Old 03-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #60: Motivating March Madness

to the March edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. Fabulous February is behind us and now we find ourselves 3 months into the year. Do you need to get your motivation back? or are you on a fantastic downward curve? Let's lose those mad March pounds and get back to being our best. Maybe things aren't so easy, but we have each other to lean on.

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say , need a friend or just a shoulder to cry on , just jump right in and stay awhile . We'll be glad to have ya.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Well 6 days into March and finally a new thread! It's 11 pm here and I finally get a chance to pop on. We went to walk the dogs today and I see my son riding his wave board down the sidewalk. His friend is bent over and crying his eyes out. Turns out, a bigger bully kid had threatened to beat him (the friend) up and told him that he would send his dad to beat him up as well. So me and my sisters go and find the big bully kid and give him a good talking to. I asked the bully boy how old he was (he was huge--like almost as tall as me and a lot huskier) and he said 10! My draw almost dropped but I reigned it in. I asked him why if he was so much bigger than the "little" kids, why was he picking on them? He hung his head and said "they're always teasing me (like fatso)". So I told him that it wasn't right for them to be teasing him and that I would talk to them about that, but it was even more wrong for him to threaten to beat them up--and if they all couldn't play nicely together or otherwise, then they should all just go home. So that was the playground drama for today

Karen, I wish you a safe trip and pray for your dad's speedy recovery. I know how close you are to him and I'm glad you'll get to be there for him. Oh my gosh, I just noticed your temperature.... 7 degrees???? Keep warm and snuggle up w/Ginger and Sissy. I almost forgot to comment about your brother and the airplane/bus incident! What a funny/scary story!
I'm so glad no one was seriously hurt.

Cherie, the guy w/the lauhala boxes has only the 4" in stock, but is still checking his inventory because he should have the 3" somewhere if not on it's way here to Hawaii. I am waiting to see exactly what he has and how much he wants for them. I know how anxious you are to get them.... sorry, not much help I know. Would the 4" be too big for your purposes? I'll let you know as soon as I know OK?

Boy, I'm beat. I gotta get showered and to bed. You all have a great Friday.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! I am pretty Happy this morning---- I got on the scales and I've lost 3 pounds this week!! Loving my Gazelle!! Now I'm hoping that I don't gain any weight while we are gone this next couple weeks! Hope to try to stay focused as much as possible.

Noelle, You sound so much like me when my kids were young. I would hunt the kids down that were teasing them and if that didn't work I would hunt the parents down. I remember when I was only about 10 or 11 years old my younger brother (the same with the plane/bus incident) was learning to ride his bike. He was coming down the sidewalk and lost control and went on to this guys yard. Now this guy had planted new grass seed and had a "string fence" up around it. I guess he came out of the house and started yelling at my brother to stay off the yard and made my brother cry ( he was about 5 at the time) he came home crying and told my Mom and me and before my Mom could do anything I was out the door and up the street knocking on this guys door! I screamed and yelled at him and told him my brother was just learning to ride his bike and didn't do that on purpose and to never yell at my brother like that again and if he wanted people to stay off his yard he needed to put up more than a string! Well, I guess the poor guy was in shock that this "little girl" would come up to him like that. Long story short we became good friends and I baby sat for them growing up!!

Well, I have got lots to do today to finish getting ready to leave in the morning. I'll try to check back later this afternoon. If not I will check with you all when I get the chance or after we get back.

Enjoy the day and your weekend!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday everyone!

Karen... I hope your dad pulls through this with no complications and I hope you enjoy all the time you get to spend with him and your family..... I am so sorry he is having surgery.. but I am sure you are very excited to spend time with everyone! Please be careful on your drive.... Weather is nicer here in the midwest than where you are.. so at least you should get a break from that!

Keep us posted on your dad! We will be thinking about you!

Noelle... Hey girl.. thanks for starting the new thread.... I bet your new job is keeping you busy... we are missing you around here too!!! Thanks for checking on those boxes.. I sent you an email so hopefully you have gotten that by now.. sent it to the new email address.

I got all my paper stock yesterday for my invitations.. I'll be printing those out this weekend. We are having another open house for Alan's house.... we dropped the price by around 4% last night.. so I am going to hope this will get some more people interested... and at least give us an offer.

OK.. I am about to go meet Alan for lunch... I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll check in later...

OHHHHH... and BTW Karen... a HUGE WTG on the weight loss! That is so awesome! You are rockin that machine! Keep it up!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Saturday ladies Rick and Mikey are out camping so I am free as a bird this weekend . Unfortunately I have to work today, but at least it'll be uninterrupted. Tonight I am meeting up w/my girlfriends to celebrate one of their birthdays. We are going to see a Metallica tribute band then go out for Mexican, maybe have a few margaritas or tequila shots?

I ate SO much yesterday. We had that farewell luncheon for the gal that left the company last week. Our bosses are members of a country club so that's where we went. I tried to be really selective and not eat too many rich foods because I knew I had to weigh in that night... I ended up eating some green salad and fruits, then went on to the seafood newburg (my favorite!!) and they had these deep fried scallops w/some fancy tartar sauce. I had to try one--but it wasn't all that great so I peeled off the fried part and just ate the middle. Then! I wasn't intending on having dessert but as everyone was sitting around drinking their cocktails, my co-worker and I decided to hit the dessert table. I ended up with this deep, dark chocolate torte...it was so delicious and i just cut myself a small slice, so I consider that a victory. But after work, after my sisters and I weighed in, we went to this Japanese buffet and it was $27 p/person so we ate lots... OMG I think I am still full from last night. What a pig! But I did lose 1.6 at my WI bringing me to 41 lbs lost so WOO-HOO!!!! This stressful job is working to my benefit for now.

Karen, first off, CONGRATS on the weight loss. Go gazelle Go!!!! Secondly, I always knew you were a spitfire, even as a kid. I love that story about you and your neighbor. And lastly, you have a safe trip alright? I'll be thinking of you.

Cherie, I love printing my own stuff too. I am working on a design for my parents' 50th anniversary and will have to print up some invites next month. I love browsing for the paper samples. I did get your email, I will keep my eyes open for other sizes. It's funny, I came across some at WalMart, but they were all the bigger 4" ones. The 3" is a really good size so they are a bit hard to find. But don't worry, I'll get them for you...I've got to pull some strings a little harder I guess

Hi to Cal Hope you can stop in this weekend. Only a few more days til spring break right?

Everyone have a great weekend. I'll be thinking of you all.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #6  

Hey everyone.. I am here.. barely... I got sick again on Saturday.. and I just can't seem to beat it. Stuffy head, runny nose, sore throat.. ICK.. and to top it all off, I had an adjustment with the ortho yesterday, so my teeth hurt...

Anyway... no feeling sorry for myself... I did get on the treadmill at lunch and did 2 miles.

Noelle.. you are just rocking on the weight loss! Wow... I need to figure out what you are doing and see if it will rub off on me. I am just being so lazy and letting time just slip by.

The invites are looking good... I should have them finished by the end of the week. I'll post them once they are done!

Thanks again for searching for those boxes for me! I really do appreciated it!

Mucho Mahalos!

OK... I am ready to go home. My mouth is just not happy, and we would be better off not being at work! :-) Hannah had her retainer placed back in yesterday.. and her poor mouth is hurting too... I can take it, but it's tough for me to have to watch her being in pain.

Anyway... I just wanted to check in really quick.... I need to get back to my work! I'll talk to you all soon!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #7  

Hello Wednesday! Still sick... but working my way through the week! Alan and I sat down last night and assembled the invitations. I don't think we will actually send them out for another couple of weeks.... but here are some pictures!

I'm going back to the ortho this afternoon... the bracket they placed on my crown has come off.... and since I want my teeth to MOVE... they need to figure out another plan. I'll check in later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8614.jpg (15.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8592.jpg (22.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8610.jpg (13.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8603.jpg (20.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 03-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #8  

My Dress is IN!!!! And I can't fit into it.... what motivation is that??????? 80 days... I can almost fit.. so I just need to get on the ball....

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...tes/dress4.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...tes/dress3.jpg

OMG.. my dress is HERE.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:26 AM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Whew, finally a moment to breathe! I got through my first payroll today at work and it was a BIG TEST! I went all the way down to the wire to get it in too. I had to submit it by 12 noon (before 6 pm eastern) and I probably had less than a minute left before it transmitted. Whew!!! I missed a few little things that I know of, but nothing that can't be corrected next go 'round. OMG I know I will be stressing all over again on Friday when the checks finally come in. I hope hope hope hope hope hope hope I didn't mess up anything too badly At least I was taught how to make the manual check entries, in case I screwed up so badly than I'll have to cut 85+ manual checks

Cherie, OMG those invites are BEAUTIFUL! So tropical and fitting! You are really talented! Your dress is gorgeous and YOU WILL fit into it girl. 80 days is time enough to get slinky enough to slide right into that dress. I guess I really need to get my butt into gear and get you those boxes. I wanna choke that guy I know. Only today he tells me he doesn't have the 3" and if he were to order them it would take 60-75 days and they would have to be made... durrrrr, tell me earlier doofus and I can look elsewhere! . You need 150 right? Oh, and the beach mats? You wanted 5? Those are really easy to get. Did you want the ones with the colored ribbon-like edging on them? or the wider weave lauhala looking ones? I can get either pretty easily. You can PM me your phone # so if I find something I can call you on the spot. Were you going to cut then into something like a dinner placement size? Hmm,so many questions i know...

Karen, hope you guys made it over to MO OK. Hope dad is in good spirits and you as well. Thinking of you!

Gotta run and grab a shower then to bed. Have a great evening.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #10  

Good Morning! Just thought that I would pop in for a minute here and let you know that my Dad's surgery was postponed but he will have it tomorrow. He goes in at noon tomorrow and will stay overnight then back at home on Saturday if all goes well.

We've been looking at lots of houses back here and yesterday my Dad went driving with us. We went and looked at a house that my parents owned where I was born!! My Dad said that he paid $6,000 for it back then, now they want $70,000 for it! It would really be neat to live in the house where I was born but it is really small and OLD!!! Our realtor called here the other day and they have someone very interested in our house but it will be at least a month before they can do anything. Guess we just have to try to be patient!

Well, I just wanted to pop in for a minute and let you know what was going on here. I'll try to get back and write more later.

Have a great day!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #11  

Hey everyone.. this is going to be short.... feeling MISERABLE.

Karen.. I'll keep you and your dad in my prayers... I hope he has a very easy surgery tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed as well for your house. Hopefully these people will be serious and will make you an offer. Enjoy your stay at home.. hopefully you will be there soon for good.

Noelle.. WTG on your first payroll. I know that can be stressful! I ran payroll on Tuesday myself. I am sure you did a fantastic job!!!! How do you like doing that again?

As for the beach mats.. I ordered some through asianideas.com and they came in earlier this week. They are the straw kind, I didn't know there were the woven ones.. those would probably be better... (that was more of the look I was going for) however, I am going to see if these will work for me. I am going to cut them down to a 20x20 inch square... and TRY to stain them. Not sure if the straw will take the stain or now.. I don't see why it wouldn't. Anyway.. I'll let you know how that project goes. If you know of a place that even has the 2x2x2 or 2.5x2.5x2.5... those would be fine too... I'll keep checking to see if I can find someone online as well.... I'll PM you my number here in a few....

Anyway.. I am going to get off here.... I'll talk to you all soon.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #12  

Good Morning everyone! After my last post, last Thursday... I left work and went to the emergency clinic. I had a severe upper respiratory tract infection. I got some good medicine, went home.. and stayed in bed for the next three days. I am feeling MUCH better now. Still fighting it a little, but nothing like last week.

Today.... I started my day out around 4:30 AM this morning to Hannah throwing up. She isn't running a fever, but I think the combination of chili yesterday for lunch, and key lime pie for dinner (the acid in the limes and lemons) may have done a number on her stomach overnight. She hasn't had a very happy morning. She is currently at home, on the couch with the two dogs laying on her feet.. resting. Alan is still home, and says he hasn't heard a peep out of her.. so hopefully she is feeling better.

It's also a very cold and dreary day... 45 degrees and heavy rains. I would like to be curled up at home myself.

Noelle.. how are things going? When is your next weigh in?

Karen... how is your father doing? I've been thinking about you guys over the weekend. Please check in soon....

OK... I am going to start studing now, I have my PHR class tonight. It's spring break here, so our class was moved around. Talk to you guys later!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #13  

Good Morning! We got home Sunday night about 9:00 We left my brother's about 9:00 their time Sunday morning. We had a good trip and didn't hit any weather at all until we got to a little town called Fowler and then it was rain. But by the time we got to Pueblo it as down around 35 and snowing and blowing! We ended up following a snow plow from Pueblo to Colorado Springs which is about 40 miles. But I was so happy to be following him! There were accidents everywhere. When we got up to Woodland Park it was warmer and not windy or snowing! But by the time we drove the last 20 miles to our house it was snowing again.

My Dad did great! He was so confused at first because he had no memory of the surgery at all (which is the way it is supposed to be) and he had absolutely no pain afterwards. The Dr.s said it might be a little tender but he said it wasn't. My brother picked him up from the hospital on Saturday and we all met them at a diner for lunch! He was supposed to wear a sling on his left arm and not move it around to much for the day but he was so ornery and said his arm wasn't broke and he wouldn't wear the sling! But after they got back to my brother's he kind of settled down and put the sling back on and then was being "good" again! They just wanted him to take it easy for the next couple days after the surgery so he didn't pull the wires. I just talked to my sister and he stays with her during the day and they were watching "Judge Joe Brown" He loves his court shows!!

Cherie, I love your dress! It is beautiful! I know you are going to be a beautiful bride! Sure hope you get to feeling better soon and Hannah too.

Well, I need to get things going around here this morning. We need to go and get groceries. Played catch up with laundry yesterday and got suitcases unpacked. Today is warmer, yeah we are up to 30 degrees and the sun is shining!

Take care and have a good day!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #14  

Cherie, Just went back and looked at your invitations. Those are so pretty. I tried to look at them on my brothers' computer and couldn't see them very well. Just wanted to tell you that.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Hello my favorite ladies I am on my lunch break and snuck away to my "other" office...what a life eh? Anyway, I am supposed to be going back to my office and finding a new computer, hopefully it's done by the time I get back! I am wishing for a new monitor too, but I won't get my hopes up too high.

Karen, I am so glad everything went smoothly for your dad. He sounds like a typical man! I'm glad you had smooth travels as well, happy to have you back. I forwarded Cherie your email about the Key West wedding dress I sent that to my bosses at work and they loved it too

Cherie, I am talking w/a lady about the boxes, I am supposed to call her back in 30 minutes to find out if she has the number you need. I sent you an email about it. She said the shipping will cost about half of what the boxes cost... I'll let you know when I know, hopefully today! Sorry to hear you were under the weather, and Hannah too. Wishing you all healthy vibes :

OMG, I went to my WI last Friday and was down 2.2 lbs I guess consistency is key. My plan is pretty much this--from the weekend, I eat pretty much what I want IN MODERATION and then Monday thru Friday I stay OP and exercise. The past few weeks the lbs have been coming off, it might be the stress of the new job helping as well . But I am in the 170's and loving it. I am a few lbs away from my last lowest weight ...almost to the point where when I look into the mirror, I like what I see... almost. This Friday is Good Friday and I may go to a picnic in the evening. My sisters and I are too cheap to buy tickets to a show, but we can sit outside on the lawn of the Waikiki Shell and listen for free! I think the band Incubus is playing... anyway, gotta head back to work soon. Enjoy your evening!