Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #61  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just a quick passing through from me.....

I am probably going to be getting my hair cut either on Wednesday or Thursday.

Cristina~ That is mine and Tommy's song. I heard that song and knew instantly that it explained how I felt for him!

Jane~ that is a cute story about getting some teas bags! Sorry to hear about Neal's back.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #62  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Chicks...

Hi Chicks.

Well I didn't get stuck at work, DH was able to make it and came and got me, it really wasn't that bad, it was slick in a few spots, but nothing like they were making it out to be!! lol. Tonight coming in it was just wet. But we are worried since its so cold (21 Degrees + Wind) that it will all freeze and we're supposed to get freezing rain + snow in the AM. So lets hope for the best!!! lol.

I've been doing ok today so far with eating. Feel so hungry though and I am eating, maybe need to eat more foods with fiber? I had broccoli w/ rice, broccoli has fiber in it right? I dunno I need to find some Calorie Free foods to munch on I suppose. lol.

Well only 8 more hours to go + 13 hours tomorrow night and then I am off....... lol.

Francie -- I am in SW Ohio.

Trish -- that is what I need to do -- get my hair cut.......I hate it that way too.

Cristina -- YW. Aww that is sweet. That is a good song. Now everytime I hear it I am going to think of you guys. lol. DH said that "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts is how he feels about me. I cried when he told me that and listened to it too. I got a Cute Stuffed Lion and that cute little puppy dog from Hallmark that they show on tv that moves and asks for a hug. We don't go out on V-day either, like you said way too crowded. We haven't went out to eat together since my bday last year!! (09/24) With us being on opposite nights and only have one night together, it makes it difficult because usually on that one night together (Thursdays) we are both beat and just wanna veg. lol.

Jane -- Please give Big ((Gentle)) to your DH. I totally can relate, its no fun at all!! Wow!!! I am glad nobody got hurt!!! What a very creative way to get your tea!!! WTG Molly!!!

Big to all, hoping you all are doing well in this crazy weather!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 AM   #63  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...sorry to hear about Neal, hope he gets better soon. You know the story about the ambulances is something I thought of when we had the last ice storm...I told DD that would be horrible to have to try and get someone to the emergency room under those conditions...glad Neal made it safe and sound. Too cute about the tea, lol!

SASSY...I like that song too! I have been meaning to get the CD that it is on. Be careful in this crazy weather! Hey, munch on some celery or carrots, or apple slices...something healthy like that. My thing is bananas...I will have a banana and a glass of water when I feel the need to snack.

HIYA FRANCIE!

Nothing going on, just thought I would check in before heading to bed. Don't want to stay up too late but it was too early for me to go to bed...trying to finish this book that I should have finished two days ago, lol. Nighty ,night!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #64  
a work in progress

Hi ladies...

Just stopping in for a minute tonight. I haven't been posting for a while because things have been really hard. I don't know if I told everyone, but my sister had lung cancer (I think I did mention that), but she lost the fight and died on January 18. We had to go to Idaho during really bad weather for the funeral, and got stranded in Salt Lake because a snowplow went through the tracks over Donner Pass in the Sierras and trains were backed up for hours and we had to buy last minute plane tickets.

Things have been very, very stressful at home, and I haven't been coping too well. My stepdaughter and granddaughter are moving back to AZ this weekend and I'm driving them down there. We plan to stop at Disneyland (halfway) for a couple of days, so hopefully that will be fun and a bright spot.

I'm trying to find an assisted living place for my parents, 76 and 78. The task of getting them out of their home in Montana and out here to California is daunting, to say the least. I'm not even sure how we are going to do this, but they can't take care of themselves anymore, and I'm the only daughter my mom has left -- Linda died in 2005, and now we've lost Pat, too.

Anyway, sorry to dump all this bad new on everyone, just wanted you all to know I'm still here, but why you haven't seen much of me.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 AM   #65  

just a quick one from me again.....

Katiecat~ I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:24 AM   #66  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Morning Chicks!!!

Cristina -- I totally forgot I had brought some pineapple!!! DUH. lol. I dunno how good it is for me though, not sure if its in its own juices or what. (its in a can) DH got it for me. But probably better than the alternative. I love bananas, have to get me some.

Katiecat -- BIG BIG I am so sorry for your loss. My step dad died from Liver Cancer and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through in my life. I also sympathize with getting your parents in an assisted living. I know that can't be easy. My fil's health has really gone downhill and its really hard. If you ever wanna chat or just someone to "listen" PM me and I'll give you my email addy. Don't ever be sorry for sharing your feelings with us, that is what we are here for, support, Mind, Body, Heart and Soul........So you share anything you feel comfortable with sharing.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

Katiecat - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I have 2 younger sisters and although we all live in different states, the thought of losing either of them is overwhelming. You have a lot going on in your life right now and my prayers and thoughts are with you. I also agree with others that we are all here for each other so always feel free to come here for support.

Jane - So sorry about Neal's back. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Cute solution to getting your tea bags. Used to tell my Mama "Where there's a will there's a way" and you found yours. LOL

Up early today... couldn't sleep. Dreary rainy, cool day. But we need the rain so not complaining. Don't think we're going out in it. Lot of you having really bad weaher according to weather channel so y'all stay warm and safe. Try to catch y'all again later.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #68  
GmaTo8

This has to be a quick one. Mary is at work, and I've got the 3 girls, plus Neal to look after.

MaryKate - my heart goes out to you, dear friend. I've lost 2 sisters, too, and know how sad it is. Have fun in Disneyland - Pat would want you to! Is there an agency where your parents live to help with the transition? A call to social services might help. Come back and post when you can.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #69  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies...

MaryKate--
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

Jane--
Too cute about Molly! Big hugs to Neal!

Trish--We've had weather like Spring the last couple days....it's starting to look like that will change though......

Sassy--Good luck to you in your weight loss journey! You can do anything that you put your mind to.

Mindee--So, what is SC3? Don't you just love being able to rent movies??

Ellen--Measurements lost is HUGE!!! So don't beat yourself up and continue what you're doing. It's working, it's just showing in a different way.

Cristina--What a sweetheart you have for a hubby!!

Vann--I love our paintings. One of the paintings is really large...so large that it didn't fit in our car and DH had to run home to grab the truck while I waited!

Jules--Great avatar! He's growing so much already! Poor Terri...I know how she feels going back to work first time after having a baby! It's heartbreaking.

Hello to anyone I have missed!

I'm in a hurry so I better hit the showers and scoot!

You all have a great day.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #70  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, we are FINALLY getting some where! I got a call a little bit ago from the lady that will be Brandon’s speech therapist. She called and told me what school he will be going to, that a bus can come to the house to pick him up, and that we needed to set up a date and time for an IEP. So, we go next Friday, the 22nd at 11:30am for it! I mentioned about getting his hearing tested, and she told me that she can do a limited hearing test on him and if it looks like he needs a more in depth one, then she can give us the information on getting one done. She also told me that she wants to do her own speech evaluation on him since she didn’t do his original one. (She told me that the speech therapist that did his evaluation was really vague on some details. So she was asking me some questions over the phone) She isn’t sure if he will go in the morning or the afternoon. She got one thing that stated he would be in the morning, and then got another thing that stated he would be in the afternoon. She told me that she will find out for sure and will let us know next Friday!

I am really excited because FINALLY we will be getting some where with his talking. But I am also nervous because he is my first one going off to school! I thought I would be extremely freaked out when the time came, but I have to say that I am really at peace with this because I know it will be helping him out A LOT!

Marti~ SC3 is Santa Claus 3. We "rented" it off of On Demand. The kids and Tommy watched it first, and then later on that night I got a chance to sit down and watch it.

Ellen~ Measurements are far better a judge then the scale.....at least to me anyways! Sometimes when the scale gets me down, I pull out the trusty measuring tape and that puts a smile on my face!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #71  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

MINDEE...wow, doesn't seem like it is time for one of the little ones to head off to school already! They sure do grow fast don't they? I too was wondering what SC3 was, lol.

MARYKATE....hugs and prayers to you and yours. You definitely have a lot on your plate right now. Really sorry to hear about your sister. I can only imgaine how you are feeling. Lots of hugs

SASSY...pineapple sounds good, definitely better than the alternative!

MARTI...he is a sweetie and I don't know what I did to deserve him.

JANE...enjoy the grandkids today. Hope Neal is feeling better.

TRISH...this weather has definitely been weird lately. It is supposed to be up to 50 something today but then back down in the 30's tomorrow with a chance of snow and ice tomorrow evening. I've had my fill of it for sure!

JULES...thanks for the comments on mypsace, silly woman! How's that grandbaby doing? I agree too..he is a cutie!

FRANCIE...what book are you reading now? I need to go check in on goodreads, keep forgetting.

HIYA SUE, VANN, TAMMY, ELLEN, and anyone I missed

Nothing much going on with me today. Ran to the store this morning and to get gas while I was there. Did 1/2 my exercise and getting some laundry done.

Have a good day!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #72  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

MINDEE...SO glad you are finally getting answer on Brandon's speech and school. Gosh it seems like such a long time ago that I sent mine off to school. Truthfully...when DS went to college it killed me more than anything. He was my last to leave the roost.

MARYKATE.... My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You have had a lot to contend with lately. Have fun at Disney...a much needed break!

SASSY... I am right there with you gal at starting fresh. I just can not continue on the path I have been on. Our health needs to come first...so let's bite the bullet and do this.

MARTI... You have certainly been busy. I love those Artist sales. I have several oil paintings, but got them years ago at a party type sale. Luckily I was able to use them in this house too. Are yours scenic, abstract, or what is your taste?

JANE... So sorry to hear about Neal's back. I hope he is improving. I got quite a chuckle out of the tea bag story. Since I am hooked on tea all year round I would have done anything for the tea bags too. Need wins out...and we find just how clever we are. LOL (and what a smart dog) Belated congrats to Katie and Clint. Seems funny to have a SIL doesn't it? My first one was many years ago, but I still remember how strange it felt to say my DD was a wife.

TRISH... Stay indoors and keep warm. I am learning why I dis-like winter. Boy, are we sorry we sold our Winter home. I bet we go somewhere next year if Mom is able. DH is not a happy camper with this snow.

JULES...
I was so sorry to hear of the mess Dave got himself into. I know Teri is (understandably) upset about it. I will keep the good thoughts for them. They will get through this. I know you are lovin' on that grandbaby every chance you get. He is a doll.

Vann... I read what you said in an earlier post about being in control of so much of your life...I feel the same...and then this weight issue I can not get a handle on. It is so hard and here I am approaching 60. I know that will make it harder as every year goes by. I think I need the book/books on positive thinking. Anyway, it is nice to see you back here and maybe we can all slay these demons together.

Cristina... You, missy, seem to have the handle on the exercising. Way to go! I know that is what I HAVE to do. Cute about your future "grands" and I know they are loving you so much. I agree that your DH is a sweetie. My DH doesn't often get "mushy", but on our anniversary he gave me such a nice card and said he finally found a card that said exactly what he wanted to say. It was special...and yes, I kept the card. LOL

Oh darn...I just realized I need to scoot and finish preparing dinner.

I will be back later for PART II...
Old 02-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #73  

Trish~I bet you are loving the new 'do!!! I know what you mean about doing a load of laundry everyday...I came from a big family, and we usually did three everyday, I am not up to that yet..Thankfully!

Martie~it has been so cold here, I know what you mean about staying in bed. even during the day I am wrapping myself up in a blanket! Thanks for the encouragement...I had meant to measure for a few days, but of course I never did, so after my rant I decided why not now??? So is life!

Cristina~what a sweetie your hubby is! It is so nice when they do stuff like that all on their own. I am on my 6th book for the year, second for the month, but I need to get it finished...due back at the library on Friday...wondering what to read next...looked into Pray love Eat, but several ppl have it on hold for now so I will have to wait!

Jane~sorry about neal's back, hope he feels better soon. It is amazing the weather we are getting, no ice up here, but plenty of snow. Glad you only had to go thru a little trouble to get your Tea!!!LOL

Katiecat~Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your sis...will keep your family in my prayers.

Sassy~I know I feel hungrier when I cut down on protien...make sure you get enough fiber and Protien, drinking water can help too. Enjoy your weekend!!!!

MIndee~so glad you are finally getting the info you need about Brandon! I hope it all works out for him.

Sue~can I join you for dinner??? LOL

Francie~hope your internet connection is better. Hey, I just realized that my hubby's birthday is Thursday too!!! He will be 34!!! No big plans, unfortunately my sis and Brother have to work, so we have no sitter for the kiddies. I am trying to convince him to go out this weekend! Maybe to see a movie??? hmmm I will have to look to see what is playing!

I really don't have much going on, I think that I am recouperating from last week! I did make it to the gym today, but will have to go tomorrow too! Dh is working his weekly evening shift, so nothing going on here. May try to get some yoga in for relaxation after the kids go to bed. Well, have to pop a pizza in the oven for the kids...and still hang up some clothes.

Later chicas!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #74  
I can dream, can't I?

I'm back....Chili for dinner and it was good. Our weather has been cold and now slushy. Mom and I had to go to town today for errands and then to Wal Mart. Nothing major going on for us.
Mom got new meds. on Mon. from the new Dr. He is treating her for nerve damage and it seems to be taking affect some already. Let's hope. She did feel well today and we had a few laughs.

As I said in the earlier post, I am so ready to get going on this weight AGAIN. I hit the low point yesterday...and realized I can't keep blaming stress. (Oh, I still have the stress, but I can't make it the culprit.) Just need to work on the will power...and stop snacking. I plan the meals and do well, then snack all evening. I am going to cut down on the meal calories and plan for the munchies....see if that helps. I will eat 5 times a day again, which worked before. Most of all I am soooooo ready to get outside walking and biking again. Lousy weather!

Ellen.... Wasn't skipping you before, just had to run. You are doing good on going to the gym. Hey, any day is better than none. I have a friend with several pieces of equipment in her garage. I just told her to call me and I will come work out with her. She had said she hates to work out alone. Heck, she is only 5 minutes away and it would be fun!

Francie...Wow, fun to find all those clothes when you were cleaning. I've never been that lucky. All I find are bunnies...dust bunnies.

Tammy....I am sorry to hear about your Mom's illness. I have had a long year with my Mom being ill also. It is stressful. I hope you are able to make all the decisions you have to. I would love a personal trainer. That is so cool.

Tomorrow DH and I are going to the riverboat for the day. A nice get-away. We wanted to spend the night, but they were booked up by the time we decided.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day everyone and kiss your sweeties.
Sorry if I missed anyone, shout at me and I will promise not to miss you next time.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:14 AM   #75  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just checking my email, and then shoving off to bed! I have been going to bed earlier and earlier.....in a way it is helping me ease into an easier sleeping pattern.....which I will need to get into for when Brandon goes to school! we don't know if he will be in the morning or afternoon class until next week!

Cristina~ I can't believe it is time either! But I am sure that I will manage to do it without too many tears! I just hope that he will be okay and won't cry on the way to school since he will be riding the bus by himself.

Sue~ Like I mentioned to Cristina, I am hoping that this situation doesn't lead to a crying fest out in front of our place when he does get on the bus to go to school! we went to pick out his back pack and he was really excited about it! we found him one, but it wasn't really meant for a little kid like him....so we are still looking for one!

Ellen~ How are you doing?

hello to all that I missed! I am sure that you are all busy with your busy Valentine's Day plans!
Closed Thread