Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #121  

Well, FRIENDLY is an F word too! And Fair. And Fanciful. And lots of other good F words to describe you, kat. Glad you're feeling somewhat better AND were saved embarrassment.

And am so glad to hear you're relaxing more today, Arabella. That's really a necessity of life - like air and food and water. We just forget, don't we?

I did my Forceful thing and tackled the unpleasant part of my two chores. I started on the pleasant one first but then really spent time, energy on the unpleasant one. Done enough for today on that so now I have the rest of the day to dilly-dally and do things but in any way I'm in the mood (or not) to do them. Sometimes discipline does help me enjoy more and I'm glad I did it that way. House is more in order (after the visit) and it's to be warmish later so the day holds all sorts of promise. Waiting for "possible" visit from handyman person but may not wait too long. Just long enough to sort out a few more little chores. Certainly not much longer than "Curb Appeal".

At any rate, things aren't quite "converged" enough today but they're getting somewhat close

Last edited by anagram; 03-29-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #122  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Just so you all know, I really did survive this last week! It was a lot of fun actually being the teacher instead of only babysitting for a day or two. I couldn't find too many ways to make Julius Caesar entertaining, but we did have an awfully good time in the Macbeth classes. The 3 Weird Sisters and that crazy Lady Macbeth tend to keep everyone interested. Whiny Romans just didn't have the same appeal... go figure.
Unfortunately, the lack of sleep combined with the extra stresses started to tattle on me again. I bounced straight up on the scale and have been sitting somewhere between 3-5 pounds higher. I had to have a serious conversation with myself to determine if there was anything I was doing to have the scale moving that direction, and while I denied it at first, the truth had to come out--I wasn't anywhere near on the plan I have set for myself. Top that off with a much lower amount of daily exercise (no 6 Flags or hours of strolling along the River Walk), and I was setting myself up for failure. I was hurried, so I wasn't eating more than a smidge of fruits and vegetables this last week. One day I didn't even drink 16 oz. of water. I have only been getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night. My life was completely out of balance, and there was no denying it. I've been trying to get myself back to an even keel, and I'm hoping the extra poundage goes its own way before next Tuesday (my WI). I know it is mostly water weight because it is physically impossible to put on a true 5 lbs. overnight, but that doesn't mean I want to see it when I get on the scale! Besides, I have a goal to meet, and people are starting to take interest and ask if I'm still losing my pound every week.
So, that was all about me... ummm... I have some serious catching up to do around the palace! I'll be back in to do that properly before the weekend is done.
*HUGS* to all! Thanks for keeping the light on.

Andria
Old 03-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #123  
a work in progress...

The light is always on, darlin'!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:13 AM   #124  

That's one of the many loverly things about the Palace. Light's always on - candles in the windows - gentle breezes wafting - and all low-caloric foods.

It's sort of interesting how we all drift for a bit and then, often at the same times, come back together. Life happens, I'd say

So, a lovely sunny Sunday morning after a fairly good Saturday. Seems one of those days filled to the brim w/possibilities. Hmmmm - one thing I know. I shan't totally waste it. Upcoming week looking very busy so I'm determined to do an outdoor lollygag or two today. And maybe an evening lollygag on the loveseat/recliner to savor whatever was good in the day.

So - off to make it happen -- Sunny Sunday to Ye Sweet, Svelte, Sexy, Sophisticated Sovereigns.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #125  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

You know, it is all rainy outside, and the sky has been cloudy like this for days, but the non-existent sun actually seems to be shining. As Anagram put it, "Seems one of those days filled to the brim w/possibilities."
I've just dropped my girlies off at church, and the husby is on call, so I'm going to take some me time and have a nice walk outside.
It is crazy. I didn't sleep well last night-in fact, I finally gave up trying at 3:30-but I feel very much at peace with myself, and I want to get outside and do a bit of harmonizing with nature. Do you ever have those days when you feel so much bigger than your own self? I just feel like I'm vibrating on some sort of cosmic/universal level. It feels good to be inside my skin today.
I'll be back later!

Andria
Old 03-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #126  
a work in progress...

I've been doing a lot of thinking this morning...inspired by Andria's comments... and have realilzed that it's time to reassess. What am I doing? What's next? It has taken me 4 months(ish) to lose twenty lbs. While I feel the "weight" (haha) of that accomplishment, I realize that it can certainly be improved upon. I took a good, hard view of what I've been doing...what's working, what's not.

What's working:
  • Consistent exercise
  • Planning ahead, keeping what I need stocked
  • Following WW/going to meetings
  • Coming here to share my thoughts and learn from yours
  • Keeping a positive outlook
What's NOT working:
  • Eating what I want on weigh in day.
  • Allowing that laisez faire attitude to slip into the day after weigh in day!
  • Skipping exercise when I'm tired/it's too late/too cold/etc...
  • Being unprepared
  • Allowing myself to get too hungry
  • Wasting time searching the Web for the answers that I am already quite aware of
  • Avoiding the palace when I'm floundering
  • Doubting myself

I do understand that it's nigh on impossible to be 100% true to plan all the time, BUT! It's time for me to ramp up my efforts and strive for more than the lackluster 60/40 I've been giving.

So. There are 83 days til Summer Solstice. 12 weeks. The thought of sunshine and flowers and days on the beach is so tantalizing. The thought of being somewhat lighter and able to wear cute summer outfits whilst enjoying the above? Ahhh... I'm going to try to keep those thoughts forefront in my mind as I journey on with renewed hope and spirit and determination.

Sorry for the me me me post, but this post has taken me, literally, hours to write! (see: time posted/opening line) I kept getting distracted or sidetracked, but I wanted to get my thoughts down before they slipped away, so I just kept coming back and adding more. I think I'm done now!

Time for me to join Anagram, in spirit, for an outdoor lollygag or two...

Here's hoping that everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-30-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #127  

Good analysis, Andria. And good weight loss too.

So far, I've done some yard work, shopped Wal Mart and toured a one story home that's for sale. Actually liked it. Not really ready yet but, one step at a time. Would actually prefer one that's been lived in, preferably by a handy guy who has done all sorts of little things to it that I'd never get around to doing. But these aren't bad at all.

After picking up the yard things that took me to Wal Mart I cruised by clothing - not expecting to find much. But, voila, I found a two sided skirt (long & cheap), had a top already to wear with the one side, bought one to go with the other. Tried them on when I came home and they work. One side I can wear w/white blazer and the other w/black sweater. I'd call it my Easter outfit but Easter's over. Anyway, I had been planning to look and look and look at all sorts of other places and this just jumped into my cart.

So going back out to do a litle more yard work. My boy came one and got some done but so much more needed and he hasn't been rushing to do it. May need to find another. Sigh - this one was so good last year - but as teens grow and get busier..................

Ok, back to outside lollygagging.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #128  
deleted2

Greetings, Dear Queens! I was in the neighborhood.....

Old 03-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #129  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile And Sunday winds down in the Palace

Although it's been a pretty slow day -- 5-mile walk this morning and then nothing much else all day Poking around the net, flipping through magazines. I tell me I need some down time and mayhap it beith true. I'll wrap it all up with an early bedtime and a novel. Tomorrow is another day, and Fresh Start Monday at that.

Andria, sometimes I think of it as the difference between "trying" and TRYING -- you know, hit-and-miss but never really not trying -- I can go along that way for quite a while but... I don't lose weight. Then, lo and behold, when I actually put in the effort, it works You're doing great!

Kat, for me one of the biggies is social occasion "exceptions" that then spill over into the next day, week, and so on. No more! I'm officially OFF sugar and gluten for the duration!

Anagram, I love the sound of your two-sided skirt! And the idea of outdoor lollygagging sounds delightful. Months off here, but it will happen

Eydie, great to glimpse your slender form flitting through the Palace!

K, lies -- have a blissfully restful night and we'll hit it again in the a.m.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #130  

So far it's been a great day! Although a bit grayish and now drizzling. But that's ok as I put grass seed on some of the many bare spots.

Nice to see you, Q Eydie! And your dear quote from whence came most of our "royal" status way back when,

Hope you managed your restful day, W.N. I certainly did. Feeling better than in ages. That Spring feeling, you know........................

Old 03-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #131  

hELLO Royals,

Monday in this kingdom was beautiful at dawn but this Royal woke too soon.....by midday it was very dark, very rainy and continues.....

All in all, not a bad Monday.

I am still in experiment mode with as little artificial sweetner as possible. I am using real sugar in my coffee and am just realizing today that I didnt even think about the vending machine today. Or at least, it was just a passing thought.... once about 15 minutes before lunch, and the other time about 10 minutes before quitting time. Which is a far, far cry from craving something sweet 10 minutes after eating my lunch....hmmmmmm.....

Silver....School daze.... how interesting! I have enormous respect for teachers and am a bit jealous too....

Wsw.... How was Barry?

Anagram... A house on one level makes me jealous too......

Kat.... GOOD FOR YOU !! Well done... A lower decade is great!

Ceara.... how goes it your way? Did you get any of that snow I saw in MN?

Wood Nymph... Getting a handle on things?? I can SOOOOO relate to everything hitting at once....

Who am I Missing?

HI EYDIE!!! How goes it ? Are you still in your mountain kingdom?

Here's Tuesday's thought:

Thought of the day:

"In every difficult situation is potential value.
Believe this, then begin looking for it."
Norman Vincent Peale

Question of the day:

"Do you own a printed telephone book?"

Kay's six words:

"Too important to be taken seriously"

Fantatstic, Fun, Fabulous, Famous, Fit, Fierce.....
Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #132  

Well, still damp outside but to reach 60 today, they say. All good for my little grass seed patches.

Bro fm Alaska, nephew fm GA to visit today(with retinues), I hear. So they'll be my day brighteners. This is bro who had gastric bypass on Nov 2 and was down 100 lbs by 1/1. No idea how much he's lost in total in total 5 mos - hope I'll recognize him I'm sure he was happier about his flight.

Tree man coming tomorrow to top lots of hedgelike shrubs. Bit by bit, things ARE getting done. Not fast enough but nonetheless.......

Short on sleep again but should be able to manage one day as I've been doing fairly well with that. I just should not stop to play solitaire when I go to shut down my computer for the night.............

TERRIFIC TUESDAY, REGALS

Last edited by anagram; 04-01-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #133  
wsw

hi royals! i had sooo much fun at the barry manilow concert last week. my friends took me to dinner first at an excellent italian restaurant. we arrived at the arena in plenty of time, and while we were outside waiting to enter, there was an announcement that "barry wants the temperature at 64 degrees, so if you need to go back to your cars first to get jackets, now is the time." they weren't kidding. it was so cold in there, i thought i would cry, but my friends and i nestled in and laughed a lot before the concert began, so we survived. it was warmer outside though when we got out afterwards, and it did feel good to warm up. anyway, the sound system was pretty bad, and it was verrrry loud, but despite the cold and the reverberating sound system, it really was fun. i was surprised at how well i remembered so many of the words to all the songs, and barry's voice still sounded good. the negatives were that he is definitely too old to be on the jumbo screens where you can see a lot of bad plastic surgery work. he had a good sense of humor about his age, though. it was really cute to see all the old folks ( i should talk---since i am one of them!) in the audience rocking out and swaying their glow sticks to the music. i was one of the "young kids" in the audience at 55 years old, if that gives you any idea. most of the ushers too were in their 70's. my friends and i really got a kick out of the evening, and we were humming some of the songs on the way out. it is his las vegas show, so it was very fun, corny, and glitzy, including one actual piano change from a black one to a white Liberace-like piano while the lights were out briefly. my friends are such wonderful sports and have such good senses of humor and it all made for a lovely evening. i got home at 11p that night, which was a verrry late night for me, and as i fell into bed, it was with a big smile on my face.

i have had a cold the past few days, but have stayed op pretty well, despite thinking i should eat more because i am sick. what can i say?! i hardly ever lose my appetite. well, i need to get back in bed now, but i wanted to say hello. thinking of you all, dear royals.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #134  

Hello all!

Tuesday .... dark with sheets and sheets of rain and I spent nearly the whole day looking at spreadsheets but when I left at 6:30, the sky was clear.
Sun was beginning to set and as I drove the "back way" through the State Park, the fields really did make me think of Sting's "Fields of Gold"....

well, I am suprised to be suprised but the "Anti Artificial Sweetner" Experiment is really working. How interesting. I will try to continue. And now, the trick will be to find things without artificial sweetners. Which will mean, unprocessed foods. Hmmmmm...A Wizard of Oz moment... I always knew it......

Anyway.

Tonight we watched Legend with Will Smith. Interesting. Almost enough to make you very nervous about what we're doing with science and medicine but it takes you along so you don't have time to think of anything other than where the story takes you. It might be very old.

Here's Wed's Thought:

Thought of the day:

"Do your little bit of good where you are;
its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world."
ArchBishop Tutu

Question of the day:

"Have you ever had a fish (as a pet) ?"

Lullabye and goodnight.....

Old 04-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #135  
a work in progress...

I had a goldfish that I won at a fair, by bouncing ping pong balls into his bowl. I don't recall that he lived a long life...

Just in from work. I'm really amazed at how quickly the week goes by, working Monday to Friday. I thought for sure that I would go mad working so many days in a row! I can't believe that Wednesday has already flown by. A bunch of night nurses stopped in for a visit this morning...they were shocked at how "nice" I looked. (their words!) Didn't I look nice at night? I asked... :? I guess I'm just more awake with less bags under my eyes now!

I'll be moving into my actual 'cubicle' on Monday. It's not really a cubicle... just my own space in a room with two or three other people. Nice folks, as far as I can tell. One guy, which is nice. I've worked with mostly women for forever. When you get a guy thrown in the mix, it adds a nice dynamic. A different perspective.

On the weight loss front: I'm up a few lbs from the other day. I should have expected that, weighing in right after not eating for three days! No matter, I'll just keep plugging along.

Sounds like the concert was a good time, wsw! Barry must be trying to remain embalmed with temps like that, though!

Interesting about the artificial sweeteners, Kaylets! I was thinking I should cut them out then, also, but I don't really use any, except for a very occasional diet coke. No, I do put Splenda in my oatmeal. Is that considered artificial?

Hope you're enjoying your visitors, anagram, and that your weather is a lovely as it is here!

Hi to you too, Arabella, Andria, ceara, Eydie! I hate to cut this short, but I need to get out of my work clothes, into my play clothes, and get outside while there's still sunlight!

Closed Thread