Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #76  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RECIPE #41.
Heat oven to 450F.
Spread individual prebaked pizza crusts (Boboli) with pesto.
Layer with slices of plum tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Bake 8 minutes until cheese is melted.
Serve with a nice salad and Italian Vinagrette.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #77  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh Mel....

Make the latest recipe for me and deliver. I love love love Pesto, tomatos and mozzarella. Yummy yummy.....

We are having yet ANOTHER snow storm tomorrow, I am hoping the weatherman gets it wrong. 4-7 inches of snow. Good thing I was borned and raised in this hick state and know how to deal, drive and curse this stuff. haha. Hoosier.

It is one of my manager's BDs today. Last night the other managers filled his floor about 2 feet deep with blown up balloons, can't even walk in there. He just cracked when he saw it.

Not much else happening.....

Stay healthy and happy.

Love and Hugs
Old 03-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #78  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thanks for the recipe Mel - I may have to try it on no meat Friday tomorrow. I am so excited. It appears our tiny cafeteria has revamped their menu. While they have the traditional southern catch it, batter it and deep fry it - they have also gone to some lighter foods.I didn't notice until I got the mannicoti that they now have wraps in the cold case - roasted vegetable chicken salad and turkey - all on whole wheat tortillas with lots of veggies, no sauce. There are also more vegetables on the salad bar (tho half the bowls are still too far in the back out of my reach but it is nice to see these healthy changes.

Even tho I had a glass of wine with dinner last night, I have been trying hard to make good choices and not exceed my points for the day. I am about to go take a walk around the building to earn and burn some activity points so that I don't have to eat a traditional weight watchers "I've used up all my points so I'm having FF/Sugar Free hot chocolate and air popped popcorn for dinner tonight" I cringe when I see people doing that. Eat a plain veggie salad or a nice vegetable soup instead.

Oh Annie - I'm sorry you're getting more snow. We might get some too - they say they are predicting 12 inches in some spots in Arkansas. Nothing like that here but we might get some accumulation which means it will be on the streets here. I hope you escape it.

Mel - that's too funny about the grandson dining with you - watch out for those stray seeds in the keyboard - you might wind up cussssssssssssssssssssssing us one day with a stuck key Are you saying you JUST found a pair of your pants from Shad's visit in June? Are you THAT backlogged on laundry or did you stuff them wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the back of the dryer?

And I am NOT goofing off on work time. It's my lunch - so there Off to now
Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #79  

Greetings all!
Thanks for the support and good cheer.
The MD gave me AWESOME DRUGS. and I'm feeling much better.
Shad: Send a photo of your kitty and I'll practice painting her/him. My cat sort of looks gelled and moussed... not "soft and furry"... but I'm working on it.

Diyana: CONGRATS ON TEENSY PANTS!
Mel: Thanks for the reminder about food choices. Perhaps the constant "medication" of Cadbury eggs and KitKat bars won't be "necessary" any longer.
CeeJay-- We're getting snow now.. my neighbor's room looks like it ran into Martha Stewart on a tear with powdered sugar.

New medical report:
Went to PCP for more thorough diagnosis of why leg was hurting (even though thrombosis has been ruled out). Found out it could be: arthritis, disc/back problem, Tamoxifen side effect, Lipitor side effect. She sent me for x-rays to rule out (or in) arthritis. She gave me AWESOME NEW DRUGS! I think I said that before. They are prohibited for people allergic to codeine. No wonder I like them: Codeine is my old friend!! I should have a report on the X-rays by tomorrow. And if things don't get better w/o the Tamoxifen, I'll probably have to re-start that, but eliminate the Lipitor. THEN, if it's all still the same, they can do the $$$MRI to see if there is a herniated disk.

Anyway, the drugs, cold weather and pain relief are really helping!!
Depression lifting....
Old 03-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Guess you can blame me on the lastest snow, that is if we get any thing. The weather channel says we are and the local weathermen are all excited.

Happy
Memphis is supposed to get some snow too. Good thing it's the week end.

Painter
Glad your MD is listening to you. Glad you are feeling better. Pain can be very depressing when no one believes in you. Have you been to Borders lately?

I could really use a nap about now but I still have some things to do. ugh.

When I was at the grocery store my neighbor spoke my name. I finally have held her baby. She is 11 pounds and almost 6 months old.

Every one have a good day. For those who have snow,I'm jealous.
Take care.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #81  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD...THE LOCAL STORE SAYS IT WILL CARRY "CAPILANO AUSSIE HONEY: BUSH CLASSIC AND ALSO COASTAL MILD" I HOPE THEY HAVE THEM THERE TOMORROW. I AM GOING TO TAKE A LOOK AND SEE IF I CAN'T GET SWETENED UP AUSSIE STYLE
AND BTW...THE MAINT. MEN KNOW THE WAY TO MY HEART IS THRU THE FRAPPUCCINO. THEY LEARNED QUICK HUH??? NOW WILLY SAYS NO ONE CAN BUY THEM FOR ME!!!

ANNIE~ I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SNOW BUT I AM WISHING IT WAS HERE!! I FEEL VERY CHEATED THIS WINTER...WE HAD NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WILL GET A SLED DOG AND DELIVER THE PESTO CREATION TO YOU SO GET READY

HAPPY~ GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE WORK MENU! COMPANIES ARE REALIZING THEY NEED TO MAKE CHANGES!! ALSO CONGRATS ON THE POINTS AND NOT GOING OVERBOARD!! I HAVE A HAMPER IN THE BATHROOM. THERE HAS BEEN WASH THAT CAME AND WENT AND CAME AND WENT BUT I NEVER GOT INTO IT! NOW I LOOKED INSIDE AND THERE WAS THE BATHMAT AND A PAIR OF PJ PANTS IN THERE I'VE BEEN BAGGING UP THE REST AND HAVE ABOUT 5 MORE LOADS TO GO WITH THE WINTER QUILT AND BLANKET. NEXT TIME I AM DRAGGING IT DOWN SOUTH AND HAVE A GOOD CHAT WITH YOU WHILE I TEST OUT THE WASHER AND DRYER AT YOUR PLACE :swimming:

CEEJAY~ SEND SOME TO ME TOO IF YOU GET IT!! HOW WAS THE NAP??? NICE TO HOLD THE BABIES. I LOVE THEIR JOHNSON & JOHNSON POWDERY SMELL!

OFF TO THE SUPERMARKET IN THE MORNING. AND I AM HAVING A LUNCHEON WITH ANTOINETTE. SEE YA LATER IN THE DAY FRIDAY.
HAPPY FRIDAY THEN AND LET'S HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALSO!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #82  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies --

I'm not going to type much today as I've got a minor sprain of my right thumb and wrist. I think I bent my thumb back awkwardly while doing weights night before last. It hurt yesterday and hurt worse last night and today. So I iced it last night which helped a bit and my hand/wrist is wrapped in an ACE bandage now, but it still hurts. I'm still going to the gym tonight for cardio and weights...but I'll be careful how I lift weights with my right hand (if I do at all).

Mel - How sweet that the man gave you a stuffed frog. When you mentioned opening a window and doing your cleaning, I could almost smell the fresh clean air. I'm looking forward to warmer weather when we can open up the windows and let the fresh air in. Where do you live, Mel, that you were lucky enough to not get any snow?

Shad - Happy B'Day to your DS1. Glad to hear that your DS2's finger still works well. With all the stress and change going on in your life, don't worry about the scale. Just keep it up as it will help you deal with the stress and feel great, and you'll see results soon. Your days are always so full! You always have lots going on and you're doing so much around your house. I wish I had half the energy you have. I'm noticing improvement in my energy from eating right and exercising...but when I think of all the stuff I need to get done in the house it just seems very overwhelming.

Ellen - How exciting that you and Shad are doing such exciting remodeling/redecorating projects!!

Happy - Judging from the times of your posts, you're up late. I am sound asleep shortly after 10 pm (and I get up around 5:15 or 5:30). I don't even see midnight on the weekends....a party animal I am NOT I marvel at people like Shad who start the day with exercising...I just can't get myself up any earlier to allow time for exercise. And to answer your question, I have 3 adorable Miniature Schnauzers - a 7 year old salt & pepper colored male named Doppler, a 2 year old white male named Santa, and a black female puppy who is nearly one year old named Mischief. One of the dogs we had when you and I met passed away suddenly a little over a year ago. We ended up getting Mischief a month or so afterward. I injured my back 2-1/2 years ago and it's quick to remind me when I do something stupid. I'm looking forward to losing more weight and strengthening my core so my back will get stronger as well. Good for you for staying within points. We had a potluck at work today. I brought a spinach, romaine and strawberry salad. Yum!! And I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with a small amount of lite mayo...there wasn't any mustard. I walked by all the fattening foods, though it was very difficult.

Annie - Not another snow storm! We might get flurries tomorrow...but mostly just partly cloudy and cold (highs in the 20s and low 30s). When will spring ever get here?

Painter - Glad to hear you're feeling better and that the doc gave you better drugs. When you mentioned "Martha Stewart on a tear with powdered sugar", I cracked up!

Ceejay - If you want to see snow, you're more than welcome to come to my house. In our yard, the snow depth ranges from 4" to over 2'. Funny you say your jealous of those of us with snow. I'm jealous of those of you who are already seeing spring flowers bloom.

Gotta sign off for now. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #83  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

di
I sure hope you hand feels better soon.

Cee
They are telling us we are going to get the worst storm every. My gosh it is a beautiful day out there lol.

Painter
I sure hope they find out what is wrong and fix it for you. Will keep you in my prayers.

Happy
That is good they are finally serving foods that don't want to kill us. Makes it much easier to eat when we aren't at home. Happy anniversary.

annie
You mean people know how to drive in snow there lol. I live right at the outside of the snow belt here in Ohio. You would think people around here don't drive in snow every darn winter.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #84  

Height: 5'5"

Not sure if we are supposed to get more snow. I know it was forcasted earlier in the week, but never came. Hoping that it is not too bad. Dh and I are planning on tearing up the rest of the carpet in the back (dinning/family room) and getting the new floor down this weekend. We originally wanted to do laminate, but is a little expensive for now. we are going to go witha self stick tile...it is actually a "floating floor" it sticks to itself, not to the floor. Looking forward to having a normal floor in the kitchen/dinning area. Both comp are back here so we will have a ton of moving to do first. May call my sis and see if she wants to help...misery loves company.

Kiddies seem to be fighting off a cold. DD1 has been complainin gfor 2 days and DS just started today. DD2 (not in school yet) seems ok for now...will prob get it from her sister. Well, have to call my mom will try to post tomorrow morning b4 we dismantle all the comp equiptment. Tho, will habe to leave the router and Internet connected as DH is still on call this weekend...maybe will beable to use his laptop for a min or two.

Later Chicas!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #85  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Snow, snow, let it snow. If we got snow in this neck of the woods I would know that **** has frozen over.

And while I think of it. Today is the 7th March. That means on this thread. Now you can eat as much as you want of the cyber cake. No calories and absolute taste.

But I hear you ask, whose birthday is it? Well it is not mine. It's not Happy's since that is 2 days after mine. It is not Ruth's nor Holly's or Ceejays. I don't think it is Ellens, Michelles or Annies. So happy birthday to my dear friend the Kahurangi of NJ.

Happy - life indeed is a curious thing. To think we connected on the net and have now met each other a couple of times and lived to tell the tale. If you listen to Mels 'person of stature' we are very lucky that at least one of us didn't turn out to be a cannibal or extortionist or axe murder.
I'm glad to hear of the menu changes coming up in the canteen. Not before time. It will be a long slow process to change the nations eating habits and some folks just give up before they can get the population to think about what they are doing to themselves.

Mel that recipe sounds good. I may just make it for the guest and son tonight for a snack. I think they are going out to dinner later. If you layer tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves you get a beautiful little salad called Caprese. Comes from the Isle of Capri and is usually served with crusty ciabatta bread and drizzled with either pesto or olive oil and is really delicious and easy to make.
Tell the local store to stop FA'ing around and get the good stuff in. NZ Manuka Honey with ActiveX - supposed to be good for whatever ails you. Can't remember if that is the stuff I gave to Happy, I think it was. There is a company in NZ that is doing really good things (well according to the 'happy' users with Pro ActiveX extract for acne, rosacea and some other skin conditions. I haven't checked up on them for a while but I'll let you know what they are doing.
Check the labels on that Capilano stuff, they were using a mix of Aussie honey and South American stuff. There was a big stink awhile back about the lab findings of some antibiotics in Capilano stuff. I think they are clean now. Again I will check for you. Choice magazine will have the info somewhere.

Annie - drive carefully in those storms. Folk here have trouble driving in the rain. Snow and ice would be suicidal - but still they would go out in it and make out that they are on the speedway track.

Painter - for the pain relief at last. Good to hear that the depression is lifting too. Actually I was volunteering to send the cat over because she is really giving me a hard time at the moment. She gets very lovey dovey, sucky when I first get home, but then decides since I am still here I should go back to being the slave she would like me to be. Feed me, water me, pet me, stop stripping the bed I am in it. That sort of hard time.

Diyana - I'm noticing the energy levels coming back now I am back to frequent and intensive exercise. Eating better also helps a lot. I actually quite like renovating. But this last couple of years has taught me a lot about house renovation. Make your plans, break them down into smaller goals and do ONE at a time. At one stage there I was trying to focus on two or three projects at a time. Didn't work to well and nothing seemed to get finished. I'll have the hang of it completely by the time I reach 100.

Okay - time to move along. A machine load of washing has finished so I should go and hang that out, then its time to get on with the day and what a beautiful one it is too. Now watch some humbug come along and stuff it right up.
Oh and before I forget, the good folks on Groote want me to go back and do a bit of training for them. No rush finish the kitchen first and we will plan the training around that!!! Gotta love some people in this life.
Meantime, 2nd bedroom clear out, gardening, hedge trimming, lawn mowing, shopping. It's all on the list today. See you all a little later.

Last edited by Shad; 03-06-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #86  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVE (over here) to the fabulous MEL!!!

More smilies than you can shake a stick at

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-07-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #87  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Have you noticed how quiet she is today?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #88  

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO MAHVELLOUS MELLIE!!!

A birthday serenade for our favorite New-Joisyite:

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Yes we're going to a party party

I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
Dance

Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
Dance

Well it's my birthday too, yeah
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #89  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Happy birthday Melody

Shad
maybe she is counting the candles on the cake to make sure no one put any extras on lol. Hey, my daughter did that to me one year.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #90  

Height: 5'5"

Happy birthday Mel!!!!
Closed Thread