Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #39

Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-19-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Cristina -
Thanks for the new thread!

I have to get off my butt and go get Rach a vanilla bean latte something or another. Yesterday I got it wrong, she is going to keep sending me back until I get it right. haha
Going to spend time w/ Gab and get her attitude adjusted,she isn't a baby anymore....she is like a pre,pre,pre teen. ugh.

Going to go get some chicken for lunch and cottage cheese.
Meant to say too that I liked Carly & David from last nights Americal Idol.

k- later chicks.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

darn it! SusieQ beat me in here!

nothing really new on this end.....Tommy called me and told me that he got a "promotion" at work! he is now at a different shop working from 7am to 5pm instead of 4am to 4pm! He is hoping to have Saturday off so we can take the kids to an Easter Egg hunt. I am catching up on my AI from last night. Brandon did this really cute picture at school today. It was an Easter Bunny with a poem next to it, and the bunny's ears were Brandon's foot prints! It is really cute and it is one that I am going to treasure forever! After Easter, Tommy has mentioned that we are going to get a family picture done. We will also have to get Logan and Marissa pictures done by themselves. It is a tradition since my mom had my oldest sister that for every girls first birthday, they are photographed in the famous yellow dress. I have the yellow dress and I can't wait to get her picture taken in it! I am hoping that she will have enough hair to put into some kind of pony tail or some cute little barrettes.

Sassy~ I hope you guys don't float away! I heard on the news that Ohio is under Flood Watch or Warning, I can't remember which one right now. Thanks for that article.

Jules~ I hope that you can figure out which one it is.....I would love to have a massage right now! But then again, I would love to have one done once a day if it were at all possible!

Cristina~ I have the Biggest Loser: Cardio Max workout dvd, and boy is it a work out! Right now I am doing the level one workout and boy let me tell you Bob Harper can kick your butt in no time! I have been doing it every day (except for last Saturday and Sunday) and I found something today......my abs! When I talked to Tommy at his 9:30 break this morning, I told him that I had abs of fire.

Katy~ I hope you all feel better and stay that way! I have a feeling that these kids of mine will be sick for the next week....so I am kind of glad that Brandon has Spring break next time! And so therefore I am hoping that he will be 100% healthy when he goes back to school!

SusieQ~ I have noticed that if Brandon is around, well any of my kids actually, older kids, the attitudes of the older kids rub off on my kids. Especially if we go up to my parents house and the boys are playing with my younger brother Sean. I will try and figure out how to post his school picture when we get them....I am hoping that I can see it online after we get them in 2-3 weeks! Nope, we didn't get one with the Easter Bunny. That was actually this past Sunday, and in all honesty I forgot all about it even though it was written on the calendar! OOPS!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 03-19-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: SusieQ beat me!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #4  

I have to agree SusieQ......I haven't seen them all yet, but I would agree that David and Carly are great! I think that it will come down to the two of them. My pick for top three would be Jason Castro, David Cook and Carly Smithson.

And I hope that Amanda goes soon! I had to agree with Simon's comments about her needing to change her voice technique and to sing something different WITHOUT adding the bluesy stuff to it.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Okay, I am back...

Started a new thread since we were close to the 100 posts, hope that's okay.

No luck finding anything, well, for DD, lol. She didn't find a sweater, er, cardigan...whatever, lol. So I had the one to exchange or get a refund and exchanged for a pair of capri's for me, lol. Ran by the grocery store to get milk and a couple of other things even though I buy groceries tomorrow. Went ahead and bought a ham for Easter dinner. I haven't cooked anything for Easter in I don't know how long. Not going to be anything special, just ham, potatoes, rolls and I don't know what else...nothing like having a plan eh?

SUSAN...just put your foot down missy and tell the ex no! You want Gaby for Easter. It's a fun one and I would want her for Easter too! Of course I would never want to share her so with me he would be out of luck, lol. Kidding...I know you guys have to have a civil relationship for the sake of Gaby but still....and I meant what I said...you ARE a sweetie!

JULES...good to see you checking in lady. Aaahhhhh, a massage, and a visit to the chiro....both sound so relaxing right now. I woke in a pi&&y mood but once I started exercising I think I worked it away, sort of.

KATY...glad the kids are well Enjoy your visit with your momma and to Lincoln, have to look it up and see where you and SuzyQare talking about.

SASSY...I can't keep cookies around here, I will eat too many. I think sweets are my downfall so I just buy bananas and granola bars to satisfy me. I could eat bananas all day, lol. Going to have to check out this guys plan/program. Any plan you can eat cheeseburgers and fries sounds good to me! Sorry don't have any suggestions for movies. Last I looked there was nothing playing that I wanted to see and haven't seen much of anything advertised. Hopefully, you find something you guys want to see.

MINDEE...another cute avatar! Love the costumes, especially the care bear one...loved the care bears since the kids were little. Hey, we learn something new everyday...here I always thought purse snatchers went after the ones with the longer straps. Hoping you do post the school pic of Brandon and can't beleive their BD's are almost here!

SUE...hope it's warmed up for ya and the rain has stopped!

Anywho...I probably should go look some more for a song. Still undecided. I want to find the 'perfect' one, if there is such a thing. Well, there is, just the two I like sound kind of depressing. It's supposed to be a happy occasion. not depressing. I don't want to be crying all night. And I need to find a recipe for a pistacchio (sp? too lazy to see if it's correct) salad I want to fix for Sunday.

Take care ladies, and have a GREAT day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-19-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Mindee-
On the run! Sorry about posting before you, I couldn't contain myself from posting -
Krsity Lee has to go before Amanda, she does really odd things w/ her eyes. I don't care if she is from Oregon. lol
Congrats on the promotion!!
bbl,...
Old 03-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Hey....no fair! You ladies beat me!

HIYA SUSAN! Now go give Gaby that adjustment, lol. You are welcome for the new thread...its the least I can do and I had time so...

MINDEE...isn't it weird you you feel things you haven't in such a long time? I actually found my hips and collar bone, lol. to Tommy getting a promotion! Love the yellow dress tradition!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Cristina - crap girl....I need to go, people keep sneaking in. Sorry you didn't find anything w/ the shopping, means you can go out again - haha. Easter is mine! I need *Gaby time* and get her back in line....
k- starving - bbl
Old 03-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Susan...go, go do whatcha gotta do, go eat! No, no more going out. I think we have definitely had our fill of shopping, ugh! I really don't like shopping, lol...serious!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #10  

just popping back in.....

SusieQ~ Not a problem about beating me in here. I figured that someone would since I was writing a novel like I usually do! LOL We usually have to have a "retraining" phase with the boys after we go up to my parents house because they start to act like my younger brother Sean.

Cristina~ Thanks about my avatar. The costumes, will more then likely be reversed though at actual Halloween time! The Care Bear costume is too tight on Brandon, and the Elmo is too big for Logan. So, hopefully they have a change of heart when it comes time to put them on! But then again, isn't that how it normally goes? The kids tend to want the one that is too big or too small for them? In all honesty, I don't think I have ever felt my abs like I am feeling them now. I didn't even feel them like I am now when I was in high school and had to take gym freshman year! I have found my stomach area as well! I have never had a flat belly, but I am getting really close to one now!

As for AI......I have to agree....Kristy Lee has to go at some time.....but I just hope Amanda goes first! My hubby keeps rooting for Kristy Lee......I guess because she is a blond.

I have a little Cheese Puff eating machine next to me. The boys are watching Dora OnDemand, and Marissa is trying to see if she can eat the whole bag of cheese puffs herself! She is turning around in the high chair to try and find where I keep pulling them from!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good soggy afternoon. I had a nice lunch and visit with my BFF. Applebee's for soup and salad. I didn't even have a margarita today. I am so good! We went to Hobby LObby and Kohl's. Gosh HL has 50% off most of their decorative items and some are so lovely. I bought 2 pieces of pottery and a ceramic ball. Hope they all look good on my empty pot shelf.
SusieQ- Yes, my kids are grown. DD#1 lives here and is 42. She has two of my "grands" and 3 of my step "grands." Her two are a 21 y.o son and 17 y.o daughter. DD is such a help to me with looking after things here when we travel. And just a real joy..as are all my kids, of course.
DD#2 is 39 and in CA and has 2 sons. The oldest is 18 and the "baby grand" is 7. She also has a step-DD who is 10. I talk to her often and IM, but sure miss them. The 18 y.o. lives here.
DS is going to be 28 Fri. He is in CA, has his own business and is almost finished with law school. He lives and has the business with my step son who is 37, Both of them are single.
So see...I really am "over the hill." Most of you on here could be my child!

Okay..now I talked so long I don't have time for the other indies. I will be back. And ya'll be good until I do.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 AM   #12  

just popping in to check on everyone....I will be back tomorrow, well later today since it is after midnight!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #13  
One day at a time

Just a quick Hi while I wait for the lazy girl to get up. Got 45 mns of exercise in and now I am doing the waiting game...so HATE waiting on people! Going to go buy groceries...thank goodness I don't have much to get because I am tired of all the running. I need a break for sure. Anyway...then I am running to the scrapbook store to see if they have a wedding album. Thought I would make one for J & C for Christmas...ha, it will take that long to get it together, lol. Anywho...will be back to do individuals. Have a good day!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Just poppin in to say Hi to everyone
Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Morning lassies...Quick note for SusieQ. Are you watching the new Bachelor? I know you loved the show in the past. Anyway, I think he is a doll...and with the British accent, so yummy. But, the reason for going there is to say he was just on Ellen. He said he DID fall in love and he DID pick one of the girls. (and he thought the panties in his pocket was a gross move) LOL. I am hoping that he doesn't so something totally stupid in the coming weeks to make me dis-like him. They usually do! It's a man thing.
Some of those girls were really bad though!

Okay...off to get started on some house work. Back soon.

Last edited by suetalks; 03-20-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Closed Thread