tell them I'm leaving and here's a number you can reach me if you need to.

Sorry, I'm venting. Meanwhile, by this time I was starving to death. Didn't help that the receptionist and some of the other people working there were munching pizza. I drove home at the speed of light and found myself in the fridge before even saying hello to Rich or the dog. Stress eating. Comfort food. My big downfall.

Anyway, this morning I'm feeling better about life. Got on the treadmill, had my yogurt for breakfast and I'm having a good hair day. We have another long boring meeting tonight at the VFW but I guess I'll live through it. It's supposed to drop down into the 20's with a wind chill around 0 degrees but I'm still debating whether or not I want to bundle up and walk to the meeting. Hm, maybe next week...

Gotta go. With the boss out of the picture for a little while, I'm catching up on all the stuff that's been on the "low priority to-do list" for months. Hm, and maybe a little 'net surfing at the gardening sites too???

Love you guys!
Jo.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:21 AM   #29  
Conquering with SBD

Yesterday I didn't think that the weather would get any worse, but, guess what. It is not only snowing blizzards here, but the temp is down to -18 with a wind chill to -29. Hubby also had to drive to Calgary last night where the road advisories were not good, so I have been on pins and needles worrying about whether he made it, or not. AAAAAAnnnnndddd, I only snacked on a ff hot dog, that didn't even bring me up to my minimum points last night. Yeah for me, for a change.

Jo - You have such a great attitude towards the 'lady' in your office. I couldn't be the brunt of that kind of treatment over such a long period of time without something happening. You are so smart to handle it that way and just let her dig her own grave.

I can relate to your problems at the hospital yesterday. I have been going through a bunch of tests lately. They just think that you have all the time in the world to wait for them to finish their personal conversations, go for their lunch breaks, etc. Buuut if you are late for your appointment, watch out....

I so admire you for your exercise regimen. I have tried to get the motivation to do something, but just can't seem to get to it (just an excuse, right?). I know that I need to do some weight training to firm up the flab, so I'm trying to set that as my priority with this weight loss program right now. How do you have the energy to get up and work out before you go to work? It's a wonder to me. LOL

Have a great day.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:21 PM   #30  

Default Chrissy's Mom

Received a call from Chrissy this afternoon. Her mom was taken off the respirator and passed away peacefully this afternoon. Please keep her in your prayers. Love to all Sandi
Closed Thread