Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #91  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I am almost back to 166! Yippeeee, maybe by Friday, I hope.

Sassy - My supervisor did the same thing to me. Told me I should be thinking of where I wanted to go in the agency, careerwise. *snicker*,...I have never wanted a career, I just want money. Anyway, maybe that was why I was laid off?? lol Hugs to your mother and you!

Mindee- Yeah on the van! A nice long road trip sounds fun. Congrats on the weight and keeping the junk food out of the house!

Katy - Sorry about MIL!! I hope she is ok. I wasn't there last night. Gab still has the sniffles, so we passed. I am thinking of going to the Daisy meeting at Hayhu. Thursday night. Thanks for the quote!

Cristina - It was a good quote, huh? I always read mysteries backwards, it is fun that way knowing who did it. I hate suspense. lol

anyway - hi to our MIA's..... Jules, Sue, Michelle and Francie!! Hope you ladies are doing well
I am off, tons to do. I picked up Gabs' homework packet this morning because it never has made it's way home. Valentine information was in there saying the teacher wanted the kids to *make* a valentine for the other kids and sign their name. Ok, I can work on Gab signing her name but making cards?? Argh,,,,,,I don't have the time to money for that. I will ask the teacher if that is what she meant.

better get!!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #92  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello lovely ladies!

SUSAN...make valentines? What happened to buying a package, lol? Valentine's Day for the kids is supposed to be fun, not a chore, lol! Yes, that is a good quote, and oh so true. Woohoo to almost being at 166!

MINDEE...you don't have to apologize missy. I just wanted to give credit where credit was due So have you rode in the new van yet? You guys lovin' it?

KATY...sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she is okay. I did get a good night's sleep once I went to sleep. Went to bed at almost 1 but didn't actually go to sleep until almost 3, ugh! But then I couldn't get up this morning, lol and slept until 10:30, yikes! the thing is, I probably could have slept another hour or two. I think it's the cold.

SASSY...I think Miss Katy gave some very good advice! Hope your back is better today.

Well, nothing going on with me today. This cold has me feeling like crap! But I forced myself to exercise anyway...just gotta do it! I feel guilty, and weird if I don't do it which I guess is a good thing. Just going to go with it as long as it lasts. Going to get some laundry done and probably nothing else...feeling too crappy. Right now all I want to do is go back to bed! Anyway...have a good day ladies.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #93  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just enjoying the snow as it is falling outside! as long as I don't have to go out in it......or shovel it! but if it stops before I go to bed, I will shovel it so that Tommy doesn't slip in the morning. I got a call from the speech therapist.......Brandon has an appointment on Friday at 11am!

oops! gotta run.....I have to take over making dinner since Tommy had to run to the store real quick for some catalina dressing.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #94  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Gurls

Hi Ladies.

Still a grey day here. Very windy and colder too......
We went to pick up our car from the dealer, it had an oil change done and when I was leaving to come to work, I was very close to being in an accident. This dude zips out in front of me, I am so thankful that I have good breaks!!!

Then get to work, have a "nice" little email from my boss that my drs note was not good enough, I need another one. He wants one with dates, where I can understand that, I have seen that he lets others get away with less -- like no note at all and he is also not letting me use my "floating holiday" from MLK day for yesterday, so that means I won't get paid for yesterday.......and again he has let his "Favorites" do it....But anyways...........

Mindee -- thanks I think its only supposed to get colder here, with a chance of snow on the weekend.......crazy weather. lol. on the new van!! I maintain my mom's myspace site for her, she has no clue nor any patience for it, so she lets me do it. lol.

Cristina -- Thanks......

Susan -- I totally 100% agree with you. I am only here for the $$ as well. If it wasn't for our new car and having to um pay for it, I would have quit long ago that is for sure. That car is the only reason I am here. I guess that is why I am so miserable, because I HAVE to be here, ya know?

Katy -- Thank You for the advice, truly, but I just plan on putting the survey off as long as necessary, I do not plan on ever being a supervisor or anything like that, esp here. I am like Susan, I am only here for the $$ and if I did not need it, I would have quit long ago. lol. Great attitude right? lol. I just really hate it here and I know its all my boss who is creating a nasty work environment, not only with me, for everybody, except for his "favorites".

Needless to say I defintely have to get out of here. I am thinking about even going to work at a grocery store or something to get the heck out of here. I am just so tired of all the BS. We all keep hoping that it will all catch up with our boss, but it seems like he can do whatever he pleases without any negative consequences. I just don't know how much longer I can take it. My time limit has already expired to the amount of time I gave for changes to be made, but I keep hoping that things will change, ya know??? UGH..........Anyways, sorry to vent, just frustrated, as usual..........

So sorry that I always complain about my job, I am working on finding something else though, because this isn't healthy, to be so miserable all the time. I'd rather be making minimum wage if it meant I was happier.......Thanks so much for all your kind words and support.......

Well all I have "bigger fish to fry" now. My boss called me stating I need to have my dr fill out the FMLA form or basically I am sc**wed. I am sure my dr will do it for me, but he also stated he went to HR about it and that is what they suggested. I can't really get mad over it because its all correct because of how my co. is on attendance and all, so I have to do what I have to do.

I am not even worrying now about the stupid survey. I may not need it if I don't work here anymore!!! lol. I am surprised that my boss did not make me leave because technically my drs note did not say when I could return to work, so I think that is a big no-no, but at least I am getting paid, so that is all I care about right now.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-06-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:53 AM   #95  

well, I am back and all is quiet in this house! I even went out and shoveled the snow that fell earlier on Wednesday, I folded our laundry and put it away.....what else did I do?

I actually stepped on the scale again, and am down another pound. I really need to get away from weighing myself daily! I guess keeping the junk food out is an awesome thing! I even stocked up on my Crystal Light Energy drink so that I can keep up on drinking my water. (plain water seems boring to me!)

SuzieQ~ Any plans with McDreamy this weekend? How did the homework with Gab go? Is she given her homework for the week on Monday, and then she has to do it through out the week?

Cristina~ Nope, I haven't ridden in the new van yet! BUT I will on Friday! We have to go take Brandon for his speech evaluation, then to get him and Logan a hair cut, then to meet the guy we bought the van from to get the new tires, and then some time to Wal-Mart to pick up some things! Then on Saturday we are going up north to see my parents! I can't wait!!!! We are going to be taking our camera and laptop since we are going to take some pictures and then upload them onto her myspace page for her.

Sassy~ That sucks about the email from your boss. Did you ever fill out the survey that they were sending around? If the survey goes to the big head honchos (as in the ones over your boss' head) then I would be truthful about what he does with his favorites. BUT if it goes to your boss, then I wouldn't do it....unless the survey is anonymous.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #96  
ugggg.....

Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA. I don't know where to begin. Today is hubby's birthday and we are suppossed to go out. There are some old mineral spring baths in a little town close by--George Washington visited there...impressive huh..then he wants to go get pizza at the little place we found on our way home from the motorcycle show.

Work is busy as usual, the new girl(who just turned 59 on Monday!) is picking up speed on the entry. I have always said that the job takes a good 6 months to get comfortable with. Another of the ladies has tendonitis in her right elbow. I am hoping she heals fast--she really likes the therapist she is going to.

Weight/diet wise--I am not losing but I guess on the bright side--I am not gaining. I have to do something--I don't like where I am. The antibiotic did kick the cold out of me so I am feeling better. Just still really tired from whatever it was I had.

Ryan is not moving to Eugene in April. His friend is getting married and it looks like they will be coming back here. His other friend is moving to Portland in the summer and said Ry could move with him. Truthfully I can see him getting along better with Adam than David. Ryan has grown so much since he and David were friends and Adam is more into the creative writing and has the same philosophical views that Ry does.

Dominic is sick--he has a little cold and a slight ear infection. We took him up to Becky's since she will watch him some when Teri goes back to work. little Henry was getting over his cold but must have had enough to give it to the baby. He is doing better and is suprisingly not fussy. He does want to be held alot.

Teri is heartbroken. Dave went out about a week ago and was suppossed to be at his friends house. Another friend came by and he went to the bar and got really drunk. When the first friend came back to pick him up at the bar, the car stopped and Dave decided to get into the drivers seat and see if he could get it started (turns out the transmission went out and it wasn't going anywhere) The police pulled up at that time and Dave got arrested for DUI, unfortunately he was on probation from a previous charge which would have been finished next month so this was a violation. He went to his probation officer yesterday and was taken to jail. They find out in 10 days how long he will have to stay in. Needless to say Teri is devastated. Dave has been getting better in alot of areas, its just apparent that he can't drink. He does help with the baby so much. Thats the one thing that makes me not dislike hime completely. Teri is going to spend the weekend here with us--Dave wants her to stay with his parents but she just doesn't feel comfortabole there. I feel bad for her, but there are things about Dave I have never liked and those things change briefly but he always reverts back to them. I am trying to keep quiet but a big part of me hopes that she will see that she could do so much better. She's so much smarter than to pick the guys she does. I can't figure it out.

Well that's my stressful life...sorry to write a book.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #97  
ugggg.....

Mindee--wtg on the 1 pound!! Nice getting your new van too. Glad you and the kids got over that nasty cold. I can't keep chips in the house--they are my weakness. When I crave salt, I just pop a couple of green olives and it usually does the trick.

Sassy--your boss is one like I used to have. They create "hostile" work enviroments that can really wreck a department and make work very uncomfortable. I would talk to someone in HR or your Payroll department--I don't think a boss can not let you use a floating holiday.

Cristina--Wtg on the 4 pound loss. You are doing awesome in the exercise department!! Chuckee Cheeses sounds fun!! Those little ones are going to love their new "Grandma Cristina"!!!

SuzyQ--Ry always seemed to forget his homework and even when he remembered it, didn't want to do it. The kids always gave out their favorite character on their Valentine cards--they used to decorate a brown paper lunchbag to carry all the ones they got. How's the job search?? Is it still getting steamy with McDreamy??

Katy--I am one of those too that feels so much better when I get regular sleep. Though right now I am still sleeping too much I think from whatever bug I had. Hubby thinks I had a touch of walking pnuemonia and that's why I am still so tired. I kind of think it's a touch of depression making me want to stay in bed.

Hi to Francie & Sue!!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #98  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

As I live and breathe it is our Grandma Jules !! I am sorry for the stresses but am soooo happy you came and posted! Happy Birthday to the hubby

Sassy - I am starting not to like your supervisor. Grrrrrrr. No, I have never wanted a career, I hated my job, I was miserable. I think that is why my health and mental state went downhill in the last year when I worked there. I really want to find a job that I will love doing, something I am passionate about. Maybe Baskin & Robbins?? haha.....seriously. We spend so much of our lives in the work place, we need to be happy there!!

Mindee - Yeah on another pound down!! Good for you

Cristina
- You have done so well on your exercising......coming from someone who actually has to get her butt moving. I think I am waiting for the weather to warm up, I hate being out in the cold.

Hi to Katy, Michelle, Francie and Sue!!

My update is I decided not to ask about the Valentines, we are buying regardless of what teach says about making cards..*snicker*....the homework is going well.....we get a monthly packet at the start of the month. I think it is double sided now, so 2 pages a day for Gab to do , plus writing Wednesday words and learning her safety/misc items...like her address, birthdate,full name,her left and right.....blah blah. It is overwhelming and I have papers flying around the house. Not sure what McD and I are doing this weekend,just that we plan on seeing each other....maybe tomorrow I will know more. The job search is fine...lol, it is boring. I need to buy some more nylons.

I guess that is it....off I go again!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-07-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #99  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Not feeling so great today so will post more tomorrow. Just a big ole grouch.

JULES...hugs to you, Teri and Dave!

Have a good one ladies...
Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #100  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi Gurls!!

Hi Gurls.

I wanna say Thanks so much for all your support. You know my boss read my email (I put a read receipt on it) that I sent him stating that I had filled out my FMLA papers that he wanted and left them under my keyboard for him, like he wanted, and he didn't even have the curtosy to reply back? That should not surprise me, he is a freaking a$$hole but still, just a small "Thanks" would have been nice. DH took the FMLA papers to the DR to have him fill it out, the drs office was swamped this morning so DH just left them there for him to fill out.

Mindee -- No haven't filled out the survey, it doesn't go to anybody high up, it goes straight to my boss, that is why I don't know if its just for him or for our co. But I did hear a rumor that our co. is getting ready to cut 200 people, so maybe it is a co. required thing and this is how to "weed" people out? I dunno. In a way I kinda hope I do get cut, as then I will get severance package and I can take some time to look for another job, but I know that I shouldn't think that way.........

Jules -- Happy Bday to Hubby!!! I hope you had a great time. Sorry to hear little Dominick is sick, hope he gets better soon!!! So sorry to hear that Teri is having a rough time with David. I hope everything turns out ok. Our boss I think has a what do you call it? Big head syndrome? Where he likes to make people feel like crap so he feels wonderful? Either way nobody likes him, except of course his "favorites" and I think even they would throw him "under the bus if they had too. lol.

Susan -- You and me and almost everybody at work too -- not liking my boss. Everybody was shocked when I told them what he wants me to do. But two ladies who have been there for several years and both have taken FMLA too, said to do it because after that he cannot touch me and cannot reprimand me for any future absences due to my back. I 120% agree with you on the job thing. That is why I am desperately trying to find something else, even if it isn't my "Dream Job" just so I am not miserable. You are totally correct, we spend way too much time at work to be so unhappy. I also think that is part of my reason for being not only so unhappy, but also for being "stuck" weightloss wise. I know its not ALL that, but I think it has a part in it.

Cristina -- I hope you feel better hon! EVERYBODY at work is sick, and I mean SICK. People being out for a week or more!!! I hope they keep their germs to themselves!!!

Big to all!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:05 AM   #101  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....I am really anxious and excited at the same time about Brandon's evaluation on Friday morning. I want to know where we stand on things, and then what the next step is! I have to admit that I finally got the hang of eating three meals, and two snacks. I have been doing so great these past couple of days since we did our grocery shopping! I am even down three pounds since I my last official weigh in....which was Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Jules~ It is so good to hear from you!!!! I am so sorry to hear about Dominic being sick and Teri being heart broken. From the sounds of it, it does sound like Dave wants to get things right, but like you mentioned...can't drink. I do have to say though, that since there are chips in the house.....if the boys want some, I will take no more then five chips and that will be it! Where as before I used to sit right down with them and eat away.

SuzieQ~ It seems that since the light bulb finally went off, and I realized that I need to eat more during the day and not try to clump it all together, that I am seeing the scale move.....in he right direction! I do have to say though that when I first started out on this weight loss journey after I had Marissa, I wrote down a list of weights (in increments of 5 pounds) along with a column for when I achieved the goal and what size pants/shirts I am wearing at the time......and I finally hit my first official goal AFTER the start weight that I seemed to have been bouncing back to. When I started this journey I was wearing a size 26 pants (that were tight mind you) and a size 3x shirt......now I have size 24 pants (that are loose) and I can wear 2x shirts (maybe smaller now since me boobs seem to have dissappeared on me!) Is that a school that her homework is for? I would love something like that for Brandon so that I can get him prepared for school.....but I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe I will ask the lady at Brandon's evaluation on Friday morning.

Cristina~ How are you doing girl? You are doing an amazing job with your exercising and your weight loss!!!

Sassy~ How are you doing? did the clouds break or are they still hanging around? I would fill the survey out anyways, and then if the rumor is true and you get cut, then you can go on with your plan of attack. (either way I would still look for another job......especially if you don't like your current one)
Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #102  
ugggg.....

Mindee--i can eat 5 chips at a time--and then 5 more and then ......I have alot of issues with Dave but even I saw he was trying and he is really good with Dominic and with Teri and her moods. Teri says not having him to help with Dominic will be the hardest. He has the worst luck, it is truly like he has a black cloud over him.

Sassy--there are some people that cannot handle being a boss. There ego gets to pumped up on their own "power" and they make the worst bosses of all. I have had a few. All I can say is document everything--dates, times & what was down. Also any comments if any about you being sick alot- some things that are said can be in voiolation of the disabilities act. My old boss once told a worker who has fibromyalgia that he would never hire someone who gets sick alot again in front of me and another worker who also had health issues. We were shocked and my coworker said he always made comments about her illness and she had it all well documented along with all the favortism he showed especially to one worker whose work we had to always help her keep up on when she went to him crying she had too much work to do.

Cristina--hope you are feeling better!!

SuzyQ--Ry figured out his left and his right by by making a "L" with his thumb and the finger next to it. I still catch him looking down and doing it sometimes when we go on our trips. Have fun with McDreamy!!

Katy, Sue & Francie--hope you are having a good day!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #103  
RosieKate

Jules - so sorry to read about Dave's woes...hopefully this will shake him up enough to change his behavior. How's Teri holding up?

Mindee - congrats on the losses - wtg! Enjoying the new van?

Sassy
- Ugh - a boss from ****...I haven't had one of those for awhile, though DH has. He documented e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g that pertained to this person. I think that's good advice, because these people tend to dig their own graves, but if there is no documentation they get away with it.

Cristina - feeling better today? I'm starting of a bit grumpy today, but I'm going to the gym pretty soon so hopefully that will snap me out of it.

Susan- I'm with you on the Valentines..ours are bought no matter what anyone else says. My kids don't have the attention span or the time to hand make cards. I tried that once when J was in preschool and I just ended up doing them all, and frankly, I don't enjoy making cards. I still think that teacher is out to lunch on the homework philosophy..there's research that says that piling on the homework at such a young age has no effect on their performance at school. Your time is better spent reading her a book. I admire your patience with it all....

hey - did you make it to the daisy meeting? I was at a parent info night for middle school. Is it worth checking out?

Hi to everyone else!

Well, I have to get ready to hit the gym. Then it's time to pick up Leigh, then run some errands and pick up around the house before it's time to go pick up J...It's just a pick-up kind of day, lol!

Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #104  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Morning gals...Like some of the rest of you I have been feeling grumpy. Now, I am also battling sinus pain and headache. On top of a week or two of down right depression. It's h**l, I tell ya.

Today I am doing a couple loads of laundry and not much else. DH even went to the grocery for me. He said I look like I feel miserable. Thanks alot! But, I really do, so how can I complain?
I have been doing a whole lot of nothing except reading and being lazy.

Yesterday I did take Mom to pick up some x-rays for her Mon. appt. We stopped for a few things at Wally World and to eat at Bob Evans. We both brought half of our lunch home and ate it for dinner as DH was gone for the day. I think I will have to cook tonight...but will see what DH brings home.

Otherwise, I talked to all 3 of my "brats" several times this week and everyone is well. DS has just 6 more hours and law school will be finished. Whew! A light at the end of the 5 year tunnel. DD in CA has a job interview this morn. and DD here is working on post prom for DGD and also busy with her church activities. I am baking 10 dozen cookies for her church tomorrow. Gads...I hope I feel better.

Mom has had a good week with no nausea, just still the constant pain. Hopefully we can get that addressed Mon. Her arm healed nicely from her fall last week.

So, other than ME, everyone is perking right along. And I will be doing the same here in a day or two. I just got the gray, winter doldrums and then this sinus thing whacked me. We haven't been here in the winter for so long that I forgot how depressing it all is.

Okay...I have rambled enough and my dryer is almost finished, so I better scoot. I will do indies as soon as I can.

Chin up everyone..."this too shall pass."
Old 02-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #105  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

Cristina - Ok, missy. Time is up on being Grouchy, I miss you!! I was checking out Good Reads yesterday, wow...you have a lot of books read!!

Sassy
- I would totally ignore your boss, he sounds and acts like a ding bat that snuck thru on a promotion that he was not entitled to. You tell him that for me. lol
awww, don't.
I put on weight when I am depressed or feel trapped in life, or when I feel I have no control. Anyway, maybe focus on yor days off and make them extra special so you have that to look forward to??

Mindee
- I'll send Gaby's homework for Brandon to do and you can send it back completed! It will save my sanity () and get Brandon prepared for school .....haha.

I was up to a size 22 in pants, almost about to buy a size 24 at my heaviest. I like the idea of small meals every few hours, that seems to work best for me, helps me not get soooo hungry and feeling sorry for myself.

Again, on the scale!! and good luck w/ Brandon's evaluation!!

Katy - Reading is what I like best, we always read 2/3 books before bedtime and now that Gab has her own library card she looks forward to getting new books.
I went last night to the girl scouts meeting. It was mainly addressing new troop leaders. Can you imagine all the mothers looking at each other thinking "I don't want to be a leader, I just want a troop for my daughter!!"...so I was annoyed. It is like pulling teeth to get a troop for Gaby and the Rieke troop leader never returns emails or phone calls , so poop on her anyway. Some of the leaders speaking though make it sound so awesome with the camping and community service the girls can do.
So............do you want to be a troop leader?? lol There was a mixure of Brownie interest and Daisy interest last night. Just no one to lead.

Sue
- hope you are having a super Friday!!

I better go. Gab goes at 5pm with her father. McDreamy called last night when I was reading a book before swimming, it was like 5:30 and he had been gone all day so no emails. He was sweet to call and say hello. Gab answered and she goes "Daddy??".....yikes. Of course we were in the middle of reading so she kept saying "hang up the phone".....and McD heard and thought that was the cutest. haha,,,little doeshe know.....she meant it. I also didn't weigh this morning, I ate late last night so didn't bother, I will do it tomorrow.

Hi to Francie and Michelle!!

later!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-08-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Because I can
Closed Thread