Old 02-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #16  

Good morning ladies. It is a lovely balmy day here this morning. It is supposed to be in the upper 60's which will be nice.

I am all set up for my appt then surgery! I got tired of waiting and called the surgeon's office yesterday. She said she had just seen my name somewhere, but didn't have the report she would call over there and call me back. She didn't call back for quite awhile then called back and said my barium enema test came back normal and looked good so she penciled me in for surgery April 21 and I have an appt before surgery March 24th. Looks like we are finally getting this show on the road.

My sweater is coming along great. Here is a peek at it. It is kind of hard to see. I was trying to find a light colored background so you could see the pattern, but part of the problem is I can't stretch the sweater out far enough without it coming off the needles. It is called a horseshoe pattern. I can't believe how fun it is. I know a lot of ladies do shawls and such, but they use tiny needles and very lightweight yarn and I am not sure these old hands could stand it. Knitting with size 6's can make my hands hurt sometimes.

My son just called me to talk. That poor baby is having the same problems his daddy did, lots of ear infections and everything that goes along with it, diahrrea, diaper rash because of it, hurting ears, teething problems. Mom and Dad are at each other because of lack of sleep, crabby baby and such. He told me laughingly he thinks they are going to need couple's therapy when this is all over. I didn't have the heart to tell him it repeats to some degree with every kid you have! Jackson got up at 6:30 their time, which is 5:30 our time and said he knew I would be up so called. He was letting his wife sleep in a bit. He said it is snowing there again and is fed up with the snow. He said the potholes are the worst he has ever seen. They are in for more weird weather this next week, more snow and then rain and then more snow.

Well gals, I need to put the clothes in the dryer and unload the dishwasher and find a bit of breakfast for myself.

Have a good Friday and a great weekend everybody!
Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lacesweater.jpg (45.6 KB, 10 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #17  

Smile

Good Morning, Flowers! No school today and I'm so glad -- I'm tired of being the crab! Yesterday a group of teachers were talking and one of the men mentioned he just has a feeling that something is going to happen. There have been several boys who have been coming around 7 AM and seem to just be walking the halls. These kids hate school, anyone in authority, very seldom turn homework in, etc. I didn't recognize any of the names except one and I have him in study hall. He doesn't like me because I won't let him sign out to go anywhere; one day he asked to go to his homeroom teacher and knowing it is her prep and she drives around smoking, I said no. He signed out for the office and I later found out he was in another part of the building where he had no business being. After that I told him not to ask to go anywhere because I couldn't trust him. Thursday he asked to go get a drink and I said no, that I couldn't trust him to just go to the drinking fountain and back. He got up and walked out of the room and into the community college building which is attached to the high school -- a big no-no. I wrote him up but nothing will probably happen. The sun is shining and I have my "to do" list ready to go. I need to finish unpacking the stuff I brought home for the kids and put the rest of the luggage away for another 2 years. I fell asleep in front of the TV last night then got up and went to bed, so I didn't even get on the computer at all. I need to take my computer in and have it cleaned out and upgraded if that is possible. Then my project is to get high speed internet!

"Gma" -- The hat and booties are cute! The sweater looks like it will be beautiful; I love the pattern. We don't have the snow that eastern Iowa and on into IL and IN have, but we've had the cold. I feel for your son and dil -- I remember the ear infections, colds, teething, and middle of the nighttime rocking. I don't think a mom ever forgets! I'm glad you have your surgery date -- something to look forward to having done and over with!

Susan -- I hope Stan is home by the time you read this. Poor guy! It seems like nothing ever goes very smoothly for him. I know what it's like to sit around and wait in the hospital . . . not fun! I hope you get to do some quilting this weekend!

I hope you all have a good day doing whatever you are doing today! Tomorrow is super Saturday and March 1st. That is hard to believe!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 02-29-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #18  

Good evening, ladies!

Finally got Stan home at 4 this afternoon. They had to do dialysis first. He had to go to the bathroom and his dressing fell off...lovely job they do at the hospital. I called the visiting nurse and she asked if I could put a clean one on it for tonight and they would be here tomorrow (we now have the nurse coming 7 days a week). So I cleaned it with wound cleaner and put a fresh bandage on. I've watched them enough to know what to do. Spent half the day talking to doctors who weren't available via voice mail and waiting for call backs. Hope they call on Monday.

Didn't get to quilt today but I will tomorrow. I swear I'm not leaving the house.

Faye, I'm glad you've got your surgery scheduled. I know you'll be glad to get all of this behind you.

Jean, it almost sounds scary with those kids at the school so early, etc. Who know what they are up to. I had dial up but when I got the new computer I got DSL. Couldn't stand dial up so I didn't use it. Got DSL for $14.95 for life.

I did get to WW today -down 10.4 since February 8. I'm happy.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote