Old 02-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies!
Noelle, I just finished looking at your pictures! It looks like you all had a really good time! I've never been to NOLA but someday would love to go. I've heard so many neat things about it. Loved the picture of Michael's first MardiGras! He looks like a really fun guy! So glad that the truck didn't hit your house that you were staying in!! I'll bet it was a little noisy when that happened! So many neat pictures. And you look great! I've saved the email so I can go back and look at them some more.
And I also looked at the pictures of all the rain in Hawaii! Wow! I'll bet you are glad that you missed that!

Cherie, sounds like you are getting your wedding plans all under way. I know that is exciting too. When Tim and I first got married in 1970 it was so much fun looking for wedding gowns and making all the plans. Then we divorced in 1982. He remarried someone else and so did I. Then after both of those marriages didn't work out we got back together in 1993. By then I went and checked at Goodwill and found a really beautiful Wedding dress for $12!! Tim said it was fitting though---- a used wedding dress for a used bride!! He has always been such a romantic! NOT!!

Today I decided it was a good day to cook a turkey that I had still frozen from Christmas. It was really good and I fixed some sweet potatoes and veggies with it. Also decided since I went that far might as well make the pumpkin pie! So I guess this was my Valentine/Birthday dinner! I tried to eat sensible but I know I still had to much. But now I can freeze the leftovers and fix some homemade turkey vegetable soup later on. I know we are still going to have more cold, snowy, windy nights!

Well, guess that is about all from here tonight. Y'all take care!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone!

Noelle.. I am still working on looking at your pictures! I am still at the zoo I think! Girls has scouts last night so I had to put them on pause! I am going back today and finish looking at them.. I just LOVE New Orleans... and your pictures are bringing back all those lovely memories! I had to go to the Ann Rice website last night... I really didn't realize she started writing christian books back a few years ago. I guess I was still stuck in her "darker" period writings. It was very interesting to read through what she has been doing lately.

Karen.. your Valentine's meal sounds wonderful. I would love to have some of that.. but since I haven't been to the grocery store lately... I don't really know what we will be having.

Today I am still feeling the same as I have been... same crap.. just different day. I really want to feel better, I just am not sure how much longer this will last.

Oh.. I got the best Valentine's Day present yesterday..... Alan bought me a live orchid plant!!!! It is so beautiful! So much better than the normal roses. I was wanting to get some orchids for the wedding, so this is my chance to see if I can keep this one alive! I just LOVE it.. its so beautiful!

Hannah went home sick yesterday.. there is some sort of stomach virus going around now.. poor thing. I think she is feeling better today... I hope anyway.. no phone calls yet!

Karen... you story is great... I am sure your hubby is more romantic than what you let on.. I might have gone the preowned wedding dress route, but I couldn't find one I really liked... The dress I have ordered will be perfect for the wedding... I just need to keep working out so that i will fit into it!

OK.. back to work here... I am hacking all over my screen, so I hope you don't get sick from it! Talk to you all later!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #18  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies, another busy day for me and to make things worse I think I am coming down with a cold . I am taking Airborne though, so hopefully that will nip things in the bud. I am getting a scratchy throat and a little sinus pressure, and Rick has been sniffling a lot. Michael had a bad cough right before we left, but he seems to have gotten over it already.... Cherie, I think I may have gotten some of your flu virus through the screen after all Just kidding. Ooooh!!!! I just got back from my WW WI and found that I "only" gained .4 of a lb.....so I am doing the happy dance . I thought the damage would be much much worse. But! Back to the healthy eating and exercising routine.

I worked at my "other" job today, just to get familiar with the payroll again. I will be starting next Tuesday. For now, I am worrying about Rick's office and who I will have to trust in there. I'm trying not to stress myself out too much about it, but it's hard.

Anyway, I wanted to apologize for having so many pictures uploaded and please feel no obligation to look at all of them I was really camera happy this trip but I'm glad I was. Michael will have many memories to look at for years to come.

Cherie, I hope you feel better soon, and Hannah too. Enjoy your orchid. My mom has a bunch of different varieties and they are all pretty hardy--I mean, the leaves and flowers may fall off, but just continue to water and feed it, and it will probably flower again soon after.

Karen, Tim sounds just like Rick. But we know our guys love us right? Can't live with 'em , can't live without 'em . I haven't even thought of what we will be doing tomorrow. I've been so busy with work I haven't even got a card for him. Oh well, gotta make up for that somehow . Have a great night ladies, hope you all have a romantic Valentine's day tomorrow.

ps. Karen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #19  

Hello Ladies, HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY I got phone calls from my Dad, my brothers and my sister this morning and I got a nice card from Tim AND he also got me two Necklaces and earring sets. One is amethyst and the other is saphire. Amethyst is my birthstone so I was really surprised! OK Guess there must be a trace of romance in that body after all!!

Noelle, Thank you for the birthday greetings! I don't have much planned since it is snowing on my Birthday!! It is about 22 degrees. Not supposed to get to much snow this time though. I am so ready for Spring!

Well, not much planned around here. Guess, I'll just take it easy today and see what the day brings. Now a buyer for the house would be a perfect present!!

I'll check back later with everyone. Have a great day!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #20  

Good Morning everyone~ Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I left work about 9 AM yesterday and went home and took my medicine and slept all day long. It must have helped, because I fell 90% better!! Alan was sick too.. so we spent the day in bed napping... nothing fun because it was Valentine's Day.. But it was nice spending the day with him, even if we were both sick.

Happy Birthday Karen!!!! My best friend's birthday is on V-Day as well.. I hope you had a really nice day!

Noelle... I am going back today to finish the pictures! You are so beautiful btw.. there was one picture that I saw, and I will have to go back and find it.. and you were just so beautiful! :-) Gorgeous Chick!

OK.. TGIF. I am trying to get my invitations ordered today. At least the paper stock. I am creating them myself.. and I need to get on the ball. I am making the girls dresses, and I need to get on the ball with those as well. We found a Hawaiian band that will come and preform for us! Ohana is the name of the group. I think it will be fun. They do an actual show, and possibly a fire dance!

Anyway... we are trying to get a contract together today for them... so hopefully we can get it all worked out!

OK.. I need to get back to work... Check back in later!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #21  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies, TGIF!!! I am stuffy headed but plowing through work right now, I don't have much choice. Tis the flu season I guess.

For Valentine's day yesterday we went out to dinner at a nice sushi restaurant, then went to Home Depot (romantic, I know). I wanted to get my dad a present, his b-day is today (as is my father-in-law). I ended up getting my dad a Leatherman multi-tool plier thingie, and Rick wanted a demolition hammer for work--so that's what he got for V-day . We must be getting old, because we both want practical things as gifts

We are supposed to be going to the Police concert tomorrow night, but Rick decided that he'd rather go fishing instead, so I am taking Michael as my date --then on Monday, my 2 sisters and I are doing the Great Aloha Run, although we are walking. It is 8.15 miles from the Aloha Tower to the Aloha Stadium. It's pretty flat out there and I've done it several times before so I'm actually looking forward to getting out there.

Karen, Tim came through after all I hope your day was very happy indeed. Has it warmed up any at all? I'm thinking warm thoughts for you and sending vibes for someone to come out and buy your house!

Cherie, it is so exciting to have a Hawaiian band come out. Are they from here or somewhere on the mainland? I'd love to hear their music. I know Alan is a musician so this Ohana band must be pretty good if you guys are hiring them. Glad you're feeling better! Hey, I didn't get to comment on your ski pics, but you and Alan make a great looking couple! And thanks girl for the compliments, you are making me blush --you do know that it's a requirement to post on this thread right? To be good looking? Just kidding.

--I also wanted to ask you, when do you need the lauhala boxes by--I know, the sooner the better right? I am trying to contact a supplier a few doors down from me to see if he carries any. I just need to know a roundabout date that you would need them. Let me know.

OK, so what happened to everyone else? Angie? Kempy? Dips? cw? Cal? I miss you guys and think of you often. I gotta get back to work. Enjoy your day!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #22  

OK.. this is the picture I was talking about!!!! You are just gorgeous!

And Michael's mustache.. OMG.. that kept cracking me up!!! Loved it on you dawlin!

:-)

So how did you like Van Halen??? I though David Lee Roth looked pretty HOT... wow. I didn't know many of their songs.. but I sure enjoyed my eye candy at the concert!!!!

As for the boxes... yeah.. as soon as you can! Hahaha.. however, if I can get them by sometime in the middle of May... that will give me time to assemble them. I can't buy the chocolate covered macadamina nuts until then, cause I don't want them to be stale.. as for the band.. we are not going to be picky.. they are the ONLY Hawaiian band in the vincity.... I just think it will be cool to bring a little of "aloha" to Oklahoma! :-) I am now trying to think up some song they might play at the ceremony... processional and ressessional and such... if you have any good ideas.. please pass them on!

OK.. my boss just told me I could leave.... so I am going to scat! Talk to you all later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noelle.jpg (34.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #23  

Hello everyone!!!! Happy Tuesday! I am sitting here trying to study (I am taking a PHR, professional Human Resource class) and waiting on the phone to ring. I got a job offer from that company yesterday. I emailed this morning with a counter... and I just called and left a message with the HR manager about 40 minutes ago. (I had said in the email that I would call back this afternoon since I was busy with meetings all day). So.. I am just waiting to see if they call me back. What does it mean when I don't know if I want them to call me or that I feel really anxious (and not in a good way?) I really like my job here ... but the future is not very stable.... however, right here and now... it's fine, and the dynamics are great. This new company would mean alot of change (three months before my wedding) and alot more work, but if they accept my counter. (they were going to give me basically 7% now, and up that to about 9% increase over my current salary in 90 days, I countered with a 15% increase because of my recent CPP certification and my knowledge of their software system)... anyway... just a little stressed...

Right now... it's in their court, and I am going to do my best not to worry about it any more tonight. 6 to 7% isn't enough to get me over there to them.. but 15% is nice. I will keep you posted!

We, I weighed in yesterday.... and I am happy to say that even though I came off my diet, haven't exercised and have been sick, I am down at my lowest previous weight. 161.50. So.. I am starting back getting on track. I ordered my crinoline today, so I need to lose some inches in my waist for my dress to fit.... I still have three solid months to do that in..... so, I've got to buckle down.

OK.. back to work here.. 15 more minutes til I can get out of here!!!!! Hope everyone is doing OK~!!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #24  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies, sorry I've been MIA. We had a wonderful weekend with the Police concert--those guys can still ROCK THE HOUSE!!! and Sting looks AMAZING , the Great Aloha Run (I finished it in 2hrs, 15 minutes just walking ) and well, I started work F/T at my old company on Tuesday. Today the gal that is supposed to continue training me called in sick so today was stressful...I was floundering around all day but did what I could with whatever notes I had. So much for that. Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say hello. This will suck that I can't get on the computer during the day, but I hope to pop in at least at night.

Cherie, congrats on getting down to your low. You will fit into your beautiful gown. And I am thinking good thoughts for your job situation all the way around. I know exactly how you feel having just been through a similar situation, and I'm just now experiencing the terror of the move . Just kidding! I know we will reap the benefits that we deserve right?

Anyway, I have to head back to Rick's office to pick up some slack. Work work work...

Hi Karen, Cal and any other lurkers out there. Have a great rest of the week.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #25  

Noelle, Congrats on the Aloha Run!! You really did good! We haven't had anything like that around here and probably won't for at least another month or so. And another Congrats on the new (old) job! It sounds like you are going to be really busy!

Cherie, I just heard on the news that they are planning on putting a ski resort on the west slope of Pikes Peak next year! Now just think about this.... if you bought our house you would only be about 15 minutes away from the slopes!!! If you could go straight from our front door to Pikes Peak it would probably be less!!

Still working on getting back on track today. I really feel so determined right now. Also I'm having some good thoughts and feel that our house will sell next month. Maybe I'm beign to optimistic but I just kind of have a good feeling.

Well, I need to go and finish getting some things done around here. And they are talking about another 2 to 4 inches of snow again tonight! Come on Spring!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #26  

TGIF everyone... I am glad this week is almost over.

Noelle... I am so jealous!!!! I would love to see the Police... one of my favorite of all time bands!

And WTG on the Aloha Run!!! Very impressive!

How is your new job going? Getting any better????

Karen.... that is really tempting! :-) We are still talking things out.. trying to figure out what we want to do after the wedding. Colorado is still the top of our list... just trying to figure out how to do it.

Well, I didn't take the job offer. I declined the offer this week. Not sure if I made the right decision or not... but I am glad to have made a decision, and I can quit focusing on it.

Alan finally put an ad in the paper to sell his house. We are going to do an open house this weekend. Hopefully we can get some traffic in there and get someone to buy the darn thing.

Well... I better get back to work.. I need to at least look busy... I'll talk to you guys later!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #27  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I am so glad it's FRIDAY You would not believe it but the gal that is training me didn't show up on Thursday either so I had to wing it, AGAIN! She did show up this morning and basically said that she thought it wasn't a big deal because there wasn't that much work to be done.... um, yeah, so what? I still don't know the complete processes so shouldn't you be showing up to train me? I mean, she's only here for 1 more week. I've been STRESSING out like you wouldn't believe. But today at least for now, things are better. Oh! But she left at lunch and isn't coming back, so WHATEVER!?!! At least I've worked at the office before and know the people there, I feel a helluva lot more comfortable being there than if I'd never worked there before--I can't even imagine if some poor newbie would've shown up to get trained and she did this to them.....OMG!

Cherie, at least you made the right decision about the job for you. I think it would've been a lot of change especially w/your upcoming wedding...plus, you know what I almost forgot for myself? When you start a new job you have to earn your vacation time...man, that sucks! I won't get another vacation until next Feb., probably later because I'm saving it for fall break 2009...it'll be a long wait for me

Karen, I like your positive vibes. I'm crossing my fingers for the sale of your house!

Well, I gotta get back to work. Hope you all have a great weekend.

ps. I'm weighing in this evening at WW. I hope to see some new, lower numbers on the scale.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #28  
so close, yet so far...

Woo-Hoo!!! I lost 2.6 this week...must've been the 8.15 miles . Can't wait to get out of the 180's!!!

Happy Saturday ladies!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #29  

Hello Ladies! Well I got on the scales this morning and I gained a pound this week!! Changed my ticker. But that is OK because I really tried to focus on getting my eating back on track this past week. And this coming week I am going to get in more exercise other than just the normal housework! So the scales WILL start moving in the right direction!

Noelle, Congrats on the loss this week!! That is fantastic!! I hope your new job gets more comfortable for you real soon.

Cherie, you probably made the right decision about the job. Right now I'm sure you are more focused on your wedding and that is stressfull enough without adding a new job to the mix!

We did have some people come and look at the house yesterday. You know how you try to read people to see what they think...... I couldn't tell anything. I did hear them say when they opened up the walk-in closet in our bedroom, " A Guestroom" And I just couldn't figure out what they thought. I do know they had some more houses that they were looking at so guess we'll just have to sit and wait to hear.

Well, guess I need to get busy. Gosh! It is already noon here! WOW!

Have a great day!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #30  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Saturday everyone. I am "at work" at Rick's office. It is so much more peaceful here, since I know what I'm doing Well, yesterday actually wasn't so bad since the gal did come in for a half-day, and she gave me something to do for the afternoon which I actually sort of understood. I hope next week is much, much better and that she actually shows up to work! please please please!!!

Cherie, I am waiting for an answer from the guy a few doors down who does imports of "hawaiian" things that are actually made in the Philippines and Malaysia or Indonesia . I'm thinking he should be able to get the lauhala boxes pretty cheaply, and we rent space to his brother so I'm hoping he'll give you a great price. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Karen, I am really thinking positive thoughts for your house to sell. I know how much you want to move back "home" to MO. I have a cousin who lives in Colorado, I have to go find out exacty where, but they've been there a few years. He was in the Air Force and has lived all around the world, but retired to CO, he's just a few years older than I am...maybe 4-5 years? They always send us pics of them skiing or doing neat outdoorsy things. I think CO is a really beautiful place from what I've seen. --and hey, don't fret about that stinkin' pound. It'll come off and take a few more with it. Just hang in there. Are you doing still doing South Beach? or SF? or a combination? Whatever it is, just take it one day at a time.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend? I know I am.