Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #31  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I really have to watch you people like a hawk. Ok, I now have trained killer 2 inch worms watching my little smiles.

Ruth
Glad to see you are up and moving around a bit. Take it easy.

Happy
Oh my gosh, hope you are feeling better now. You really need to hire one of those sexy pool guys to do all that work.

Holly
Glad you had fun with the kids. 65 here today and most of the snow gone. I went out and cleaned up the yard again. This is twice so far this season. I just keep telling myself. There will be less to do in the spring.

Carla
We went to a friends house for the weekend ( her husband works 12 hours a day ) to help her out since she just got home from the hospital after having a hysterectomy. The little worms watching my smiling BITE Oh I would love that recipe for flour less cake. Glad you found something to fit. Every now and again we should get something for our selfs.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Such a chatty lot you are.

Ceejay - congratulations on the purchase of the new outfit. Sounds really nice. I like those colours together.
No I haven't finished the cleaning. In this place it is never finished. I live in a very dusty area.

Welcome back Rennie - and yes Mel keep the fingers off!!!! ???? Did I miss something??

Ruth - twitch is good. At least you are moving something We will have to create a little sled to get you up and down the stairs. Do we have to cater for bends in the stairs??? Keep moving and give Hersh lots of cuddles and pats.

Happy - ouch! Get better soon. I suppose you will go to work and say that they should take a look at the other bloke??? Get better soon.

Morning Holly - glad to see you had a good weekend. I can understand getting tired of driving in snow.

Carla - the concerns you expressed are exactly the ones I have doubts about. The DN is of an age when it probably wont be too long before she decides to try out life alone or with a friend. What happens when the kids are gone? What happens if the ex wants to bring in a new boyfriend or move out with a new boyfriend? She's done it before, why not again?? Since he is paying in the most and yet has the least needs and has made the biggest change in lifestyle what happens if one of them wants to go. It has potential for success and for disaster. I hope the former comes up trumps.
The recipe sounds nice and I don't mind anchovies. If you don't like 'em leave them out and season instead.
Sounds like new wardrobes all round. Good to see us taking pride in our appearance. Looking good is equivalent to an 8 on the feel good scale.

Mel - good to hear you are getting out an about occasionally. The fresh air does do us good. I'm convinced of the lifting effects of sunlight. Can't do without it.
Take care of those eyes - we don't need any more rosacea flare ups from you.
Say hello to Ritchie and Jen for me. You do realise that if they do decide to go look after him, he may just be contrary enough to leave them whatever is left over at the end of a long and demanding life? Of course the rest of the family (who seem conspicuously silent) will then contest the will. And war will break out again. What's wrong with him anyway?

Gym is done for the day. Breakfast is finished. Coffee is nearly over and I should get on with things. Today I need to shift some more stuff to the shed, talk to the kitchen place about contracts, talk to the door man and the floor man, clean and clear some more and a dump run as well. I think this will be close to the end of that particular thrill. Yeehah,
Old 03-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #33  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HEY I DON'T SEE ANY BITING WORMS....GONNA TRY AND USE SCARE TACKTIC NOW HUH??? REMIND ME TO GET SOME BUG SPRAY WHEN I GO TO THE FOOD STORE TOMORROW.....HERE LITTLE WORMY WORM COME TO MAMA.....
BUT THAT WAS NICE OF YOU GUYS TO GO HELP THE WOMAN OUT. BET SHE APPRECIATED IT TO NO END!

CEEJAY~ WOW THE OUTFIT SOUNDS VERY NICE. HOPE YOU ENJOY IT EVERY MINUTE YOU'RE THERE MISS CLASSY!

SOMEHOW I MUST HAVE MISSED HOLLY'S POST BUT GLAD YOU HAD FUN WITH THE KIDS AND WAVING ANYWAY
Old 03-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #34  
Happy September

WAVING FRANTICALLY TO SHAD ALSO...I SEE YOUR EGG AGLOW!!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY KAURANGI!
AND FROM YOUR MOUTH TO GOD'S EAR ABOUT THE DF LEAVING THE $$. i WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM LEAVE THEM THE HOUSE. THEY COULD ALWAYS SELL IT!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #35  
Happy September

MELLIE'S WORM EATER

Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

To join in the general silliness, here is my contribution to Easter.

http://d21c.com/scratch/holidays/egg.swf

Enjoy

Last edited by Shad; 03-03-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #37  
Happy September

I'M LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF OVER HERE
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #38  
Rennie

Melody
Oh my gosh you are just to much lol.

No, I didn't even get a thank you. That was the main reason the hubby was just so darn mad. We got there Friday about noon. We didn't leave until about 2 on Sunday afternoon. In that amount of time I...spring cleaned her apartment and washed the windows and curtains. Scrubbed down the kitchen and bathroom walls. Did the laundry. Made meals for 5 days so she wouldn't have to try to cook and did all her shopping. I knew she was going to have to go in for gallbladder surgery in a couple of months and wasn't going to find time to do all this with the pain she is in most of the time. I remember before I had my gallbladder out and I sure didn't feel like doing anything that didn't have to be done.

Shad
They want to steal my little smiles.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #39  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I have this sudden urge to take up yodelling.

When Irish eyes see smilies - it appears Miss Mel dug out the St. Paddy's day smilies. Better than those DECEMBER ones I suppose. I'm sure one of those is named Igor. Or at least now he is. Love the new avatar. (I think we have a froggy living in the water of the pool cover - will check again and if so, I'll name it Wild Mel).

Rennie - I already have a sexy pool guy. He was out getting my dinner when I "fall down, go boom". He did offer to clean my wounds and did bandage my arm and gave me an extra kiss to make it heal faster. You are accumulating an awful lot of characters in your signature. Great job!

I'm scrolling backwards. Just saw Mel's worm eater

I want to go to the dump with Shad. Here the nice guys come and tote it off for you provided you don't put out any contraband construction or yard waste in black, not clear bags.

Ceejay - the new outfit sounds very pretty. I know what you mean about skirts - been so long I forgot how to spell the word I find it's not the skirts that's the problem, it's that after so long you don't have any shoes to go with a dress. And don't you just hate those mystery bruises that show up out of nowhere.

Anyone seen a red car driven by a wild woman with a curly dog and a wigglely knee? If so, get that woman home.

Tempeh? might have tried it when we were going to the Mediteranean restaurant but I can't be sure. I know falafel - that was good. Try it and let us know how it was.

Ellen - I REALLY like your new avatar!

And I had a perfectly on plan day today diet wise. I had to do some tweaking and adjusting but I pulled it off. It's easy to go over points, even if you do get a lot of them.

I'm going to celebrate with a nice cup of tea. I did pick up some of that Stevia over the weekend. I'm not sure I like it. It is sweet but easy to be bitter too. I am still experimenting with it. Heck my goal was to trade out the 14 teaspoons of sugar that's in a can of soda. Even with a touch of fine New Zealand honey or a bit of rock sugar, I'm not coming anywhere close to the sugar in soda.

Don't drink your calories they say. Ok, I'm off for a cup of Rooibos tea. I love the Jasmine stuff but didn't realize that green tea has caffeine in it. Was quite awake last night. I have several flavors of Rooibos - naturally caffeine free. Supposed to be for iced tea but maybe it will be ok hot too.

'Night all...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #40  
Choose your hard

You didn't even get a thank you Rennie? Geez, some friend. I mean, I understand that you don't do it for the gratitude but heck, most people would leave you lying in a gutter now a days so you have to be nice to the ones who still give a hoot. Bummer.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #41  
Rennie

Happy
I have a few people I really consider friends. A few I have met here on this site and 3 girls I went to school with since first grade. Everyone else in my life are what I really call friendly acquaintances. That is what this woman is. Since my 3 best friends live in other states they aren't here to help me if I ever need help. Those here, well you all can't hop through the computer so what you give, while it isn't physical help, is more valuable than I can say. You all give emotional and spiritual help. I am almost painfully shy off the computer so I tend to be the one that lends a helping hand but other people don't really notice unless they need help. Yes, a thank you would have been very nice. Maybe she just wasn't feeling well enough to think about saying thank you. Maybe when she gets better she will notice all she doesn't have to do. I know she will smile sometime when she notices she doesn't have to do this or that and that will be enough thank you. I am going to have to have the pool I had taken out when I bought this house put back in so I can have some sexy eye candy too lol. I love them, don't they look so cheerful down there cheering me on.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:39 AM   #42  

Oooooooh, Happy, your fall sounds awful. I hope you aren't to bunged up and stiff.

Shy -- you sound like a saint doing all that cleaning. Hope you got lots of "points" from the people who do matter to you.

I had my own adventures since you last heard from me. Fried Computer and pseudo "ER" visit. The stories are here.
And it snowed just a little while ago-- nothing like drifts or anything AND it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow, so it won't last. I think if I weren't a night owl, I wouldn't haved even seen it.
Attached Images
File Type: gif march-snow.gif (99.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #43  
Happy September

RENNIE~ SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW THE WORD THANK YOU! I TELL JEN THAT THESE THINGS ARE SCORE POINTS FOR HEAVEN WHEN DONE FROM THE HEART!! NO WONDER HUBBY WAS MAD.

HAPPY~ DID YOU SEE THE LITTLE WORM? I THINK 3FC NEEDS TO HAVE HIM TOO. I HAVE TO ASK...ARE YOU RUNNING A "SAVE THE FROG" SHELTER IN YOUR POOL?
DID YOU LIKE THE ICE TEA WHEN HOT?? ROOIBUS. I WILL HAVE TO LOOK AROUND...WAS THAT THE ONLINE STUFF? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS. AND CONGRATS ON THE GOOD DAY FOODWISE!

PAINTER~ GLAD TO READ NO PROBLEMS WERE FOUND. MUST HAVE BEEN A HELLUVA JOURNEY! MAYBE IT'S YOUR TURN FOR A KICK IN THE BUTT( my daughter gave me one recently)...BUT I'LL WAIT TILL AFTER YOU GET SOME PAIN MANAGEMENT IN FIRST. I DON'T WANT TO ADDD TO THE PAIN YET!

RAIN AND TIREDNESS. SO I' CANCELLED SHOPPING. THURSDAY WILL BE BRIGHT AND CHEERY. A MUCH BETTER CHOICE. WILLY WILL BE HAPPY. HE HAS BEEN VERY ILL AND ISN'T 100% YET. I HAVE WASH TO PUT AWAY. AND THE LINEN CLOSET COULD USE A TIDYING UP WHILE I AM IN THERE. AS THE DAYS GO BY, I AM BECOMING MORE INTOLLERANT TO SUCRALOSE ANYTHING. I STILL HAVE PROTEIN POWDER CANNISTERS. SO YESTERDAY I GAVE THEM TO JOHN WHO WAS THRILLED TO TRY SOMETHING NEW. I HAD ELIMINATED ALL ART. SWEETENERS EXCEPT FOR THE SHAKES AND BARS. IT SEEMED TO BE OK BUT NOW...
IF I DON'T START MOVING SOON I WILL GO BACK TO SLEEP LIKE THE GRANDSON. IN KNOW HE HEARS ME BUT HAS HIS HEAD TUCKED UNDER HIS WING AND IS REFUSING TO GET UP!!
HAPPY TUESDAY!! GOT TO WATCH THE BIGGEST LOSER AND GET MY MOJO RUNNING FOR THE WEEK
Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #44  
Happy September

RECIPE#39.
Heat frozen Mexican-flavor veggie burgers in skillet as box directs. Serve on bed of shredded lettuce with tomato wedges; top with guacamole.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Aww Mel. Wish I could send you some of the Stevia to try but I'm afraid if I send white powder in an envelope, Tommy Lee Jones and all of Mr. Bush's men with earplugs and guns will be after me I do see that they carry it in the grocery store now in the sugar section by the packets of the blue and pink stuff. Stevia is an extract from a Paraguayan (sp??) plant so it is natural and is something like 200 times sweeter than sugar. Even Splenda has some artificial stuff in it. I am still experimenting with it - I think all of that stuff gives me intestinal distress. I'm thinking better to just wean down the sugar gradually. I still say the best plan is to stick with everything natural as much as possible. Particularly if you are very sensitive to things which I think intensifies anyway as we get older (and better ). As for the frogs Mel, I guess they are there just to remind me to think of you and smile once in a while

Painter Oh my. You've had an ordeal, haven't you? I am reminded of my cousin's wife who said the chemo settles into all little nooks and crannies in the body and does all sorts of wierd things that people who haven't gone through it just don't understand. I do hope you get to feeling better very soon As for the snow, had to look at your blog to see the picture as the post on 3FC didn't work. I've always thought that nighttime snow was the prettiest. Something peaceful about it. Perhaps it's the way it naturally muffles out the noises or maybe it's the way the snowflakes catch the light and sparkle. I hope you saw this at 11pm and not 3am!!! Glad you didn't have DVT - that's a very serious problem, didn't realize that's a possible after effect either. Be good to yourself and keep moving to "keep the old parts greased up"

Good heavens Rennie - you gave me a startle. You were talking about sexy pool guys and then something about them cheering you on - then I realized you had switched subjects and were talking about your smilies!

We are supposed to get some mucky weather today. Cold rain and some snowflakes. Nothing to stick but it's just a cold morning where we'd all like to stay in bed a bit longer and the old bones are protesting. There was a VERY LOUD birdy outside singing it's heart out sometime around 5:30am. Probably the mockingbird. Or maybe the cardinal. Couldn't have been any louder if it was standing under my window yelling - GET UP LAZY BONES. That's the thanks we get for feeding the little stinkers.

Well I'm off to leave my stamp on the world today. You do the same
Closed Thread