Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #61  

Height: 5'5"

Happy Anniversary, Happy!!

So I tore up the carpet in the kitchen and discovered that there is tile underneath...still will re-do the floor, but is livable for now. Need to keep working on one section from the threshold where it is nailed to the cement underneath, and it is very difficult to get it out. My sis helped yesterday, and I think we only got about 5-7 out with both of us working on it. Th e meatal from the threshold is in the way so I can't get the hammer underneath to pull up the nail. Because of our exciting discovery DH is ready to think about new cabinets...will have to figure out how I want the kitchen set up. Off to rest two days at the gym, then pulling up carpet, and my body is screaming at me!

Later chicas
Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #62  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies --

I had great news yesterday evening and this morning. Yesterday, I went home and tried on some old pants prior to going to the gym because my size 22 pants were getting way, way too big. I didn't have any size 20 in the closet, but I had size 18. I figured what the heck and I tried them on -- THEY FIT!! Woooo Hoooo!! And this morning, I got on the scale, and I'd lost 2 more pounds - down a total of 10 pounds now!! : Yay!! I'm absolutely thrilled and feeling great!

Last night, at the gym I tried using the treadmill for the first time in two years. I haven't been able to do more than 5 minutes on it because it made my back pain really flare up. Last night, I worked my way up to 30 minutes...I wasn't breaking any speed records and am not going fast enough to make it my every day calorie-burning workout....but it's a great start and a great accomplishment for me!! My back is obviously getting a bit better with this exercising I'm doing.

CeeJay - Snow, power outage and a flood downstairs?! Sheesh! I hope the situation has improved for you. It's good that you got to see snow. Snow can be very pretty and peaceful. It's just the shoveling it and the driving it that's not fun.

Shad - Congratulations on the weight loss! That's wonderful!! You are so organized with your lists and your morning routine! That's awesome!! And I really like your "shelf-life" philosophy. I think I'll try using that while I'm clearing out my closets. Thanks for providing me with inspiration.

Painter - I, too, was surprised about the primary results. I didn't think Clinton would take BOTH Ohio and Texas. You're tulip avatar is just lovely. You're very talented (of course I'm sure you've heard that lots before).

Melody - A DVD break is a great way to spend a stormy, rainy day! Enjoy!

Ruth - Rain is okay, snow is okay, but when ice coats everything - Yuck! Makes getting into your car and scraping the ice off and especially driving no fun at all. Good idea to just cozy in. I can just Hershey covered in ice pellets. I love all dogs, and Portuguese Water Dogs are adorable. I have 3 Miniature Schnauzers, one Salt & Pepper, one all black and one all white.

Happy - Congratulations on your anniversary! 31 years - that's wonderful!! Good point about the sodium in the soups, and how if you eat the entire can (which I usually do) it's 2 points. Crazy. I guess in my efforts to lose weight, lower cholesterol and reduce BP, I should also start to look at the sodium in food. I've also tried the Campbell's Soups and was surprised to find the Tomato Soup is more points than the Vegetable Beef. I'll have to start making 0 point soups from scratch - like WW Garden Vegetable Soup recipe. In the meantime, you're right, the canned soups can be good in a pinch.

Ellen - Good for you for tearing up the carpet in the kitchen. I know what a job that is. I did it last summer when we replaced the carpet in the family room with laminate (so much easier to care for when you have 3 dogs). How nice for you that there is livable tile underneath!

Here's to a great day for everyone!

Last edited by diyana; 03-05-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #63  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Chicklets...........

Some nasty crappy weather we had yesterday. It was an ice storm going home from work. Wipers broke, had to stop at Autozone and get new ones. 22 bucks I didn't want to spend on wipers. Took me 2 hours to get home-a normal 25 minute ride. All is good today. Quite cold, and more wintery mix expected tomorrow. Bleck, I am sick sick sick of this weather. The good news......next week we are supposed to be in the upper 40s all week. YES, bring it on!!

Congrats on the pants NSV Diyana...whew whooooo

Happy..Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind....a song I cannot sing.

Ruthie..sounds like you are getting somewhat back to feeling like a normal person...good for you. My son goes next week for his knee appt, after last weeks MRI to see what is going on with it.

Ceejay..hope you have recovered from your "wintery mix" what a mess.

Mel..keep those recipes coming I am truly enjoying several of them. Yum.

Better get back to work. Line is forming at my cubical entrance. hahahaha.

Be healthy and happy.

love and hugs
Old 03-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #64  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - Whenever I heard the weatherman say "wintry mix", I just cringe. Yuck. I so hate ice storms. Glad you made it home safely even if it did take you awhile.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
I love those kind of results more than the scale. Congrats.

Annie
Fortunately we didn't any thing but the snow flurries.

Ellen
I love the demolition part of a new make over. It's a great stress reliever.
Was the dh suprised by the results when he got home?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Wow 31 years to the same man. You diffinately need to celebrate. Congratulations.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #67  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RECIPE #40.

Saute slices of chorizo sausage and shrimp just until shrimp are cooked through. Stir in heated 90-second Spanish rice; sprinkle with sliced scallions.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #68  
Happy September

AND A GUITAR SERENADE FROM THE HUBBY~

See the pyramids along the Nile
See the sunrise on a tropic isle
Just remember darlin' all the while
You belong to me

See the market place in Old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember when a dream appears
You belong to me

I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too, and blue

Fly the ocean in a silver plane
See the jungle when it's wet with rain
Just remember 'til you're home again
You belong to me

Fly the ocean in a silver plane
See the jungle when it's wet with rain
Just remember 'til you're home again
You belong to me

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-05-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #69  
Happy September

WEATHER PERMITTING I AM GOING TO THE STORE TOMORROW...IF FOR NOTHING OTHER THAN TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!! WHERE HAS SHAKER GONE TO? WONDER IF SHE GOT LOST? THOUGHT I'D DO PERSONALS NOW INSTEAD OF TOMORROW. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LOVELY OUTSIDE AND I'D LIKE TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH THE BIRDS AND THE BEES.

HAPPY~ I'M SITTING HERE LISTENING TO THAT GUITAR RENDITION OF THE SONG RIGHT NOW....
http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Anniv.html
AND WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL ANNIVERSARY AND TO THE DH AS WELL. :hug"
YOU WILL LOVE THIS: AN OLD GENT CAME UP TO METO THANK ME FOR MY HELT THIS MORNING AND HANDED ME A BAG. INSIDE IT WAS A STUFFED FROG! ROFLMAO!!
I BURST OUT LAUGHING AND HE SAID TIMIDLY..YOU LIKE IT NO? I SAID I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! BUT I WAS CRACKING UP!

MICHELLE~ WTG ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!! WTG ON THE SIZE 18'S !!!!! AND WTG ON THE TREADMILL!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

ANNIE~ I WILL TRY AND SEND SOME OF OUR SUNNY
50 DEGREE WEATHER YOUR WAY AS SOON AS IT GETS HERE

CEEJAY MADE ME LAUGH!! 31 YRS WITH THE SAME MAN!

RUTH~ AFTER YOU GET DONE TRAINING THAT DANG DOG..CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A HAND WITH THE MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT????

OK CHICKS...HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY TOMORROW AND STAY WELL.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #70  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy Anniversary Happy and DH. After all those years does this mean you know what the DH will give you on this day??

Today (being March 6th over here) it is my DS1's Birthday. He is 34. I have to type that small cause I don't know how he got to be so old. I thought he was around 15 or 16 last time I looked.
Happy Birthday lovely son.

Painter - you have every right to whinge and carry on when you are in constant pain. Once you have seen the MD and got some of idea of what you face, then you can start to re-evaluate things. I hope something will come out of this which will ease things for you. I have enjoyed looking at some of your paintings. Can I send over the cat for an extended stay so you can paint the little madam??? Shaping up to be an interesting Democratic vote up your way.

Mel - I've always believed that the food and other chemicals and substances we put into our bodies does have a profound effect on how we perform, how we feel, and how our minds work - or don't work as the case maybe. Honey when you need sweetening up Better not let the maintenance guys see that entry. It's a wonder they aren't lined up down at the supermarket and in the Health food section to buy a carton of the best honey they can find!!!

Ruth - Ice pellets on Hershey. Oh wow! does winter ever give up in your neck of the woods. Oh yes it does cos I was there last summer and it was beautiful. I can understand the cabin fever you guys suffer at this time of year. Surely the dog should have had training at 6 months - that's the age we start them in puppy school over here, some places as low as four months. Obviously has some of Lucy's ancestry since it has a predilection for glasses.

Happy - for all that I am burning it doesn't seem to make things move faster. I know that I am impatient, but the continual up/ down/ up/ down is really driving me crazy.

Ellen - good onya for pulling up the carpet in the kitchen. My tip for the nail in the cement is to get a hacksaw or metal saw or a pair of pliers which cut (electrical ones will do the trick) and burrow under the carpet to chop off the nail just above ground level or if it okay to leave the darned thing in there, cut it off at ground level. Just be sure there are no sticking up bits of it to puncture little feet or big ones for that matter. The trusty hammer is usually good for this.
When thinking about how and where to put the cabinets, I would suggest a trip to the nearest kitchen place. They have lots of good ideas and up to date knowledge of new things and coming up things. I'm not sorry I did. They gave me some great insights into what to put where and what not to do as well as some why not think about this!!! And you don't have to buy from them. Just get ideas. Try 3 or 4 of the showrooms. They all have something different and they all can be incorporated into your own overall scheme.

Michelle - on the pants problem. What a wonderful surprise. Bet that made you feel good for the rest of the day. 2lbs down is magnificent. I really like the treadmill at the gym. I always leave it to the last so I can leave on a good note. I tell my doctor that the best thing about the gym is when the exercise is finished and I can go home and shower.

Annie - this weather will be over soon. We are definitely going into Autumn here. Soon the sun will be up and doing and you'll be complaining about the heat. I will remind you of this conversation then.

Okay - today I am having some time off. DS2 is home and still sleeping, he has follow up results on the hand accident today. Seems like he was pretty lucky - he has lost some feeling in the top of the finger but it functions very well.
I'm having lunch with some friends so I have to go to the big smoke today. I'm trying to decide whether a car ride to Mowbray Park and a boat ride to North Quay or train from Banoon to Roma Street. These two are working in the west side of town and it is a long way from the CBD and not the easiest place to get to. I don't want to take the car into the city. Parking is chaotic and expensive in there. Oh well I have a couple of hours to decide.
Other than that, more cleaning and clearing of the main bedroom, we have a visitor coming for a week and I'd better get a move on in there. Some more rose bushes need to be rescued from the invading weeds and grass. There is a mountain of washing to be done - we must be the dirtiest folk on this planet - and I need to plan out some shopping for food for while he is here. I also have to work out what to do as far as taking the old kitchen apart and checking out progress by the floor man and the door man. I'm still waiting their quotes. Dang men - can't they do anything in a hurry? No don't answer that one. Now I also need to get the telephone man out to change some jackpoints for me. Arrrrgggghhh that will take months. I guess I should just do it myself - even though it is not legal. It is simple tho'. Okay I am off.

Last edited by Shad; 03-05-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Pushed the button before I was ready - d'oh.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #71  

Happy, congratulations on 31 years marriage - to the same man!
Wow. I'm both impressed and envious! What's even more terrific is that you can still look at your DH and see a sexy pool guy!

Last edited by carla49; 03-05-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #72  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

OMG - was I supposed to be married to the SAME man? Just kidding DH.

Thank you very much for the well wishes. It takes a while to get to 25 and after that it zips by. I got stuck working a bit later tonight - it's my "get stuff done for month end" day so I wasn't able to sneak out 30 minutes early like I wanted to. But I got home at a reasonable time and we went out and had a nice dinner and conversation. He had steak and shrimp. I had stuffed shrimp with a side of the most delicious fresh asparagus with a touch of a creamy vinagarette sauce. I was sceptical at first but it was just a hint and complimented the asparagus perfectly. Now I will have to search the Internet for recipes We skipped dessert in favor of a cappachino which I'm sure I will regret when I lay on the pillow in a bit and I am bug eyed wide awake. And then we came home and picked out colors for the new front door and trim. He picked out "man colors" and I gently persuaded him (no way in bloody heck buddy ) He wisely selected a wood grain to match the interior stairs and said since it's fiberglass, if we don't like it, we can always paint it later. I said yes - that's a great idea And then I made us a cup of tea, we chatted a bit and that's our exciting day.

I just keep getting later and later out the door in the morning. Instead of beating myself up, I am taking a step back to examine what things I could do to get to work earlier - I am getting behind and would rather come in early than stay late. Besides the obvious get up earlier (which requires it's corollary go to BED earlier), I think I may have to post at night instead of in the morning. So I'm going to try that for a bit.

Shad - happy birthday to the DS1. Be very GLAD he is not 16 As far as the up and down weight - you have been in a situation of constant change and more than a bit frustration - if not outright stress more than once. I think that also has a bearing on the weight. If you can stay home for a bit and get to your "normal" routine, I think you may see things stabilize. At least I hope so and if not, I am glad I won't be there if the hammer goes flying Go give a tap across the water and wake Shaker up - will you? Or is she off having a fun outing with the family?

Thank you Mel - for the pretty song. I was humming it all night. I am glad that other people can recognize the frog lover in you Hope you get outside tomorrow and get some fresh air and a few good for you fruits or veggies. Enjoy your shopping. And stay away from that chorizo recipe - that's the last thing you need - well that and a frappachino chaser

Annie - glad you made it home ok. I remember cringing and listening to the weather forecast. Snow I could handle - even if it meant 2 hours to travel 10 miles but ICE.

Michelle - that is so awesome about skipping a whole pants size. AND the treadmill victory too. I know that means alot to you. I didn't realize your back had gotten so tender. I was wondering too if you still had your beloved pups.

Great find under the carpet Ellen. Sometimes it pays to peek around. Wouldn't new cabinets be wonderful?

I need to get to bed before it gets too late - just hope that cappachino won't keep me up.

Hello to Ceejay and Painter and Rennie and Patty and Holly and Road to Recovery Ruth!

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-06-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 AM   #73  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy seems funny that you have been out and about and had a nice dinner and I am just about to think about ours. No hurry yet. It's just after 4.00 Dinner isn't until around 6.30 and I know what we are having. I think I know what we are having.
I had lunch with the girls today and raised a glass to you and DH and wished you another 31 years. They all choked on their water and said OMG 31 years. One of them is about 3 years married, the other about to get married.
I'll be ringing the DS1 soon. I will pass on the birthday wishes. Have a good night. Clever girl, passing on dessert.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #74  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hard to believe my friend that DH and I were making the goo goo eyes at each other - he in ugly plaid pants and I in my halter tops that I couldn't quite fill out - while at the same time, halfway around the world you were off having babies. And then 25 years later, we'd bump into each other on the Internet. Isn't life strange sometimes?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #75  
Happy September

HAPPY ~ I AM GLAD EVERYTHING WAS SO NICE. I LIKE THE WAS YOU "PERSUADED" THE DH!! TOO FUNNY!
I WAS SINGING ANS SEEING PYRAMIDS ALONG THE NILE ALL NIGHT AS WELL! I THINK POSTING AT NIGHT WOULD LEAVE YOU MORE REFRESHED AND READY FOR WORK IN THE MORNING. I SOMETIMES FIND THAT MORNING POSTING "DRAINS" MY BRAIN. BUT THEN I AM AN EMOTIONAL PERSON....AND THINKING ....I MEAN KNOWING....YOU ARE THE SAME. BETTER TO RIDE THE TIDES OF FRIENDSHIPS AFTER A DAYS WORK AND NOT BEFORE. SEND ME THE FRAPPUCCINO....I MEAN THE CAPPUCCINO

SHAD~ GLAD THE HAND HAS TURNED OUT SO WELL. I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE RESIDUAL DAMAGE WOULD BE IN THE END. GOOD LUCK TO HIM YOU ARE JUST THE BUSIEST GAL I KNOW OF. I'LL DO THE WASH AND YOU CAN MOVE ALL THE FURNITURE. MIGHT AS WELL SEND THE WASH HERE, I'M ON A ROLL IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM!! JUST FOUND A PAIR OF PANTS I WORE WHEN YOU WERE HERE!! SO I MUST BE NEARING THE END! IS IT WINTER THERE YET? NEED TO BORROW MY PONCHO???
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DS!!!

IT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE. GOT DELAYED THIS MORNING SO I WILL FOOD SHOP TOMORROW. SINUSES LET ME OVERSLEEP THEN I JUST COULD NOT GET MY BUTT GOING. BUT EVERYTHING IS STILL LAID OUT READY FOR TOMORROW. GUESS I NEED THE ALARM CLOCK NOW SPRING IS COMING. TODAY IS CLEANING INSTEAD. THEN NOTHING SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEKEND I HOPE. WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. GOING TO TOSS ONE WINDOW OPEN AND GET BACK TO WORK. THE SUN ACTUALLY COMES IN TO MY APT NOW MUCH EARLIER IN THE AFTERNOON LOVING IT!!
THE GRANDSON IS TOSSING SEEDS INTO MY KEUYBOARD.
HE LIKES TO SIT ON THE EDGE OF THE DESK NOW WHILE I SIT HERE. THINKS IT'S HIS NEW HOME. I GAVE HIM SMALL CUP OF SEEDS AND WATER. NOW WE EAT TOGETHER. HE IS MUCH MORE SOCIABLE NOW THAN HE WAS. HE GETS LONLIER MORE TOO I SEE. HE CHECKS TO MAKE SURE I AM WATCHING WHILE HE EATS. I THINK IT'S BECAUSE HIS EYESIGHT IS CHANGING. JE RELIES ON US MORE NOW BUT IS STILL "UNTRUSTING". THEY ARE FUNNY THINGS. ENOUGH RAMBLING NOW.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-06-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Closed Thread