Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #151  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Talking

Good luck Andria! congrats on the downage....

Glad you are feeling better Arabella...I'm sure you will be on the road shortly. That ol' binge is there a lot some times...an ever continuing battle for us all!

I am in Whittington IL for the next few days...very nice resort. I am helping with a National so this is a perfect way to see the country. We are planning on the sight-seeing today and then workity, workity for the next few days. There are lots of wineries and antiques in this area!

I have the laptop with me and of course, wireless fast hook-ups here....what a relief!

So...will keep in touch more likely....
Old 04-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #152  

Well, lucky ceara - think of us while you're enjoying all those pleasant things - but by now, maybe you're into the worky worky.

Glad interview went well, Andria. Fingers crossed.

What a busy weekend, kat - I'm sure all that trekking helped the scale a bit.

Arabella, hugs to you. Hope all those achies go away.

I HAVE been naughty. Was at Princessville over the weekend and had a great time. But that was 3 days ago. Also went to dinner with the social group and still patting me on the shoulder for joining up.

Sun out today but hadn't been for a while. I've been doing a little Soul Searching. I had held pretty steady weightwise through lots of stressful things (including the holidays) but since January, I've been just going wild in the evenings and the scale has been inching up to territory I had not seen since 2001. So I talked to me a lot and have acknowledged some stressful situations I think I've been trying to deny. I've taken steps to bring one major one to an end, hopefully soon. And I've now got one decent day behind me. As ceara said before - one is better than none.

I also had overdone yard work a bit (though it wasn't really much) and shoulder had been unhappy. So I'm making strides to get that back in shape.

Anyway, I think I'm in a better place since I've had my heart to heart with me and I hope to do better with the day to day of my life. Just must find a way to deal with the evening binges.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #153  

Realized I didn't answer queries re my bro. All those well intended plans fell apart as there were too many people to see in too many directions. So I have not seen him yet. He is planning to come to my place tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #154  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Sunshine anyway

Forecast was for but the sun's out there. I should go for a hobble before it clouds over. Still recovering, still enjoying life anyway. Still extremely grateful that this is (unless I'm sadly mistaken) temporary and regularly scheduled programming will resume before long.

I've been OP again, sticking to my "table" rule. Which, I have to say, would probably do it for me if I had no other rules at all That bears thinking about.

I took my mom out yesterday and was struck by how very slowly I was walking. Seemed to take forever to get a couple of blocks. It was a little humbling, thinking of how I usually (in comparison at least) breeze along. More gratitude due soon.

Ceara, spring and sightseeing, antiques and wine? Enjoy!

Anagram, those heart-to-hearts are so important, aren't they? I so often feel like I've got different factions clashing within. One needs to get through to the "heart of hearts" to get on the right path.

Have a lovely visit with bro!

lies, I must be about my business. Love ya!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #155  

Hello all!

I swear, I was here last night and thought for sure I had posted....
I guess I more distracted than usual w/ DH out of town this week....

And I will be glad when this week ends!

Glad you are able to move along some Wood Nymph....

I need to lay down as I suddenly felt the "crash" sensation.....

Hugs to all ...
sorry to be so short and vague!

----Friday Thought:
"What we need is a cup of understanding,
a barrel of love and and an ocean of patience."
St. Frances de Sales

Question of the day:

"Who do you use for your cell phone service?"

Old 04-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #156  
wsw

just a quick check-in to say hi. finally lost a pound. every ounce is definitely like pulling teeth.

arabella-hope your hobbling is soon a thing of the past.

hi to ceara, andria, kaylets, anagram, kat, and all our lovely royal palace dwellers. thinking of you all. will write more when i am not so sleepy. off to bedy-bye. take care, all.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #157  

Ah, yes - gratitude - it's what always pulls me back together.

Brother report - Gosh, he's a good looking fellow Since the surgery on Nov 2, he has lost 160 pounds. His doctor thinks it's likely he'll lose 40 or so more. He's looking at 30 as good. With his doctor's ok, he's still eating at the 2 mo-after-surgery stage. He wants to lose all he can before he starts adding more food (even small amounts) and things like restaurant eating. He says they think he needs to exercise more to lose faster but he's still losing at 20 a month or so. It's expected to slow down each month.

Frankly he never looked as big to me as he must have become. He's tall and large framed, etc, so carried well. He didn't have to have two airline seats this time or First Class and he mentioned how well he could get out of a chair. He was a large boned 10 1/2 lb baby who looked 3 mo old when he was born and has always been very physically active but recently felt he couldn't do a lot of things that he had been doing - he's 51 now.

Anyway, his plan for next year is to go hunting in Africa. He didn't use the term "reward" but I was thinking. They're also going to build a new home starting when they get back to Alaska. He stressed he's learning a new lifestyle and really isn't hungry so far. He flew to Arkansas on Monday, back on Tuesday so other brother could see him. He's done a LOT of research, is in an online support group and has been urging AK brother to do something about his weight. That bro's insurance doesn't cover the surgery and I'm not sure I'd want him to do it but would like him to do something. Not that he hasn't in the past - at least twice has lost like 125 pounds - but it's all come back and brought company.

Yesterday was a GORGEOUS Spring day here -into the 70s with hyacinths, daffs, tulips, forsythia and lots of blossoms blooming. Similar today but no sun and cold weather coming back.

Time for me to get back to work on project aimed at diminishing stress in my life. Will spend time on it this weekend too. But am determiend to have some FUN too.

??? - Prepaid something or other. Not really into cell phone that much but others look lots more interesting than mine and I like when Princess just about 12 sends me pics from hers.

Sorry it's so me, me (or bro, bro). But sending lots of Spring Sunshine to all.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #158  
wsw

andria- glad to hear your interview went well.

hi ceara-hope all is going/went well at the national in il.

hi kat. how's it going?

arabella-hope you are feeling back up to snuff a.s.a.p. hope the recent party you had was pleasant for one and all.

anagram-it was interesting hearing about your bro's journey with wls. i know someone who is thinking about doing it, in fact. it's not even an issue for me because of lack of insurance, but i can't say for sure that if i had the means, i would not do it. anyway, since it is a moot point for me, the old-fashioned way will have to do. glad to hear your bro is doing so well.

kaylets-hope things will get happily back to normal for you when your dh is back in town.

and to all our regals, salutaions. hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. i am hanging in with dainty portions. i need to get out and complete a few errands now, so must away. take care, all.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:26 PM   #159  
a work in progress...

Popping in quickly to say "hi!" and fly~
So much to do, so little time....
I should be back tomorrow with a decent sized post...
Old 04-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #160  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Smile R & R time in the palace

I am finally holding still long enough to write a post! It feels as if all I've been doing lately is running back and forth to jobs, taxiing princesses around to different activities, getting resumes out and about, and trying to keep up with the basics of a house. By the way, the house does look like it has been last on my list. Ah well. I have been moving an awful lot, though. That couple more pounds off is making a huge difference for my feet and knees. It is amazing how such a little bit can change so much for me. Today I've walked 8600 steps, and it isn't even the end of the day. I'm also not sitting on the edge of the bed crying because it feels like the bones in my feet are going to break if I stand up. HUGE difference! I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and seeing what changes those bring for me.
I haven't heard about the job yet. I guess a couple of days doesn't mean the same thing to them that it does to me. Part of me really, really wants that job, but the other part of me is terrified about being Cheer sponsor. Everyone keeps telling me that Cheer sponsor has absolutely no life until after football season is over. After football the cheer competitions kick into high gear, and the sponsor pretty much looks back at the busy football season as a fond memory when there was at least time to breathe. That isn't exactly what I need for my first year out as a teacher! Not to mention the fact that I actually like my family, and I would love to see them once in a blue moon. But I need a job, and I'm not sure I have the luxury of waiting around to see if something better comes my way.
Huh. Reading that last bit over shows me just how conflicted I am about that position. I wish they would just let me know one way or the other!

wsw, Congrats on the lost pound! May you never see its like again!

anagram, Loved your description of the heart to heart. I've had to do a lot of it recently as well, and there is nothing like a dose of honest self-talk to help get the ball rolling again.
I also have a problem with evening/right before bed binges, but I read something the other day that kind of stuck in my head and has been helping. The article was talking about letting your body do its dieting at night when you don't have to work so hard at it all. The suggestion was to eat a decent, filling evening meal and then let your body get to work. If you wake up hungry in the morning, it is a good sign. I've always fought the "never eat after 6" diets, but the way this guy put it made sense to me. Try to stop eating a couple of hours before you know you will be hitting bed, and know you are doing your hard dieting work while you sleep. I know it sounds simplistic, but it made sense to me, and I've been having an easier time not diving into the cupboards right before bed.
Loved hearing about your brother! I can't even imagine what it will feel like when I have that much weight off my body.

Kaylets, I do love your Questions of the Day. I use Sprint for my cell service. We chose it because my husband already had his set up, and we all wanted to be able to call each other without eating minutes. Before that I had a pre-paid because we didn't live in an area that had service, and it didn't make sense to pay for something I only used a few hours a day while traveling back and forth to the school I was attending.

Arabella, Are you out of pain yet? I was amazed to hear how hard it hit you, but I am so grateful you take good care of yourself because it sounds like it would be even worse if you didn't.

Ceara, Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Hope you had tons of fun at Nationals as well as the other activities.

Ok, I took a really long time writing this. Just goes to show me it is easier to keep up than try to catch up!
I'm going to go downstairs and spend some quality time with my royal consort and the princesses. We plan to be quiet the rest of the evening, but tomorrow my sweetie has promised me we will be planting flowers! Wahoo! I also think I managed to get him to concede to letting me have a lime tree in the back yard. He might not remember fully (he might not even have been completely awake), but he did promise. I'll let you know how that works out.

Andria
Old 04-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #161  

Smile Sunday... ahhhh!

And I seem to be almost 100%

I've got my 10k steps in already and am thinking about nipping out later to try to get it up to 12.5 k. Maybe doing a set of tai chi... Life is so much better when I do the mind/body thing.

Had a nice slow Saturday, went out for my first walk since whatever this is struck. Browsed a book store -- could have stayed there for a lot longer if DH hadn't been getting antsy. He raked all last years leaves off the lawn and beds so the grounds are looking much more respectable. And I'm thinking if I can just get in a few minutes every day out there I can get them up to snuff ... time for a new obsession -- food just isn't working out for me. Can't say I haven't given it enough of a shot

Grey and drizzly and just above freezing but ... it's spring! We had wet flurries yesterday but they just dissolved on the ground.

Andria! 8600 steps is AWESOME!!! And I bet you hit 10k by the end of the day. You know, I really think that could totally do it And congrats on your less poundage and the effects of less poundage on your feet.

My problem isn't eating at night. Afternoon is my downfall but I need to make sure I don't eat too heavily at dinner because we go to bed so early.

Most convincing reason I know of not to eat before bed is that it makes me feel CRAPPY the next day. My body's got to put too much work into digestion (especially because I'm lying down) and I don't get my proper rest. And then when I feel tired and crappy I'm much more likely to fall off the wagon and then... you know how that goes.

As far as the job goes, sounds like there are good points and bad points, so I hope you either get it or you don't

WSW, the old fashioned way is the best as it is for so many things, to my mind And so much better to change our habits so that we become healthier all the way along. I'm almost speechless with admiration over your dainty portions. Ah, maybe some day I'll manage. I can tell you, though, the day I can do that is the day I'll come in here looking for a ticker tape parade!

Anagram, sounds like your visit with your brother was good. A safari? My goodness! Wow -- what an amazing spring day, almost worth putting up with winter for I'm enjoying it vicariously. We'll get something like that in May. Nevertheless, I'm happy enough with the slow progression here, the little daily thrills in the flower beds, warmer temps and the occasional sunny day.

Meanwhile, it's cool and drizzly and there's a fire going, I've already walked and I've got a good coffee and the NY Times from last Sunday. Life is good.

Kat, hope the busy-ness is all fun! Are you doing much gardening yet?

Kaylets, I actually don't use my cell phone. I got one a couple of years ago but lost service when I had to get a new credit card and just never started it up again. It would be handy to have once in a while but I'm mostly just as glad that people can't get ahold of me any time, any place.

Ceara, I guess you're back home again? Looking forward to a report on your trip.

Lovelies, have a splendid Sunday -- MMMmmmmwwwwwaaa!

Last edited by Arabella; 04-13-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #162  

Thumbs up Fresh start Monday

And time to get on it for the solstice challenge, methinks. Just about 10 weeks left. It occurred to me this morning that I could get to Onederland by then. Oh my! The only thing that's been stopping me is me, so if I get out of my way... I'm THERE!

I may have overdone it a smidgen yesterday. 13k steps + an hour weeding and raking. A bit tired today so I think I won't try to get more than 10k steps. Walked to the gym and did the circuit. Did a little yoga, may try to do a set of tai chi and a wee bit of gardening.

I think I'll pop back in later to post the solstice challenge, so think about what you want to do and how you want to do it.

Let's make this a good one, lies!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #163  
wsw

good morning, royals! i am ready also for a new sprint to the solstice challenge, and the hope of a new day. well, i need to get ready for a doctor's appointment, but just wanted to get the chance to say top 'o the morning to all you lovely palace dwellers. talk to you later, gators. bye.

Last edited by wsw; 04-14-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #164  

Just a quick wave for the moment as I need to get out and water some grass seed (it may already be too late) and it is SO cold out there today. But 'tis sunny and all the bloomin' things will cheer my heart and soul.

Be back.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #165  

Sunny and cold here today too but supposed to get warmer and warmer until Friday, which is supposed to be warm enough to enjoy a G&T on the deck to celebrate spring/the weekend.

My master plan is going great guns. Stellar day yesterday. I'm successfully getting out of my own way by keeping in mind what it is I really want. I'm also thinking ahead to the solstice, like connecting the dots between now and then, and picturing me with my goal achieved.

I'm going to try to get the new thread up later today.

Off yodeling at lunch

Have a lovely one, lies!
Closed Thread