Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #16  

Daily crunches , Day 16 done (0 pauses left)
30 min exercise, Day 17 done( 1 pause left)
No Beer, Day 13 (1 pause left)

HEY! It's great to hear from everyone!
No time to chat today!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #17  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Apple
Nice to hear from you

Aimin
Thank you Really nice to see you back. Missed you. I wish when I looked in the mirror I could see how the weight is coming off. I really don't look much different than I did when I started. Only time I really see a difference is when I lay in bed and lift my legs up into the air. Then I can see a difference in my thighs

Day 14
All challenges met

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-05-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #18  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Ah...well....still didn't get off the launch pad. The madness continues at work. Still, excuses, excuses, rationalization etc. I DID drink my vegetable juice and prepare for a huge salad at lunch...just never got to it. Anyhow, can't call it a start to my challenge, so I'm trying again today.

Apple -- Looks like you're back on track. Not far to go with two of them. You'll have the brew one knocked flat in no time too!

shelby -- As you can see, starting is often the hardest part, before the momentum picks up and before people are used to their challenges. In the beginning it's even easy to just plain forget to do them. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck.

aimin -- Good to see you back. What's your challenge?

dj -- Glad you found us!!

Shy -- Great going on the walking!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #19  

I think I get some kind of mental issue when I join a challenge, I've been doing great for a week and then jumped in here and fell off the wagon on my head!! Thanks for letting me in, but I think I'm going to back out and do what was working for me!! Good luck to all of you!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #20  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

WHERE THE HECK HAVE I BEEN! Omg I haven't posted since the 1st!

So here I am as of today!

I guess yesterday was day 21 of my daily exercise! woohoo! lol I finished that with one pause left. I think I will wait and re-start that one next week as I am going away this weekend and not sure if I will get in exercise.

Staying with calories, 3 pauses - day 9
Drinking min 4L water, 2 pauses - day 9

Last edited by sotypical; 02-06-2008 at 12:32 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #21  

Daily crunches , Day 17 done (0 pauses left)
30 min exercise, Day 18 done( 1 pause left)
No Beer, Day 14 (1 pause left)

Wow, I'm getting excited. I might actually finish some challenges!
I even passed on a beer last night, which was hard, because we hadfor dinner and beer is perfect with

Great job, sotyp! For finishing your exercise challenge!!

Shy, you are doing great!

Red, once you get off the ground, you'll get it going again. All you need is a big gust of air!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #22  
Rennie

Apple
Looks like you are doing great. You don't have to censer food lol there isn't anything we can't have. We just have to watch portion sizes lol.

sotypical
That is so great CONGRATS.

Day 17
All Challenges met

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-06-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 6 - exercise - 2 pauses left
day 6 - calories - 2 pauses left
day 7 - water - 3 pauses left

Apple - You're doing great! Good job passing up that beer with the

sotypical - and even a pause left!

Red - Sorry it's been rough again, but glad you're still working at it!

aimin - Glad you came back to us!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:42 AM   #24  
Never give up

We have liftoff! Day 1 is done!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #25  
Never give up

Day 2 is in the bag too!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #26  

Daily crunches , Day 18 done (0 pauses left)
30 min exercise, Day 19 done( 1 pause left)
No Beer, Day 15 (1 pause left)

Way to go Red!!

Hello everyone!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #27  
Never give up

Ok, starting out on Day 3 here. Making time for a post. Hope my strength is returning. After being knocked flat for a week last week, this week and getting back to work has been hard. And, the problems there seemed to have been on the increase from the start of the week. Being a manager is really thankless and there seems to be no end to the problems. In fact, that is all managing seems to be about when you're in a failing company. Newspapers may be doomed thanks to the Internet. Sigh.

Apple -- Thanks. You said I could do it and I DID! And look at you! You are almost finished on two challenges. Yes, yes, yes, you can do it!!

dj -- Thanks. I did get going, just didn't post much except to say that I'd done it. Unfortunately, we lost shelby (shelby, come back! ) and I very much understand her feelings. I can be the same, but as the starter and organizer (term?) of this thread I am obligated to hang around, even though at times my presence can be scarce. It's often in those times that any thought of a challenge will set me off eating junk, so I lie low till I have the strength to try again, like now!

Shy -- You're doing well as usual! Actually, posters here ARE asked to censor food out. It's in the guidelines in the beginning. Oldtimers like Apple were here when we had people who would go on about the glory of their binges and I asked them (not Apple or dj, others) to stop in consideration of those who come here to get away from those obstacles and for whom even the mention can set off a binge. Yeah, yeah, they have to deal with life, but until they can, we try to help them. So, I'm very happy to see when people follow the guidelines. Of course, some people are using the censor smilies when it isn't necessary and even when they'd be the last ones to go on and on about the wonders of certain foods, foods that people binge on. But, that's OK, it keeps others thinking about the possible effects of their words on others much different from them. I really appreciate that show of consideration. Remember, Shy, not everyone has your apparent discipline. That's why they're here. Some people are trying to lose in the area of 300 lbs, so I ask for consideration for all needs and possible needs, and some of those needs are not the needs of others of us. You say we can have anything, we just have to "watch." But, but, but, let me tell you, how I can "watch" the quantities snowball so huge you wouldn't believe it. Oh, it makes for interesting scenes all right, but nothing I'm happy about the next day and certainly nothing that is helping the weight loss!

typical -- Belated congratulations on completing your challenge!! Glad to have you here, even if your posting can be rare. I'm not one to talk!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-07-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #28  
Rennie

Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me ( something I am not allowed to say ) because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

Sure glad I made my exercise challenge according to what my knee and or hip would do lol.

Red
Maybe you should think about getting a job that you do as you are told instead of doing the telling. Heck from my experience, I never made that much more to have to run the show than I did when I just did what I was told.

Apple
Really nice going. You are doing so well. Nice going giving up that beer.

Dj
You are moving right along. You should be proud of yourself.

Day 18
All Challenges met
Old 02-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #29  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 7 - exercise - 1 pauses left
day 8 - calories - 2 pauses left
day 9 - water - 3 pauses left

Another quick catch up here. I did take another pause on the exercise. Had one of "those" days the other day which left me no time to get my workout in.

Shy - Glad to hear you're ok! Yes, stay away from that jumping and sprinting for a while. And going off plan one time after your accident is excusable!

Gotta run once again. I'll try to catch up with you all over the weekend!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #30  

Daily crunches , Day 19 done (0 pauses left)
30 min exercise, Day 20 done( 1 pause left)
No Beer, Day 16 (1 pause left)

My 3 yr old is being very demanding today. As soon as I sat down at the computer he had many needs.
So just a quick hello to everyone!
Shy, I hope you are feeling better!