Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #151  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Melody
They are just to funny. Yes, when my son got taller than I am he decided he was THE MAN. I knocked him down to his 5 foot 5 1/2 inches and he got over that idea real fast lol. His father just looked at him, shook his head and said something about if he wanted to live a long life he should stop messing around with small woman because small woman are MEANNNNNNNNN.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #152  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon My Friends..........

Hope everyone that needs thawing is thawed. We are mostly thawed. Tomorrow's high is 57, whew whooooooooo!!

DD came thru surgery just great. It will be a few weeks before they know if they got it all or not. Hopefully all is good. Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers.

Tomorrow is my DS MRI reading to find out what kind of knee surgery he has to have. I will have him talk to Ruth. ;^)

Now the dryer is acting up....hope it waits a month or two so I can save up for that one.

Holly...loved the pix.

Hello to everyone..

Love and Hugs
Old 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #153  

Height: 5'5"

ok got the staining done this AM. now I have to wait for it to dry so I can put it up...will porbably work on it tonight after the kiddies go to bed. They sleep thru anything. Will try to go out to the gym this evening too. Weight has been the same...I am really trying to keep my head in the game, because after two months of being good I should be seeing some loss. will try to measure inches again, as that will usually cheer me up. Hoping that I can do this... love and hugs to all!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ellen
I'll take the inches anytime.

Annie
Glad the dd came through the surgery.

Rennie
My dad used to tell me that great things came in small packages.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #155  

Height: 1.73

Happy hump day everyone, mine has only 3hrs leftof work and I am outta here. We have had some lovely hot sunny days, today being one of them so I hate to miss them..

Shad the roses sounded lovely all down-to-earth name that you can pronounce! yes happy I do have the kittens they are so lovely, but when they rang I felt mean to say no, I could imagine them in a orphanage and noone wanting to take them coz there was to many of them, and they do make you smile. they are safe and well fed, although one took a flying launch at my curtains last night at least she missed and I don't have nets so no ripping noises to be had.

I have never been vertically challenged but lots of my friends are.. well to me anyway and they are great so have to agree that good things do come in small packages - although I am glad for my sons sake that I am tall so he will be taller as he does have food issues, a bit like his mother!!!

I need to go and look around Maui for a bit, will take my surfboard just in case I manage to catch a wave .. will catch you beach chicks later.. hello to all the wonderful chicks out there
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #156  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Starting to rain, gym is done, filled the car up with petrol this morning and went for the half price car wash. The washer thingy got stuck on the wax cycle and my car was bombarded with wax suds about halfway down the car. I ended up having to get out and get the man to fix it. They tried pushing and pulling and resetting and nothing worked until I backed up (it's half price this morning - every man and his car were waiting for me to finish) and went in again where upon the car wash gave me another complete wash. So the car should be clean RIGHT???

I have the son home today. He decided not to go to work this morning (I am a little less than impressed). So he's gone down to bank a cheque and do some shopping. I'm doing the washing and some more clearing and packing and taking stuff to the shed. I guess I'll be down at the dump sometime as well.

Happy - I am not sure where Carla is at them moment. I might have to stir her up and see if she is okay.
Sorry to hear about the price of the door. Ouch - was it gold plated or something - did it come with side panels and handles of gold???
I'm not going back to work yet. Groote will wait until I am ready. They haven't exactly figured out what they want yet. Rio is doing the normal and dithering and to be perfectly honest, the only reason I would want to go back there is because the contract will be in Brisbane and not travelling. No I don't really want to go back yet. Too much left to do here. I will be painting for the rest of this week. Ceilings and some walls in the kitchen. Don't have to be perfect because the cabinets will cover much of them. However I won't be doing the splashback for a week or two and so need some covering on the walls to take care of the cooking bits and pieces.

Mel - between my washing and yours we must be keeping the washing powder companies in business. I can't seem to stop finding it. As soon as I clear the laundry basket it seems to be full again. I guess we are just the dirtiest people in Brisbane or Queensland or maybe Aus.

Rennie - what was that old saying - we may be little but we are loud????

Patty - sorry to hear about the Brother. Best wishes go out to him and your family.Hop back on that wagon now. It's time to come aboard.

Annie - your poor children are in the wars. What do you do to them???

Shaker - I do love my roses and the orchids. Apart from the names given to them, there is a long spiel on the tag which gives me it's pedigree. I wouldn't even begin to pronounce some of those. I have Aotearoa as well. Lovely rose but it is only just starting to recover from the choking weeds and grass. DS was remarking this morning that the ones I have uncovered, have really started to perk up. Well yes son, they do that when there is nothing choking them. Human beings are the same! His Orange rose is still somewhere under the weeds. I think he is waiting for me to get that one out. Actually I buy roses for their fragrance. I keep saying that the Orange rose is not really welcome as it turned out to have NO fragrance at all. But he loves the colour.

Ellen - keep on going to the gym and doing the exercise. You'll see the inches disappear first and then the weight. I haven't lost this week, however the shorts I have on have to be continually hitched up, so something is happening around the waist or hips.

And there I better leave it. The washer has finished the load. The dishwasher needs emptying and there is a lot of dusting, sweeping and cleaning to be done - apart from other things like painting things, tearing the kitchen apart, packing things, fixing things, making things etc. Be seeing ya!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #157  

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for all the prayers. My brother was released by his doctor today to go back home (Austin).. Doctor said he's healing great. The wait now is for the results, but the doctor did say he got everything out.

As for me I was back working out at 5:00AM.. It was really hard to get up, I kept trying to think of an excuse but then thought, NO, it's time to get back on track. I did gain about 5 pounds this past month, but that was my way of stressing out. I have got to learn how to handle stress better.

Annie - keeping DD in my prayers too.

Melody - do you have any recipes for grilled chicken? or any chicken

Michelle - hope your hands get to feeling better..WTG on your workouts...

Hi to Happy, Shy, Ceejay, Shad, Shaker, Ups and to everyone else....
Old 03-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #158  

No need to go chasing after Carla. I've been dividing my time between staring in awe at the humongous snowbanks everywhere - including on my balcony - and hanging ten with Gidget and the Big Kahuna. Was very pleased to remember that Hawaiian culture favours (or did favour many decades ago) extremely well-marbled women, and have done my best this week to add a ton of lard to the old carcase... Always wanted to be part of the "in" crowd, don't you know. Seriously though, I may have to stay out of all stores until after both Easter and the post-Easter candy specials are over.

to all of those with family crises: Rose's misbehaving son, Annie's two having surgery, Patty's brother, Ceejay's niece (?). Sending and positive thoughts to you all.

Mel, what the heck is a legger?????

Happy, good news that the DH is dragging you out for walks - followed by two pounds down at the weigh-in!

Ruth, it sounds like the knee is coming along really well! The snow is a mixed blessing - on the one hand you don't want to damage it trying to shovel, but shovelling would be one heck of a calorie-burner! (Easy for me to say, of course, up in my high-rise...)

Shad, enjoy the time off - one thing you know is that when you're ready the work will be there. Congrats on the too-big shorts!

Shy, I haven't forgotten that you'd like the flourless cake recipe - I'll PM it to you one of these days, just have to convert bits of it from grams to ounces and so on. Of course, you do realize that while it is flourless it is not, I repeat NOT calorie-free... If anyone else wants the recipe, just let me know and I'll send a group PM when I finally get to it. I don't dare post it on the thread - much too subversively rich and

Holly, you call that snow? Hah! Come on up to Ottawa, and we'll show you snow. Really, though, the photos looked lovely, and the kids must be having a ball playing outdoors.

Ups, I hope the sore wrist improves soon. Two years ago I developed a weird tendinitis in my wrist/thumb, and it took months to heal.

Shaker, I think you and I may be the only non-vertically-challenged people on this thread. Maybe Annie too? I would kill to have little tiny feet like some of the worldlies. Every time I travel I curse the giant shoes filling up half the suitcase, and that's on the rare times when I can find a pair of 10 1/2's that fit.

Spin class was cancelled yesterday - all the snow and ice built up on the roof and caused flooding in the studio, and they needed a couple of days to reconfigure the place so we can get in and out via the dry back entrance. It's always risky for me to miss a class - I lose good habits with lightning speed - but it was fun playing hookey.

Greetings to anyone I've missed!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #159  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good sneezy morning to y'all,

Don't know why I'm sneezing so much but I sure am keeping the tissue companies in business this morning! It's supposed to be a glorious 72 degrees out today. Was pretty nice yesterday too I hear but I had a very long day and lots to do so I didn't even get out with DH for a walk last night. But for sure we will do it today.

Carla - I agree. I think this is the most dangerous time of year to be walking past the candy aisles. Even moreso than Halloween. Be strong, be good Bummer on the snow all around. I would not only be tired of it but achey to my very bones from the chills. Brrr. But I guess that's the charm of living up that way. Hope you at least get some to help out. A "legger" is a centipede/millipede - those brown creatures with a bazillion legs that scoot fast across the floor. I guess they can bite too.

Patty - good going on doing the exercise so early. I find myself too having a mental debate about things and then just pushing myself to do what needs to be done.

Shad - you certainly are one busy woman. But I understand - get as much done as you can in between stints. Must be difficult to be away for so long and then try and get everything organized in such precision. Hope you can squeeze out a bit more time before you have to take on the next assignment. Good on yah for the saggy pants Progress even if the scale won't co-operate.

How was the surfing Shaker?

Mel - ugh - I hate thousand legger season - used to find them in the basement

I did put in about an hour last night going through the closets for a charity pick up this morning. I have such a hard time parting with clothes, particularly the favorites that no longer fit. I know, I know, if you haven't made progress getting there within a year you either take that to step up the motivation or just outright pitch it. I have a couple of cute skirts, some of which I never even wore and I'd really consider it a good thing if I could fit into them again. Now mind you, I have not worn a skirt in oh... perhaps 10 years Also have some cute jumpers (not your kind of jumper Shad and Shaker) that I would wear again if I could. I guess if I retire the problem is solved - I won't need dresses ever again and then there will be no qualms about chucking them. Actually since many still have tags on, I'd probably learn how to sell on E-bay.

The morning sun is streaming through the front door and blinding me in my left eye so I guess I'd better get ready and get to work.

Hellos to the chickies I didn't get personals to. Happy Tuesday.

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-12-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #160  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CARLA~ HERE HE IS...A "HOUSE CENTIPEDE". DO THESE LITTLE BUGGERS LIVE IN YOUR AREA AS WELL? MAYBE THEY DON'T LIKE THE COLD!! THE LOCALS CALL THEM THOUSAND LEGGERS. BETTER GET READY FOR SOME CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT SOON!!! JUST WAITING ON THE MERRY MAILMAN WE WERE SUPOSED TO BE EMULATING THE BIKINI CLAD BEAUTIES ON THE BEACH...NOT THEIR MUU MUU MOMMAS!

PATTY~ I WILL LOOK AROUND FOR THE GRILLED CHICKEN. SENDING MORE GOOD THOUGHTS

SHAD~ MAYBE DS NEEDED A "HEAD DAY" AND GET THINGS SORTED. WHAT DID HE BUY? ANYTHING GOOD??
SO THE CAR WASH REALLY WAS 1/2 PRICE...YOU GOT 2 FOR THE PRICE OF ONE HAPPY DUMP RUN!

SHAKER~ I'LL GET MY BOARD TOO AND MEET YOU THERE

ANNIE~ PRAYING FOR GOOD RESULTS.

CEEJAY~ I LIKE THAT SAYING!! LOTS OF SMALL PACKAGES ON THIS THREAD!

RENNIE~ SOME OF THE MEN SING DON'T MESS WITH MEL INSTEAD OF THE OLDIE USING THE NAME OF BILL

ELLEN~ WHAT'S THE NEXT PROJECT???

JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S SAFE TO COME OUT OF THE WATER...THERE IS SO MUCH CRAP GOING ON IN THE OFFICE AND NOW ANOTHER THREAT THAT I MIGHT LOSE THE EXTRA $$ ONCE AGAIN. I AM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL. IF NOT I WILL LOOK OVER MY FINANCES AND SEE IF I CAN MAKE A THREAT OF QUITTING WITHOUT CUTTING MY OWN THROAT.
I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP BUSY...RETIREMENT IS JUST NOT MY FORTE. AHHHHHH THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS
ON A FUNNIER NOTE...THIS NEW RADIO-PHONE IS SO THIN THAT IF I RUN IT OVER JUST ONCE, I THINK IT WILL BE HISTORY!!!! WE SHOULD HAVE ASKED IF THEY SERVE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS AND WHAT THEY BUY!! AND MAYBE THEY EVEN SELL THE HARD HAT MAN THAT GOES WITH IT
HAPPY HUMP DAY!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #161  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING MISS HAPPY!
THOUGHT I HEARD YOU TIPPY TOE PAST ME TO POST!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HOPE YOU GET TO MFEEL SOME OF THE SUN ON YOUR SKIN!! WHY NOT A LUNCH TIME WALK! I'LL MEET YOU OUT IN THE SQUARE! WE'LL DO A SALAD LUNCH! WHILE YOU'RE BUSY AT WORK, I'LL COME AND TOSS THE LOT OUT FOR YA!!!
JEN IS AFRAID TO LET ME INTO HER PLACE
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #162  
Happy September

RECIPE #46.

Heat equal parts cranberry sauce and tomato sauce, stirring to blend.
Heat ready-to-heat turkey meatballs in sauce; serve over 90-second rice.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #163  
Happy September

http://www.womansday.com/food/12695/...n-recipes.html

THIS IS A LINK TO 91 CHICKEN RECIPES. IT'S A SLIDE SHOW. LET ME SEE IF IT WORKS FIRST....
OK IT WORKS BUT WHEN YOU CLICK TO GET THE RECIPE, IT APPEARS ON THE 2ND PAGE BEHIND THE PICTURE.
A LITTLE BASS-ACKWARDS NO?

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-12-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #164  

Oh good, it's snowing again! What a nice change after all this.... snow.

Mel, such a relief to learn that you didn't actually have a few thousand of the little beggars running around! We do have them here too, although probably smaller and faster than down Happy's way. I used to find them from time to time in my basement when I had a house. Don't they eat other bugs? and by the way, how on earth did you get that little fellow to pose so nicely for the photo?
What's this c**p about your job disappearing again???? I thought that was all settled last year?? The renewed drama will do wonders for your skin and eyes - NOT! A good thing you used your birthday money wisely - at least you don't have debt hanging over your head as well.

Happy, the problem with tossing the too-small clothes is that you can't always replace them when you do finally shift some weight. I gave away a huge collection of sweaters just last year, and of course they'd fit right now, albeit a little tight. Then again, the last time I got my weight way down I tried on some of the stuff I'd been saving and had a good laugh at the Dynasty shoulders before tossing them in the donation pile.
Today is a pretty grey day out there, but we had brilliant sunshine and pleasant temps yesterday and Sunday. The kind of sun that practically blinds you when it reflects off the snow. (Much of the winter the snow piles are dingy and nasty-looking, but the last 23" or so are still looking quite pristine and Christmassy. We're about 13" from the snowiest winter on record...)

Time for some brekkie and the newspaper. Today is weigh-in day at WW. I was going to skip it after my naughty behaviour on the weekend, but according to my scale here at home it might just be worth going after all! Slow but steady, I hope...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #165  
Happy September

Default Christmassy? Did Someone Actuall Say That???

CARLA I HOPE YOU GO TO WW AND FIND A GOOD SCALE VICTORY!! IT WOULD BE GREAT MOTIVATION!
I PROMISED THE "LEGGER" A GOOD HOME IF HE POSED FOR ME! THE BUG MAN DID SAY THEY EAT OTHER INSECTS...WE'RE HOPING THEY EAT THE SPIDERS!!!
THE MONEY PROBLEM IS WITH MY "EXTRA" CHECKS. NOT THE ACTUAL JOB....WHICH HAS NO JOB DESCRIPTION RIGHT NOW BUT WILL HAVE WHEN I GET DONE PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY GAMES AND PUSH BUTTONS. SO I PUSHED BACK. IT WILL TAKE A FEW "MEETINGS" TO STRAIGHTEN THIS OUT. BUT I CAN WAIT. IT'S REALLY THEIR LOSS. SO WHEN I AM FINISHED I WILL HAVE WHAT I WANT OR THEY WILL BE CRYING THE BLUES. JUST USED THE CALCULATOR AND I CAN MAKE IT EASY NOW THAT THE BIGGEST BILL HAS BEEN PAID OFF.
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE UP BY YOU IF I WANT TO SEE SOME REAL SNOW!
Closed Thread