Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 02:42 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Moo-ing Becomes Electra

Because I can, that's why.

Wow, exciting news! The fossilized blister that has been inhabiting my heel since we went to NYC a month ago has chipped off!

kiwi
Old 06-06-2004, 02:56 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Cool Bored as heck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
Wow, exciting news! The fossilized blister that has been inhabiting my heel since we went to NYC a month ago has chipped off!
kiwi
Yummmmmmmmmm! Wouldn't it be great if that happened with fat? One morning you wake up and half your butt is missing and you can go out and buy new jeans?

Are we starting over with the exercise thingie, because last week was just a write-off for me.

I'm depressed. More than usual, I mean. Should have chosen one of those alternate lives. # 67 or # 112 might have been good. Must be PMS. Someone tell a joke

The deal with churches here is that if you're officially registered in either the Catholic or Lutheran church, you have to pay a fair chunk of your income as church tax, whether you go to church or not. If the wife is not working but is registered, the husband has to pay the tax based on his income even if he's not registered. The only way to get out of it is to excommunicate yourself. Hmmph.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:03 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Angry depression

this depression thing is interesting sugar---i am depressed too,but i have no idea how much and what i should do about it---all week I had the flu and COULD NOT get out of any of my obligations {school trips--two} and decorating and painting for HOURS for a retirement reception ---and attending a three hour closing ceremony AND singing at a wedding out of town AND going to a Rally for Hope {cancer support} "party"------------JEEEEZ---all i wanted to do was lie in bed and watch the STANLEY CUP FINALS BETWEEN TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING AND CALGARY FLAMES {GO FLAMES}AND I HAD TO GO PLACES EVERY TIME I TURNED AROUND---AND FEEL LIKE CRAP THE ENTIRE TIME ----------------well,i would like to stay and complain more but i have to pick up one kid one place and one at another---------sorry to BORE you,but someone pick out our drugs.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

[FONT=][/FONT]Oh jeez, I was watching the hockey game last night, but I got bored when it went into double overtime. What happened? I would go look it up or ask DH, but I consider you the expert on Canadian sports. I hope Calgary won. I can't believe Tampa Bay has a hockey team... I mean, we don't have a swim team, why should Florida get an ice hockey team? Not fair.

I wish we'd all feel better. What's wrong with us--too much time in a dim room typing into an electronic box?

I can't believe they steal your money if you declare a religion in Germany. That is so wrong. Does the church get the money or does the government? A tax on religion--wouldn't you love to hear the screaming if we instituted that in the US?

I'm braising a steak. Will that be good? I hope so. At 8 PM we are watching the Tony Awards. I'm so excited. I don't really care that much who wins or anything (except my friend), but
I know people who are there!!!! Me Me Me I know people there!!! Do you think I've gone around the bend?

Kiwi
Old 06-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

ahem. Sugar. My average is almost exactly the same. 2.7/week So if you're feeble, so am I...

So who you calling feeble?

Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Thumbs down actually

you know that ANY excercise is better than NONE!!!---the damn Lightning won the game 3-2 in the second overtime period---i was so sad------------the whole city of Calgary is going nuts for the Flames and they could have won the Stanley Cup AT HOME last night---it was to be so exciting----they had thousands of people OUT in the STREEETS waiting to party!!! amazing--------------anyway-----the flames had a "farm" team here for ten years and there are 11 guys who played here in town on the team so it's special to alot of us-----both my dd's were ushers at the games-------ANYway-----the final game is tomorrow night in Tampa===so hopefully we can win on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {thanks for caring Kiwonk!!! } -------------------------just did an hour's gardening---i have SO much to do and i HATE weeding and there are TONS of weeds-----------i remember Trixie Belding hated weeding but her mother made her weed in the hot sun before she was allowed to go up the that rich spoiled brat Honey Wheeler's house------anyone else remember????---------think i will go and make some more fudge-------------
Old 06-07-2004, 04:21 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Default Who could forget Trixie??

I loooooooooved Trixie! And I hate weeding. Got tons of it to do. Also have to go grocery shopping, take kid to dentist and go to parents' meeting at school tonight. Don't wanna! And I'm thinking of all the stuff I want to get done before we go on holiday. Not all of it really NEEDS to get done, but if I don't do it now, I'll have to do it when I get back and have JET LAG. Ugh.

Don't know nothin' 'bout no hockey. All our satellite receiver thingies are going on the fritz at once, so when we get back from the Big Smoke it looks like we'll have to replace everything and move into the digital age. Yay! Finally some decent TV.

OK, Kiweenie, how 'bout this: We're not feeble, we both did fabulously on the exercise and will continue to move our butts at LEAST 2.7 times a week for the rest of our couch potato lives. Yeah, that's it.

Last edited by SugP; 06-07-2004 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
i remember Trixie Belding hated weeding but her mother made her weed in the hot sun before she was allowed to go up the that rich spoiled brat Honey Wheeler's house------anyone else remember????---------
Ah, Trixie Belden was my favorite series (probably the only one I had very many of). There was something about those books that mesmerized me.

Go Flames

I'll probably catch some of the game tonight. This is the start of Everything Rolled Into One Week -- awards day (just came back from that), DD's final exams all week, 3 dance rehearsals, 3 dance recital performances, and, just to squeeze a little something extra out of the week, driving an hour at 8 am on Saturday so she can do 2 pieces in her music school recital, then hightailing it home so she can get to the afternoon dance recital (followed quickly by the evening dance recital). And then next week: absolutely nothing. zero. Good planning, huh?

DD got awards in, um, everything. She got plenty of exercise sprinting back and forth onstage to receive certificates. Well, she didn't really sprint. The one thing I would have liked to see her get recognized for wasn't mentioned: she and her friend who is also a good student took it upon themselves to request a different math study this year. They were in Algebra II with almost all juniors and seniors, and the class was nothing but review for weeks, so they asked if they could do an independent study together so that they could get through the actual Algebra II course over the year. They were allowed to work in a different classroom, with help when they needed it from another math teacher who had a free period, and they've both gotten A's all year. Their actual teacher was supposed to keep up with what they were doing, but they had to nudge him a lot to give them tests and stuff. When he gave them certificates for excellence in Algebra II, he didn't even mention any of this. Of course, I guess it's not surprising -- he doesn't seem to be much of a teacher. He told the other girl's father one time that "those 2 girls are so much smarter than I am, I can't even begin to teach them." How sad is that?

Hey Sugar, when are you going on vacation? Where's Big Smoke? I'm supposed to know this already, aren't I? What kind of exercise did you do to get a ?

Kiwi
Old 06-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Talking Fyi

Way to go Kiwiette!!! Kids sure are smart these days and they have so many different opportunities open to them. You may as well just pitch a tent in your car and live in there until all the recitals are over, Kiwi

Big Smoke = Vancouuuuuuver, as per usual. We leave June 8 and I have nothing to wear. Mummy (MY Mummy, that is) will have all her little chickens back on one place: 3 kids, 5 grandkids, 1 s-i-l, 1 d-i-l, one ex-d-i-l and a couple of cats. Woohoo!

= threatening various family members with a rolling pin. Didn't count those ones in my exercise total though 'cause it's so easy.

I did belly Pilates today. I can actually see some muscles there but they're still covered with a big blob of fat. That's gotta go.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:56 PM   #10  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Remember when Trixie and Honey were in the barn and someone was trying to kidnap Honey? Honey always knew kidnapping was a possibility, but to be staring it right in the face?????? I LOVEd trixie and HOney. Honey coulnd't help it she was rich...I remember being amazed that she had her own bathroom.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Yes, that seemed the height of luxury. Actually for this chick, it still would be. My own bathroom. That would be nirvana I love it when you go to a hotel room and luxuriate in the wonder of a pristine bathroom with no 3 foot long blonde hairs on the shower walls, no toilet seat up, toilet paper folded into a point (that always makes me giggle), stacks of clean white towels, no pile of dirty clothes behind the door (and yes, we have a hamper). Ahhh. I think that is my life goal, to have my own personal bathroom (DH not allowed either). Maybe I would even fold the toilet paper into a point now and then...

Kiwi
Old 06-07-2004, 05:36 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

OO Belly muscles!! Cool! You're getting so ripped!
Old 06-07-2004, 07:32 PM   #13  

Apparently I had a deprived childhood because I never read a Trixie Belden book. Ever. I was heavily into Nancy Drew. When we were at the beach, browsing thru used book stores, I came across a set of books that I had when I was a child. They had all kinds of fables and crafts and stuff in them. I would have bought them just for the nostalgia factor, but they were $95. DH didn't seem to quite get the signifigence of these books. They were what amused me for the years between 4 and 7. I made a zillion paper dolls with tracing paper and the pattern in those books. I practiced making dog and horse shadows on the walls with those books. I read all about Rapunzel and Thumbelina in those books. I made the doll bed out of a shoebox. The fish carved out of a bar of soap. Geez. I'm old. Can you imagine kids doing that now days?

Kiwi, I have my own bathroom now. I have to share with DH, but he's pretty neat. Since we put the keyed lock on our bedroom door (and no longer hide the key in the house) my bedroom and bathroom are as nice and neat when I get home as when I left the house. It's wonderful. I'm going to go candle and towel shopping this week. I plan on having a candlelit bubble bath at some point in my life.

Kiwi, can you imagine having more than one child and doing all this stuff??? Not that every child is as exceptional as your DD. Mine kept me busy visiting the vice principal's office, though. I couldn't have done more than 2 kids.

I don't do hockey or any other organized sport either. I can't relate.

I have plenty more to say, but it's time to go home. See yas tommorrow.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:36 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Those crafts and stories kind of ring a bell with me; I wonder if I had those books. It wasn't Childcraft, was it? I used to do a lot of that kind of thing when I was a kid. I did a lot of it with DD, too, while she was young enough to enjoy it. One of my favorite pictures of her is in a painting smock standing in front of an easel with a paintbrush, with her unruly blond hair and some wild picture she's painted. I have a video of something similar where I asked her what the title of her painting was (you couldn't really tell what it was), and she replied "Splendid party". She was always different...

My very favorite project that she did, by herself, was a set of construction paper people and buses. The buses had wheels that were attached to them with string or brad fasteners or even little nuts and bolts. They were so funny. The ones with the nuts and bolts, you could actually roll around on the floor.

And tomorrow she has a final exam in Algebra II.

Kiwi
Old 06-08-2004, 08:43 AM   #15  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

HI all,
I think I a finished with work for the year. DD has finals, so she's only there for two hours per day. She started her job yesterday, she 's a cashier at the local supermarket. I get a 10% discount. Yipeeee~!!!!!!!!

Wabby, Trixie was more fun than Nancy Drew. She was younger and a tomboy.

I am wiped by college prices. We are looking and I am afeared. DD wants to be a psychologist or psychiatrist. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Last summer, at Children's Hospital the residents were saying that most places reccommend a double major in Nursing/biology for the undergraduate degree. This allows them to make decent money while in grad school and puts them in a decent place for getting into med school. We'll see. I can't picture her with a bed pan.

Wabby, sometimes I think it is easier to have kids on the run. It structures their day. At this time of year, basketball, hockey, soccer, play, lit mag, choir, etc are all over. My boys come home and don't have to rush through their homework to get to practice and you would think that would make it better, but it doesn't. Their grades have dropped.

I slept well last night for the first time in an age. Sugar, about your delicate question....was that here or email??? ....I don't remember, but you are completely right. It does change in that way.

Must go slack off until it is time to pu dd.
Closed Thread