Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #36

to Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies! how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end.....just waiting for Tommy to get home. then we will relax for about 10 minutes (if we are lucky) and then packing up every one to go get our taxes done!

Cristina~ Well, I have to wait until he gets home since right now we only have the one cell phone. So, I am hoping that they called it to remind us of the appointment and he called them back/talked to them about changing it. If I remember correctly, they are only open until noon on Friday....so hopefully they have an opening! That is how it always is! I make an appointment for me or the kids, and they have miraculously made a quick recovery! How did the appointment go anyways?

SuzieQ~ I hope you can get into the dentist for your tooth! I am not exactly sure what this job is....let me see if he still has his papers here telling him what he will be doing. Oh wait....I remember now! He is going to be running a machine, taking over for the operator before him and running the machines. What he is working on is beyond me....I remember reading something about trimming parts.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #3  
RosieKate

Hi all -just checking in here...
Cristina - did you see the doc for your back..hope you are feeling better.

Mindee - congrats on Tommy's new job...sounds great! Hope the little ones get and stay healthy...

Susan...saw you at the pool but didn't catch your eye...sorry I didn't get over to say hello. my dd is kind of the little problem child in her group...very easily distracted and has to be reminded to listen. I had to ask her to stop hugging the other kids in the pool (!)

Hi Jules, Sassy, Sue and anyone else reading this.

I made it to the Dance, Dance, Dance class at the gym this morning and it felt great to work up a good sweat. Ate much better today, so I feel like I'm getting myself back on track.

Have a nice evening, everyone

Old 01-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all.

My fil is having some health issues, its been on going for a while now, but once again its turned its ugly head. I won't go into everything, but he isn't going to be able to do much of anything for 4-6 months at the very least. He was talking to DH about possibly getting a 2nd mortgage and adding on to their house so we could move in, then we could help out around the house and also with finances, etc. So that is probably what will happen, nothing is definate of course, but like I told DH I don't think they have a choice, I think its a have-to thing. And if we do that, my mom can move in too (if that is alright with my in-laws and her) and she can help out too. But we shall see, as I said, nothing is definite.

So I just have to get through tonight and I'm off my normal time. I did put in to take a week off the first week of Feb, but we shall see if I get it.

Take care,

Old 01-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies...I was supposed to be in Vegas now. Put DH on a plane and he is having a good time.
I needed to be here for Mom as she has had a rough few days again. Dr. tomorrow and we will see what they can do for her.

Susan- Yes, I did set up a myspace, just to see everyone's photos. I have no idea how to put a photo on there and add comments to others sites. I will learn it eventually. Right now I have no picture I want ANYONE to see. I am so disgusted with my weight and my being such a sloth. Did you get the tooth fixed? Hope so.

Sassy- Sorry to hear about your FIL. I know how those things go. I don't know what I would do if Mom wasn't living with us. I would be running back and forth to be with her and it would not be as convenient. I hope you can work out things with your in-laws and come to a good conclusion. Remind me, do they live in the same town/area as you?

Cristina- What did the Dr. say? Hope you are feeling better. Hate back trouble.

Mindee- Good news on the job for Tommy. Hope he gets to go to school.

Katy- Sweat is good for you. LOL. I wouldn't know right now however. I am so ashamed of myself and really have to get back on track. Stress is a funny animal....

Jules- Hi, hope you are okay. I know you are lovin' being granny. I do too.

I will check in tomorrow if they do not put Mom in the hospital.

Last edited by suetalks; 01-23-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks View Post
Evening ladies...I was supposed to be in Vegas now. Put DH on a plane and he is having a good time.
I needed to be here for Mom as she has had a rough few days again. Dr. tomorrow and we will see what they can do for her.

Sassy- Sorry to hear about your FIL. I know how those things go. I don't know what I would do if Mom wasn't living with us. I would be running back and forth to be with her and it would not be as convenient. I hope you can work out things with your in-laws and come to a good conclusion. Remind me, do they live in the same town/area as you?

I will check in tomorrow if they do not put Mom in the hospital.

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she gets better. Yes my in-laws do live in the same area as we do, my mom lives in Indiana (where I'm from). Yes it definitely would be more convenient to have everybody under one roof and have 1 set of bills to pay would benefit us all for sure. And like DH said, if we did buy a house, we'd then have to sell it, so better off to do this in the first place. I think I seen that you have a myspace page now? PM me and I can give you mine if you want.

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-23-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #7  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUE...hugs to you and your momma. Hoping she doesn't have to go to the hospital.

SASSY...hugs to you and your family/FIL as well. That sure would benefit everyone, and it would be great just being there for your in-laws 24/7

KATY...Leigh sounds like a cutie! And who would'nt want a hug? WTG on the sweating! Lol What is this Dance, Dance, Dance, have you mentioned it?

MINDEE...sounds like me, my back was actually better today. Hoping you get lots of money back on your taxes! I don't even want to think about tax time, ugh!

SUZYQ...hope the tooth is better or at least you can get in to see the dentist soon. And hope the job hunting is going well. Wishing you lots of luck for the perfect job!

JULES...how's that little one?

Well, I went to the doc but didn't see the doc. Got tired of waiting so walked out. I've only done that maybe two times before but I just get so angry that they give you an appt for a certain time and you wait, and wait, and wait! We should be compenstated for having to waste our time since some docs think they need to be for people not making their appts. I know they make 2 or 3 appts for one time but come on. I need to find a new doc anyway...I am not pleased with her but just put up with her because she was friendly, made me feel comfortable and I don't want to have to go thru with trying to find another, such a pain. I am just going to take it easy for a week and if it is still bothering me find someone else I guess.

I did manage to get in 110 minutes of walking today. I am not trying to break any records or anything. I am walking so stinking slow it is pathetic so I go longer. But I am moving so...

Anywho...tomorrow is grocery shopping day and then taking DD to the show for her BD Saturday. DS is going as well since he doesn't have to work and doesn't have any classes. We'll eat out (she wants ribs) for her BD and wants me to make her cake. Ugh, I hate baking if I don't have too, lol. I would rather just buy a cake, lol.

Have a good day tomorrow ladies...not sure if I will have any computer time tomorrow or not...I think I will be spending the whole day with the kids, well, two of them.

Good night!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #8  

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

well, we got our taxes partially done. we have to wait for a 1099-R because Tommy had cashed out his IRA he had at his last job. (It was either cash it out, roll it over, or lose it) But our lady that helped us out, told us that once we get that and a couple of other things that we forgot, to just make an appointment and come back in to finish it off. She said that if we both can't make it in there, then the one that does can take the papers back to the one that couldn't. So, that was a relief, and we got a ball park amount on how much we are getting back. But the lady told us that it will go down because of the 1099-R.

Katy~ Thanks for the congrats! He doesn't like it because of the hours....but hey it is worth it for the extra dollar!

Sue~ I hope that your mom is okay. I will keep you and her in my thoughts and prayers for her appointment.

Sassy~ I will keep your family and your FIL in my thoughts and prayers as well. I hope he gets better soon.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

I am sorry about your mother Sue, sending prayers!

Cute about L, Katy!

Mindee - Bravo on the taxes! I need to find my papers and get started in mine. I usually do it myself,,,,lol,..do it over and over until I start liking the amount of the refund. haha.

Sassy - Hugs to you!!

Cristina - 110 minutes?? Yikes chickie! lol Amazing. I don't have the patience for that. I agree about the doctors office waits. Hugs to you too!

Just a quickie. I did the tooth yesterday and feel TONS better. He started a root canal and there is no pain today. The second appt is to finish it but they have no opening until April. I said my insurance runs out mid Feb so the best I can do is call every other day for an opening.

Went to the job thing this morning to learn my score of reemployment is low. Probably because I was earning $19 an hour and the odds of that again are slim, I know that. So, thinking of going ahead with the CNA thing since I am interested in that.

Reading Catcher in the Rye, is it suppose to be funny?? lol It is funny to me.

Almost down to 166!! Maybe by Saturday. Hee Haw.....

Can't wait to see McDreamy again.......seems like a long week!!

better go get Gaby!

hugs to all
Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Real quickie--I missed work on Tuesday & Wednesday since I was sick--I didn't feel much better today but there are some things that only I know how to do so I went in. My chest is starting to hurt so I am going to go to the doctors in the morning.

Going to bed--Nite girls!!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- I feel your pain with the long Dr. wait. We got to Mom's Dr. at 9:35 for a 10 appt. They took us right in so they could do some tests, 35 minutes later and I am thinking, okay, that's done, now we will see the Dr. Wrong. We sat there with Mom in a gown and not too warm. Dr. came in at 11:30. Grrrrr. Mom kept saying she was leaving, but at an hour drive to get there I told her we would wait.
The short story of it is that this was a vascular surgeon and her circulation was really good, the graft she had done a year ago was real good. He said the pain she is in is NOT from her circulation. So, we are back to finding someone to do something about her nerve....(pinched) And they can't do back surgery.

I am so sorry to hear about your illness Jules, and Susan, your root canal.
Glad your back is some better Cristina and hope you can find a new Dr. Personally, I am really fed up with all of them right now.

It has been wicked cold here today. DD drove us this morning as my car has acted up lately and we were fearful of it breaking down in -20 wind chills with old ladies in tow. LOL
I might be shopping for a new vehicle when DH gets home. I love my car, but once they start acting up they need to go...lol. Mine is a 2001 Buick, but only has 35,000 miles.

Sassy, Mindee, Katy- Howdee and thanks for your hellos and good wishes.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:18 AM   #12  

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....I really need to head to bed for sure! Marissa has her 9 month check up today at 10:45am, and then we have yet another appointment later on today. we are also going to be getting my sister Robyn living with us for a period of time. we are not sure when she will be coming to live with us, but my mom has already told us that she is willing to provide extra food for the house while she is here and some money for her for the things that she needs.

SuzieQ~ We were going to do our taxes ourselves, but neither one of us knows exactly how to do them. I know it can't be that hard, but neither one of us wants to take the chance of screwing it up! I remember reading that book, but I can't remember if it was meant to be funny or not.

Sue~ how did your mom's appointment go?

gotta run.....Marissa is waking up and I want to give her a quick bath before giving her a bottle.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Good Morning! TGIF!

Mindee - How old is Robyn? I have been doing my own taxes for a few years. I kind of get iffy on the child care expenses so I don't use what I pay for that. I am probably short changing myself if anything. I think Holden is suppose to be funny, his humor had my laughing out loud and I usually never do that.

Sue - I'll leave at hair appts if she has me tapping my toes. I can always hear her chattering away while I am on time and waiting. I hate that, so a few times I have just gotten up and left.

Jules - Hugs!! Go to the doctor, don't like the sound of pain in the chest!!

Sassy, Cristina, Katy and Michelle.......hugs to you all!!!

Made it to 166!! 40 pounds lost, yahooooo! I can tell in my clothes these last 5 pounds. I even tried on another skirt and it was fitting loose, has been a long time for that!! So, maybe I do have hope to get to my goal by my birthday....

Better get, so much to do and little time w/ Gab out of school at 11:20am.

chat at you later!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-25-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Hola!!! I'm joining you lovely ladies!! I dont have much to say at the moment..I just got home from the gym (yay), so I'm gonna go jump in the shower. BBL!!

Oh ya..I just wanna add..that since I started working out, I can tell that my mood is changing a little bit. I'm not as moody as I used to be. Which is a good thing for me and dh, LOL!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 01-25-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Okay, I'll catch up in a sceond but want to say...dang girl (Francie) you are fast! to our little corner of the world and so glad to have you join us!
Closed Thread