Old 02-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Chicks...

Hi Chicks.

Well I didn't get stuck at work, DH was able to make it and came and got me, it really wasn't that bad, it was slick in a few spots, but nothing like they were making it out to be!! lol. Tonight coming in it was just wet. But we are worried since its so cold (21 Degrees + Wind) that it will all freeze and we're supposed to get freezing rain + snow in the AM. So lets hope for the best!!! lol.

I've been doing ok today so far with eating. Feel so hungry though and I am eating, maybe need to eat more foods with fiber? I had broccoli w/ rice, broccoli has fiber in it right? I dunno I need to find some Calorie Free foods to munch on I suppose. lol.

Well only 8 more hours to go + 13 hours tomorrow night and then I am off....... lol.

Mindee -- could be. lol

Susan -- Most likely is his fault, the little weasel!! lol. Yeah men have it way too easy. No PMS, No Periods, No Pregnancy, No Childbirth, Lose Weight easy, what is up with that? lol. Thanks. I just love my Monkey Avatar. I think its so cute. lol. Now I guess I need to find a St. Patty one!!! lol. WTG girlie!! I have some pants and stuff that I can't get into right now either -- something to work towards!!

Cristina -- YW. Well I guess I should look into WW's and the points. Aww that is sweet. That is a good song. Now everytime I hear it I am going to think of you guys. lol. DH said that "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts is how he feels about me. I cried when he told me that and listened to it too. I got a Cute Stuffed Lion and that cute little puppy dog from Hallmark that they show on tv that moves and asks for a hug. We don't go out on V-day either, like you said way too crowded. We haven't went out to eat together since my bday last year!! (09/24) With us being on opposite nights and only have one night together, it makes it difficult because usually on that one night together (Thursdays) we are both beat and just wanna veg. lol.

Big to all, hoping you all are doing well in this crazy weather!!!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SUSAN...yay to the NSV! I know you can get to 165 by Friday...you can do it! That movie looked funny! Not that big a fan of Billy Bob but he is funny in some movies. The 'prise' was three candles and a candle holder for it, and a picture of Cambrie...a valentine picture that she called a card. I was going to post it but forgot, maybe tomorrow if I remember. What is Izzy's?

SASSY...hey, how about some celery sticks w/peanut butter, or w/o. carrot sticks, apple slices...when I am wanting a snack lately I reach for a glass of water and a banana...seems to be my thing lately. Although, I do want those chips or something sweet once in a while. I like that song! Been meaning to get the Rascal Flatts CD...there's another song I really like but can't think of the name. I do listen to country once in a while but not oftne like I used to. That's sweet of hubby to get you a lion and a puppy! The hallmark puppy is cute!

FRANCIE...have fun in Seattle and enjoy your midnight breakfast! i was in Seattle a few years ago, I have a friend who lives there.

MINDEE...yeah, I heard the song a while back and know the words but now when I hear it it will be different. Are you tired of the snow yet? They said in the paper a couple of days ago that so far this year we have had 21 inches of snow, ugh! About 20 inches too many, lol!

HIYA KATY, SUE, JULES

Well ladies, I didn't want to stay up past midnight so I better get going. Nighty, night!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just making this quick.....all three kiddos are sleeping and so is Tommy on the couch.

I need to get back on track with eating! I have been doing so great with the eating three meals and two snacks. Tuesday, I ate when I was hungry to the point of almost starving. I need to get back into eating that way again.....AND drinking more water!

Sassy~ I hope the weather holds out and is nice for you guys!

Cristina~ I know exactly what you mean! There have been songs that I hear lately, and when I actually sit there and listen to the words or look at the lyrics, they make more sense to me and I listen to them differently from then on.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:33 AM   #19  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Chicks...

Hi Chicks.

Well only 1 hour and a 1/2 left!!! Then sleep, then back in for 13 hrs and then 4 nights off!! lol.

I am so achy.......ugh this stupid weather. lol.

Cristina -- Yeah I brought Pineapple, but totally forgot about it until you mentioned Bananas -- which I love!!! So I'll have to get some. I like Rascal Flatts too, I know another song of theirs is "Take me There". DH is so sweet to "remember" things like how I love lions and how I said that the hallmark puppy was cute. Those are the things that are romantic to me. I haven't gotten him anything. He said I don't have too. I said I can cook something special or something like that.

Mindee -- Well it is supposed at least quit snowing and the freezing rain for a couple days. Chance of snow on Friday, but that is it. I think I'm ready for Spring!!! lol.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

A fast post since I am way behind today!

Good morning to everyone. Digging in my closest this morning and found some more *skinny* jeans and they fit! Pretty sure I can get to 165 by Friday, .2 away from that now.

anyway - have to brag somewhere...haha. Better get, bbl!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #21  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, we are FINALLY getting some where! I got a call a little bit ago from the lady that will be Brandon’s speech therapist. She called and told me what school he will be going to, that a bus can come to the house to pick him up, and that we needed to set up a date and time for an IEP. So, we go next Friday, the 22nd at 11:30am for it! I mentioned about getting his hearing tested, and she told me that she can do a limited hearing test on him and if it looks like he needs a more in depth one, then she can give us the information on getting one done. She also told me that she wants to do her own speech evaluation on him since she didn’t do his original one. (She told me that the speech therapist that did his evaluation was really vague on some details. So she was asking me some questions over the phone) She isn’t sure if he will go in the morning or the afternoon. She got one thing that stated he would be in the morning, and then got another thing that stated he would be in the afternoon. She told me that she will find out for sure and will let us know next Friday!

I am really excited because FINALLY we will be getting some where with his talking. But I am also nervous because he is my first one going off to school! I thought I would be extremely freaked out when the time came, but I have to say that I am really at peace with this because I know it will be helping him out A LOT!

I am thinking spring right along with you Sassy!

SuzieQ~ YAY on the skinny clothes!!!! I can't wait to get there.....some day I will get there
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #22  
One day at a time

WOOHOO Susan! to the skinny jeans! You can do it!

Sassy...yummy to pineapple! I know hubby puts more thought into my gifts than I do his...sounds bad I know. I just never know what to get him and V-Day to me is just a silly day but he always seems to go overboard for some reason.

Mindee...Glad you are getting somewhere with the talking finally! It is very frustrating to say the least, especially when so many differnet people get involved. Hoping this lady will be the one to help Brandon. Can't believe he will be starting school already! Where has the time gone?!

Hey to everyone else...

Got on the computer a little later than usual. Ran to the store to get a couple of things and got gas while I was out. I have got to get back on track with my sleep. Been staying up late and sleeping in which I don't really like. Seems like the day is over before you know it and I've got nothing done! Did get in half my exercise for the day and will do the other half after Jeopardy, lol. Getting some laundry done as well. That's about it...

Have a wonderful beautiful ladies!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

I am back!!

I weighed and am almost 164! I did.

This is what happened by Susan:

I had a *bathroom moment* and weighed after that because,....hmm, it was a pretty big bathroom moment. I know , you are all thinking - "we knew you were full of it Susan".....and omg- I was!!!! So thrilled.

I am close to 164 now and think I can make that by Friday, maybe. Depends on how much more crap is in me. lol - sorry.......I find that really funny for some odd reason. I am sooooo happy!!!

I think I will dig out all the clothes and start putting the *skinny clothes* on hangers and tucking the heavy clothes away tonight, that might be fun. I have some cute summer things, I can't wait to actually wear them again, has been at least 2 years!!

Cristina - I hope you get back on a sleep pattern! I drag so much when I toss and turn. Cute about the candles and candle holders, that was sweet of Cambrie. Izzys is pizza and has a buffet with pasta's & salads, very good, haven't been there in years.

Mindee- Crossing fingers for Brandon!! Also, for you and getting back on the eating right track, you can do it!!

Sassy - How is the weather there today?? Suppose to be 60ish by Sunday here, can't wait, we can all defrost. lol I don't know anything about fiber, how is your water intake?? That might helps with the hunger feelings

Francie - I am number 17 for My Sisters Keeper at the library,so I have a few more weeks.

Katy - It was great to see you and L last night at swimming! I like Gab's new teacher.

Hi to Sue, Jules and Michelle!!

I have to run and get Gab from aftercare. I wanted to take her and buy a dress for Friday when she celebrates her 6th at school..her birthday isn't til Saturday though. I will have her until 4ish when her father picks her up for overnight. She really needs new clothes, growing like a weed!!

k- better run.........

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-13-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #24  
RosieKate

Hiya chickies!

Today just zoomed by...took J to a tour of the neighborhood middle school and was quite impressed. We had been considering a transfer, not because the school is bad, but the other area middle school is bigger and thought to have more to offer in terms of fine arts. Turns out our school has some great programs and I came away feeling he would really like it there - and it's half the size of the other school. I should pick your brain, Susan, 'cause I know both your girls have gone there. I really like the new principal - D knows him from his job...I think he has brought a new energy to the school. Other than the tour, I got a 45 minute walk in and managed to miss the raindrops..been raining off and on today and I just grabbed my umbrella and took my chances.

Susan- congrats on your loss...you are doing a great job and those skinny clothes are going to feel so good. Did you decide where to get the cupcakes..mmm...a cupcake sounds really good right now. I'm craving sugar - I don't know why...

Mindee - that's great news about Brandon...you'll get used to him going to school in no time My DD had some speech therapy from age 3-4 and she loved it - it was like a big playdate for her and it did help her socially.

Cristina- I'm a dork and missed this - but what is Good Reads? I hear you about the sleep. I have been battling insomnia and just erratic sleep in general and it's not fun. This is why I see a naturopath. She has me on a sleepblend that has valerian and melatonin in it that does help. However, she started me on some progesterone for the few days right before my period starts and that helps immensely....guess my sleeping issues are hormone related.

Sassy - yay for 4 nights off! How's your back doing? and your crazy weather?

Francie - hey - have fun in Seattle. My kids love trips to Seattle. We have relatives in Everett, Snohomish, and Mercer Island..so we visit them and take the kids to the zoo. One time we took them on the monorail to Pike's Place which was a lot of fun. Haven't taken them up the needle yet, but there's always been a long line.

Jules- I checked out your tats on MySpace - very pretty. I'm too chicken to get tattoos...then again I have hard time with making lifetime commitments, so a tattoo would probably be a bad idea for me. I also enjoyed the pics of Dominic who has to be, hands-down, the cutest baby I've seen, well, since my kids were babies, lol!

Sue - How are you doing? Are you getting much biking in? Hope your mother is doing better...

Well, might scale might be down a little tomorrow. I was at my ticker weight today - yay. I never bothered changing when I went up a few...I just figured it would come off and it did. Now I need to work on doing something so I can actually change my ticker!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:07 AM   #25  

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new.....just getting through my email and then off to bed! I did get my hair cut on Wednesday.....check out my avatar and tell me what you think! the lady that cut my hair gave me a free wash/scalp massage since we had all three kids with us. Brandon and Logan got a hair cut each as well! they look so much like boys now instead of shaggy dogs!

speaking of Brandon's last speech evaluation, we received the report that the lady from last Friday made. she has his speech age as being 1 year and 8 months! I saw that and really got down....but then I realized that this is why we are doing this! she based her report off how he acted in front of her. she didn't get him to warm up to her at all. as soon as we got into her office, she immediately jumped in on doing the test, and not gradually working into it like the lady did when he got one done at 18 months old. I am hoping that his new speech therapist will be more laid back about it, and I will mention that at his IEP.

Cristina~ Like I mentioned, I have been dreading this day since he was born! But like I also mentioned before, it is for his own good and it will help him and not harm him! So, I am very reassured by all this! His speech therapist seems really nice and she really wants to help him! I didn't get that feeling from the lady last week, and maybe that was due to her just doing the process and NOT actually being the one that we will deal with! Tommy asked Brandon if he was going to go to school and ride on a school bus, and Brandon said (very excitedly) YAY! and put his arms up in the air!

SuzieQ~ Congratulations on getting so much closer to 164! I can't wait to be able to put some smaller things in my side of the closet! and maybe my side of the closet won't look like it is for two people!

Katy~ I know it will take some getting used to.....but we will make it! Tommy mentioned to me that on Brandon's first day I will probably have to go with him so that he doesn't freak out. Not sure how we are going to manage this one since I will have Marissa and Logan here at home! I just hope we can get through this without too many tears on any body's parts!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

Happy Valentines Day!!

Good Morning -

Katy - See, I so don't crave sweets. I love carbs though, bagels -yum. As far as the cupcakes I think I will go w/ Albertsons. I looked yesterday and the frosting seemed reasonable, unlike Freddies which was 6 inches of frosting on a 2 inch cupcake. haha. Also this is whipped so it won't be too heavy.
I would go with RG for middle schools, smaller and more personal. I liked the VP there, very intense. I think the new principal came after I left but he looked good, I think him and the VP have worked together before. Anyway, I liked it also because it was closer to where the girls lived and gave more of a community feel to it. It just keeps the kids sheltered a little longer and not thrown into a huge school where they might get lost in the shuffle. IMHO.
Great on the weight!!

Mindee- Cheer up about Brandon, I am sure in the end it will all be fine and he will be talking up a storm! I like the hair do!!

I did take all my oversize winter sweaters off the hangers and brought out all my blouses and hanged them up. Just to see what I have and to motivate me. I don't think I can even wear most of them until I get closer to 150 but they are there to see....and keep me moving down on the scale. My *skinny* jeans are 8's and I haven't worn them for a long time, so I am happy.
I weighed and hit 164 this morning but I always weigh 3x and it shifted so maybe tomorrow it will be stable. Close though, yeah!

Better get my tush in gear!! Swim night and I sooooo do not want to be sitting w/ Gaby's dad at pool side, especially on valentines day. Ick, ewww, barf.....lol
k- adios!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Happy Valentine's Day, beautiful ladies!

SUSAN...woohoo! Good job on the weight loss! Stay away from the crap and you will be at 164 easy!

KATY...wow, middle school already?! Doesn't seem possible...the kids were just little guys yesterday! Goodreads is a book site...something you might like. You can add all your books you've read, going to read and so forth. Join groups to discuss books you've read, or movies you've seen...pretty cool site.

MINDEE...Brandon will be fine. I think the first one to go is always the hardest. I know when Jason went, of course he went to preschool for almost three years first but I expected him to cry or say I don't want to go. I was the one who cried, lol. He didn't even look back at me, lol.

SASSY...woohoo, four days off! Any special plans or just hanging around the house?

FRANCIE...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby today! What a special day for a birthday.

SUE...how are you doing lady? Hoping all is well with you and your momma.

JULES...hoping all is well with you too! Give that beautiful grandbaby lots of hugs and kisses from me!

Nothing much going on today...did 65 minutes of exercise this morning before heading out to run errands. The rest of the day is free, yay! Will get the rest of my exercise done earlier than after Jeopardy today and hopefully get in some reading. Finally finished the last book and moving on to #4 for the month. Definitely making my reading goal of 3-4 books a month, plus more. The same with exercise....I keep saying I will slow down but don't see it happening.

Tata for now, hope everyone is having a wonderful V-Day!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:19 AM   #28  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new here.....just the same stuff different day! Tommy got me a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day. He got the kids messy cookies and some reese peanut butter cup miniatures. My bouquet had four roses in it, with some white daisies and some pink lilies. He told me that he picked that certain bouquet because it had the four roses in it. He then said that there was a rose for Brandon, Logan, Marissa and him.

SuzieQ~ My mom has already warned me now that he is going to be getting the speech therapy for him, that it is the end of him being quiet. In the future, we are going to have to tell him to be quiet all the time! I have been talking with him each day about going to school, and riding the school bus. I find that it helps to get him prepared for things so that they don't seem like a shock when they do happen. I have used this before when we have had a baby sitter come over so that me and Tommy could go out. Or if we took them somewhere new. Just out of curiosity.....why three times when you weigh in? do you then take the middle number of the three for your weigh in?

Cristina~ I love your new avatar! I keep trying to figure out what is jumping, but I am guessing that it is a person! I am hoping that Brandon will react the same way that your Jason did. It will make it so much easier on me! Tommy told me last night that he is hoping that he will be home for Brandon's first day of school, so that way if they need some one to go with him he will have someone with him.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies...Brrrr, we are still cold here. Some snowcover on the ground also. Hate it when it starts to look dirty and slushy.

DH and I went to the riverboat for the day yesterday. Our Vday get away. It was nice and relaxing. Of course, we gambled. No big jackpot though.

Today I am doing laundry and going to clean the kitchen in a minute. DH is walking, but at 30 degrees and windy I said "no way." Gosh, I can find more excuses. Got out my WATP to do this afternoon though.

Life here is not exciting, rather boring actually, but I will take that. Excitement is highly over-rated, especially when you get old and most excitement means a trip to the hospital. Lol

Mom's new meds. are agreeing with her so far. *fingers crossed* She is feeling pretty good. I just had to call my doc. about another mole I spotted. Yikes, I imagine I will be cut on again on Tues. when he can see me.

Okay ladies...carry on. I will try to be back more often.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Just a quickie from me for now...getting ready to meet DIL to be at a wedding store to browse...she was going to look at wedding dresses but wants to lose a little more first. Guess she is going to see what they have for her daughter and son and I don't know who else or what else. Be back to chat later.

Have a good day chickies!