Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #1  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Talking The vernal equinox approacheth: Time for Faire Queens to sashay to the Spring Palace

Come one and come all Royal Personages (and you KNOW who you are!) Let your spirits be light and your journey pleasant as we saunter, slim and sashay towards the Spring Palace.

Come in and make whatever kind of commitment you want. What will float your boat? What will enliven your days and bring you joy? Let's do it!

The vernal equinox approacheth. Avanti!

Old 02-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #2  

Default Ahhhhh... the vernal equinox!

Ahhhh! Here we are again in the Spring Palace. So happy to be back!

My commitment is to:

* Follow the Core program to the T
* Do mind/body every day (meditation plus at least one of: yoga, tai chi, qi qong -- or Pilates if I ever manage to get started on it)
* Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
* At least 3 high-intensity aerobic sessions per week
* 3 circuit training sessions
* At least 7 fruit/veggie servings a day
* Have some FUN every day
Old 02-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #3  

Yay, verily, Royal Starter of Threads, a comely job you have done and I'm feeling better already.

Ready to restart (tho it be for the thousandth time) and to make progress. In a sense I have (though not weight wise). One gent was here already to give me a price on the tree job (and though weight-y, was not as bad as I had told me it might be) and I've also talked to the last fellow who painted a room for me. I will of course get more estimates but that's faire progress for something I just decided to get moving on when I was sleepless last night.

So must have me body faire as the kitchen and yard will soon be
Old 02-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

...don't mind me, I'm just moving my things over into the Spring Palace...

Lovely! I can almost smell the lilacs blooming!

I'll be back in the morning after WW, to report in and to state my plan for the next phase of this pilgrimage.

'Night all!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #5  

Thumbs up Sunday in the Spring Palace

Well, of course it's actually still winter here but we're on our way! I've got over 8000 steps in -- a little stroll will get me over my 10k -- and yoga. Feeling a little tired. I woke up at 4. Sevenish hours sleep but I feel like I could use more. I feel like tucking myself into bed with books and a heating pad (cold in the royal bedchamber) and I think that's just what I'm going to do

I'm getting excited about the performance, although v. grateful that it's over a month off yet. The music is just so amazing and so much fun to sing (once you get any kind of a grasp of it). And I think I'm starting to get a little bit more of a clue about reading music, mostly just by staring at those funny little sqiggles while I sing.

Anagram, progress indeed! It seems to take me forever to make the smallest steps (phone call, for example) towards getting things done but once that's done it never seems like THAT big a deal. Looking forward to getting some stuff done around this corner of the Palace. I should just bite the bullet and have cleaners in -- I think if I had the house cleaned once a month I could keep it up. What's holding me back? I feel like I need to regrout the tub and toilet downstairs first.

Kat, there's nothing like spring flowers. We've got a local grower who sells tulips so I've usually got them in the house. Plus I've got some well-chilled tulip and grape hyacinth bulbs that I'm intending to bring in and force (sounds so cruel but actually, won't they be happy to get out of that cold porch and into a cozy pot of dirt!)

Looking forward to your report!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #6  

Talking Chick's on the move!

Yes, that little chick in my ticker is loving the feel of that spring grass under her feet as she ventures forth into ... virgin territory! Yes! It's been years since I got down this far. Funny how those darn years get past I was thinking 3 or 4 but it's probably more like 6. But I'm moving! 215, my goal for Friday, is totally within reach. I'm officially excited!

Has anyone been following the discussion about the relationship between clutter and fat? I know a number of us have noted it before but it's interesting to see someone formalizing it. This guy wrote a book called "Does this clutter make my butt look fat?" He says that it seems to work both ways: when people lose weight they get control of their clutter and when they get control of their clutter they seem to lose weight. Eureka!

Well, it really seems to be the case: gaining control over one area of life helps one get control over others. Hey, we're going to be slender AND have well-kept houses (my apologies to other queenly personages, who probably do have nicely kept homes. For me, though untidiness and weight go together.)

So. I've gotten well over my 10000 steps three days in a row. It's raining out there today so I guess I'll haul out my to get the numbers up today. I've done the walk to and from gym, and 11 flights, baby!

Looking forward to some day going for a (Plus I really love that lil' swimmer and wanted to use it.

Queenlies all, have a fabulous day! And c'mon in and post so I can respond to ya!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #7  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Spring Palace is looking good!

Good morning to my fellow s.
I am so ready for a new challenge! I had to look up the date of the Vernal Equinox to set my goal; it shows up as March 20th. That leaves me with 4-5 pounds for my goal--I'm shooting for 5. To hit that, I'm going to need to keep on doing what I'm doing, but I'd like to incorporate a few more small things into the mix.

To date I've been:
  • Making sure I have fruits and/or vegetables with every meal and most snacks.
  • Cutting back on fats (removing skin, trimming meat, cutting oil in recipes)
  • Cutting back simple carbs (changed to brown rice, and loving it!)
  • Eating more complex carbs (see above )
  • Moving more

I'd like to add:
  • Specific movement, aka exercise, 3 times a week.
  • Daily vitamin/mineral supplement (I forget almost every day!)
  • Drinking more water--anything more than 64 oz. a day will count

I know it doesn't sound like much, and they are all things I KNOW I need to do anyway, but putting it in a list like this ups my chances of actually doing what I am supposed to be doing.
Here's to the Spring Palace! I'll see you all there!

Andria
Old 02-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #8  

Hey Arabella Grats to the little chicky stepping out into virgin territory! You've been working hard, and you really do deserve to be there.
The clutter and fat discussion makes absolute sense to me. When I feel good about myself it is reflected in every aspect of my life. When I came to my senses and began to back out of my previous marriage, it was terrifying to realize how much clutter and just plain old crap I had surrounded myself with. I was literally living in the chaos inside my head. It is embarrassing to admit, but we moved truckloads of trash out as I (and my girls) came free. Every available space was crammed with things we didn't need, but we didn't have the clarity to understand and admit that to ourselves at the time. Right now I'm realizing I was doing the exact same thing to my body as I was to my surrounding environment. I was filling up every space inside me so I didn't have to face the void.

Anagram, grats on all the fresh starts in your life! I am always such a chicken about making those first calls, and I was really impressed at how you just did it.

Kat, I am just about dying to read your post announcing your new job. It sounds like everything really is coming in its proper time for you. I think I should be offering grats on your son getting his driver's license as well, but I'm too busy thinking my 17 year old needs to get hers... I know, I know... can't hold on to them forever, must let them spread their wings. We're talking about doing it this summer. Wish me luck!

Got to run now. The up and coming s are moving around outside, and there will soon be a clamor for the royal breaky. I do love holiday Mondays!

Andria
Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #9  

Smile Tuesday, Tuesday

And if this is Tuesday, there must be sound I've already done the quiet kind and put in a half-hour on my I'll walk over to sound yoga at lunch, which will give me my 10000 steps.

Choir practice last night which, as often happens, kept me awake until getting on for midnight. Which is late for folks who get up at 5 a.m. I'm not sure what the solution is. Maybe Reiki. It usually works...

Wow, Mozart's Requiem is glorious! The more I learn the music, the more I love it! Thrilling, thrilling music to sing.

Andria, it's funny. I can go a long time (and just demonstrated this) trying all the time but just not trying hard enough to actually lose weight. Always conscious of trying to lose weight, putting in effort. Just not ENOUGH effort. And then, when I kick it up a notch, I'm kind of surprised to see that it works

Re: filling up spaces -- this thing works on so many levels. I feel, on the one hand, like the weight just glommed onto me when I wasn't looking But on another level, I truly believe that I created this fat shell to insulate myself from life.

I remember meeting a dear friend I hadn't seen for a while, during which time I'd gained about 30 pounds and having the thought pop into my head as we embraced: "Oh, but I didn't want to make myself further away from YOU!" As if I was protecting the me inside by putting fat between me and other people.
Huh. Heavy stuff, man, and I guess we've got to work it out.

I felt like I had caught a cold yesterday and could feel that some part of me wanted to be sick, just to have an excuse to slack off. But I made a concentrated effort to focus the part of myself that wants to be well and energetic, gave myself some Reiki and felt pretty much better right away.

Well. I think I'm going to have to maintain that attitude. Off I go! Love to all -- I miss you!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #10  
wsw

just a quick note to say hi and i'm still kickin'. thanks for starting the new thread, arabella. so good to hear how everyone is doing, and it sounds mighty good indeed. fresh start for me definitely. i will have to keep tweaking food plan, since weight seems to have been at a standstill for a while. will keep up with regular exercise plan, and do more with meditation cd's, and remembering to have fun. well, that's it mostly. need to rush off to doc appointment, but at least wanted to say how happy i am to be in the spring palace with all you lovely royals. have missed you. take care.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Oh, so much good, good stuff here to ponder and comment on and I just CAN'T right now. Getting ready to head down to mom's with my sister and 2 of my brothers...we're taking her out to lunch...today would have been my parent's 53rd anniversary. We just didn't want her to be alone today.

Still no word on the job...tho' they did say I'd hear by "the middle of the week." Close enough in my book! CALL ME. I'M READY.

My weigh in was not what I wanted to see, but I really have to work on how those silly numbers affect my attitude. Their scale showed A (as in ONE, UNO, SINGLE) pound off, which is good, to be congratulated and celebrated, but my scale said THREE lbs off and I wanted my stars, dangit! I was kind of droopy all day because I was so excited at the prospect of... what? hearing someone else tell me I've lost a certain amount of weight? I know what I'm doing and I am making progress, so I really need to be patient and accept that this is a process...a long term commitment.

*sigh*

Okay, moving on.

On a more positive note, my underwear are fitting better!

I'd better get moving, my sister is picking me up in an hour and a half and I wanted to sneak in a catnap first. I'll try to get back in later...I really need to discuss this body fat/clutter business!

Have a good day, s!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-19-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #12  

Happy Tuesday weigh-in day for me! Yeah, I know Tuesday is an odd day, but it works. I think I have too many superstitions built up around Monday WI's. Anyway, things are looking good! I've been hanging pretty steadily with 1 lb. a week, but this week the scale said 3. That makes my first 10 lbs. off! I know it is slow, and part of me is getting anxious to get this off faster, but I can be good with steady. I've done fast before. This isn't a crash diet--this is my now and forever lifestyle.
I have to sub this afternoon, and my honey is home today, so I'm going to run off and spend some time with him while I can.
Have terrific days!

Andria
Old 02-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #13  

Smile Hup-hup...

Tired today! I'm going to take the laptop and work from bed this morning I think. Because I can. Anyway, done the walk to the gym and circuits, Only managed 9 flights today but I guess that's the way it goes. I will get the rest of my 10k steps as gently as possible

Getting DGS this afternoon, so I must marshal my forces!

We had a spring day yesterday and then woke up to the winter wonderland again today Still... one has hope!

WSW, YAY!!! So nice to see you in the Spring Palace! Steady weight over the winter is a triumph, in any case and now we head into the season of new beginnings.

I bumped into Cerise 'round the Internets and she was asking about you. I've been trying to lure her back to the Palace but so far to no avail.

Andria, Honey... 3 pounds off is not what we call slow -- that's fabulous! Major grats, you crunkster you! Hope you had some nice quality time with your guy.

Kat, congratulations on the loss -- the rest of it will likely show up next WI And besides -- underwear don't lie, right? Even if we might occasionally construct a lie involving it. "Shrank in the dryer" anyone? Aaaanyway, better fitting underwear indicates better than a pound loss. I've had the same thrill, here, actually

Okay, now where's my Anagrammy and s Kaylet & Ceara? I would send out the St. Bernard with the lil keg of brandy but I know if one arrived at MY door I'd be tempted to just snuggle up with that big ol' doggie and drink.

Dahlinks, have a wonderful day! Mmmmmmmmwa!

Last edited by Arabella; 02-20-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #14  
wsw

good morning, royals!

kat, andria-congrats on the losses! woo-hoo!!

kat-your new job possibility is so exciting. hope you find out officially very soon.

arabella-kudos for doing all that exercise already, especially when you were so tired, and not feeling that great yesterday. what you said about overweight being like insulation from the world resonated with me. i think it has definitely been the case fo me at different times in my life. i also thought the clutter/fat connection is an interesting notion. i saw the author of that book on oprah and had a bit of an "aha" moment myself. again, at different times in my life that had proved to be true for me, fortunately much less so now than in the past,at least. on that same track, procrastination can be one of the things i struggle with. i have a lot of detestable paperwork that i had been putting off for a while, but am now tackling. even though i hate doing it, at least i am feeling much better now that i am working on it than i did when it was just staring at me. for the most part, though, for quite a few years now, i am much better at keeping my home de-cluttered consistently and not procrastinating with aggravating paperwork, so basically i have been going in the right direction, and plan to remain on that path. it sure is a process, though, and i am most definitely a work in progress!

hi anagram, kaylets, and to all our lovely royals, mentioned or -un.

oh and speaking of the right direction---i am staying op and keeping up with exercise, and will continue to tweak food plan until it seems a little more weight loss-producing. may i just say, though, that i hate plateauing (sp?). ah well, speaking of that noble effort of wading through that annoying paperwork, i'd better get back to it. well, lovely queens, have a pleasant day.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Hello lovlies... I'm beyond excited to inform you all that I just typed up my resignation and will, once again, be a member of daylight society effective March 10!

HOORAY!

Must go shopping...

Back later, celebratory dinner scheduled with family this evening.
Closed Thread