Old 02-12-2008, 12:56 PM   #76  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, that's my next goal----onederland. I can't wait. I'm down another pound today. I am getting so excited. I will take a picture of the scale when it reads 199 and will post for all to see.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Christy- glad I motivated you!! I totally understand the time thing I have3 little girls and am in school and I find it all very time consuming!! I mean making lunches takes me a good 45 min!
I'm also doing a kind of low carb portion control thing and I eat a chocolate a day but nothing like a snickers. Just plain milk chocolate with peanut butter usually.

What type of work do you do? Could you arrange soem type of workout program over your lunch hour?

Julie: Awesome job on the workout!!

TK amazing breaking through the plateau!! Does grapefruit really work? What about tangelos? i just bought a whoel box of them!!

Inagroove: How did the weigh in go today?
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #78  
Trying it again....

tangeloes, I don't know. I know that grapefruit has a chemical in it that helps lose weight. I eat it all the time and yes, it does help. Not like a dramatic difference but it does help. I think it helps with the metabolism or something like that. I've learned to love grapefruit. I've heard that the bitter fruits are the ones that help to lose the weight. The sweeter ones are the ones that have the fattier sugars in them.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #79  

well tangelos are a cross between grapefruit and mandarins and they are tart. I guess I"ll eat them and see what happens!!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:36 AM   #80  
Trying it again....

I think I was once told that the bitter fruits are the ones that help lose weight. They don't have the sugars in it that cause you to gain the weight. Try looking it up online or something or maybe there's a thread around here somewhere explaining the fruits that'll help lose the weight. I've never had a tangelo before but my bf(best friend) loves them.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 160/145/125

Height: 5ft.3in

hey 2beautiful... for the moment I am a child care provider, so I don't get a lunch break, but if I can make it another two years I am going to get on with the county schools, but I have to wait until baby girl goes to school. I am thinking about a piece of exercise equipment. I had a treadmill; it was to boring for me, maybe an exercise bike or something (I liked riding a bike when I was young).... I am trying a low carb, portio control thing too. I also started weighing in each morning.. down another pound this morning.
Thanks for the advice.............Christy
racerwife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #82  
Trying it again....

2beautiful-have you tried the recipe yet? it's alot of work to make it but so much fun to work with. you try different flavorings. and if you use the candy flavorings for it, you use very little as the flavoring is very very strong.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #83  

TK- I will do some research on the tangelos when i have soem spare time! I am so busy these days! I also haven't made the fondant. Hopefully in macrh I will but I"m not sure. I have 3 major event sin march to bake for etc. So I have to see how my time goes.

Chrsty- Do you take care of the kids in yoru home? Do they nap at all?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #84  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!

Well, my baby had an appointment yesterday to have her first injections so I decided to be all energetic and walk there with her in the sling. It's about 1.5 miles and took me about half an hour but when I got there my feet were absolutely killing me, so after it was all over I got the bus back.

But when I looked at my feet I had these weird callous things on the balls of my feet, but there was blood under the skin. So it looks like a cross between a callous and a blood blister on both feet - well over a cm in diameter!

So I have no idea what I did to my feet - I've walked farther distances than that with no trouble at all.

But they're really sore. I can walk about the house but I can't do my DVD as that calls for jumping and hopping and jogging etc.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 143/137/125

Sorry Robsia that your feet are the cause of delay. I think our bodies cause themselves injury just when we get in the grove of things. :-P Glad you are in an area where you *can* get a bus home!

Weighing in daily... is it a good thing? I don't know... it's interesting to see how my body reacts to things. I decided that snow shoveling causes quick muscle growth... as I've gained 1/2 pound each day I've done it! I need to take a tape measure and watch that instead of simply looking at the scale.

I've been using my elliptical every day since the start of Lent for at least 1/2 mile... I try to do 1/2 mile in the morning and 1/2 mile in the evening, plus 1/2 mile on the treadmill... but with the kids off for snow for two days I didn't get the entire amount in... but I did shovel snow and walk a mile each day.

Focus on the goal... not the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!! :-D
Aquahaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #86  

julie- I'm sorry about your feet!! What kind of shoes were you wearing?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:57 AM   #87  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I was wearing my boots which had fit like foot gloves until then. But I'd never walked any distance in them.

Anyway, they're getting better now. They still look bad, but don't hurt any more.

So, I will be doing my DVD again on Monday.

How is everyone else doing?
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #88  

Sorry about your feet, did you do an epsom salt soak? It will work wonders!!!
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #89  

okay I have a TOM question. TOM arrived today and my weight also went up...is this normal? Does weight go up when TOM arrives or a few days b4 or is everyone diferent?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Hello ladies! Is there room for one more?

My name is Elisa and I'm also working on getting my sexy back! Baby #2 is now 21 months old so it's more toddler weight than baby weight and unfortunately there's a lot of it! But DH promised me a shopping spree once I hit my goal weight and now that we live in NY that's a very strong motivation So I created a shopping-inspired ticker to remind me of the reward

I'm a firm believer in regular detox for health and weight loss purposes, and I find it gets me back on track - so I'm starting the 11-day Fast Track Detox today. I've done it before and had great results. I also believe in exercise as a vital tool for weight loss, together with good nutrition (I prefer not to use the word diet), so I will also be exercising a bit during the next 11 days, mainly rebounding, yoga and walking.

It's so great to find a support group where I feel I can fit in! Thank you Robsia for creating this thread!
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote