Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 AM   #91  

Happy Birthday Mel!
Many Happy, Healthy and Feel Good Returns!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:15 AM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

She is still being awfully quiet. Maybe she did cancel March 7th
Old 03-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #93  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

A very happy, happy birthday to you Mel!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #94  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

You can run but you can't hide Mel. We have Worldly Chicks stationed all over the place to seek you out. Hope you have a terrific day full of lots of pleasant surprises and much happiness

Our winter snow is due later this afternoon. What fun that will be (not )

I have a lot of work to do so I'm going to just hunker down and get on with it. We still have a snow shovel if needed. Will be cold tomorrow but melted by Sunday afternoon.

Hope you enjoy it Ceejay

Can't hang around here right now. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #95  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Birthday!!!!!

...and many more.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #96  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies --

I went to the gym yesterday and did 45 min. of cardio and 1/2 hour of strength training - mostly legs, abs and back, and I used lighter weights when we did the arms so I wouldn't make my hand worse. I've wrapped it again today. After work, I'm going to the gym for about 45 minute of cardio, but no weights today.

Ellen - You've got quite a job ahead of you with moving furniture and laying tile! Best of luck and please post a photo of your new floor! Take care of yourself. I hope the rest of your family doesn't get sick.

Shad - It's so great that you've met a few of the ladies on this thread. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to the States. I've met Happy too. And her DH and mine have some common interests too. I like your advice about house renovation about taking big projects and breaking them down into smaller, more manageable ones. I'll take that to heart so I don't feel so overwhelmed. What is Groote and what kind of training do you do?

Mel -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a wonderful, wonderful day!!

Happy - Good for you for keeping a snow shovel. I'm sure it brings back such fond memories of Chicagoland weather - NOT!

Gotta sign off for now. So a big "HI" to everyone! Hope you all have a great day, especially Mel!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #97  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happiest of Birthdays Mel....

Happy...we are in for the same weather you are. YUCK.

Have a marvy Friday.

Love and Hugs
Old 03-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #98  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Taffy Apple Salad recipe - Only 1 WW Pt per 1 Cup serving

Here's a recipe for a totally yummy salad that a co-worker brought to our potluck yesterday. Best of all....only 1 WW Pt. per 1 cup serving!! Enjoy!

Taffy Apple Salad

Ingredients:

6 to 8 Granny Smith Apples (cut into cubes)
8oz tub of fat free Cool Whip.
1 small package of Sugar Free Instant Butterscotch Pudding
1 Large can of Pineapple chunks/tidbits (drain and reserve the liquid)
__________________________________________________ ___

Directions

Mix Cool Whip and dry pudding together
Add pineapple and stir
Add reserve liquid until creamy consistency
Mix in apples (mix well enough so that each piece of apple has a good coating of the "taffy" mixture.)

Chill and serve (preferably overnight)
__________________________________________________ ____

1 cup = 1 Weight Watcher point

Makes for a great, very low point yummy dessert, plus you get fruit and fiber from the apples!!

I'll probably make some this weekend.

Last edited by diyana; 03-07-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELODY

Can't blame you for sleeping in.

michelle
the recipe sounds really good. may have to try this one also.

My sister from Mo will be here the last week of March. Can't wait to see them. I'll be going to Mo in May for my nephew's wedding.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-07-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #100  

Height: 5'5"

one last post before I take everything down. I was supposed to start earlier, but had a late night helping DH make a network cable. He was using new clips, and he kept cuting the smaller wires in the cable, so he had to keep starting over. I would have had it b4 him,except when I trimmed mine, I cut them too short, then tried to expose more wire, and I cut thru . Ah well, at least I learned that all my knowledge is not lost. I am one capable woman, I do floors, toilets, sinksnad I know how to wire. LOL Just wish I could keep the house clean, LOL Hope everyone has a wonderfull weekend! hoping I will have to comp back up and running Sat afternoon

Later Chicas!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #101  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ellen
I am like you. I can do all kinds of things. My father didn't have any boys. I was working on cars, helping to wire our house and laying brick before I was old enough to learn to wear heels lol. Now, I will do anything as long as it does NOT cause me to break a nail lol. HEY we have to draw the line somewhere.

di
I have all those things in the house. We are going to have that after dinner tonight YUMMMMM. Take care of that hand.

We already have 3 inches of snow in the last 2 hours. They are calling for 1 to 15 by Saturday night. The back of my knee is bothering me again so while I am doing the walking videos that is all I am doing. No moves just the walking holding 2lb weights. Going to give that knee a break today. Figure instead of doing two 2 mile videos and 40 min of resistance training today. I will do three 2 mile videos ( just the walking with 2lb weights ) and 40 min resistance ( upper body ) training.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #102  

we have snow on the ground. Wish the flakes were bigger
Old 03-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #103  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

At last Ceejay has her wish and there is snow on the ground. Now she is wishing for more. Be careful what you wish for Ceejay.

Short note today, I am going on a bit of R & R this weekend. A friend from Townsville days rung to say that her fiance was in town and she would like us to meet up. So after Body Balance class I am off to have an early lunch with her. Yesterday another friend from the very early Townsville days rung to say he is home for the weekend and can we meet up for breakfast, so that will be Sunday. On Monday I have to go down to NSW for the funeral of Chris (from down the road not Japan Chris) father. He passed away on Thursday. Chris has been my friend for a very long time and I like her Mum very much. So I've a 90 minute drive to get down there next week. Now there is a story for all of you wavering on giving up the fat fight. Chris' Dad was a very big man. He put on weight steadily in his later years. Then he had to walk with a cane because his knees buckled under the weight. From a cane to a walker and then to a wheelchair. He developed emphysema from a lifetime of smoking and little exercise, and suffered chronic back pain from the pot belly pushing the spine out of shape and aggravating an underlying scoliosis (sp) condition. Then he started to fall. Lost his balance going from the bed to the chair and he was too big for his little wife to pick up so the ambulance men had to come pick him up and dust him off. Finally he got jaundice and turned yellow and his liver failed and then his kidneys. I've seen pictures of this man in his youth and he was reed slim. Then he decided not to exercise and so developed all of the above. I say he decided because we all have a choice in these things. Sure when the kids are small and you are frantically busy it isn't easy to fit in ME TIME, but it is vital, don't put it off.
So for all of you out there who don't believe that exercise and diet count or who are waivering in their belief - read the above again. He died of heart failure due to obesity and chronic liver conditions (including a couple of tumours) Lesson terminated at this point.

I'll try and get back later tonight to comment, meantime time to go and sort out breakfast, gym, showers, clean clothes etc.

Last edited by Shad; 03-07-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #104  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD...I DO WANT TO SAY FIRST THAT I AM SO SORRY ABOUT CHRIS' DAD. VERY SAD.

HUGS AND BIG THANK YOUS TO ALL OF YOU. YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL PART OF MY LIFE AND I WISH YOU HAD ALL BEEN HERE TODAY. THEN MY BIRTHDAY WOULD HAVE BEEN COMPLETE. JEN AND ANTOINETTE GAVE ME A BIG PARTY FOR MY BIRTHDAY. I WAS SHOCKED. RIGHT AFTER I CAME HOME FROM A BIG FOOD SHOPPING TRIP, JOHN PICKED A FIGHT WITH ME AND HAD ME FOLLOW HIM INTO THE CONFERENCE ROOM TO SETTLE IT. JUST AS I WAS BEGINNING TO YELL, HE THREW THE SLIDING DOORS OPEN AND EVERYONE STARTED SCREAMING AND TAKING PICTURES. I DAMN NEAR FAINTED!
I HAVEN'T HAD A BIG PARTY LIKE THAT IN OVER 30 YEARS. I AM STILL STUNNED. WE STAYED LATE AND NOW EVERYONE HAS GONE HOME. ANT SHUT DOWN THE OFFICES AND PUT A PHONE IN OUR ROOM. WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME.
NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT THE CHICKEN MARSALA, SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS..........
I NEED A NICE HOT SHOWER AND A WEE REST. IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY.
THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD THOUGHTS.
SWEET DREAMS AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #105  

Mel
You deserved every last bit of this day. Goodness you are already for St patty's day. I hadn't thought about it.

Shad
Sorry to hear about your friend's dad. ((hugs))

It's been a good day.
Closed Thread