Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

ELLEN...so what color are you painting? Hopefully, you can get all you want to get done today done! Hey, painting and taking wallpaper down IS a workout!

MINDEE...such a nice surprise...your momma will love the visit from you guys! How far are you guys from her? Sorry, if you mentioned it before, I can't remember things, lol.

JANE...hopefully, you guys didn't get the tornadoes...just saw and heard that this morning. We woke up to thunderstorms yesterday which was weird because the snow was supposed to be here...it came later and thank goodness it is melting away!

FRANCIE...I know what you mean about MTV and VH1...I remember when MTV actually showed music, lol! I swear it seems like all that's on is reality shows anymore...where's the music?! DD and I were talking about the rap music and how awful it is now...no good stuff. Sorry you are missing DH.

HIYA SASSY, JULES, SUE, VANN, TAMMY, TRISH, MARTI and everyone else!

Just getting laundry done today...feeling to icky to do anything else.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Gurls

Hi Ladies.

Still a grey day here. Very windy and colder too......
We went to pick up our car from the dealer, it had an oil change done and when I was leaving to come to work, I was very close to being in an accident. This dude zips out in front of me, I am so thankful that I have good breaks!!!

Then get to work, have a "nice" little email from my boss that my drs note was not good enough, I need another one. He wants one with dates, where I can understand that, I have seen that he lets others get away with less -- like no note at all and he is also not letting me use my "floating holiday" from MLK day for yesterday, so that means I won't get paid for yesterday.......and again he has let his "Favorites" do it....But anyways...........

Mindee -- thanks I think its only supposed to get colder here, with a chance of snow on the weekend.......crazy weather. lol. on the new van!! I maintain my mom's myspace site for her, she has no clue nor any patience for it, so she lets me do it. lol.

Cristina -- yeah I am not sure what my boss is up too, if its him, I guess it could be mandated from the co. Have to ask other co-workers who have different bosses if they got one too.

Ellen -- I like your idea about the job survey. I am going to just put it off until he says I have to fill it out then I can ask why. lol.

Jane -- TY for the idea and if I had a "normal" boss, I'd say that would be a great idea, but my boss is not normal. He plays favorites and lets just say I am definitely not one of them. If I told him the truth, he'd find a way to get back at me for it, that is how he is. So I try to not "ruffle any feathers" so my work life is a bit easier.

Needless to say I defintely have to get out of here. I am thinking about even going to work at a grocery store or something to get the heck out of here. I am just so tired of all the BS. We all keep hoping that it will all catch up with our boss, but it seems like he can do whatever he pleases without any negative consequences. I just don't know how much longer I can take it. My time limit has already expired to the amount of time I gave for changes to be made, but I keep hoping that things will change, ya know??? UGH..........Anyways, sorry to vent, just frustrated, as usual..........

So sorry that I always complain about my job, I am working on finding something else though, because this isn't healthy, to be so miserable all the time. I'd rather be making minimum wage if it meant I was happier.......Thanks so much for all your kind words and support.......

Well all I have "bigger fish to fry" now. My boss called me stating I need to have my dr fill out the FMLA form or basically I am sc**wed. I am sure my dr will do it for me, but he also stated he went to HR about it and that is what they suggested. I can't really get mad over it because its all correct because of how my co. is on attendance and all, so I have to do what I have to do.

I am not even worrying now about the stupid survey. I may not need it if I don't work here anymore!!! lol. I am surprised that my boss did not make me leave because technically my drs note did not say when I could return to work, so I think that is a big no-no, but at least I am getting paid, so that is all I care about right now.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-06-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. I did have a very productive Wednesday! I called about a local book program where they come to the house with books and activities for the kids (like the nutrition program) and it is to help get them ready for school. Right now it is just set up for single parents, but they have put paperwork in to make it for couples with kids as well. So, I have to call back in June. Brandon goes on Friday at 11am for his speech evaluation! I am so excited about that because then we can finally see where things stand, and then take the next step.

Francie~ That is how I am.....I can't sleep unless Tommy is in bed with me. But I find that since he leaves for work, and I can stretch out in bed without having to push him over to make more room!

Ellen~ Did you get every thing done that you wanted to? My next BIG project that I want to do is to go through all four tubs of the kids toys and get rid of the ones that they don't play with anymore. Their pediatrician's office is taken donations of toys, so we might take them there. But I was just thinking that if we take them there and they see them then they are going to want to take them home. So, maybe donating them to Salvation Army or something like that would be a better idea! How are you feeling?

Jane~ Actually, you are the third person to ask me about getting my license. I have always been razzed about not having one, and I have really been thinking about it, so I am sure that I will get it. As far as Tommy taking the kids for a while without me near by.......he doesn't have the patience for it! He is like his dad.......he has no patience what so ever for pretty much anything. BUT he is getting better with it. Have they set a date for getting married, and then surprising you guys?

Cristina~ They live two hours away from us! No problem for asking again....I have had many days like that! In fact, I have been asking my friend from school about things with her new boyfriend the past couple of days, and she told me about a month ago about him!

Sassy~ How are you doing? I hope the weather breaks soon! I hate the cloudy greyness that has been around us too! And it seems like we are just going to be getting more chances for snow in the days to come!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #19  
ugggg.....

Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA. I don't know where to begin. Today is hubby's birthday and we are suppossed to go out. There are some old mineral spring baths in a little town close by--George Washington visited there...impressive huh..then he wants to go get pizza at the little place we found on our way home from the motorcycle show.

Work is busy as usual, the new girl(who just turned 59 on Monday!) is picking up speed on the entry. I have always said that the job takes a good 6 months to get comfortable with. Another of the ladies has tendonitis in her right elbow. I am hoping she heals fast--she really likes the therapist she is going to.

Weight/diet wise--I am not losing but I guess on the bright side--I am not gaining. I have to do something--I don't like where I am. The antibiotic did kick the cold out of me so I am feeling better. Just still really tired from whatever it was I had.

Ryan is not moving to Eugene in April. His friend is getting married and it looks like they will be coming back here. His other friend is moving to Portland in the summer and said Ry could move with him. Truthfully I can see him getting along better with Adam than David. Ryan has grown so much since he and David were friends and Adam is more into the creative writing and has the same philosophical views that Ry does.

Dominic is sick--he has a little cold and a slight ear infection. We took him up to Becky's since she will watch him some when Teri goes back to work. little Henry was getting over his cold but must have had enough to give it to the baby. He is doing better and is suprisingly not fussy. He does want to be held alot.

Teri is heartbroken. Dave went out about a week ago and was suppossed to be at his friends house. Another friend came by and he went to the bar and got really drunk. When the first friend came back to pick him up at the bar, the car stopped and Dave decided to get into the drivers seat and see if he could get it started (turns out the transmission went out and it wasn't going anywhere) The police pulled up at that time and Dave got arrested for DUI, unfortunately he was on probation from a previous charge which would have been finished next month so this was a violation. He went to his probation officer yesterday and was taken to jail. They find out in 10 days how long he will have to stay in. Needless to say Teri is devastated. Dave has been getting better in alot of areas, its just apparent that he can't drink. He does help with the baby so much. Thats the one thing that makes me not dislike him completely. Teri is going to spend the weekend here with us--Dave wants her to stay with his parents but she just doesn't feel comfortable there. I feel bad for her, but there are things about Dave I have never liked and those things change briefly but he always reverts back to them. I am trying to keep quiet but a big part of me hopes that she will see that she could do so much better. She's so much smarter than to pick the guys she does. I can't figure it out.

Well that's my stressful life...sorry to write a book.

Last edited by jules1216; 02-08-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

OK ladies...what a day! So tired this morning. We did get the girls room painted, and about 2/3's of the wall paper down. Today we have to put the girls room back together, and finish the wallpaper in DS room. Also would like to paint his room as well. Oh, I do have to paint the girl's closet, but that shouldn't take too long. Well, I know DH wants to get started early, so I am off...becuse of the housework, I probably won't make it to the gym again this week... Oh well..see you ladies later!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #21  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Cristina - hope you're feeling better today. Don't yout think there's been an unusually large amount of sickness this winter? Seems like everyone I know was sick, is sick, or is getting sick. Hurry up, Spring!

Sassy - yep, I hope you find a new job. I used to have a boss that played favorites with the "party" girls. Ugh! Since he owned the place, I had no one to complain to.

Mindee - the book program sounds great! We have a program called Head Start around here for preschoolers, to get them ready for Kindergarten. Not sure if it's a national thing or not. I sure do hope you get your license. You'll never be sorry that you did.

Jules - so good to hear from you! I've been wondering how things are going. Yes, it's hard to keep our opinions to ourselves about some things, isn't it? I do real well with staying out of Mary and Dale's business, but sometimes it's very hard! Neal has heard me rant about Dale many, many times, lol. I have to admit the guy is finally growing up.

Ellen - I'd say painting and wallpapering is some pretty good exercise. Share some photos of the rooms when they're done, if you want.

The carpet cleaner guy has been here and gone. Thankfully, it will be dry in a couple of hours and I can (ok, Neal can) get the furniture moved back in. My knee is still messed up, and I don't want to twist it.

I'm doing well with the food, still, and pray everyday that I continue down this path. Although I haven't lost much yet, I feel a lot better.

Have a good one!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Quicky here ladies...

Feeling icky (still!!) and just haven't had the energy to get online and post.

I'm hoping I can spend some time this weekend and catch up.

I better get ready for work.......dragging my feet!

Hugs to you all.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick run by here JL's to say "Hello" I think I got whatever DH had and didn't make it to the beauty shop yesterday. Had to change the oppointment to next Tuesday afternoon.

Jules - good to hear from you. I agree with Jane it is difficult to keep quiet some times. You are doing good. Hope th baby gets to feeling better and you get your strength back.

Sassy - Sorry about the mess going on with your job. Hope you can find a new one soon.

Ellen - I do believe you are getting your exercise with all that painting and wallpapering your doing.

Jane - So sorry to hear about your knee. Do be careful and take it easy. I am not sure my my upset stomach a virus or taking so much Advil for my knee. I only took 2 at night, but it could have finally caught up with me. Laying off of it for a few days to see. Hope your knee is better soon.

Mindee - I think I read where you asked about the ph diet. I didn't do it. It is mostly raw veggies mostly vegan. I'm not interested in doing all that work. I did all the juicing and stuff like that years ago. I did lose weight and felt good, but I'm trying to find ways to stay out of the kitchen not get me into all the time doing all that juicing and then cleaning up a juicer is just more than I want to do. I think eating my steamed veggies and eating fruit instead of drinking it is just as healthy. Just MHO. I'm still reading the IE book and using combo of healthy eating. Right now not losing or gaining which is not bad. Main thing I don't want to do is go back to stuffed full feeling. I want to learn to eat till satisfied. Lost weight real easy doing that one time. Lucky for me DH is not a big eater. We don't necessarily have to eat the same thing at the same time. He eats when he is hungry and I am learning to do the same... not by the clock.

Cristina, Marti, Francie, Vann, Sue and anyone else I missed - I hope you are all doing well.

Y'all all have a great day!!!

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 02-07-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #24  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quickie ladies, sorry.

Feeling bad today, and really grouchy!

HUGS JULES & MARTI!

Will chat more tomorrow. Have a good day!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #25  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....I am just really anxious/excited/nervous about Brandon's evaluation. On one hand I want to know if there is something wrong and then we can make a plan, but on the other hand I am nervous that there is something that could have been prevented in any way. (I am sure that this is all not necessary, but a mom's mind goes there when something is wrong with her child)

I am also contemplating getting my hair cut shorter then what it is now. I am thinking of going either chin length or a little shorter. more then likely, it will be chin length with a face frame around the face (doh! maybe that is why it is called "face framing?")

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! Sorry to hear that Dominic is sick and that Teri is heartbroken. I am sure that I will have plenty of heart broken youngsters in my future......but as a mom, you want to help either take the pain away or prevent it. (did that make sense?)

Jane~ I am sure that I won't regret it. I just regret that I didn't finish out the graduated program back when I was 18. I had my permit and all it took was almost making a 7-11 a drive thru and the reaction I got from Tommy since he was in the passenger seat at the time.

Ellen~ You are one productive woman! Although, I want to say that all the work with painting/moving furniture and all that goes down as exercise!

Marti~ I hope you feel better soon!

Trish~ Yup that was me that asked about the ph diet. I agree with you 100% on the eating until satisfied. I have just since Monday figured out how to do that.....as well as eating three meals and two snacks...and drinking my water! And by doing so, I have already lost 3 pounds since I weighed in on early Sunday. So, I am doing something right!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #26  
ugggg.....

Mindee-I really am beginning to believe that the heartache you feel when you watch you kids go through something is worse than anything you go through yourself!! I did a really short hair cut and now am growing it out more like it was before. What's the ph diet??

Cristina--hope you get to feeling better

Trish--I am glad that I am finally feeling better. Now we just have to get Dominic better. I am doing my best to keep quiet. It's always easier from the outside looking in to know what to do.

Marti--hope you are feeling better soon.

Jane--The waiting is killing Teri--the lawyer thinks that he can get his off of the DUI since several people saw hin get in the passenger side of the car when he left the bar and his friends statement to the police that night said Dave only got in the drivers seat to try to restart the car and get it off the road. The police had to actually help push it to get it to the side of the road. The thing that may do him in is that he was on probation which would have been finished in June and he is not to drink or go to bars. That could cost him a year.

Ellen-what colors are you painting??

I am off to play with the baby so Teri can sleep...
Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Morning gals...Like some of the rest of you I have been feeling grumpy. Now, I am also battling sinus pain and headache. On top of a week or two of down right depression. It's h**l, I tell ya.

Today I am doing a couple loads of laundry and not much else. DH even went to the grocery for me. He said I look like I feel miserable. Thanks alot! But, I really do, so how can I complain?
I have been doing a whole lot of nothing except reading and being lazy.

Yesterday I did take Mom to pick up some x-rays for her Mon. appt. We stopped for a few things at Wally World and to eat at Bob Evans. We both brought half of our lunch home and ate it for dinner as DH was gone for the day. I think I will have to cook tonight...but will see what DH brings home.

Otherwise, I talked to all 3 of my "brats" several times this week and everyone is well. DS has just 6 more hours and law school will be finished. Whew! A light at the end of the 5 year tunnel. DD in CA has a job interview this morn. and DD here is working on post prom for DGD and also busy with her church activities. I am baking 10 dozen cookies for her church tomorrow. Gads...I hope I feel better.

Mom has had a good week with no nausea, just still the constant pain. Hopefully we can get that addressed Mon. Her arm healed nicely from her fall last week.

So, other than ME, everyone is perking right along. And I will be doing the same here in a day or two. I just got the gray, winter doldrums and then this sinus thing whacked me. We haven't been here in the winter for so long that I forgot how depressing it all is.

Okay...I have rambled enough and my dryer is almost finished, so I better scoot. I will do indies as soon as I can.

Chin up everyone..."this too shall pass."
Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Just a quick one....

Katie and Clint eloped today! More details later.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #29  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi Chicks

Hi Chicks

Well I slept mostly out in my recliner.........I was sleeping good too until someone's baby started crying. I guess they are correct when they say that women have that ability to hear crying babies and wake up, because I surely did and I was sound asleep! lol.Then I went to lie down in bed and someone kept banging a door, I was like, "forget it". lol.

DH said our boss was at work when he got there tonight. He signed the FMLA papers that I left for him and gave them to DH to hang on too until our Dr. gets his portion of it signed, DH called them and they said they have just been so swamped that they haven't gotten to them yet, DH told our boss and he was ok with it. I guess my boss is trying to look like "the hero" and like he is saving me by having me do this FMLA thing. Maybe he is, but I seriously doubt it, I guess he could have good intentions, but I just do not trust the little weasel!!! lol.

Jane -- First of all to Katie and Clint!!! Yes I am definitely looking into a new job. I think that will help me tremendously. I just wish the little weasel would finally get his..........lol

Trish -- Thanks......

Hi Cristina Bye Cristina lol.

Mindee -- Ya know it was almost 50 degrees today and I did see the sun out, briefly before I went to bed. lol. And kids were outside roller blading with no coats on, so it couldn't have been too cold.

Sue -- I hope things look up for ya. Glad your mom is doing better. I think I have the winter blahs too.

Hello to everybody else out there!!!

Well I again wanna say thanks, you all have once again made me feel much, much better.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #30  

OK ladies!!! We have been on a roll!!!The girls room is all done...I still have to go thru toys, but everything else is back in place!! Ben's roon is done too, and I will try to get the toys done this weekend. We got the wallpaper down off the hallway, so since we have the paint we are going to paint that tomorrow...I did get one load of laundry done, and my dishwasher is empty, so all I have to do is load it. I can't believe we got so much done...even when we plan on it things always get in the way, so I am happy that it is finally done!

Cristina~The girls have light pink and Violet, and Ben's room is a gray blue, the hallway will be blue on the bottom and white on the top ( molding halfway down). Hope you are feeling better!

Mindee~How did the speech evaluation go??? DId you get the results today, or do you have to wait for them??? As I said, I have to go thru toys too...I usually donate them to goodwill, and they never miss anything so it is a win/ win! I got my hair cut recently, and it is between my ears and chin...I love it!!!! soo much easier to take care of!

Jules~I hope you had fun with DH at the mineral baths!!! So sorry to hear of Terri's troubles, will keep her in my prayers. Hope Dominic is doing better, there are several things going around.

Jane~Congrats!!!!! So fun!!! Is your knee feeling any better??? Keep up some light exercise and it will help.

Martie~

Trish~I know I Am getting some exercise...I can actually feel it in my waist from all the bending...LOL

Sue~Do you want to help me catch up onmy laundry???I am so behind because of all the painting...I will have to spend a few days and get caught up.

Sassy~If you are going to be out for a while the FMLA is good. I hope things get better at work, or hope you can find a new one soon. It was warm today too, I went out this afternoon with no coat, and short sleeves. I will enjoy it for another day, but then we are supposed to drop down to the single digits again early next week. Here's hoping that DH gets transfered someplace warm!

Gonna go watch some TV with DH, have a good weekend!!!
Closed Thread